What happens to unsold, new cars?

What happens to unsold, new cars?

Like, if you want to buy a car, you either buy a new model from the current year, or an old, but used, vehicle? Why do you never see a brand-new, never used car from like 2007 in any dealerships? What happens to those cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-16/where-worlds-unsold-cars-go-die
snopes.com/photos/automobiles/unsoldcars.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-16/where-worlds-unsold-cars-go-die

They usually get heavily discounted by year's end and get sold. Sometimes a high performance car can sit on a lot for 2-3 years because the market is so small and usually the dealership is maximum Jew and refusing to negotiate. Also inventory can get shipped off to other dealerships where they are selling that model well. Keep in mind the economy is doing well and cars are selling pretty fast these days. When another economic collapse happens you'll see cars sitting around again. The mitsubishi Evo ended in 2015 and some lots still had them into 2017. The H2 Hummer sat in lots forever too.

I had a fat fuck at chevy try to convince me he was losing a grand on a 2017 Camaro SS so it was such a good deal that I should take it. Walked out and got a more expensive BMW at a cheaper price kek

Is there a website that list which cars do not sell very well at each state? Looking to pick up a new car by the end of the year.

Nothing. There are no unsold new cars. They keep lowering the price until it sells.

>buying new
Shiggy diggy

Bought an "unsold" 2015 Lexacunt GS Tree Fiddy AWDrizzlixXx early on in the 2016MY for $42K, MSRP 56K.

From mein rescherchen you can asspect about 24% off MSRP for a 1-year old unsold car.

And yes I am an altism.

But the BMW is slower and depreciates faster.

This. Sometimes they'll even "give them away". Every now and then if you buy a F350 or a RAM 3500 some dealerships will give you a "free" Fiesta or Dart. They're usually year or two old lot demo's but still.

Lol my local dealership was doing this shit. I forget the exact details of the offer but you buy some meme truck from them and they throw in a free Focus for you

This user is correct I work at an Audi Dealership and all the B8 A4s got heavily discounted before the new launch right now Q5s are going thru that but not as much since Q5s sell like hot cakes but yea all of our previous model year inventory gets discounted anywhere from 5,000 to 12,000 depending on the car until we sell it we had a manual 2014 S5 that sat around until model year 2016

>The BMW depreciates faster

Are you trolling or just really really new? Also its only .2 seconds slower to 60

Do dealership cover the title transfer fees on their sticker price? Sorry for the dumb question as I've never bought from a dealership before.

Wtf are you talking about hans?

Of course not, they are complete jews. Remember, dealers get their own special incentives called dealer holdbacks. So when they wave that invoice around in your face and say how they are making little, no, or even losing money. They are lying jews.

Would dealers advertise such cars on their website?

I'd love to buy a brand new 2014/5 car. Certainly the shop would want to sell it ASAP as it's just taking space.

Idk mine does

the fuck man

Well, off to go onto all the new car dealerships around my area and see if any have old brand new cars available.

snopes.com/photos/automobiles/unsoldcars.asp

holy fug

In my country they get registered as current year in the moment they're sold. There's currently a E46 registered as a 2014 for sale, really low miles. I assume it was stocked by the dealer until it got sold eventually.

theres a unsold srt4 sitting on a lot somewhere i cant remember where but yeah they just sit there forever until they sell

Some dealerships in some markets literally do lose money on some of their vehicles. Often their core products. Camry's go for $2,500 below dealer invoice in my area. Holdback isn't anywhere near that.

>When your entire business model is built around not making money

>120000km
>really low miles
>34k dollarydoos

What in tarnation...

in this country it's pretty cheap for what it is, btw 120k km is less than 100k miles
taxes are sky high in Uruguay

That sounds American as fuck. "Here have a free Dart you can put in your truckbed"

if its a ford you need the extra car for whe the pos breaks down on you

Who are you fooling? Just call it the jealous fuccboi thread. Literally everyone that posts here to hate on bmw will fit into one of the following categories:

-poor and stupid
-too young to drive

That's it. So if you're over 16/17 then guess what. You're poor and stupid. You spend your time hating bmw drivers, meanwhile bmw drivers don't think about you at all. Nothing you say do or think will bother them, because you are so far beneath them in every conceivable way that you may as well be the dirt they pay Guatemalans to plant wisteria in around their homes which cost more than the net worth of your entire extended family.

A dealership tried to sell me on a new loaded 2015 NA lancer when the didn't have the car i literally called ahead for.

lul

Dealerships usually discount cars before the year ends, or right before a newer model is coming out, ie a refresh of a particular model. I bought a 2015 mirage for $10.6k in 2016. Sticker price was around $16k. Almost every Mitsubishi dealer has some leftovers, as well as niche sports cars or bottom basement stripper models from all makes.