BMW

>next-gen 1 series will be FWD and AWD only with 3cyl and 4cyl engines only
>have to buy a x30i/d to get a inline 6 these days, the brands former staple
>next generation of 1/2/3/4/5 series will probably be 4 cylinders across the board
>every single car they sell right now is turbocharged (in most markets)
>cars getting bigger and fatter every year making them way too big for the European market
>M brand watered down to piss thanks to it being slapped on almost everything including SUV's
>looking more and more like generic Hyundia's/Kia's as time goes on
>focus on gimmick bullshit like hand gesture control and parking car with the key
>9/1 ratio of automatics to manuals sold on M cars
>next generation M cars will almost certainly be automatic only thanks to complicated hybrid and electric turbocharging drivetrain they are likely to use
>M cars will also probably start using AWD now like Mercedes AMG products are right now thanks to the unnecessarily high power outputs
>no longer a luxury brand since every piss poor faggot on minimum wage can finance one

So it's pretty obvious BMW has fallen off a cliff since Chris Bangle in the early-2000s started ruining their designs and making everything look like half-baked concept cars, and they've been steadily getting worse as time progressed.

How long until BMW is officially dead and buried as an enthusiast brand?

>>next-gen 1 series will be FWD and AWD only with 3cyl and 4cyl engines only
The 2 series is replacing the 1 series and is still RWD/I6
>>have to buy a x30i/d to get a inline 6 these days, the brands former staple
Turbo I4s are more economical and people buying lower BMW models don't give a shit
>>next generation of 1/2/3/4/5 series will probably be 4 cylinders across the board
Not an argument
>>every single car they sell right now is turbocharged (in most markets)
BMW turbos are overall pretty reliable and free of any discernable lag, I actually like them because they give the cars a shitton of low-end torque compared to the NA V8s/I6s
>>cars getting bigger and fatter every year making them way too big for the European market
Again, 2 series.
>>M brand watered down to piss thanks to it being slapped on almost everything including SUV's
M sport is not the same thing as M
>>looking more and more like generic Hyundia's/Kia's as time goes on
You could say that about any car, the F32/F22 still easily stand out in a crowd
>>focus on gimmick bullshit like hand gesture control and parking car with the key
They're not "focusing" on that, if you don't like it don't use it. Veeky Forums shitposts about any feature beyond AC in any car but they're commonly pretty nice to have when you give them a chance (I miss my keyless entry/start)
/1 ratio of automatics to manuals sold on M cars
Nothing to do with BMW

cont

>>next generation M cars will almost certainly be automatic only thanks to complicated hybrid and electric turbocharging drivetrain they are likely to use
Slippery slope and also not an argument
>>M cars will also probably start using AWD now like Mercedes AMG products are right now thanks to the unnecessarily high power outputs
We're complaining about power now? At worst they'll offer AWD, it doesn't mean you have to buy it
>>no longer a luxury brand since every piss poor faggot on minimum wage can finance one
They've been doing that forever, exclusivity has nothing to do with luxury

Your arguments are pretty much either all baseless speculation, misinformation or "NOO THINGS ARE CHANGING AND I DON'T LIKE IT I'VE NEVER DRIVEN IT BUT I KNOW I HATE IT"

.........you would think you get quality comparable to the price you pay..

nope, instead you get a bmw, where the price far exceeds the quality of the product!

>The 2 series is replacing the 1 series and is still RWD/I6
Yeah fuck having a 5 door hatch with RWD.
>Turbo I4s are more economical and people buying lower BMW models don't give a shit
The fuel economy gains are absolutely minimal and they sound like hot garbage compared to an inline 6.
>Not an argument
Yes it is, see you in two years time (or less) when I'm right.
>BMW turbos are overall pretty reliable and free of any discernable lag, I actually like them because they give the cars a shitton of low-end torque compared to the NA V8s/I6s
Don't care, turbo's don't belong on an M product.
>Again, 2 series.
This will grow with time until its as big as a 3 series, it's already quite a wide car.
>You could say that about any car, the F32/F22 still easily stand out in a crowd
Fair enough, but no they don't.
>They're not "focusing" on that
They are.

cont

Kek, OP's baseless speculation BTFO.
Lol, that's not even an argument.

>Slippery slope and also not an argument
Is an argument though, there's no way they'll mate a hybrid system to a manual as you lose the electric only ability, and why do it if no one is buying them?
>We're complaining about power now? At worst they'll offer AWD, it doesn't mean you have to buy it
Yes, 600bhp and retarded amounts of torque means you can't rev it out unless you're on a huge open road. The E60 M5 had a perfect amount of power and torque.
>They've been doing that forever, exclusivity has nothing to do with luxury
Sounds like you were born this century.

Stop posting.

>complains about small city cars being optimized for city use
>complains about comfy luxobarges getting comfort luxury features
>complains about """"unnecessary power"""" in power-oriented cars
>complains about 'muh badge exclusivity'

>it's a teenage busrider that has never owned a BMW shares his valuable opinion episode

BMW marketing team out in full force tonight.

i wasn't arguing, just stating facts.

>Yeah fuck having a 5 door hatch with RWD.
What's wrong with that? That was also a counter to OP's retarded claim. There's other options anyway.
>the fuel economy gains are absolutely minimal and they sound like hot garbage compared to an inline 6.
Significant=/=marginal
>Yes it is, see you in two years time (or less) when I'm right.
It isn't an argument, he's right.
>Don't care, turbo's don't belong on an M product
[citation needed]
And opinion isn't citation.

>post retarded shit
>get called out on your retardation
>DAE LE SHILLS SHILLING ECKS DEE
You have to go back.

Opinions and speculation aren't facts.

You're going to bring back that faggot Davis. Please don't do that

>I know nothing about cars and get all of my information from Veeky Forums
>Yeah fuck having a 5 door hatch with RWD.
I can't tell if you're arguing or agreeing
>The fuel economy gains are absolutely minimal and they sound like hot garbage compared to an inline 6.
Again, it's lower models self-proclaimed enthusiasts don't care about
>Yes it is, see you in two years time (or less) when I'm right.
ok
>Don't care, turbo's don't belong on an M product.
No true scotsman/not an argument
>This will grow with time until its as big as a 3 series, it's already quite a wide car.
The point of the 1/2 series was to address the 3 series getting too big while they also wanted to move the 3 series closer to the size of an "actual" luxury car. Also not an argument
>Fair enough, but no they don't.
I'll agree to disagree
>They are.
"Focus" means other areas of the car are suffering noticeably as a result an exhibit a casual relationship with development of features
>Is an argument though, there's no way they'll mate a hybrid system to a manual as you lose the electric only ability, and why do it if no one is buying them?
Fallacies based on half-assed extrapolation is not an argument
>Yes, 600bhp and retarded amounts of torque means you can't rev it out unless you're on a huge open road. The E60 M5 had a perfect amount of power and torque.
There's more to car stability than drivetrain and power and again, you're just guessing.
>Sounds like you were born this century.
Sounds like you still have no argument

Come back if you have something that isn't just an opinion or guessing
>MUH SHILLZ
I'd say fuck off back to /v/ but even they don't deserve that

>Again, it's lower models self-proclaimed enthusiasts don't care about
M140i is bought by non-enthusiasts?

The M140i has an I6

>hot hatches
lol.
Also according to Google it uses the B58 which is I6

Yes and what do you think the next-gen M140i will have if it's a transverse FWD/AWD platform with only 4 cylinder engines? Get it now?

>hot hatch
>350bhp
Dumbass.

It never was an ethusiast brand with Porsche existing

>if
NOT A FUCKING ARGUMENT GOD DAMN HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU RETARDS THIS. SPECULATION IS NOT AN ARGUMENT. In order to refute an argument you have to argue against the facts the argument is based on, otherwise it's just fallacious.
>Hot hatch (shortened from hot hatchback) is a high-performance derivative of a car body style consisting of a three- or five-door hatchback automobile.
:thinking:

2er GC plans were confirmed a while ago and we will get a 4-door M240. Stop being a contrarian retard.

WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU THINK THE ROOM COMES FROM TO FIT A FUCKING THREE LITRE INLINE SIX SIDEWAYS AND THEN SOMEHOW MAKE IT REAR WHEEL DRIVE YOU DUMB FUCK

Yea all of you poorfags who think that keyless entry and heated seats or whatever shit ruin your car just go to Porsche, buy the car you want, and add literally none of the options you care about. Buy it. Done. Now you can stop riding the bus everyday.