/dlg/ - Duel Links General

Dinofags edition

Last Thread Useful Links:
>Starting guide
duellinks.gamea.co/c/edru5z1z

>Android download
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.konami.duellinks&hl=en

>Android emulator
bignox.com/ (download, install, make a google account, download duel links from the playstore)

>Current Official Rulebook, last updated 6/27/15:
yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/EN_SDSE_Rulebook.pdf

>Wiki with a wealth of information for the players:
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Leaked/Datamined Info
imgur.com/a/zViO5

>Extracted files from the game
Audio/cards/characters.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8mP_fxnqSU3NDVQMWZOVjU1RVU

Farming Guide:
reddit.com/r/DuelLinks/comments/5p7hwp/the_farming_guide/

Other urls found in this thread:

duellinks.gamea.co/c/rx0l0yix
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for how do I git gud and not rely on dinos

You whale out a deck or grind for Mai's ability.

>implying a single twister can stop me

what booster packs should I blow the 1600 gems the start of the game gave me on?

Ultimate Rising or Age of Discovery since they'll be removed.

Ultimate Rising

Suggestions on Angel 07 deck? I already have Kaiser and Limit Impulse to help with summoning

How far will Fairies get me in ranked?

I was thinking of making one. Biggest problem would be something is needed to stop Order to Charge that people use with multiplies from smashing it into pieces.

Just an assumption but I reckon probably rank 4 or 5. All the whales are all the way up already so you would probably be up against mostly non whales.

I meant normal ranked when it comes back, not wallet wars 2017

Current Spirit Deck

Need to get me more Wild Tornadoes. Card is op as shit.

Im so hungry for gems guise.
I almost wish there was a real gem hack for this game to combat the whales.
But the fun part is the grind though.

can you explain wild tornadoes to me, I don't understand the wording

Wild Tornado can destroy face-up cards in the spell/trap card zone.

Field spells are in the field spell card zone, so they can't be targeted by Wild Tornado.

They can set a spell or trap or card in their hand after you destroy their card. But this effect is basically useless.

If your Wild Tornado gets destroyed outside of its effect resolving. Then you MUST destroy one face-up card on the field. If they have no face-ups then one of your cards gets nuked.

You can use the spell card Storm to destroy your own Wild Tornado. Which lets you destroy one face-up card. And then Storm's effect lets you destroy one spell or trap card on the opponent's side of the field.

>Playing Switch Keith against raptor
>Getting pretty fucked early but get pumpkin token out early
>Slowly lowering Raptors attack and manage to draw 2 relinquished but no summoning spells
>Get wonder balloons and feed 3 cards out of 4 in my hand
>Raptor then fuses thunder dragons
>3 extremely weakened monsters all atking my lp end up with 50lp
>draw summoning ritual
>feed it and my last card to balloons
>All raptors monsters do 0
>Spend next 5 turns drawing all my spells and traps while raptor waits because all he has are dmg boost spells and cant summon because full field
>Finally get me monster cards and summon with only 5 cards left in my deck while raptor has 6
>Slowly kill all of raptors monsters and begin attacking life points directly
>End up winning with the final atk of my turn

Ended with 25 pumpkin tokens. What a rollercoaster i thought i lost for sure

I wish hacked .apks were real, but most of the games stuff is server sided.

Pumpkin is OP since it works on both players turns and there isn't many spell removal cards.

Its definitely not op you have to sacrifice a whole turn summoning it. If any bruiser opponent gets 2 monsters out and you have nothing cause you didnt kill anything of his to summon pumpkin ur fucked

ive used pumpkin twice before removing it from my deck. Once it didnt work because of element saurus and then the second one just got twister

it would be a lot better if it didn't need to be face-up for its effect to activate

What will the KC awards be per level?

what?

You do know you can set it, then have it be attacked and when it dies, it'll activate right?

I started to managed full force against Mirror Shield without a sweat, but I still can't find a counter to Kuriboh.
I don't think you can counter it. The only way I can do it is to play Half Shut the next turn to prevent my monster to be killed

divine wrath, abyssal designator dark fiend

divine wrath is great, Abyssal sucks because you have to pay 1000 lifepoints.

paying 1k is better than discarding

is it though?
if you have less than 1k left?

I did it

congrats buddy.

Look at all these good cards I got from my lv30 reward gems.

T-thanks

you're going to need a bigger trash bag m8.

>chaos end
>man thro
>begin of le end

You got some god cards desu. They are broken an entire deck engines with the cards from the fairy pack.

Are 2 ladybugs too many?

trash m8

Does anybody know if you get to choose what SR/UR card you get as a reward from the KC?

I just fucking got robbed.
As soon as I started a Lvl 40 LD fight, a connection error message appeared and I instantly lost the match.

The fuck.

It was yellow keys too, which is the one I barely ever have.

Are there any cards that can retrieve an equip card from my deck and put it in my hand? I wanna run some kind of fusion deck

Yeah
duellinks.gamea.co/c/rx0l0yix

Rip farming

Fuck Relinquished that faggot keeps bricking my hand

just despell whoever he equips and then 1 shot him

Why does this faggot never give up his good cards?

What's the best deck to farm him?

Cats and ryu are kill. You can't farm this asshole anymore.

He's not complaining about other people having relinquished.

I just got the cerberus. What's a good recipe for it? I have stop defense and not the bow the guide recommended. Do I need to bother modifying my life points?

Please send help.

26 card deck master race

>grind to 6.5k DP and get stuck behind a wall of harpy mais and control keiths
>stop for a few days and drop to 13k rank
>pick it up again and just stomp through a bunch of 6-7 rex and makos and climb up to 3k

jesus i should have just done this at the start. games are so easy

What's the use of this card?

Literally summon any card you want and also cheat and activate a trap the turn you set it.

made it top top 10k with this, What should I be looking for to improve?

i cant get higher than level 6 with a rex deck because i dont have enemy controller and mirror wall. FUCK THIS SHITTY GAME

sick fuck

>imply'n I'd lose to few a spell cawds

I'm getting fucking cancer, all I needed was to win 1 more game and I could have stopped playing but I had to lose against fucking joey wheeler with a coin flip deck because he won 7 coin flips in a row

Should have played around that. The skill only activates when he's below 1000 LP

where did I say he used the skill?

is 3 oracles an overkill for a GK deck?

how do you get that many orbs?

Batch Comversion and converting useless cards.

Maybe, I've got 3 and I keep drawing them when I don't want them. I'm still trying out moving from 2 to 3 though.

I'm trying to get back into yugioh after not playing it in since I was like 10. can someone explain why all the good traps like mirror force/bottomless trap hole or whatever are gone? I'm guessing it's because they were deemed OP or whatever; but I can't seem to find a way to deal with first turn fusions and I just get steamrolled.
Any tips would be greatly appriciated.

1 week of this cup is too much, I've been in top 10k since the beginning, even top 1000 for a while, if I drop at the end I'm gonna rage hard

It seem that paying money is not enough to beat neets who play this game all day

WEW

Does the AI Cheat with Coin flip cards like Time Wizard? Ive NEVER seen it miss with it.

Yes, the AI cheat a lot

You guessed it right. Those cards are way too OP. Just grind and visit the gamerpedia.

Also, do not level past 20 unless you like dealing with cheap AI decks.

There are still ways to defend against attacks, namely Windstorm of Etaqua, Golden Apples and Sphere Kuriboh. Generally there aren't a whole lot of "fuck your monster"-type trap cards, which I think is a lot better. If this game had Mirror Force spammers everywhere I would have quit a long time ago.

When I said level, I meant stage.

So how do you guys deal with the grind?

I love battling online, but most of the time fuck up due to shit cards, and can only run a """decent""" dark themed deck.
So I just bite it and grind before I even go online?

Rank 5 with this shit cards, so I am guessing not that horrible. But I can't get past rank 5 due to LMAO BALLOONS LMAO / KURIBOH/ INSERT CARD THAT PISSES YOU OFF

What is the best way to grind gems?

What cards can I even use in order to deal with shit like one turn fusions though? No level 4 monster has the ATK/DEF to survive a turn so I can use it as a tribute, Swords of revealing light is also banned, what do aside from grind for multiple sphere kuriboh?

I don't understand Magician's Circle.

It reads:
>"When a Spellcaster-Type monster declares an attack: Each player Special Summons 1 Spellcaster-Type monster with 2000 or less ATK from their Deck in face-up Attack Position."

In use, If the enemy doesn't have a Spell-caster minion in their deck, they don't get to summon anything, which makes sense.

But why can't activate Magicians Circle when the enemies monster zone is full? Shouldn't it treat it like the enemy can't summon something?

>Golden Apples only has a single card in the entire set
well I guess I'll go fuck myself then.

Get your hands on a Riryoku. Level up enough and you can access the trader. This is where grinding for cards comes in as he has pretty good cards.

And if you're trying to go for one turn tributes, look for packs that has cloning or regretful rebirth.

>faggot de-spells his own relinquished to eat the monster I summoned with golden apples
>it becomes a 0-0
eat shit retard

Are you trying to attack the same turn you set this card?

Nope, I had it set for a long time. It wouldn't let me activate it when the enemy Yugi attacked with his Dark Magician and even Relinq but once Relinq died it let me activate it.

>card catalog
>filter
>monster
>type
>psychic

well lads

not him, but no, I think he's complaining about no being able to activate when your opponent has a full monster field

Does Psychic even have any notable monsters? I feel like it was announced then just immediately fell into obscurity except for Krebons.

>Midnight in Japan
>11pm in China
>Last 7 of 10 KC opponents have had Chinese/Japanese names
When do they stop playing?

PSY-Frames.

When do you stop playing?

Damn that monster looks cool as fuck

I stop now after my 3rd loss in a row to someone with multiple Kuribohs

How to improve?

>Psychic
Wow, I actually forgot about that type.

Also, have Sea Serpents and Reptiles gotten any love? I always remember them existing but never abundant or viable.

If you have Pegasus you should level him up to get Rogue Doll

I don't, unfortunately.

Atlanteans are a Sea Serpent archetype and they got some new support recently (pic related) and are quite good.
Reptiles are doomed forever.

>Total Points in KC cup is 8K
>Current points is 6k
>Lost about 20 matches
>Played I'd guess at least 60
Not a bad win rate I guess.

Didn't they have some alien archetypes in the past who were reptiles? I thought it was a cool concept.

Yes, but Aliens are utter garbage.

>two days ago my 6560 rating was around rank 4500
>now is rank 10363

Well the painful grind continues.

fairies suck

I'm rank 7 with 4000DP. Somebody fucking shoot me

so what's the strategy for getting cards?

Should I just go through each box and get every card?