Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator:
cycle-ergo.com/

Noob? Git gud:
→ → → → →→ → → → →

webms with sounds:
→→ → → → →→ → →

Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2017/04/strong_winds_topple_trees_knoc.html
chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/mcy/6068008871.html
chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/mcy/6068008009.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/6080619600.html
motocal.com/about/video-tutorials/app-tutorials
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Get brake fluid on tank
>Clean it off with brake cleaner
>Now paint is fucked
Did I make a mistake?

yes

you know I always see motorcyclist get up in arms about that and I always think about how different it would be if motorcycles didn't have to pay for registration (Is there any such thing as a "Road tax" anywhere lol).

>well of course motorcycles shouldn't we weigh much less and don't damage the roads
>we're reducing traffic so it's fair
>we don't cause as much damage to other motorists or pedestrians!

Don't be mad because people get a loophole you don't, Instead get mad at the gubbamint for not giving you a loophole and be happy there are some people out there not getting cucked.

Registration is road tax.

I dont care. I just think it should be lower considered me and my bike weight a fraction of a soccer mum car that pays barely double of what I do.

But my bike registration costs less than my car.

Mines the same.
Plus an off road registration too... in two states

I pay about 1/3 to 1/10th of what a car costs on road tax.
Also insurance here is cheaper.

We might get cucked by our license system, but actually riding is cheered on.

My reg in NY was like $20/year to renew who cares?

Go to sleep you have work in the morning.

you're right ;_;

You have to lean it over by sitting on the outside of the turn at like 2mph while balancing throttle/clutch/rear brake fuckery, and god help you if you have Honda cuckbrakes that actuate the front at the wrong time

It's tricky but you get used to it

Just practice on a lot or else you'll hit a curb or something. I can't stress this enough. If you even pull the clutch in all the way during a curved lean you'll probably fall over.

btw is cutie d&d girl single :^)

>Should I buy one of these?
Thats entirely up to you and your desires, intentions, and budget

>Is it fun?
Yes, very. In all honesty I am to damned fat and tall for the bike and I take it through inappropriate places. It struggles to get past 85mph with me on it and it can't really handle anything more adventurous then a caliche road.

But it is still fun.

Anyone have tips on finding good deals on bikes? I swear people around here are trying to sell 8 or 9 year old 20-40k mile bikes for new retail prices around here on Craigslist.

You mean the Asian one?

Keep checking, the good deals usually go quick.

Make if it seems unreasonable then make a reasonable offer. Worst case is they say no.

Literally scroll through craigslist motorcycles by owner multiple times a day. In several weeks you'll know what market price is for anything that isn't rare.

I check every other day while at work... since boring work is boring.
Some people are terrible sticklers and I just keep scrolling 90% of the time. The ones that do seem decently priced turns out they got something terribly wrong like busted cowls or poor upkeep in general.
Was watching some guy with a XT225 that just would not budge off $3500... I think he gave up trying. Ninja 250R's also seem to just be shy $1000 under current model 300's without ABS, even though its a 2012 or even 2008 model.

I'll keep at it though... no use having my Endorsement if I dont actually find something to ride =/

I guess I mean to say that they just show the cowl fucked, but then say something "started last time I rode it" which is probably when they fucked it up and got scared and wont ride again.

Winter is a bitch too here on the Oregon Coast. I dont want to be too picky, but I dont want to invest in something I cant afford to fix and it just ending up sitting there. I do not have a hobby fund heh

I miss the oregon coast :(

Look at towns ~100mi of yourself as well. Sometimes just looking the next town over will yield a whole slew of better prices.

>try to counterlean my bike in our awkward ass driveway
>just drops over to where I need to put my foot down faster
It's not even worth fucking around considering I'm just going to stop like 3' later and push it back into the garage anyways.

Hey i've seen your pics through here before, you have quite a few of places i've lived and currently live, it was quite weird to see just how much of a small world these forums can be.

If I ever do get a bike, I'll be sure to post a few so you can be nostalgic lol

I check the areas within a few hours drive around, a few big cities so I get quite a selection.

please do. Oregon is a wonderful state, I love colorado but Oregon had something special, especially for riding

>Winter is a bitch too here on the Oregon Coast.
i visit in the winter sometimes. bit windy and rainy but it never seemed too bad to me. bad compared to california in the winter, sure, but

Take an empty windex/cIeaner bottle sprayer and cut the suction tube off at the measurement you want, then squirt the fluid back into a bottle until you can't anymore.

Works like a charm and everyone has one.

>brake fluid
>already incredibly bad for paint
>clean it off with very aggressive solvents

Youre really fucked. best you can hope is that you got it off soon enough that it didn't damage the entire base coat. Take some 2000 grit and wet sand until you get down to clean paint, then polish it with polishing compound.

If you hit primer or steel before you get to fresh paint you need to repaint the tank.

Don't be an idiot next time, It says right on the brake cleaner can not to contact painted surfaces retard.

oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2017/04/strong_winds_topple_trees_knoc.html

This was just last week. We lost power for 6 hours at work on a friday and my coworker's new house he just moved into lost his fence.

Schools close here when it hits 70mph because it can flip busses and chip trucks on the highways. Good times. 100mph+ at the lighthouses too is something to experience.

Needs more throttle

ya, unless your snap made her look better.

You remove aggressive shit with water, not more aggressive shit.

Did you plan to use sulfuric acid next?

My snap probably made her look worse.
Sandra ain't bad and she's pretty nerdy, no idea if she's single though. Never heard her talk about a boyfriend.

It was in my hand already. What else was I supposed to use?

>see GSXR on CL
>"chromed out"
>"chrome frame"
>"chrome wheels"
Every fucking time, what is wrong with GSXR owners?

Literally anything, wiping it off with your hand would have worked better.

Link? I want to see this hell

They're black

chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/mcy/6068008871.html

chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/mcy/6068008009.html

It's not like they're that bad, I've certainly seen worse, it's just fucking annoying.

>voodoo exhaust

everytime

>brake cleaner
>aggressive

It's a degreaser, nothing else. If it ruins your paint you did something wrong.

tempting

sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/6080619600.html

>not just using kerosine to clean

I use WD-40 which is like 98% kerosene, then chain wax.

I prefer copper grease, gives that nice patina.

Paying out the ass on car insurance, I just looked in to motorcycle insurance. Significantly cheaper.

So now I'm looking in to buying new a YZ-07, or an SV650. Is there another bike I should consider for the same price used? (About 7-8k burger bucks)

I want to keep it under a liter as I have never ridden a motorcycle before.

Also what should I look for in riding gear?

Its practically just petrol

>went for a ride today
>practicing my wheelies
>every bike I see, I wheelie past them instead of waving
>towards the end of the day, coming back home
>see a big group of 15-20 motorcycle headlights coming my way
>empty road, popular for motorcycles
>shift down, prepare to wheelie
>wait a little bit, can't too see well at dusk
>don't want to wheelie if it's a group of trainee's
>literally a fuckhuge group of motocops going for a ride
>all riding in formation and in uniform
>shifted down when I saw them so I wasn't even speeding
wew lad, almost got my butthole blown apart.

got a pic of that? I have a gold DID chain

>5000 bucks for a k1 because it has some dumb bullshit.

Street triple, bandit/gsf600 or 400, cb600f/hornet 599, cbr600r f4i, fz6, know I'm missing some off the top of my head

Whats the nicest thing you can say about your bike?

At least mine sounds fast

It was nice looking before I wrecked it

She carries her weight well.

New tyre's nice, finally get to really see what my strip scrubbing skill are like.

Handles like a wet dream

those tires don't even look very sloped, are they touring tires?

>Handles like a wet dream
Disappointing?

Yeah people should realize a mod is just lost money. Besides improvements to the suspension and maybe exhaust all you've really done is loosen the bolts for them.

Don't think so, they're Battlax BT-090s. Probably just the angle from the photo.

Dunno, never had a wet dream, just exaggerating probably.

Me either. How can I make myself have one. A comfy dream with cummies sounds like heaven

what bike?

>never had a wet dream
Let me explain my experience.
Images being with the girl/guy of your dreams and (s)he loves you. You spend an entire day together, doing what you both like. Probably ending up in bed together.
And then you wake up alone in bed with wet underwear and the realisation you don't even have a chance with her/him.

I've had these dreams with cute loli's but never ejaculated.

>Whats the nicest thing you can say about your bike?
It has no competition.

It has no competition because it has no market

So you pee yourself?

No, you jizz your pants.

Appreciated.

Going to a dealer for riding classes next month.

>fz6
Pretty nimble handling for a 210+kg bike
And it has heated grips

You also dream about haveing sex with cute lolis? I have a weird recuring dream about having sex with a dead loli and keeping the corpse in my room.

You're right, and it's the perfect bike for me because I'm a special snowflake.

dude...

Why?

Any euros up? How bad is modern Peugeot in terms of reliability. They have a new dealership here.

>tfw my bike used to have no competition
>now a bunch of copycats

>tfw my bikes competition got worse over time

Like you never had a dream about having sex with corpses.

this is daily bike thread, not daily scooter thread

Because your brain can't differentiate between a dream and the real world.
So it sents signals to blast all the baby making juice.

Too much information

motocal.com/about/video-tutorials/app-tutorials

if you ever want to make a custom graphic Baird, go here.

>Peugeot

It's no longer the 60s. Taxi showed how much you need to work on one, but pretty subtle. He literally sleeps in the garage.

SHEEEIT
Eventually that might actually happen.
I really wanted to do pic related, would shell out a couple hundo for that.

Dragon lore would look better

Baby Viffer

>revzilla offering financing options

Sexy baiku user.

I just came across the site today. They have a lot of old graphic emblems for classic bikes. I was thinking about sitting down one day and trying to set up a nice 80s vibe graphic for a DRZ.

A paper towel.

Are you fucking serious?

She's very clean for her age, being 24 years old now.

ty

>red, white and green

Heres a question.
My bike is getting up there in the KMs and is pretty beat up. I'd love to give it a full rebuild and some new fairings in the style of pic, however I can also get a fresh import low kms in whatever style I want for $5,000. I love the bike to pieces but really its just the model.

Should I put the work in with a fresh engine, new suspension/rebuild and cleaning it or just pay up the cash?

In Finland motorcycles only pay insurance. There's no post-purchase taxes or inspections.

so no registration at all? neat.

Round headlights make me so hard

Shit taste
Marble fade or the celtic Lore pattern are the only acceptable skins, and the Medusa looks better than the dlore on the awp

How much did you pay for her?

>decide fuck it, I'll ride into easter holiday rather than take the train
>pack my shit
>gear up
>go to load up bike
>see this
RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT IT WASN'T LIKE THAT LAST NIGHT AT 10:30

Look at her lying there all helpless in a pool of her fluids ;__;

>tfw mine is 21 this year
I'm gonna give her a tank of E85 to force me to replace all the dodgy fuel lines I've been putting off