What's your favorite car?

What's your favorite car?
And why is it the BMW 135i i6, 3.0L, 300HP?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrohydraulic_manual_transmission
youtube.com/watch?v=4zmiUkqBmtM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The E92 335i/M240i are better. I also can't get over how fucked up the 1 series proportions are

I just bought a 135i last month. 0-60 in 4.7 seconds, its pure amazing. Not to mention the car looks fucking great 10 years later. I also got all the ///M shit in it.

Who knows perhaps I'll even go pure /mischief/ and put an ///M badge on it.

The ZF Friedrickhoven 6 speed autotragic is actually amazing. Almost as good as the DSG and IMHO better than SMG which was shit at low revs. I looked it up and it actually 0-60s faster than the manual and it shifts nice and smooth with the paddles.

I'll miss the clutch but this transmission really is better.

>Falling for the 4door 335i meme

Yeah they may have the same engine, but the i135 series is light and quick.

I personally have the 2012 135i 7speed (I'm not a manual fag). yeah it's not the n54, but I have less issues with the N55. Also got a banging deal.

>>Falling for the 4door 335i meme
>E92
>4 door
nigga r u dum

If I wasn't so tired I'd shit on you for buying a small, feelsy car in automatic but eh. N55 is a god tier engine, you don't have to do defend that one

>automatic

It's not an automatic you fucking degenerate, it's DCT.

That's like saying an E46 M3 SMG is automatic.

Kys.

3 series is shit tier.

Noice. The m badge doesn't do much on the 1xx series, it's just decals and springs that's it.

The N55 is fucking amazing, and I haven't modded mine yet.

I didn't go the N54 route because of issues.

What are the issues with the N54 mod? I was thinking about it but again not much point, the car is already quick enough that I'm not super worried about the 8% gains.

the N54 is notorious for a myriad of reliability issues with the turbos, notably the HFPF shitting out constantly. It responds better to modding but aside from that I wouldn't set foot near one
>I owned an N54 and it didn't you stupid fucking sjw cuck

About the N54
>Tuning drastically reduces engine life
>Tuning especially hurts forced induction engines
>The turbos themselves are already problematic
If I'm missing something here feel free to correct me, but this seems like an awful idea

It's mostly reliability issues. The N55 fixed it by turning it into a twin scroll turbo.

N54 is more moddable, thus quicker.

>N54 is more moddable, thus quicker.
Potentially quicker. If you say the name of any engine, the implication is you're referring to the stock form unless noted otherwise

You're basically rewording what I'm saying, you degenerate.

Go visit 1addicts you'll see the slew of issues people have with N54 and how much power they get out of modding.

With the N55 you can start with JB4 which is about 70HP on top of the 300HP stock, but it takes more mods to get speed out of it.

The only mod I'll ever do on my N55 135i is a JB4, I don't want to change the exhaust so it sounds like someone's farting all the time or anything else.

Reminder that the 135i is the modern Supra

Fucking degenerate.

Go fuck yourself.

Not even close to a gook car.

>DCT aren't automatics
lol

Fuck I wish BMW's weren't so shitty because on paper it's a great car but I can't get into the whole cooling system overhaul, failing turbos and fuel pumps

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrohydraulic_manual_transmission

Idiot.

DCT and prior versions like SMG pinged the clutch faster than possible by any human.

>300+ hp RWD car.
>Open differential only, no LSD option.
>Ring gear welded to carrier, making installing an LSD a bitch.

Nope.

+ hp RWD car.
youtube.com/watch?v=4zmiUkqBmtM

If you really want it...

I have an 08 with the n54. I agree the n54 has issues to where it becomes a meme and I've laughed at fellow n54 owners who have come out to canyon runs only to have their cars go into limp mode. That said, the only issue I've had so far are with the ignition coils where we're only about $150 to replace all 6. I think my HPFP is going out too but it's still under warranty until next year so it's not an expense I'm worried about. Also can't wait for the turbos to go out so I can upgrade them :^)

N55 vs n54 isn't really worth arguing about they're both fun.

How do you have such long warranty?

My 2012 CPO is about to run out is there a way to get extra warranty besides BMW? BMW is charing like $2395 for an extra year and that's powertrain only and ridiculous.

Wtf why doesn't OP let us answer the question?

What did he mean by this?

This.
Automated manual=/=your automatic slushbox

BMW agknowleged the problems the n54 has so they extended the warranty on HPFP to 10 years. I think the turbos have a longer warranty as well and maybe the water pump too.

That's nice of the Nazis.

BTW do you know any way to get warranty before mine runs out? Like extra 5 years or something for a certain amount of money?

I only have like 40k on my N55 model and it's starting to creep up on some issues.

>t. I had a E36 and E46 before

Also wanted to add that I have a friend with a 2011 CPO 335i (n55) which he got the extended warranty for and he says it more than paid off. The n55 is not without its own share of issues.

I've stopped using my 135 as a daily so the problems don't concern me too much even though my car has been great so far. It's good to keep the miles down too it seems prices take a huge dip on cars nearing or exceeding 100k.

Wow that's good info thanks!
I can't find legit answers on extensions for the CPO.

I live in Commiefornia and it's $2395 for an extra year (which I don't think is enough). And the max is 1 year from BMW. Other states are cheaper for some reason.

Also it's my daily driver so I kinda have to take care of it :(

The other day I hit a bump on the right side and I'm afraid it might've done something to the bottom of the car so I have to get it checked I hope it didn't damage the frame or anything.

I'll ask my friend for you I know his was for several years and I recall the price was similar to what you're quoting but for several years instead of one.

awesome! plz email izotope11 at gmail dot com before this thread gets locked :^)

Are you people retarded? DCT is automatic, not every automatic is a slushbox but that doesn't mean it's a manual.

And you'd get a manual for fun, not benchracing, anybody who has driven both knows in terms in driving DCT drives like a not retarded automatic but you're still telling a computer to shift for you. Manual is nothing like DCT and actually has a user operated clutch which is what defines manual

Manual doesn't make sense if you're over 30 like me.

All my cars before this, including 2 M3s were manual and I got tired of that shit. It was fun yeah, but I'm too busy for that shit.

DCT is fucking amazing and I'm not looking back.

It's dual clutch and the computer switches for you and when you switch to S mode, it's super accurate and quick. I sometimes use the paddle shifters but the shifter is more organic, even though it has no physical clutch.

I hate elitists like you. Kys.

The ZF slushbox transmissions shift faster than humans and the DCT shifts faster than that.

Manuals are no longer better for performance or milage.

31 here. My e92 m3 is 6 speed and i love it every day.

The dct is really really good though. No argument there. But here's your daily reminder that flipping a paddle will never compare to nailing proper downshifts yourself

Anyone who's driven both knows the significant difference is having a clutch coupled transmission as opposed to that of fluid, and how that correlates to the way the vehicle drives with throttle influence. That's the real fun. Something an auto cannot do, but a manual and automated manual alike can, regardless as to whether you're trying to pull semantics or not.

The rest of the tripe you're talking about is an arbitrary motion of shifting.

he said that to truly be a manual, you need a clutch pedal

he also said not every automatic is a slushbox

he's not an elitist you're just retarded

I don't know what you do, but I'm dead tired by the end of the day every day. It's been like this for years and I got tired of manuals.

Well yeah, DCT/SMG or whatever the fuck different car manufacturers call it, will never be as fun as a real 6spd manual for the sheer fact that you "feel" the car when you shit/downshift. And you can do tricks with the shift gears to suit the way you drive, which you can't do with DCT. DCT is really idiot proof which limits certain functions, which is kind of good I suppose. I'm sure I'll get another manual in the future, but I've been driving manuals for more than 10 years.

I guess the best solution would be to have 2 cars, one as a daily driver and another full manual for weekends. I just like to keep things at a minimum and can't afford 2 cars and 2 insurances...and have no space for 2 cars.

This. It may not be "full manual" but it still "feels" like a manual and god damn is it fast to drive and it shifts like no human can.

I just beat a charger from a red light the other day for fun — the guy sucked as a driver, but it was hilarious laughing at him because he thought he could beat a DCT. Once I put in the JB4 in this puppy, I'll have close to 370HPs of raw power.

No, he laughed because there is no clutch. And thinks "automated" is the same as "automatic". It's literally not. There's a lot of technology involved here, it's not a fucking Toyota Camry slushbox.

Go learn what automated clutch is idiot.

The computer switches gears faster than the fastest human foot can ever achieve -- the upcoming clutch is always ready to trigger the shift. You're a degenerate.

Apparently he paid 5k for a two year warranty from a third party company that BMW works for. I'd rather just pay out of pocket if you ask me

The ZFHP6s really are great. I have one too (pic related). They kinda suck for redline full throttle shifts, but short shift a little and it's real snappy. I drove a ZF8 for a while and while it's better in pretty much every metric on paper, it's just too many gears to have fun shifting with the paddles so it saps a lot of the fun out of driving it.

Yeah I had driven the 8 in audi S Q6 and agree it is better at the red but I would prefer 7 or 6 speeds at the end of the day.

Next time I'll probably go for automated gearbox or manual but this 135i was a deal and had the 6 and I'm very happy with it. 100% better than my last tiptronic from subaru. I didn't even bother the shifting was so fucking bad in it.

Amazing compared to what, a non synchro tractor gearbox? They are a generic slushbox that leaks out of the connector seal all the time and the "lifetime" fluid is a ripoff. They were made to be a universal trans to use in everything from Land Rovers to econoboxes, not a performance trans.

btw the ZF8 is what they put in the RS7, if anybody reading your post has a momentary lapse in judgement and thinks they should listen to anything you say.

Interesting. Thank you for the info user.

I will check with my dealer to see if there's a 3rd party available.

5G's is a lot for Warranty but knowing how much parts cost.....and it's not as bad as an M3 which is horrible for your pocket.

The thing is DCT is an iteration from SMG which was pretty badass, but problematic.

As much as elitists hate semi-manual cars, BMW just does it right.

Audi has Quattro and so do other companies, but BMW just does it damn good.

you talk like a fag

I'm not speaking here, I'm typing.

Get it right, degenerate.

you talk like a fag

>still has same thread open from yesterday

you're a fag

dude go to sleep before mummy comes and takes away your android phone.

you talk like a fag

you look like a fag

i dont really like the looks of the 135i

they look like a toy version of a real bmw

Personally, I reckon they look proportionately similar to an E10 15/16/2002. Works for me, Although I'd be more than happy with a 5 door 130i with a manuel.

Who are you fooling? Just call it the jealous fuccboi thread. Literally everyone that posts here to hate on bmw will fit into one of the following categories:

-poor and stupid
-too young to drive

That's it. So if you're over 16/17 then guess what. You're poor and stupid. You spend your time hating bmw drivers, meanwhile bmw drivers don't think about you at all. Nothing you say do or think will bother them, because you are so far beneath them in every conceivable way that you may as well be the dirt they pay Guatemalans to plant wisteria in around their homes which cost more than the net worth of your entire extended family.

I believe that was the intention, to make the spiritual successor

My 135i just ran out of warranty. What are my options? What do you recommend. New owner

Can we get an IP ban on this tool?

He's shitting up the board.

At least Alphonse shitposts on purpose, this fag actually believes what he says.