gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Discord:
discontinued

>Permalink
owg.pleb.pl

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

theivorytowercrumbles.tumblr.com/post/157964346004/some-character-highlights-from-michael-chus-panel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Repost.

I keep saying it, explosive/concussive attacks doing extra damage to shields and barriers would open up more characters to be able to deal with the massive amount of shields and barriers in the game. Right now all we have is Bastion, Soldier 76, and to a lesser extent Sombra. If Junkrat and Pharah could chew up shields more efficiently more options and tactics would be opened up.

Pharmercy is cute

>Discord:
>discontinued
Why so?

I love Hana.

Junkrat theoretically does a ton of damage to shields and barriers, the main issue is that he is pretty easy to kill. Pharah is his hardest counter and Soldier/Zarya do extremely well against him. I wouldn't know how to buff him to fix these issues though.

Real Sombra horas
I love that qt Mexican hacker.

I have crippling depression

>Sombra loses hilariously hard to Symmetra in a 1v1

I thought translocating into their back to go kill a teleporter would be good. I was fucking wrong, Symmetra's beam at like 2 meters away is far more damage than the massive spread on Sombra's gun + her tiny hitbox making it even harder to hit

I hate fighting that god damn 120 dps noodle on any character but she loses especially hard

Depending on the map I wouldn't be surprised to see some teams drop a healer given the sheer amount of barrier.
Especially something like payload attack:

>76
>Bastion
>Ana
>Orisa
>Rein
>Zarya/Hog

Seems believable.

you made pharah cry /owg/! how do you feel?!

He gains a right click the works like Zen's

Charge your gun and fire 5 grenades at once.
>This kills the rein

Bretty good.

Reminder to bully Genji for being a dickless faggot with no concept of teamwork

do you people even play this game

tentatively aroused

I hate it when Symmetra babysits here ult, especially because most flankers will be force to retreat because Symmetra is really dumb sometimes

cute spray

How? If he does the same amount of damage to both people and shields he's not doing a ton of damage to shields. His M1 and Mine do 120 damage but it still takes all five rounds just to destroy Winston's barrier, he'd need to reload once for Osira and twice for Reinhardt, and then there's Symmetra's 1000HP barrier and Zarya's 200HP bubbles.

If he had an M2 that made his grenades do more damage to shields and barriers it would help him immensely. His survivability is all about firing his grenades at odd angles and ricochets, which is usually enough unless the enemy is actively hunting for him.

Is this bait? Hard to tell here.

>nobody on my team has picked anything besides a DPS in the last hour

>4050 final s3
>play pharah in placements
>my team constantly bitching
>down 0-3
>duo with ana player
>get nano boosted every fight
>get 4-6 kills every fight
>enemy team bitching about pharah being op
>they don't know that it's the mother that makes the daughter look good
>finish placements 7-3
>4100
I love support mains. I'd give them a bj if i could

justice will be done

You're basically saying you want a hero the deals upwards of 1000 damage in seconds. That's dumb, user

>It's an Orisa and Junkrat team up to save Roadhog and Efi from Doomfist episode
>most of it is Mako protecting the kid out of PTSD Old Man Logan instinct from a lunatic who is faster, younger, and more bloodthirsty than he is who's backed by a small army
>last 6 minutes has their friends charge in, Junkrat riding atop Orisa's head; Combining their abilities (Halt with Junkrat's traps, using Fortify and Protective Barrier to protect him and his wheel during Rip-Tire, etc) to devastate Doomfist's goons
>when they get to the man himself, all three get their asses kicked until Efi activates the prototype Supercharger she's been Macgyverinflg all episode to boost their abilities, which helps them counterattack and send Doomfist running
>Junkers leave, because they're both wanted hoods and the fight caused a lot of property damage, but say that Efi and Orisa are "an all right mob" as far as runts and robots go
>for the next week or so, Orisa won't stop talking in Australian slang or referring to herself as Orry-Ozzie
>"BLIGHTER!"

>Its a 4 DPS 1 tank 1 healer and yet you still manage to win episode

It's says in Soldier 76s bio that he wanted to return home to the family farm when he was done with his military service. Here is my theory on who the person In the photo is

>Jack is a Chad Thundercock in high school
>Gets a girl pregnant by accident
>Has to find a way to pay for girl and new baby
>Joins the military
>Gets ready to return home
>Omnic Crisis happens
>Is conscripted in the Soldier Enhancement program
>Several years later the photo is taken of an older Jack Morrison and his grown up kid

Take that Chu

I've been constantly getting "render device lost" errors right as I boot the game, and it causes my computer to freeze. Any way to fix this?

Only to shields and barriers, though, and not necessarily that much at once. Can you think of another way to deal with all the shields?

Faster projectile speed and reduced explosion delay.

>67% win rate yesterday
>actually lost rank points

You know TF2 Demoman? Just make him that.

I agree.

>he thinks you always need to be a meta team to win

Have you done all the usual shit, like updating your graphics drivers?

yes
also tried forcing constant voltage with MSI afterburner

Just make whatever point you're trying to make.
If it's about Lucio, his usage has dipped before, and that's one of the reasons I specified "on certain maps."
Speedboost becomes less useful during barrier spam battles.

uninstall the botnet and pray to Linus Torvalds

Shoot them.

Characters that are already good at breaking shields:
Mccree
Pharah
Bastion
Junkrat
Hanzo(yes)
Roadhog
Zarya(with high charge)

I think you just need to git gud.

Hackachu showed this panel when talking about how they designed Pharah's parents to be a soldier and public servant.

I think it safe to say that its confirmed the guy sitting across from her is her dad.

Concussion Mine does more damage and he's got a Mercy-ensue icon on his screen that tells him how many enemies are around it at a given time.

I really hope they don't nerf Reinhardt because of Orisa, it's not her barrier is as big as his and can move, its basically a Mei wall. I just don't want Rein nerfed ;_;

Non-canon, but whatever, its cute caramel and vanilla

>take 5-10 seconds destroying one shield
>hey, another shield
>take 5-10 seconds destroying that one
>oops, first shield has regenerated
>take 5-10 seconds redestroying first shield
>dead long before that scenario plays out from enemy fire

Even the "dedicated shield breakers" bar Bastion can't break all that shield fast enough, and then you have a mandatory Bastion meta. Why do you people always resist making more characters viable and having more varied metas?

Riverboat or Gambler /owg/?

>MOP

Ha.

Why would they? He's the most balanced hero in the game.

That's a good idea.

Sauce?

OSIRA, MOVE!

riverboat

Dick Tracy

If only more than one character could shoot the same target at the same time.

DONT PLAY WITH A STACK IN SEASON 4

BLIZZ REMOVED WIN STREAKS FOR DUOQ AND HIGHER
YOU ALSO LOSE MORE POINTS FOR A LOSS IN A STACK, AND GAIN LESS FOR WINNING
YOU ALSO GET HIGHER AVERAGE SR ON THE ENEMY TEAM IF YOU STACK

IF YOU WANT TO CLIMB AS A DUO, MAKE SURE YOU CAN GET 75% WIN RATE OR HIGHER

Because of Fortify, she doesn't have to, Pharah

Presentation that Chu gave at GDC. theivorytowercrumbles.tumblr.com/post/157964346004/some-character-highlights-from-michael-chus-panel
I am trying to find a video source, but I doubt that this is fake.

Like who? One of your four tanks? The Ana healing them?

The ability to have maybe 3-5 Steel Traps out at a time. Put the fear of big rusty metal teeth into the hearts of the opposing team.

>interracial relationships
CEASE

Be happy for Hana, she likes your smile.

CHU, YOU NIGGER!

WHAT SORT OF SHIT NAME IS ORISA.

Hero tier list for the Orisa patch

>God-tier
Ana, Bastion

>Good-tier
Soldier 76, Lucio, Reinhardt, Zarya, Orisa

>Average-tier
Mei, Mercy, Symmetra, Roadhog, Genji, Sombra, Zenyatta, Dva (would be in bad without Bastion)

>Bad-tier
Hanzo, Widowmaker, Tracer, Reaper, Winston

>Shit-tier
Junkrat, Pharah, Torbjörn

Thank you

Oh, i was wondering about that too, i won 8 games in a row in solo, climbed 200 SR. Played with 2 of my friends after that and lost 250 SR in 6 games

I'd rather see the radius and knockback increased, even if it has to take a damage penalty to compensate. Being able to throw it past a barrier to force out the people hiding behind it or separate them from the Rein is already its best use, apart from jumping.

What's wrong with shields anyway?

What's the point of having them in the game if you're gonna make a character that renders them useless?

>Pharah
>Widow
>Tracer
>Shit

you know those characters have like an 80% pick rate depending on the map right?

Do you also get fucked if you play placements in duoq?

Nothing a hug won't fix.

post SR with tier lists please.

For fuck's sake, people, think with the brain for once. I didn't fucking say make them useless, I said make more characters able to get through them more easily.

>Bastion
>God-tier

Motherfucker you posted one of his biggest counters less than a second before you typed Bastion.

How can you people not figure out how to deal with Bastion?

>No McCree
>Torbjorn in the same rank as Junkrat
>Mercy that high

You're pretty bad.

It's another lose 5+ matches in a row episode.

Haha this game is so much fun.

If you want to carry in QP, who do you pick?

Ana

That's the thing. There's no need to make a hero to get through them easily.

Bastions gender finally confirmed!!!
Based Chu!

He's silver.
If you look closely, every single "bad" and "shit" tier hero counters bastion, barring torb.
Dive comp still annihilates bastion/ana.
Snipers still annihilate bastion beyond recognition

Only Pharah from those is in shit-tier. They just don't do enough when compared to other characters. I did the tiers so that all below bad require a buff and all above good a nerf. Heroes in Average, good and bad don't require anything, but a few could use some changes.

Many people overestimate howgood Bastion is, but he's still better than all other dps.

I'm platinum

>realizing KOTH maps are literally the only good ones in the game

every other map is dancing around a choke with a rein shield waiting to get a pick. I have no idea how to attack 2cp/eichenwalde/etc other than hooking someone out of position with road and pushing with that

Why is Reaper in offense anyway? He's so much easier to use and gets so much more done on defense.

This is just stupid. Good writer you hired Blizzard.

Oh wow. I wonder why the guy who needs to be real close to people to be effective in combat and has the tools to do that is on the Offense team.

>They just don't do enough

yeah pharah is total shit, masters and higher are just fucking morons who pick her every game on Lijang

>plat

oh right, the rank where everyone thinks they know everything while actually knowing half truths at best

Yay, more pointless lore. Guess this does fall under clear info, not just error correcting and vague comments, so I will probably add it.

Of course Bastion is great in platinum, he's basically self sufficient and can hold a point without any help.

It's a world of difference when you're fighting Bastion in a private scrim and when you're fighting him in standard comp.

>He's silver.
That seriously must be it. Unable to aim for shit with snipers and thus thinks it's impossible to snipe with them.

CEASE

>platinum
>doesn't know how to play pharah
>doesn't know what a team comp is
>only thinks in 1v1s
>the reason because hes plat is because he makes tier lists and thinks individual heros and how powerful they are 'on average' should be the reason to pick them
>he's wondering why he's plat

>Like who? One of your four tanks?
Well, yeah. Most of them either do quite a bit of damage to barriers or shoot through them. Zarya needs to charge first to qualify, but that's about it. I mean, that's part of how we arrived at the tank meta, you aren't really sacrificing much in the way of damage by choosing tanks, just range limitation, mostly.

how do you win on attack vs a mei and symmetra

who do I pick

>a robot having no gender is stupid
What?

Pharah

five other people to play with.

Well, if you're playing in silver, it doesn't matter how good your aim is when peppering Bastion at long range because you still need teammates to finish the enemy bastion. Which just don't exist in silver.

No hero short of Reaper (lol) can finish off Bastion before needing to reload.

that's nice

>slaying as Reaper
>but team pissed at enemy Bastion
>specifically told to go Pharah and not even in a sperg manner
>warn them I'm a shit aim
>take care of Bastion easily
>we lost fifth round
>blamed for it
>this happens

His "tools" to do that work much better on defense.