pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
Patch, Bretonnia and Isabella are out

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

NEW
Update Info -- forums.totalwar.com/discussion/191504/bretonnia-update-patch-notes

>Recent
DLC -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

dead gobbos

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=849918459
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ROLLAN

Let's see!

Reroll because I just finished as PRINCE AND EMPEROR

I saw a vision of Gilles Le Breton.
He told me you were a faggot

Might as well

D A W I
A
W
I

Nth for I miss tomb kangz guy

Muh chivalry

What the fuck happened with Bretonnia?

Did they change designers? How did they suddenly come up with lots of good ideas after the complete trainwreck Welfes were?

Nevermind I don't miss you anymore

>after the complete trainwreck welfes were
u wot

GOBLINS

>want to fight chaos without using auto resolve
>don't want to have fights with 2+ stacks
Is lightning strike my only option? It's not that I can't handle a fight with ~40 units, but it feels like much more of a slog at that point.

I feel you user, it's just not enjoyable to manage 40 units

Better off dead.

WE IZ

what's better - steel faith or proper combat?

Steel faith is shit

Proper combat is shit

Helpful as always

DAWI

dubs the suneater

Skarsnik did nothing wrong

>watery harlot

why are cities marked as being special for bretonnia but there are no special buildings for brets once you control it?

>dwarves won't leave their mountains to help you in a war, ever
>even after confirming that yes, they have received your war target and will be moving out
>as soon as they're at war with you they're fucking masters of hit and run guerilla warfare

I remember now why I hate these fucking games.

>insulting ze lady

Dwarfs needs to stew in anger for 30 or 40 turns before they come down from their holds to kick someones shit in.

Name an unit more cost effective than forest goblins spider riders.

>a 10 hellcannon unit stack

I really wish the Beastmen and the Greenskins were like Bretonnia where each LL has his own faction, is there a mod that does that?

Gothic Warband

>watery harlot
You don't even have to push that button, you've already declared war.

>Empire campaign on VH/VH.
>First time at these difficulties
>Fuck around in Reiksland camping until I have access to everything
>Shit like 20/20 Skullsmashers on turn 5, poopoo peepee goats and mariensberg being an asshole
>campaign going alright, trying to get on foot enchantress goodside because waifu, maintaining good relationships with other states
>but the elves
>elves harassing the shit out of foot enchantress and everyone else
>brayherds come and they get fucked even more
>rally my men to fuck shit up
>win a few battles, too battered to really push into the forests
>fay enchantress destroyed
>fucking elves
>attempt to rally to get my revenge despite elves crying peace
>then I realize that Varg and Norsca are literally fielding 10+ stacks each
>chaos isn't even here they're just raping shit
>vampire cunts are doing the same
>whatwouldsigmardo
>probably not ally with elves but this is what I do
>slowly push northshits back with help from elves, liberating and vassalizing other empire states
>ally with dwarves to help with vampire counts, they've already fucked the greenskins to death so hard their corpse had a bearded child
>Orion declares fucking war on the dwarves making me choose
>He is poised to completely fuck my ass if I decline
>sorrydwarfbros
>have to abandon vampire cleansing to fortify cities from dwarves
>continue to work with elves to rid the land of northshits
>many turns later, vampire counts are dead, norsca and varg are done, and dwarves are pissed but no longer screaming for my blood
>towards the end of my crusades pull most of my men back to the edge of athel lorien
>raise a 19 tank army under the master of metal, bankrupting myself
>follow orion with my best lord as best I can
>they think I've forgiven
>they think the long months fighting together has made me forget the dwarves lost in a war they started, the human cities razed, the voice of my waifu
>final northshits are purged
>men are in position
>mfw

>Wot m8
Beastmen and greenskins already have 3 different

>that mewling hag

I meant the lords all have their own tribe and not generic "beastmen" or "greenskin"

Beastmen are not actually separate. While they have three different start positions they are all the same faction, so cannot be played together in coop.

Well there are 3 different orc factions already.

>Rome2
>Libya is my client state
>tell them to attack what's left of Egypt
>"on it, boss"
>they proceed to march 3 full stacks all the way north to the fucking Black Sea
>they bitchslap some horsefucker army in ponto-caspia
>spend the next 15 years marching back to libya

Thanks guys, I was really threatened by that half-stack of spearmen.
They eventually took aethiopia from Egypt but I had to wait 20 turns and destroy two emergent factions in the process. Fucking client states, man.

Lizardmen when

TOD did nothing wrong.

I remember that bullshit in R2, but in atilla and tww I've always had good experiences with allies helping out.
Bretonnia camped out near one of my constantly rebelling cities to put down uprisings.

10 months

I just like having vassals and proxy wars, and not worrying about personally defending huge swathes of territory.

But then the AI reminds you that every faction is working against you, whether they're allied to you or at war with you. That these are not dwarves, known for their ale in good times and reliability in war, but lines of code hell bent on shitting down the player's throat at every opportunity. That this is a game and that you are alone.

Steel Faith is alright, since it is just one big mod that includes most of what you want, but I hate a few of the changes. Two examples being I like to play on VH campaign, but VH campaign for Steel Faith makes the Dawi NPC factions even more annoying to deal with, and I don't like how massive garrisons can get at low levels. I personally prefer to stick to Proper Combat.

Now this is confederating.
Gonna take control over Talabecland, that moved into Ostland and seized their territories. Snow orks burned one province, but Talabcland colonized it back. Meanwhile, one of my lords back home is trying to deal with Crooked Moon Goblins and Beastmen. Beastmen were dumb and got caught out, so their stack is gone for now. The goblins are a more pressing concern. I have many allies though.

Well I meant the Beastmen more than anything But it would be cool if Azhag lead his own faction

kick someones shin* in

How the FUCK do I take on Marienburg with Bretonnia at the start?

I actually have this Celtic client state in the north, I literally shoveled several hundred thousand talents into them and they own most of western Europe north of Raetia et noricum. They do a great job containing the bullshit that is the Germans in this game. Also their campaign colour is red just like mine so it looks like I own the whole of yurop. Proxy wars really are great. Shame I can't do it n Asia minor because everyone there is in this mega-alliance.

It's really simple user, you just have to git gud

rolling

Not powerful enough to take them on early, and if you leave them they will massively outnumber you

Sounds like a case of 'just use exploits'

This is what I did

>Turn 1, move to Marienburg's border, recruit some swordsmen / spears, build stables
>Turn 2, fuck up the orcs
>Turn 3, move back to the border, recruit more
>Turn 4, ambush at the border
>Turn 5 or 6, Marienburg's army arrives and you ambush them
>Siege, done

Anyone up for some mindless multiplayer fun with meme armies?

Make a room

You can also bee-line across the river and take their minor, then peace them out immediately.

I've had good vassals like those in attila and R2, but god damn these fuckers in warhammer. damn them all.

>3rd turn besieging the enemy dwarves after brutal slugfest outside their city
>getting ready to put the towers up and kill every last one of them
>my "allies" who I got dragged into this war to defend in the first place decide the job's done and make peace
>they never once fought the enemy

Warhammachiavelli played you

I've never had an AI army assist me in the hundreds of hours I've put into this game.

In fact the only time war co-ordination ever works for me is when I send the AI after a weakened force. They go and attack it with a full stack of their strongest soldiers then immediately go back to turtling in their castle.

I've got to admit. The last battle of Bretonnia is epic as fuck and quite hard too

Yeah, they pull some stupid shit.
>new faction rises from all the rebellions
>client state declares war
>struggles taking a single city
>I, too, declare war and march in
>win the siege
>decide to subjugate them
>this doesn't break the war with the other client state
>they keep fighting and hate me if I sign treaties with either of them

This bullshit should be stopped

Velcome to fair Bretonnia.

Quest battle?

Rock the... boat?

Yes.
You got to choose between stopping Chaos and stopping the Greenskins after you reach 800+ chivalry. Imo, Greenskin is easier

In my opinion this kind of inconsistency is why a warscore system like 4x games use might be useful.

Ork hold razed to the ground, never shall they bother the empire again. Too bad it came significant time and effort for Franz. The west is going to shit, and fast. Middenheim will soon be upon us. Im wondering if I should disband the army. Then raise Franz again closer to home. Would that even work?

>the mice in the wheel

So, if the second game is a standalone game on its own, and you can play it without owning the first one, how are they going to do the Redditrats? What about Skavenblight? Does it mean that every DLC ratfucker LL will start in Lustria?

>Been a fan of Gorfang Rotgut for the past 20ish years
>Neglected to fuck since 4th edition
>Finally gets mentioned again in Fantasy during end times
>He's killed off screen and then they kill the franchise
>Find out he appears in TW:W
>Not a proper character at all

Stop making me want DLC.

roll

>Rotgut was killed.
>Skarsnik was forgotten.
GW deserves to collapse.

Damn, now I want to see the Doomwheel in TW.

>There will never be another skarsnik book

why even live

Maybe there will be one that starts in Skavenblight, available as DLC only for the first part.

Pretty sure disbanded lords can't be recruited again for a few turns.

Go home Vlad
you're drunk

Give me a quick rundown on Gorfang Rotgut

>Fortified city with large garrison and army
>Attack the idiot lord with 1 unit sitting outside
>The reinforcements from the city come from behind
>Box them in and slaughter them

Makes me feel kind of unchivalrous tho

Is it just me or do Bretonnian wall towers in sieges hurt like fuck?

First attempt for Bretonnia on Legendary

they do fucking work, praise the lady they exist

>tfw in the dow3 beta

It's not so bad, ask me anything.

how much like the 1st is it? any of the second stay or did they go full blown back to their roots?

It's pretty similar to the 1st expansions (elites dominate standard units), my problem is that I'm still playing it like the second so I find myself with 5 squads most of the time, when I should be having a lot more

the only game mode in the game has objectives that resemble a moba, destroy the turret and enemy power core, but other than that it's an rts, some heroes have moba like skillshots

what are the comfiest battle maps

Those are some nice houses. Bretonnians are so lucky.

Did they fix magic scaling on ultra size?

That looks cute.

Reminds me of that one tabletop adventure map. Wonder if you could set up a 'Godzilla' style map, where your forces fight over, through and around a tiny city?

>Destroy Marienburg's gates with Trebuchets
>Flood knights in through the wall
>Drown the walls in peasants

FOR ZE LADY

Wut about 'em.

How do you feel about floppy hats?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=849918459

>close victory

Oooh, almost had it. Have to be quicker than that.

I think that the Errantry Crusade final mission should have included an option to kill the vampires. Also, a final option to do all three in sequence, first orcs, then vampires, then chaos.

>tfw no final mission with a resurgent Mousillon where you fight The Red Duke or Malloublade against endless stacks of Undead