Alpha Thread

Discuss anything related to GM's Alpha platform cars.

As one of the GM whores here, I've been keeping an eye on the aftermarket Support for the Alpha chassis ATS and Camaro.

Well ZZPerformance caught my interest the other day. They set a new record for the fastest 2.0L Turbo Camaro. The car only got a downpipe, an intercooler kit, an intake tube, an E85 conversion, and a quick dyno tune (320 HP, 350 ft-lbs).
youtube.com/watch?v=oM9uqtgRLD0

This begs the question. Why won't GM offer the magnetic ride control on the I4 or V6 Camaros? They're both more than capable of putting it to use.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tremec_TR-3160_transmission
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>alpha
>driving a GM cqr

Alpha is the name of the platform.
Cars currently using the Alpha platform:
2013+ Cadillac ATS
2014+ Cadillac CTS
2016+ Chevrolet Camaro

Daily reminder, the 2018 mustang GT will wipe the floor with the camaro ss

>still has less power than the SS
>still has worse suspension
It'll outsell the Camaro for sure. But a Camry will also outsell the Mustang. Does that make it better?

Doesnt the V6 version of the 1LE have magride shocks though?

They raised the HP. The 2017 was 435HP, id be shocked if the 2018 wasnt 455 at least, plus they upgraded the suspension and the mustang still weighs less meaning the camaro will be slower

>the mustang still weighs less
Where, i WANT the mustang to weigh less but i can't believe it if ford themselves didn't even say anything.

>still has less power
[citation needed]

>and the mustang still weighs less
No. The Camaro weighs less.
The last time the Mustang weighed less than a Camaro was 2014, and in 2015, they were even.
The 2016 redesign dropped 200 lbs from the Camaro with the switch from the Zeta chassis to the Alpha chassis.
You can wish the Mustang was lighter all you want. That won't change the fact it isn't.

>435 HP vs 455 HP
Ford cucks try again.

Nope the 2018 mustang makes 460+ hp.
lol

keep dreaming.

[Citation Needed]

My mistake, the camaro weighs 20 pounds less, you sure got me. But the 2018 will weigh less, im sure they can shed 20 pounds senpai

>please spoon feed me mommy!
lel pushcuck desperation in full effect
LOL

don't tell the gm fangirls that the 2018 zl1 weighs more than a ford shelby gt500 from 2012. LMAO

>don't tell the gm fangirls that the 2018 zl1 weighs more than a ford shelby gt500 from 2012.
meh. The Z28 will wipe the floor with everything.

Beware. The LT5 is coming.

>the z28 will wipe the floor with everything. no, no it won't. it's going to get raped by the ford gt.

>this will cause a trigger

>zl1 weighs more than a ford shelby gt500 from 2012.
Performs very well for its weight. whats wrong with that?

Point is chevy doesnt know how to lose weight, they shed 400 pounds on the camaro ss and its only 20 pounds lighter than the mustang GT. You have to be retarded to think Ford wont shed atleast 20 pounds off the 2018

>You have to be retarded to think Ford wont shed atleast 20 pounds off the 2018
Guess i'll have to weight and see. people here (or at least alphonse) were saying the Ford GT would weigh 2800 lbs and it ended up weighing around the same as an 675LT.

i also said it would be faster than a 675lt. lol

[spoiler]I was right[/spoiler]

The weight of the mustang is the only thing you can talk about, congrats, youve been getting eaten alive on the streets for years

>alphonse
That guy is a fucking retard

>Shelby GT350 uses the same transmission as a base model 4 cylinder or V6 Camaro while the Mustang GT gets a shitty Chinese transmission
Ford shills will defend this.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tremec_TR-3160_transmission

ill wait for the 3rd party test before i call who is faster than what.

But the mustang will also be faster with equal if not more horsepower you dumb fuck

>damage control

>2013–Present Cadillac ATS [2]
>2016–Present Chevrolet Camaro
lmao a supposed "luxury" car from gm uses the same piece of shit manual from a camaro

code blue is literally ford shills
cool story bro all the guys in the high school parking lot must be so impressed at how fast your car is, hey dude do a burn out!

it's only on the ATS 2.0L Turbo.
In case you forgot, the ATS and Camaro are sister cars

Now explain why Ford won't use the TR6060 (which Chevy uses in the Camaro SS and ZL1) in the Mustang at any level despite being better than any of the Mustang's current transmission offerings.

So you are saying chevy shills would sit in their cars like cucks while Fordbros would drive right through those fags? Is this one of those "cuck is a compliment" things?

>gm fangirl on maximum damage control
Cadillac confirmed shit

i drive a MUUUUUSTANG

The 2018 mustang is getting new transmissions fag.

i drive a MUUUUUSTANG

Were you bullied by a kid who drove a mustang back in high school user?

i drive a MUUUUUSTANG

Jesus tucking Christmas you autistic fucks, OP was trying to have a good thread.

i drive a MUUUUUSTANG

i know what i did was autistic i sperged the fuck out , but mustang guy still wants argue about a 20 lb weight reduction or something

>THE CAMARO SHED 400 POUNDS SO IT WEIGHS A LOT LESS
user, it only weighs 20
>SHUT UP I DRIVE A MUUUUUUSTSNANAGGGGGG

You are autistic

>i know what i did was autistic

I believe it is an option with the 1le trim

Only the 2SS and the SS 1LE get the magnetic shocks.
V6 1LEs don't get them.

It would be fun modding the 2.0 in the ATS

ZZPerformance already has a decent catalog for it.