BTC breaks 1k and continues business as usual

Still the more BTC rises the more cope threads appear trying to justify why buying btc was/is wrong.

What's the deal? Is it all butthurt nocoiners really? Or also dETH bagholders shitting their panties?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XbZ8zDpX2Mg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nocoiners in pain and suffering
Methdealers in pain and suffering

Yes everything is right with the world.

Will bitcoin become a global currency with widespread trust? If so, bitcoin could go up exponentially..

Would it be dumb to buy bitcoin now? Will it CRASH!?!?

I've had some for a while but I keep scooping up more where I can. I see btc as hugely undervalued which will change. Not to say we won't be going through more dips and drops but long game is still golden

i am personally a nocoiner, but given the potential that bitcoin has, lets say 5 years from now, i really want to buy a little ticket to the moon rocket.

should i wait for a little crash? will there be one? buying a bitcoin for 1k now seems a little too risky, it will dip down to 600 won't it?

BUT I WANT A TICKET TO THE MOON

'll go down during January, buy then

If you want wait days/months for the bubble to pop then sure. Note that you'll be in a lot of pain since the price will keep pushing up.

How's ETH? Thinking of scooping up some now.

From 20$ a coin to 1000$ a coin and no-coiners still think bitcoin won't work?

my issue with btc is the same as with gold, what's stopping fiat paper pushers from entering the market via unlimited money creation and start manipulating it like what's been going on in comex

>tfw 0.4000 btc

>inflate crypto with monopoly money, said crypto becomes more valuable

What's the worry?

Do you seriously think "governments will print unlimited money to manipulate Bitcoin's price" is a real concern?
If that did happen, Bitcoin would quickly skyrocket (in real purchasing power, no less) thanks to the massive devaluation of USD.

once they've hoarded enough of them they could trade amongst themselves in great volumes at ever-lower prices thus affecting the exchange rate, exactly like they've been doing with gold (paper gold but that doesn't important as long as physical and paper aren't divorced)

I'm not really versed in these things so forgive my ignorance

>tfw have just under $9 in bitcoin

IM GETTIN RICH BOIYZZZZ

gold started high and was manipulated down.

btc is tiny, they would have to pump it up first, in order to manip it back down. Doesn't make sense.

All you no coiners, you still haven't missed the boat yet. This is just the beginning. Drop the ignorance, and buy some bitcoin.

will bitcoin dominate global transactions in 5 years, or is the moon landing just another hoax?

t. no coiner who wants a ticket to the moon

Nigga are you high

bitcoin will become the foundation of a new internet based financial system.

$1,000 is nothing, this is the good old days. 99.99% of normies around the world don't even know what bitcoin is yet.

If bitcoin takes the value of 10% of the worlds cash / savings the price will be over $1 million. If it takes a slice of the bond market, the stock market, various funds, the price will be many orders of magnitude over $1 mil. A number so large it's hard to estimate.

3/4 of the bitcoin that will ever exist, already exists, so there is very limited supply going forward. There will be huge demand, as banks fail (watch Italy), govt debt is rejected (watch the rising interest rates right now, China selling US bonds), stocks fail (P/E ratios are now nosebleed territory), and money printing goes into hyperdrive.

Very limited supply, vast demand; it's going to be like running Niagara falls through a garden hose.

Buy some bitcoin, and hold on muthafuckers, it's going to be wild.

i want to believe.

inb4 bit coin is another (((plot)))

The price grew too fast in December, so I'm hoping for a selloff to 800's. Gonna buy some more then.

What if a better coin comes along and gets support from multiple governments in order to crash the price of bitcoin and stamp it out?

Didn't the govt Already sieze a bunch of coins from silk road?

If you really thik BTC is gonna moonrockit, then even the current price is nothinng and you should buy. too many short sighted third world poorfags on this board.

>Nocoiners in pain and suffering
this basically

in 5 yrs bitcoin is internet c. 1999

just dollar cost average and buy extra during dips.

I'm not convinced yet, but I hope you are right.

everyone should listen to this monkey right here

and I'm not just saying that because I have a lot of BTC that would be more valuable if all you guys bought a whole bunch of it

that has nothing to do with this

I like this one.

that thread is painful

>shit its too expensive right now ill wait for the crash then buy
>shit it crashed bitcoin is doomed glad i didn't buy that shit
the eternal nocoiner cycle

That's the reason for being a no coiner, you are too afraid to take the risky ticked for the moon rocket.

In other words, you are a coward.

Buying BTC is morally wrong and you know it. It doesn't produce anything real, no value for society is created, it's pure greed and speculation.

It makes money for my hookers and blow boi, real value right there.

Buying USD is morally wrong and you know it. It doesn't produce anything real, no value for society is created, it's pure greed and speculation.

> it will dip down to 600

no way user, we're never seeing $600 BTC again.

IF it dips, it will recover WAY before 600.

why?
> because nearly everyone accepts the long term gains and potential of bitcoin.
> there is too much money (BILLIONS) in the market looking to buy the dips.

next dip will recover above $950.

Bitcoin market cap currently is $16 billion.

IF it dropped to $600/BTC it would wipe out $6 billion.

Its would be the same as a company like GoDaddy (market cap $5.8 billion) just disappearing.

Buy PEPECASH

It changed my life.

Be alpha.

Is Bitcoin compatible with KEK worship?

Only slightly

Your post and my 4.2 BTC made me rockhard

the time is yet to come bitcucks. we need at least one crisis like in 2008/9 to make btc real deal.

>yfw trump decide to switch to bitcoins instead of usd

it's a big thread

afaiu: btcs are created by mining them
you need a lot of compute power to create them, and the mining process becomes harder and harder as more btcs are created

It's /r9k/, what do you expect.

>bitcoin will become the foundation of a new internet based financial system.
the way btc works will
not btc itself

>running Niagara falls through a garden hose

As a long term Buttcoin watcher, both nocoiners AND buttcoiners are the losers here.

Bitcoin will 100% crash.

At this moment nocoiners are the losers, but that'll change soon enough

>btc crashes
>alts soar

I'm so afraid /g/.

question is how high will it go before it corrects and how much it corrects by. people buying in now might be underwater soon but most people in bitcoin have been doing great for the past couple of years now.

That is why you diversify your BTC holdings with alts. Don't put all of your eggs in one basket.

Im putting your moms eggs in my own basket

Already filled up on MAID, FCT and POT.

Sadly missed the XMR train but will gladly short it after ringCT gets priced in.

Honestly this applies to virtually all investment.

I spent my first two years investing just DE-CONDITIONING myself. Like everyone agrees in principle on:

>buy low
>sell high

But it's so much harder to overcome our instinct to buy when something is rising and sell when it's crashing and then overcompensate. I have literally had an inverse sine wave of a stock I kept buying EVERY time it spiked and sold EVERY time it crashed. It's not even an intentional thing, it's sort of subconscious where you gravitate towards the herd mentality.

Since then I've become extremely strict with investments, I take ages making a decision and I never ever sell. I make targets and stick to them.

E.g. I wanted to have 21 BTC, so I bought a little when it was high, more when it was low, and less when it was high. But I kept buying at regular intervals.

For those wondering why 21 BTC, if you have 21BTC you have 1/millionth of the total supply, so there can never be more than a million people with more than you.

>that pic

>no more than

the interest rates are an interesting thing to watch to

What's the point of never having more than 1 million people with more than you?

Where's that faggot who back in July insisted the halving would have no effect on the price? I know you're lurking you assmad faggot

Sorry your shitty altcoin is stagnant and/or dead and the one king of crypto reigns along with the god Emperor

>Inb4 muh chinks
>Inb4 muh poo in loos
>Inb4 "crash" to 900 only to rebound to $1,400

No coiner here just by virtue of being new to the concept of it. I make around $10,000 in investment ($5,500 in my Roth, $4,500 in my brokerage acct) I'm afraid btc will crash if I buy now and I'll lose whatever money I put into it as I'm still in college and I'm amazed I can already put in what I can, but btc feels like a gamble.

Just put $500 in btc and $500 in xmr, and let it sit

next step 210 friend

Life is a gamble son. There is risk everywhere. There is risk in your pension you have there, risk in the stock market.

Just put $100 into bitcoin for now, buy a bit more next month.

It's just an arbitrary number, but having 1 millionth of the total money supply is a nice thought. Personally I'm aiming for 63 btc, 3 times that, I'm almost there. I will have 1 / 333,333 of the total bitcoin supply.

Actually it is an even smaller fraction than that because there are only 16 million coins right now, it's going to take over 100 years to mine the last 5 million.

Also, don't forget all the coins lost forever. It's hard to estimate which coins are forever lost, and which are just in long term cold storage.

I've read estimates from 1 - 2.5 million bitcoins are now lost, making the remaining bitcoins worth more.

BTC will reach $10 000 or becomes worthless in 5 years

You just gave me a new goal user, thank you.

Top 1/3 of the money supply here we go

>2.5 million bitcoins are now lost
Pretty sure the value tanked after that

Definitely didn't "make the remaining bitcoins worth more"

Gave them a bigger share of the total supply though

>What's the deal? Is it all butthurt nocoiners really? Or also dETH bagholders shitting their panties?

Could also be people that sold low, you never know.

Where's that faggot who said the halving would have no effect on price

This is the result of less coins available not chinks or street shitters

Of course it will crash.
youtube.com/watch?v=XbZ8zDpX2Mg

Guys I came home for winter vacation and i couldn't believe it. My fucking father is putting a little bit of money into bitcoin for speculation. I think he heard it on zero hedge or some shit. I honestly couldn't believe it. He is usually so smart with money. I can't stand this fucking meme shit impacting real life. Fucking damn it.

>Pretty sure the value tanked after that

The millions of BTC lost are over the years and it's mainly about people losing track of them (drive failure, purposefully letting go of a small fraction, forgetfulness, etc).
I'm pretty sure if i had to scrape together 0.5 BTC I could do it in a couple of days it's just not worth the effort for me.

LMAO no
GoDaddy has value unlike Bitcoin whose value is derived from the greater fool theory.

>life is a gamble

ITT: A bunch of people that bought memecoins and are holding on for dear life hyping it up as much as possible

t. nocoiner

lmao the satisfaction of telling your parents that if they would've listened to you you'd be a millionaire tho

i'd pay a million dollars just 4 that

i am a salty nocoiner i'll admit it
i was 2 clicks away from buying a ton of memecoins in middle school, 2 clicks away from never having to work a day in my life

how can i not be salty about something like that?

How many BTC do you own? Be honest.

Has to hurt. 2015 I had $1000 in the bank and was thinking about buying a tv and a ps4. Then I figured if I was going to waste it on that I may as well yolo it all into monero. I probably would have smashed the tv in rage by now because xmr has gone 40x since then.

>bitcoin will become the foundation of a new internet based financial system.

>3 transactions per second

I forgot

>completely transparent and linkable transactions

>huge stash on early adopters hands creating a new oligarch, limit supply meaning the same overlords forever.

Can people stop posting as if BTC is the second coming of Jesus? It's a fucking currency not the savior of mankind. It can't stop inequality, tyranny or corruption. It hurts my head when morons keep spamming their BTC memes as if it's some sort of revolution in freedom. Basically, fuck you faggots for trying to pump BTC in a dishonest way. If you're going to spam, at least be honest about trying to get rich.

I disagree. Besides a Mars colony BTC and XMR are probably the most important projects for mankind right now.

>the most important projects for mankind right now
Nothing will change with BTC being mass adopted. The world will still be corrupt, tyrannical, and unequal. This is like saying the Internet (one of the greatest invention of all time) will bring mankind to a new era of enlightenment.

Anyone promising utopia is retarded but the that doesn't mean it won't make things better. Utopia is retarded anyway.

Eh, just get one. It's not like your life ends if it goes down. Just hold it long term. The thing is that this is a self fulfilling prophecy. The more people that buy just one Bitcoin, or half or a quarter the more Bitcoin will grow and grow. Once you know this and things inside your mind have "clicked" you'll see how powerful Bitcoin can be for everyone.

Idk anything about Btc there are apps in my country where they sell Btc I'd like to know how does it work and are these sellers legit, how do they transfer Btc ownership to me and how do I sell Btc if I want to.

What country are you in?

India

Take some time to google and learn about Bitcoin. I imagine they would send the Bitcoin you bought to you "public key". You can test if they are legit by checking reviews and buying a tiny amount first. Like $1 or something.

You sell Bitcoin on an exchange and request them to bank transfer the money to you, takes 1 or 2 days usually.

There are many more different ways of buying and selling Bitcoin than I just described

This is the real blunder.

BTC is oudated, it's not useful to the average consumer and it's been proven that it's not viable for the dark market. Monero will slowly take BTCs place as more and more realize the limitations of crypto 1.0- the Chinese already have. The biggest gains for BTC are in the past.

>inb4 "bitcoin transactions show your address!!!"

It takes a few seconds to generate new addresses for the same wallet, and poof! You're as anonymous as can be.

Nope, it's all traceable.

No, it isn't.

If the receiver uses different addresses for transactions, he's completely concealed.

And the sender isn't even recorded.

False. The ledger is public, all transactions and wallets can be tracked to a single individual.

And that individual is, Satoshi Nakamoto