/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18. Demo is out now!
Opening: youtube.com/watch?v=tV8dqB6xVR0
Trailer 3: youtube.com/watch?v=MnpNGzNoOY0
TV Commercial: youtube.com/watch?v=uz33yhYo-pU

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

kiranico.com/en/mh4u/monster/gore-magala
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>trying to cut Barroth's tail with a weapon that isn't switch axe
fucking brutes

I know it's a fan mockup, but that is a terrible logo. No crest or anything, just a number alongside annoying to read text with random flashes everywhere.

is the difference in power between hellblade axe and silverwind axe really that huge? I hate hellblade axes style and rather want to use the cool looking one

Blast is pretty good in high rank

Fucking 2 more weeks till release of XX. Do we know if anyone will avtually care to make english UI translation on release?

I know but the hellblade axe is looking so edgy

I watched GaijinHunter's video about some set templated and while I think they aren't as good, having a consistent Honed Blade set to which you can add almost anything according to your weapon is pretty cool.

Taking Dokudodo into account, what would be the best general all purpose template set for Blademasters?

>dokudodo

That one clownsuit with Rajang waist.

>muh full armors with 0 creativity

Clown suit isn't a pejorative for all mixed sets. Just the ones that look like shit, like every single one that has divine ire obi for instance.

My heart...

All mixed sets are clown suits, user.
It's not even pejorative, come on.

>Dokudodo
Is this a Jojo reference?

What the hell does creativity means about mh armor ?

I thought Clownsuits was a (fitting) derogatory term for Mixed sets that look like ass.

It is. is just retarded and apparently can't even comprehend why the word "clown" is in there.

For that we say "shitty clown suit"

Anyways I think we derailed from user's question

It's a term for all mixed sets, but more emphasized on the silly mixes.
It's like how all blacks are niggers but sometimes nigger isn't a swear for some reason.

>clown is derogatory
It just means silly.
Unless you're afraid of clowns or something you big pussy.

I forget, can you trap Gore Magala or does he fall under Elder Dragon rules?

Gore u can
Shagura I can't

When in doubt, Kiranico.
kiranico.com/en/mh4u/monster/gore-magala

You CAN trap Cutie Magootie, but only outside of the Sanctuary as you cannot place traps inside the Sanctuary. You can see that first hand in quests like "The Gathering Storm".

You CANNOT trap Shaggy Carpet under any circumstance, even outside the Sanctuary, as he falls under Elder Dragon rules.

"Silly" is a bad thing, dork. It also doesn't decribe all mixed sets, only, get this, bad ones.

"Clownsuit" refers to suits that are badly matched in clashing colours like a jester's motley, something meant to strip him of dignity so he is not taken seriously- So that, for the sake of humour, he can say things that others could not get away with because even a peasant's words carry more weight than a fool's. Clown is derogatory, ESPECIALLY in this instance you fucking clown.

what weapons are actually good as aerial? dreadking is such a nigger faggot

Go tell your gf she's dressed like a clown and see how she reacts.

That makes no sense.
Also go back to r*ddit you fucking normie.

CB

>That makes no sense.
Yeah, he failed to consider the fact that you don't have a girlfriend because you're incapable of understanding the most essential nuances of communication (and probably also because you're ugly, but we only have proof of the former).

Trying too hard to not be underage.
Regardless you can't compare a video game where people mix clashing sets for skills to day-to-day real life clothing on women you dumb baby.

>Trying too hard to not be underage.
>get burned
>y-yeah well I bet you're underage!
>Regardless you can't compare a video game where people mix clashing sets for skills to day-to-day real life clothing on women you dumb baby.
Yeah you fucking can, if it's a question of aesthetics.

>"Being called a clown is bad. Go and try it out irl and see"
>WAH REDDITARD UNDERAGE NORMIE SCUM

You're not explaining yourself while disregarding the context entirely.

Someone dresses in a silly way for a party or something and if you tell them they look a bit like a clown they'll laugh.

You out of the blue calling someone a clown like a true autist would definitely bring a negative response.

It's better to stop embarrassing yourself by making these posts just because you hate clowns.

>Someone dresses in a silly way for a party or something and if you tell them they look a bit like a clown they'll laugh.
Complete non-sequitur. This is a situation in which someone ought to be offended to be called a clown. Try harder to justify your godawful obi set, shitbird!

>tfw you can't get a decent GS set without using the horrible looking Kaiser Mail X on women

Dammit I just want Sharpness +1, Critical Draw, Focus, Sheath Control, Mind's Eye on one good looking set

>Mind's eye on GS
You are the epitome of dumb frogposter.

>non-sequitur
That's literally the situation of using mixed sets.

Listen user, you could stay here all day writing weak insults and pretending you're a grown man with a girlfriend over disagreeing with trivial things but instead I'll just leave you alone for your own good.

>I "just" want four top tier skills (and randomly mind's eye is tossed in there, too)
Just_use_EX_Hunter's_Mail

This is one of the saddest exchanges I've ever witnessed online.

Truly, /mhg/ exists only to argue semantics.

For your benefit

Kaiser mail x looks really good actually, but only if it's also with the waistpiece.

Mind's eye is also a bad skill to have on GS. You're not usually comboing so if you do bounce it doesn't matter as much, and you shouldn't be bouncing because you have pretty precise attacks that hit once in a blue moon so you time them to hit the weakest spot possible and on top of that you get a big sharpness modifier that keeps GS from bouncing on parts that any other weapon without natural mind's eye would bounce on. If you need to sacrifice one of those skills it should absolutely be that one.

>wearing ugly garish mismatched bullshit in a game where you're meant to look cool and heroic is the same as dressing as a clown to go to a party where that's appropriate
>and it naturally follows from this that anything not made from the exact same materials in that game is clownish
I said to try harder, not to stop trying altogether.

>EX_Hunter's_Mail
There's no such thing on 4U

>both parties being this stupid beacause someone used the g word
What a bunch of clowns.

GX is for G-rank, that's why.

Dude I'm already 500 hrs into the game, I finished almost all that stuff

Oh shit, you said EX and GX

I know, they're as bad as avatarfags

A poster using a reaction pic every 50 posts or so ain't an avatarfag.

When they use the same maybe 5 reactions every thread so you know you're speaking with them it is.

When did I say otherwise? I'm just saying people that argue for so long are as bad as avatarfags.
Jeez user.

drop mind's eye because as stated it's useless, you can have a no-kaiser set with JUST a three-slot charm and two-slot or more weapon (no specific charm):

Grand H. Hachigane
Grand Hyuga Muneate
Kaiser Vambraces X
Maiden's Skirt X
Grand Hyuga Hakama
-----------------
OOO
-----------------
1x Charger Jewel 3
1x Artisan Jewel 3
3x Draw Jewel 2
1x Draw Jewel 1

of course you can probably manage something more stylish with your charms, this is my top result for a two-slot weapon prioritising family and even comes with free crit eye which is ideal for a perfect relic (which has -10% affinity), though with one slot you can make it work with no crit eye- Your weapon DOES however need at least one slot, but that shouldn't be a problem as all three top craftables have a slot and a perfect relic obviously has three
Grand H. Hachigane
Grand Hyuga Muneate
Kaiser Vambraces X
Grand Hyuga Koshiate
Grand Hyuga Hakama
-----------------
+3 Pellet Up, +7 Handicraft ---
-----------------
3x Draw Jewel 2
1x Draw Jewel 1
2x Charger Jewel 1
1 slot spare
-----------------
(Critical Eye +1 possible)

I'm already bored of BotW when does MH5U drop? Why don't the Nippons ever leak games early? Are you people still play 4U? I can't go back to the abomination that is Generations.

ok

>5U
>When 5 hasn't even been announced yet for nips

if you are bored of videogames then why not stop playing videogames

>Maiden's Skirt X
Yeah, I value my free time but thanks anyway

Arena isn't hard. But seriously, get ASS and just plug the skills in yourself. Cataloging all your charms might be a bit tedious the first time if you haven't been doing it all along but it's worth it. You can use hyuga fullset if you are willing to hack charms or just already have a godcharm.

Is the silverwind set good for striker SA?
Some days ago a guy here said something about a combination of silverwind and sol but this ended in a discussion about who "invented" this set combination. halp

Yes.

Nips play Frontier in between mainline releases

Silverwind's a good all-round set (for raw n weapons that have a bit of affinity already)
so yea

Only bored of BotW. For now at least anyway. Playing an old new file of 4U right now and I just killed 2 spiders using a hammer and actually had fun. How did Capcom get it so wrong with Generations? Where did the fun go?

Silverwind is good. The combo is mixing it to add WE in there.

Dunno but they seem to be blaming the fans for not liking it.

Everybody has been singing BotW's praises and I'm really tempted to buy a switch for it. Since you're already bored of it please to to dissuade me from fucking doing this.

Why / around when did you get bored with it?

Because it's not monster hunter

>buying a brand new 400 dollarydoo console for a game that is also on a 200 dollar or less console and runs the same on both and the latter also has monster hunter
???

anyway watch some gameplay footage, the biggest reason to wait for the new super nintendo switch u should become apparent pretty fast- about 1/3 of the time the fps is in the low teens, makes generations look silky smooth by comparison

>about 1/3 of the time the fps is in the low teens
On switch or wiiu?

>runs the same on both
stop telling lies, user

regardless he should wait at least several months to make his decision, never buy a console on launch.

From what I've heard, both. I've only actually seen switch footage post-release. Obviously the pre-release e3 footage all seemed to have a stable framerate, maybe those were wii us with special hardware to accomplish that.

The difference is resolution, it's 720p on the switch and 480 on the wii u iirc.

900 and 720... but yes. It's actually impressive how it looks the same on both when before retail the wii u version looked a lot worse.

If you're talking about those comparison videos between the two, the wii u ones were from compressed e3 footage so of course they looked lower quality, it was both a less complete built and pre-compressed footage.

Stop discussing other games and continue talking about Monhun!!!

any japs get the motion values of the new styles yet?

You start you fucking faggot frogposter.
Instead of reeeing like and autistic sperglord actually contribute something to get on track.

So, dumbfuck, what's your favorite weapon by looks alone.

Is brave LBG really that bad or is the demo LBG just bad? It's really fun but even after practicing it for a few runs I got a better time waving around CB like a retard my first try.

Akantor GS, obv. Diablos IG 2nd.

I like Lao weps in general. Actually curious about the new ones in gen.

Pretty much any Barioth weapon

>says "you start"
>starts
Hard for me to decide personally, there's a lot of nice ones. The fact that some monsters, like teo, nerscylla and amatsu, have almost entirely really nice weapons makes it even harder. Maybe Czernobog's Scythe or whatever scylla's CB was called?

>pic
that's some good fucking taste

I like the names of the rathian CB lines more than the weapons themselves. #1 reason I use Dear Regina.

>start because you know they'll be a dick and go no you instead of actually starting
>still get criticized
fuck you for possibly being a sensible human being

I'm disappointed that this is the only CB with a thin blade. CB would look so much cooler if all the blades were thin

>putting the recent trailer back in

You're alright, OP.

Is Rajang a shitmon or not? He just seems awful to fight solo with half of the weapons

why is arkantor such a fucking bitch? unpredictable tail swing and a shout that deals like half hp of damage

great design

>having problems with a big and slow monster
Git gud, m8

Welcome to Monster Hunter brah

>unpredictable tail swing and a shout
Seriously? I know this general enjoys bitching constantly about gen 1-2 monsters but you have be a fucking idiot not to see those two moves coming.

7 decides my new main weapon