/lozg/ - Legend of Zelda General

I Want to Commit a Crime Edition

Why aren’t you playing it you clearly want to be SPOILED

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YSLhrIuAZak
youtube.com/watch?v=9yFON2UON3k
youtu.be/47q7fiRx6oY?t=122
youtube.com/watch?v=t6QU39ccy_4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hopefully I didn't fuck anything up

Holy shit, close one. Was about to hit post to make a new one.
Thanks user

>take picture of rare ore deposit
>make sheikah sensor track it

I love this game.

So is it true you can save up those spirit orbs and trade in 20 as a bulk for a better deal?

That beeping get obnoxious, is there a way to make is quieter/work on vibration?

okay how do I resist the cold
also where to I go when the gerudo army lady said "feel free to talk to the soldiers, but we don't know where the hideout it?

heat resistant food/elixer or warm clothes

You know, the amount of faps I'll have with this game will make a 5 years wait for the next Zelda not so bad.

SS only had Zelda and the Pumpkin girl

Peatrice was horrible, sorry.

right, is there a particular store I can get them at?

i'm still mad

I have a feeling this guy's gonna kick my ass.

I'll just mark him on the map and come back later.

So I think my blood moon ie glitched? I have had it trigger upwards of 6 times now in less than 1 game day, which is great since I love farming the talus' for gems, but not great because one triggered literally 30 seconds after the previous blood moon, interrupting my combat and resetting the rock man

BotW has redeads in it.

I don't care too much about lore/particular enemies being missing and all that but I've found the enemy variety incredibly lacking, probably in part thanks to the world. Like if I think of memorable encounters that I enjoyed from literally any other Zelda game I can name a bunch of dungeon minibosses or just good fights in them, but here I can't even call the proper bosses themselves memorable. Same applies to a lot of parts of this game actually; the soundtrack, the dungeons, NPCs, and the fucking environments.

To the guy in the last thread asking about the climbing gear

You get the bandana from the shrine in the middle of twin peaks near ground level

You get the shirt from the tiny island shrine in the middle of necluda sea...or from the shrine at the end of the really tall peninsula nearby, can't remember

The boots are from the cedar trees shrine quest you get in hateno, the shrine is near the bottom right of Mount lanayru. Zoom in and find madorna mountain, it is directly east of it and north of walnot mountain near that group of trees, behind a bombable wall

Do you get anything after beating Ganon?

man the Rito divine beast was piss easy

Absolutely not true, I saved up 40 to get all 13 heart containers in one hit, took me ages to get through all that text because I had to do each individually.

a star

>tfw the game doesn't even give you the game end bow

Where can I farm arrows?

Hang on to gemstones or sell them?

I've heard one of my friends comparing this game to Bethesda games and Morrowind in particular with how you can fight Ganon 30 minutes into the game, and being able to go anywhere you wanted. And also the world map was the size of 5-6 GTA games.

So how much of that is actually BS

farm rupees then buy arrows from literally any vendor

The game does draw parallels to bethesda, as it was partially inspired by Skyrim, you can technically fight the final boss right away or go anywhere, GTA VC had a pretty small map, so yeah, 5 or 6 probably.

So technically none of it.

And how do I farm rupees? Not to mention sellers have ~20 arrows at best

>darknuts
>skulltulas
For fuck's sake you can't be serious.

Gather flint and baked apples, travel to the rito town seeking a hylian couple.
Shekel mining at it's finest.

He's not too bad as long as you have a decent weapon

Interesting

I've never really bought a console for just one game before, I dunno if I should dump $460+ (or whatever) just for this. Ah. Too bad its not on PC.

First time a console exclusive has mildly interested me in possibly the last 8 or 9 years.

You'll find vendors with infinite arrows eventually (Gerudo Desert etc)
Most efficient rupee farming is done next to the snowy mountain tower at the snowling game. Each win gives you 300 rupees and you win every 30 seconds. Took me from 900 to 6000 in 10 minutes.

Well be ready to shill out more or steal your little brother's Amiibos some of the old school outfits and weapons are locked behind the amiibo wall.

So apparently during one of these data leaks there was mention of a hookshot, was this true or was it bullshit?

Uh buddy, it's on Wii U as well, it's why I bought and hacked a Wii U 3 months ago.

>walk into a shrine
>A major combat trial
>Guardian using 3 weapons
>Freak out because the medium one was hard
>Fight it just fine but all me weapons break since I hadnt prepared
>Had to finish the fight using my bombs

That was intense Im glad he was in his final form by the time all my weapons broke.

>with how you can fight Ganon 30 minutes into the game
30 minutes is a stretch. The tutorial segment takes that long, and you have to make it to the end of the castle to fight him, but you can *technically* challenge him from the part where you get free reign.
You never will though. You won't be strong enough and would die before even making it to him.

>and being able to go anywhere you wanted
Again, while you *technically* can, you really can't in practicality. There are a a number of locations too hot or cold to survive in without outfits to withstand them, and that's their way of keeping you away from them initially. And there are a fuck tonne of "one hit kill" enemies roaming the world to keep you from going to locations you shouldn't.
And there are a bunch of mountains you can't climb with the stamina you have. It's "open world," but uses restrictions a lot.

>And also the world map was the size of 5-6 GTA games.
I guess for the older ones, but it's not a good thing a lot of the time. The world hasn't got much to it, and you traverse incredibly slowly thanks to the stamina gauge and a bunch of the quest design consisting of "walk this incredibly long distance and then come back".

>Wii U
Enjoy your powerpoint presentation

tbqh as someone playing it, the switch version is genuinely just as shit
like this is ridiculous, the framerate dips all the fucking time.

He dropped 3 of the highest tier weapons, you're fiiiine.
Except for your bows, that sounds hella annoying.

I'm aware

I don't have a Wii U either. I actually quit playing consoles almost completely around 2007. But I'm considering getting a Switch so I can play it portably. How long does it last outside of its charging dock? Or does it need to be close to your console? If it actually works away from your console, I'd probably be more tempted to get one and some time killing games for long rides or when I;m not home.

lol, Amiibos are such horseshit. Nickel and dime shit like that is partly why I got out of playing consoles to start with.

I never ended up using my bow because I only had lightening arrows and I had not gone and challenged the Elephant beast

I went into the snowy area almost immediately after starting in order to get all the map towers out of the way.
There are no punishments for dying if you saved just beforehand so it plonks you back in exactly where you were with all your HP restored. Not to mention all the apples everywhere that make DoT HP loss a joke.
Really, it's all a matter of skill, patience and food.

>Amiibos are such horseshit. Nickel and dime shit like that is partly why I got out of playing consoles to start with.
You sound like my fat uncle that lives in his basement playing LOTR online

>Walk into same shrine
>burn through 3 fairies and my attack up elixer
>Break my edge of duality
>die during last phase

I guess I'm shit, I just reloaded my save and went somewhere else.

Anyone else really bothered that Link never EVER shows any emotions in cutscenes? I get that he's supposed to be the silent self-insert and all, but he's been capable of looking sad and happy depending on the context of a scene in previous games. Now he just seems like a robot capable of only one single bored facial expression and it really peeves me.

The cutscenes are awfully directed as a whole anyway. Like there was one scene that cut back and forth between Link and a thing he was "remembering" like 15 times in less than 20 seconds and it was meant to be serious and came across as comedic. The voice acting certainly doesn't fucking help at all.

So are the 4 runes + the camera the only runes you get or are there more to be found? Can Magnesis ever be upgraded?

You can get the slowmo-dodge down to a science, seriously. I know firsthand you can get through those major tests without getting hit once, you pack of pussies.

I guess your uncle and I know the value of a dollar. Paying $15 for an in-game outfit is outrageous. When I found out what Amiibos were and how they worked, I facepalmed so hard at the greed of the console industry.

I heard there was a game out there with like $3000 worth of DLCs via Amiibos.

That is outrageous, truly truly outrageous
youtube.com/watch?v=YSLhrIuAZak

Can anyone upload the .tik to the Europe Expansion Pass DLC ? It's up for the USA version, pic related

You post like you're not from around here, so you're either some newfaggot or this is some good next level trolling.

Seriously, a huge desert area and not a single Like Like.

lol
youtube.com/watch?v=9yFON2UON3k

Daka tuss shrine
There's a button under water.
There's some balls that can be in stasis

Tried to stasis a ball above the button and then bomb it to give it force to push it, but no go.

Help anyone.

when you say snowy mountain do you mean next to hebra tower?

I'm not from around here, no. I was mildly interested in this game, but then I heard it was going to have Amiibos. $15 paid cosmetics are cancer. Its no wonder consolefags can't afford decent computers, its like a life siphoning drug. Good thing I don't have an addictive personality.

NFS sticker still work on the Switch.

He's completely right though

That's the one. There aren't any other snowy mountain towers that I know of, else I'd have mentioned Hebra specifically.

TEAM MIPHA

He's right though, amiibos are fucking bullshit and the most greedy, stingy scum I've seen from a gaming corporation. You may not like how he worded the post but that doesn't make what he's arguing incorrect.

You act as if you're supposed to buy all of the Amiibos...just buy what you want.

You act as if finding this shit disgusting means it's because you have to buy them. It's plain and simple shitty practice, regardless of whether you support it or not.

No there aren't.

>Gather additional information from the soldiers, and then head for the thieves' hideout
help

I really like them as figurines though, they're of far greater quality than that Pop! Vinyl trash

>they're of far greater quality than that Pop! Vinyl trash
That's like saying that a small turd smells better than a giant turd. The build quality of amiibos is mediocre to say the least, and the level of detail ranges from bad to hideous.

no offense but with the piss poor combat and fighting mechanics in this game im glad there are less enemies out there who can kill you in a hit or two

So I should spend 1/4 of what the game costs for a digital unlock and a toy to go with it?

Glad to see there are more like-minded people here. And nah I'm not from here, and I don't really play console games, but I was kinda interested in getting a switch. A part of me feels like I'm starting to get too old for games. Or not that exactly, it feels like very little brings me joy anymore. Maybe thats a sign of depression. But still, I am disgusted that Amiibos are as popular as they are, and how they get away with it. Whats next, "Assemble an Amiibo" toys and each part of the set is $5? Or lets get every jewier. MYSTERY BAG AMIIBOS. OH WHAT FUN YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL GET IN A MYSTERY BOX I HOPE ITS NOT SOMETHING I ALREADY HAVE

>And my faith in humanity and the gaming industry will likely die further if someone tells me that this already exists

>get to Zora's Domain
>need to gather 20 shock arrows
>fucking Lynel
I don't need to kill this guy, right? I'm getting BTFO'd. Just need 20 shock arrows? How much do I need to beat the elephant? How prepared should I be for the first ""dungeon"" and boss? I've just been exploring a lot and only have Hylian clothes, around 6-7 hearts

So where does it really take place in the timeline?

There're shock arrows around in the areas, they're mainly stuck to the trees

So my first dungeon was the same one you're about to do. You don't need to fight the Lynel, just stealth around the area collecting arrows until you have twenty. Then climb to the top of that hill and jump to the objective point for that quest.

That bullshit just made me give up on that questline and do something else. There's no reason they couldn't just give you 20 arrows. It feels like shameless padding to say "now you can't progress until you go and gather 20 of these". Eventually I found a store that sold shock arrows and just bought them and went back. No, you do not need to be well prepared, it's piss easy. The boss of the dungeon is stronger than anything in the dungeon by far, but you should be able to walk through it with ease, and the game lets you leave and fight the boss later if you struggle somehow.

The strangest thing is that despite enjoying the fuck out of BotW I worry about the future of 3D Zelda games even more. I think they will be okay if they reuse BotW assets for a filler game in 2-3 years, but I would rather have them rethink Zelda formula once again for the next big entry.

You had two opportunities to get the Warm Doublet in the Great Plateau, user.

For Spicy Meat and Seafood Fry, cooke up 1x Hylian Bass, 1x Raw Meat and as many Spicy Peppers as you want (minimum is one for three minutes worth of cold resistance, add more for more time).

>very little brings me joy anymore.
Welcome to the club

you actually need 4 but you still got to get 20 for the quest

So what happens after you use Mipha's grace? Is it just a one use item and then it's gone forever? does it regenerate or can get you recover it somehow?

it regenerates over time

Sell them, and rake in those sweeeet Rupees.

The one thing this game really doesn't do as well as the other games with is MUSIC
youtu.be/47q7fiRx6oY?t=122 necessary research viewing

The trailer theme was fantastic but it's nowhere in the game itself. I get that they were going for serene, idyllic ambience, but making the music emptier for EVERY track except the Hyrule Castle BGM was going too far imo.

Oh no I totally agree, Amiibos are like the most jewish thing Nintedo has ever done.

Thanks, I disabled it when I got it out of fear of wasting it on something stupid like falling off a cliff

So I'm in Gerudo Town, anyone know how to get the password for The Secret Club's Secret side quest?

>Have to wait 10+ years for people to get this game to emulate properly.

why live

>The one thing this game really doesn't do as well as the other games with is MUSIC
There's a LOT this game doesn't do as well as the others (bosses, dungeons, story), but I wholeheartedly agree. Hyrule Castle and the trailer music (which both use the same motifs anyway) are the only tracks I liked so far. Everything else is either silent/ambient, or just bad. The boss music, dungeon music, battle music, overworld music, are all straight garbage. Even though I enjoy some straight piano music, this stuff sounds incredibly uninspired and dull, and the timing is piss-poor. The only other track I've liked is the Rito Village music, but that's just a shitty rendition of Dragon Roost Island and it doesn't get any points for making a good piece of music sound worse.

I saw some talk about potentially missing memories or taking pictures of you progress too much - this true?

Also redpill me on cooking. What do I need to cook up to not be so shit early in the game

kill fucking guardians when??? having ptsd flashbacks to the ones in SS desu

Nevermind I'm stupid and apparently also blind

its going to be more like 6 months to 3 years

When you get ancient arrows.
Aim them at their eye and it kills them in a single shot.

>You had two opportunities to get the Warm Doublet in the Great Plateau, user.
Wait, can I still get it later if I didn't get it then?

What's the status of WiiU emulation like at the moment?

Why would I not buy this game first thing in the morning?

Where to get Wood other than next to stables?

It's sold in Hateno Village

Because it has 4 dungeons and they're awful and barely like other Zelda dungeons, an incredibly empty world, little enemy variety and the enemies that are there just aren't fun to fight most of the time thanks to awful combat and weapon durability, a godawful mandatory dub that makes the already shitty story sound even worse, and the soundtrack is just flat out terrible and the worst in the series, and the game performs like trash on either system.
Despite that I'm still having fun, but it's a lot worse than I expected, probably my least favorite 3D Zelda and not what the critics are hyping up at all.

Cut trees down then cut the log

gad you asked youtube.com/watch?v=t6QU39ccy_4
it really depends on the game currently botw cannot get beyond the title screen but it is possible that it is an easy fix

>probably my least favorite 3D Zelda
Have you played Skyward Sword?

Fuck cutting the trees down, knock them over with bombs.