/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #479

''Blackwell Ninja'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11965358
strawpoll.me/12158769
strawpoll.me/12405766
strawpoll.me/12416723
strawpoll.me/12453760
strawpoll.me/12453759

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
nautil.us/issue/45/power/does-depression-have-an-evolutionary-purpose
youtube.com/watch?v=jl7hmjsLKI8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BFFs, Pirates, Partners in Time & Crime & In Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Max is #1

The Blackwell Ninja... strikes again!

We know, Chloe. Max is awesome.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

Rachel inadvertently caused the storm. She died and her anger towards the town caused a storm to start forming.
She realized she couldn't stop it so she gave Max a warning and power to save Chloe and help others (But couldn't directly tell her what was going on).

If Max goes back in time and saves Rachel, then the storm is stopped entirely. Jefferson and Nathan are arrested before they can hurt Chloe, Kate, and possibly others. Max still keeps her power but the timeline is fine.

>Wouldn't you think it weird if I started to argue vehemently on the idea that Max has a history of being sexually abused by her father? I

Unlike my theory regarding the condoms, there is no basis for that outside the game.

>I really don't see how you can like a character, relate to them, even as a person, connect on such a level as we do... and then go and use them like that, inject more sadness and bleakness into their characters, let alone for an effect the narrative already very much accomplishes.

I'm not using her. I'm filling in a blank. Like I said, the developers picked a bad place to put the condoms.

>It's primarily about your idea that they ~must~ means she's sleeping around that is absurd

It's not absurd to believe she's having sex with guys when she's carrying condoms in her jacket pocket.

>And would definitely read your elaboration on your stance on the ending. I will not do the tired greentext thing and take it apart to argue where I disagree and whatnot, I will just read it and perhaps reply on a more personal note on what I relate to in it.

You're welcome to pick it apart. I don't care. I know how I feel about the characters and the game. I wouldn't mind a conversation about it, whether it's a debate or not.

WE DID IT!

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

>there is no basis for that outside the game.
You mean inside? Again, I'm sure I would find something to base it on that is at least as "reasonable" as your going from condoms to prostitution against canonical facts - which is, completely un-reasonable.

>I'm filling in a blank.
You are using condoms to speculate on something that goes against canonical fact, and you do so, as you'd said in the post I replied to, because you think the misery of that situation would make her happiness worth more for you.

>It's not absurd to believe she's having sex with guys when she's carrying condoms in her jacket pocket.
No, that's just characterally and narratively inconsistent, unreasonable speculation. What is absurd is your idea that it can ~only~ mean she's sleeping around, there there could be no other reasons. That is literally absurd, because it goes against logic.

>You're welcome to pick it apart.
I don't want to though. I also know very distinctly how I feel about the characters and the game, and I don't care for debating such an integral part of it anymore as the ending decision. I would appreciate if you do give your personal, emotional stance on it, I'm just reminding you don't have to do so in a way of arguing against the other ending, or me. That's precisely what I don't want, because then it stops being about you and your relation to the game.

>WE DID IT!
Three threads in a row, or so!

We stronk, we loyal.

At best we'd agree that the condoms are misplaced. While I do have my thoughts on them and think dontnod have valid reasons of theirs, I agree that it would have been way more sensible to have them in her trash, or somewhere in her room.

Chloe did fuck people. There is no direct evidence for this, but it is implied and I do believe this. I think it was never for fun, not primarily by any stretch anyway, and I don't think she slept around as promiscuously as people casually assume even then - i. e. I think it was a handful of guys at most -, but I do acknowledge this.

Is that what you want? Yes, Chloe Price did, at some point, and probably more than one point, have dick in her vagina. I don't think she's naive and innocent. As I've said in the past, her being sexually more experienced than Max is something I very much like about their dynamic. They have aspects where they are respectively more mature than the other, or otherwise balance each other, a complementarity existing in that dynamic (or in some regards even where there's a certain imbalance, and then a resolve of that tension in their dynamic), and yes, this extends to their sexual dynamic for me as well.

And again, the narrative significance for me is the romance in it, their love. It's so brilliantly, uniquely explored in the game, in themes, scenes, emotions, thoughts, sentiments, characters, their relationship, its dynamic... I see it all revolving around their love, the powers as a literal manifestation of their love, the "power of love", all the supernatural shit and other narrative devices as symbolism and metaphor, analogy for the significance of their love, its strength and health and transcendence. The entire story, the created world, having at its beginning, core and center, and ending, their love.

...So within that ("romanticized") reading and appreciation of the story and the significance of their relationship, I just don't often want to ponder the all the everyday-realism of these characters as young teenagers, the psychology of it. It's a narrative I experience, value, appreciate and interpret, that I love, as this thing about love and their wonderful bond. A sentimental appreciation of that, a love story I have never experienced this authentically, that I feel so invested and connected to it, where it's so important to me.

To me, that would be like pondering Romeo and Juliet's sexual identities, their sexual pasts and their "romantical psychology"... When the story, the actual narrative, is about them together, their relationship and their love, its significance for that narrative, being its very purpose, the sentiment it was borne from and context it lives in.

Life is Strange is obviously more designed to be realistical, and contemporary, and as such does lend itself to personal relation and ponderings on its characters' beyond their narrative manifestation and "purpose", beyond the sentimental (and above all romantical) quality of it... but it is still a narrative, something inherently sentimental, and something fictional, as in, Chloe's past doesn't actually exist - she only exists as what we experience her as, narratively-emotionally-sentimentally, and in that, I really don't concern myself much with such "personalistic" teenage-realism, human everyday details of such a supposed past of hers. The past that counts is established in canon, and it counts to me only as what it is established there. Because that is what she is to me, what I feel about her, what means anything to me about her, in as much as it means something to the narrative and the narrative exploration of her character. Speculation on her sexual activeness based on the condoms, and let alone baseless, counter-canon speculation on prostitution, just don't give me anything.

>inside

Yeah. My bad. And I consider that a challenge. Please find evidence as easy to find and compelling as the condoms and I'll cede to your point.

>there there could be no other reasons.

I haven't heard any logical alternatives.

>As I've said in the past, her being sexually more experienced than Max is something I very much like about their dynamic.

Their dynamic is fascinating. Although Chloe is more experienced, Max has a greater level of maturity and takes a more assertive role. She has an inherent self-insight. She's an old soul. Max didn't need experience to tell her about herself. She already knew, but only had to gain confidence her in conclusions. It's a cool dynamic.

>because you think the misery of that situation would make her happiness worth more for you.

That's putting words in my mouth. I take a realistic look at the characters, the same way the developers tried to place them in a realistic scenario. Twin Peaks, one of the influences for the game, dealt with prostitution as well. I'm not looking to amplify her misery for greater redemption. I do not, DO NOT, want forced tragedy. I expected a bittersweet, but optimistic ending where Max and Chloe could be together and was unsatisfied with the conclusion, much like the majority of the fan base. I'm not trying to hurt Chloe more for the sake of raising her back up again. That was not my intent. I'm drawing a different conclusion from poorly placed evidence in the game than you are. It's a simple difference of opinion.

Please do not put words in my mouth like that. It's not conducive to respectful debate.

>And again, the narrative significance for me is the romance in it, their love.

And we diverge where I don't see how the two being incompatible. Being broken, disenchanted and a walking contradiction do not mean someone is not deserving or incapable of love. That just means they're in a hard place or going through a hard time.

Have a cutepost with my entry to the debate. Consider it a token at the altar of comfy.

>the everyday-realism of these characters as young teenagers

They're not young teenagers. In fact, Max and Chloe are at the end of their teenage years, being 18 and 19.

I don't like Rachel much as a character and less the idea of the three of them hanging out together. Amber craved attention and adoration. Despite sleeping with Frank, it wouldn't surprise me if she got jealous of Max and Chloe's friendship and forced a separation between them.

This condoms discussion is the most retarded thing to grace this general.
There's not even a discussion to be had. Chloe had them, had a phase she admits to, and it ended a LONG time before Max ever came back.
Chloe had some in her wallet that were leftovers because she never checks her wallet. Max finds them and Chloe throws them out.

THE END

The Prescotts caused the storm. They have knowledge of strange, supernatural occurrences that surround the native burial grounds.

When Rachel Amber took her bloodoath, she realized she gained time travel powers, and used them extensively to get perfect grades, make friends with everyone in Blackwell, and still be with Frank/Chloe. Unfortunately, she caught the attention of the Prescotts, and they kidnapped her and forced her to push her powers to the limit, creating a tear in space-time and summoning the storm.

They knew Jefferson was a fucked up individual, so they used him as the fall guy in case anyone found out about Rachel's death, on the promise that the Prescotts and the corrupt AB Police will bail him out (unbeknownst to them, he had Nathan as "insurance" in case they didn't follow through).

The storm was kept at bay after Rachel died and became a spirit guardian of the bay, but she couldn't hold it back enough, so she sent visions to Chloe's best friend, Max, warning her about the storm, and gave her powers when Chloe was about to die. The Prescotts saw the weather anomalies and knew the storm was coming again, hence Sean's email to Nathan about AB's "enema" and their "destiny".

>Please find evidence
I will not. I don't care at this point that you won't concede to the point. You have already admitted you don't really head-canon Chloe that way, also think it is purely speculative and not really reasonable to see her still having slept with people after Rachel, and that the idea prostitution indeed does not have to do much with the game.

>I haven't heard any logical alternatives.
So you literally think every human being on this planet right now, that is in ownership of a condom, is also sexually active? You don't see the logical reality of the fact that people own condoms without being sexually active? That is not only a logical alternative, it's a reality of human beings.
>It's a cool dynamic.
Hella cool!

One example where I enjoyed this contrast in different types of maturity was when, in the Diner, Chloe is quarelling with her mom, and then later goes "Yes, mom." when she's asked to put her stuff away. She's Joyce's little adorable brat, like that. Whereas Max sits there, finding it adorable; she doesn't live at home, doesn't even call her parents frequently, is more independent, finanically, emotionally, from her parents.

>It's a simple difference of opinion.
No, it's speculation against canonical facts, and I wonder why you insist on that speculation. It doesn't give the game anything. She already has had tragedy and misery in her past. Prositution only adds more, baselessly, counter-canonically, to no effect but misery. Well, and to "explain" two freaking condoms, at the cost of creating misery.

But I do admit I put words into your mouth there. Your explanation did imply that though.

>I don't see how the two being incompatible
Neither do I, because the narrative does already explore exactly that deserving and capability of love in such situations. Where we do diverge, and what I question the compatibility of, is loving a character like we do these... and then speculating on such miserable things for no good reason.

Well Rachel was never really a character. Just an idea and plot device, so any ideas of who she was can vary based on how the individual thought of her.

I don't think she would get jealous of Max and Chloe. Her shows that she really did care about Chloe and wanted her to be happy, so she hid the truth which would have hurt Chloe (Though hiding it ends up hurting her even more).
Max and Chloe being together is the best thing Rachel could hope for. Chloe is happy and has another person there for her, Rachel doesn't have to keep putting off Chloe's advances to avoid giving a definite answer, and she can tell Chloe the truth without leaving Chloe feeling totally alone. It would still hurt to learn the truth but they would have their argument and move on as friends.

Rachel did lie to multiple people and did have her own motives, but her friendship with Chloe did seem very genuine. There was nothing she would really get out of it by faking it.
Chloe kind of hints that Rachel would drift away from her at times, so that kind of disproves that Rachel was just making Chloe follow her. Seems more like it was Rachel trying to keep her distance to prevent things from escalating in a way she didn't want.
Because if she lied to Chloe about loving her, and Chloe found out, that would destroy Chloe.

I see no problems with Pricefield and Rachel as their friend. It's what the three of them wanted.

Her letter shows* that she really did care about Chloe...

>They're not young teenagers.
...Not my point. But yes, it's wrong terminologically to say young teenagers. But we were also talking specifically about their past, so you know...

>I don't like Rachel much as a character
We are of the same mind on this!

Rachel as a character simply does not exist to me, really. And while I don't think she was a bad person, feel for her tragedy on a level, the cruelty and morbidity in it, she had definite flaws, and doesn't transcend them in as much as she is not an actual character in the game. She remains a mystery, and not really a nice one. Her spiritual involvement in the game is interesting and I've had plenty to think and talk about with that, but I also absolutely think of her as something only having purpose being in the ground. Her being dead and buried is narratively meaningful, is how she has any meaning at all.

I do however think the three could have a cool dynamic together. Rachel was genuinely just not lesbian, and not into Chloe romantically... and she is suggested as a caring and loving person. Chloe didn't make that up, Frank loved her and she cared about him as well. She would be sassy and tease Chloe and Max, encourage them, "ship" them hard.

At least I like to think that. I also want her to stay dead. Don't really entertain the idea of her alive. She's meaningful to Chloe's character and the narrative as a dead non-character. She can be dear to people in the implication of a person... but for that there's just too little in the game, for me. How could I relate or grow close to this vague, contradictory implication of a person. Funnily enough, a lot of people do manage... but I've always suspected that's more tumblr's wet self-insertion dream. And primarily a female one, at that.

At least in the end Rachel is avenged and given justice, and the Prescotts/ Jefferson end up dead or in prison.
And Rachel either ascends to an afterlife or retains her position as guardian of a town she once thought she hated and couldn't wait to get out of (I kind of like that idea of her watching and learning to like Arcadia Bay)

Maybe at some point in the future a new threat emerges and Rachel must choose a new champion since Max and Chloe are off living together in peace. But this new hero and Max and Chloe can meet up and work together or meet up.

Oh, to add, yeah, while I like to think she would be sassy and encouraging and cool with them, I also wouldn't be surprised if she turned out having a streak of a vindictive bitch and tried to separate them, to some extent. Which she could obviously never manage.

If we are real, even all my ideas on what Rachel means to Chloe aside, after learning that she not only fucked with Frank, but also Mark, and wanted to bail on her own, I have a hard time seeing Chloe being willing to have much to do with her anymore even if she were alive. Rachel did want to tell her, and maybe Max could mediate between the two and they could kind of find a friendship again... but it is a literal betrayal of Chloe and as that obviously something that hits deep for her.

>she turned out having a streak of a vindictive bitch and tried to separate them
That sounds way too harsh and contradictory to everything hinted about Rachel

*even all my ideas on what Rachel means to Chloe - or rather: doesn't mean - aside...

I also think she is suggested as a nice person, as I said. I must assume she was caring and loving, otherwise Frank and Chloe wouldn't have felt that way about her. She did not literally cheat on anyone, and I also think her dishonesty was a way for her to try and make everyone happy. She did want to tell Chloe, she ended things reasonably and for valid reasons with Frank. At least that's the picture the letters paint.

But I at least wouldn't be surprised if she had a streak like that. She did swing drugs, she was involved with "bad boys" and liked them for their non-benign, darker sides, to an extent. She did apparently try to run away without Chloe.

So yeah, she's remains largely mystery of a person, and in that mystery, there's also place for a malevolent side of her. Samuel says she was positive and negative. There's idea on the storm being her revenge, maybe havnig been originally intended to be haunting Nathan even, with the cut line about his visions and his Rachel In The Dark Room madness, and such. I've always felt ambivalent at best about her.

>10
T-this isn't the answer /lisg/, p-please

>She's Joyce's little adorable brat, like that.
Chloe's face when she "only gets one damn slice of bacon today".

Also: Chloe's "Yes mom, I'm with my Max again. Don't even tell her I told you that I think I loved her. And yes, I'm currently in the process of realizing that I still am, and all anew am, all over." ...face.

Featuring: Max's quietly gleeful, understanding "I'm so giddy hanging out with Chloe again; her and Joyce are still the same." face.

>Chloe's abs
>Chloe's nail polish
>Chloe's condoms

I'm noticing a pattern here...

She's giddy because Kate jumped today.

You bastard.
Would Kate ever watch anime

I don't think that's why she really pulled that face.

It was more her feeling of isolation from her parent.

This is autism and this needs to die.

I was in /frz/ for years and I regret it. This is just as bad.

Bring on the downvotes.

Also think this assessment of it is pretty reasonable.

Her spiritual involvement is obviously something different from her personal one, but something decidedly more ambivalent I think. She could have been benevolently or malevolently involved, or both. Summoning the storm, or working against it. Amplifying it, or regretting it. Leading Max and Chloe into safety, or trying to deceive them.

If I do make theories about her posthumous role, I prefer to think she started out more malevolent, and gradually over the week mellowed out, ultimately regretting the storm at latest when Max and Chloe reveal the circumstances of her death and discover her body - then wanting to prevent the storm, or at least warn and save Max and Chloe from it. If we want to go deeper into the lore, the storm could also be aimed against the Prescotts, or obviously their doing, instead of Rachel's.

You weren't here for the abs thing!

Have you ever read it? It's a fun read, or at least the pasta it sparked is.

I'm just glad we can now (hopefully) move past "Chloe's condoms" just like we did her abs and polish. While we have different ideas on this aspect of her character (i. e. you think she was sleeping with people for fun and could still be; I think fun was not at all the motivation and she has grown to dislike meaningless sex), we do agree that it's very unreasonable to assume she was still sleeping with anyone after having met Rachel. Because of what she says, because of how she reacts. It would make her something she is not, even without going into nuances of characterization. And while I don't get why you would want to speculate on prostitution at all, let alone against canonical facts, we do agree that it is pure speculation with no real relevance to the actual game.

Perhaps, but this quarrel thing is not only pretty common in mother-daughter relationships (or parent-child relationships altogether), we know this is especially typical for these two. Max says at this "You guys are still the same".

Chloe loves her mother, and her mother loves her, and to a significant extent, they do still know this. Their relationship has suffered, and they both have their problems and some of those in some senses stand between them, and there are things they can accuse each other of (arguably Chloe Joyce more so than vice versa), but the little quarrel in the diner does not mean they are isolated from one another.

The opposite in some respects, really. They still interact, still care about each other and respect each other, and it's the same old, for the most part, despite Joyce's depression, David's shit at home, Chloe's irritable attitude with regards to him and her, and so on.

...And while I have a decidedly more romanticized reading and appreciation of the game than you do, we do agree that Max and Chloe's relationship is something precious, their dynamic interesting, their romance intriguing and touching, and that even if Chloe had taken a big fat cock just the weekend before the game week, she will now never again because she has her Max and Max has her, in a loving and loyal and committed (or me: all-transcendently and all-significantly loving, eternal and immortal) relationship. (Well, for you, Chloe is obviously dead and Max lives on without her, so it doesn't really matter for you anyway, but this just for the sake of argument.)

I'm gonna bail for the moment, so hopefully someone else keeps the thread bumped.

People are jealous of Chloe and try to put her down or boil her down into something far simpler than she is?

We're going to 500, and then we're going to 750, and then we're going all the way to ONE THOUSAND
BYAAAAHHHH

But will Molli draw us a picture for the occasion?

>But we were also talking specifically about their past, so you know...

Eh. Rachel went missing not long before the start of the game. It's unclear when she and Chloe met.

>Rachel as a character simply does not exist to me, really.

We learn enough about her second hand to get a good picture of her personality. Through Chloe, Frank and other minor character's dialogue, it's clear she enjoyed attention: wanting to be in the spotlight, be a model and make it in Los Angeles.

>She is suggested as a caring and loving person.

Definitely toward Frank, but some of that may have been co-dependency. Her letter about Frank scaring her referenced previous incidents that weren't as bad. He's considerably older than her, sells drugs and lives in an RV parked at a beach. Frank Bowers has a soft side, but he may have killed Pompidou's previous owner and sells date rape drugs to Nathan. He finds redemption, but not before fucking up a lot of people's lives.

Rachel didn't have a problem with Chloe burdening herself with a large debt to move to L.A. with her, despite not reciprocating her feelings. Rachel comes off as quite shallow and insecure, despite her outward confidence. She cared too much about the feelings of others, but also cared so little about them that she hurt them.

>Which she could obviously never manage.

Agreed. Max and Chloe would stay together. If Chloe was still bitter about Max leaving, she would stay with Rachel for a bit, but would eventually realize her childhood compatriot was her true friend and Pricefield would reign supreme as always.

>I have a hard time seeing Chloe being willing to have much to do with her anymore even if she were alive.

Agreed. Rachel is a shady person. Although outwardly caring, she uses too many of the cast members. Her relationship with Nathan and Jefferson is suspect as well. Overall she gives me bad vibes.

Let's see if I'm unbanned yet...

Compressed Depression!!!!

Related:
nautil.us/issue/45/power/does-depression-have-an-evolutionary-purpose

>You weren't here for the abs thing!

That poster wasn't me, but that is correct. I wasn't here for the abs debate. The pasta is delicious. Which threads contain the original debate?

I don't see the prostitution as anti-canon, but, like I've said, it's speculation and the condom placement was one of the many errors the developers made in a rush to produce the game within their budgetary confines. I'd assume put the argument to rest until either of us comes up with new evidence to support our assertions or you decide to find something pointing to Max being sexually abused...which is ludicrous.

>Well, for you, Chloe is obviously dead and Max lives on without her,

At this point I'm more third option than Bay. I chose Bay out of the two available endings for reasons I probably won't have time to get into today, but, as I've said numerous times, I'm not happy with either ending.

Even if Chloe had finished screwing Samuel in the boys bathroom minutes prior to Max saving her from Nathan, I would still believe that she and Max were meant to be together and form a great couple, free of infidelity.

Hello, Alice. Enjoying your carrots?

*Pets Alice's head*

Maybe if we're lucky and she pops her head in. If not, then she's certainly commemorated enough events in /lisg/'s history with her drawings.
I'm sure at least one of the content creators will do something.

>Alice cameo in Season 2 confirmed.

I am user, they're lovely.

Ooh, that feels nice. Could you scratch around the ears too?

Good. It would be horrible if you had to chose between a world where bunnies eat no carrots or Lisa dies after Max and Warren fuck on top of her then Frank spills beans on her leaves when he gets a turn while Chloe's tears salinate the soil, destroying her chances of regermination.

>Somewhere in the game you see a potted plant sitting with a rabbit
I would love little cameos like that. Seeing Max's pictures in magazines, or seeing Chloe's truck parked somewhere.

Of course
*Scratches behind ears*

Go away Michel.

You love the Koch. Don't deny it.

I want to see Chloe's truck parked somewhere with Max sitting in the passenger seat reading a newspaper that says "No environmental disasters or binary choice endings in Arcadia Bay this October."

What about if we use Quantum Mechanics to make the ending a (complex-valued) superposition between disaster and non-disaster?

As long as Alice stays in a box, the superposition will be preserved.

Or there's a photo of Max and Chloe married at a church that did not require rebuilding because Pricefield stopped the Prescotts from summoning the waterspout.

I want to bully Michel!

Pretty sure it was The Horus Statue. That thing made my hair stand on end.

I hope any cameos are based on a previous savefile. If it's just going to reference one ending over another then that's terrible.

Something like that could be cool too. With something like Max sitting in the truck it could be looked at from both ways. Either she's just sitting in the truck waiting for Chloe, or in the hypothetical Bay ending timeline Max took the truck as her own.

I would be amazed though if they outright showed Max and Chloe together. But that would either have to be confirming the Bae ending (Or canonizing a third option, which is fine with me if it wraps things up well).
They may just decide to avoid any conflicts and just set the game prior to October 2013. They can still sneak in some references but nothing definitive.

But I don't want to stay in a box. I like running around and being with my friends and family.

Maybe they could start S2 with the first few minutes playing as Max. You replay some altered scenes from S1 and find a better option that stops the storm entirely. Either stopping the Prescotts or saving Chloe in a different way like talking Nathan down.
Then it hands things off to the new protagonist, and maybe they will run into Max and Chloe later on.

Schrodinger's Bunny!

>saving Chloe in a different way like talking Nathan down.
>solving a mentally ill criminal in crisis with talking
>talking
>therapeutic intervention

That would make sense and fit the progressive world view favored by the game...which is why it won't happen.

Cool idea, but I'd rather they not include Max and Chloe outside of Easter Eggs and a cliffhanger ending or not include them at all.

Are you sure it wasn't Chloe making something else stand on end?

>Or canonizing a third option, which is fine with me if it wraps things up well
That's the best way of handling the game and satisfying the fan base. Adding DLC that includes a third option would be the best route.

Your family keeps you in a cage. How do you stand the injustice?

Patch the game like Valve did with Portal when making the sequel.
Change the ending scene to set things up to continue. Max makes her choice but then says she thinks she found another way, she does that and the new and final timeline is created.
Cut to the new character and setting up their story.
I'm interested if the Prescotts or Jefferson will play a role in a sequel. Villains that had potential but that weren't really used that much.

>Cool idea, but I'd rather they not include Max and Chloe outside of Easter Eggs and a cliffhanger ending or not include them at all.
*Cool idea, but I'd rather they not include Max and Chloe outside of Easter Eggs and a cliffhanger ending or omit them from the second season entirely.

For those who played Remember Me, apart from Chloe's panda keychain what are some other references from this game in LiS?

>Chloe's abs pasta
Elaborate/link plz?

Mama lets me out to stretch my legs. And Dorothy and I get to roam around at home.

I don't know about Remember Me but the strange text graffiti seen is a reference to one of the writer's books or something.

Bae!

The thread is sleeping, but Chloe is watching over it.

Maximum cuteposting!

>It's unclear when she and Chloe met.
It's suggested they met at Blackwell, which Chloe left two years prior to the game week. So she would presumably have had her phases around 15/16/17. But again, irrelevant. My point is just that I don't care much for speculation on that kind of stuff about these characters. They only really mean anything to me as what they manifest in the game, their past only in as much as it plays into that narratively, as a narrative sentiment, not an actual scenario or reality.

>picture of her personality
True, but while I would still say a little too vague a picture to make me care about her as a person, I meant she literally doesn't exist as a character to me. I mean, she obviously isn't an actual character in the game, and I also don't imagine how she lived, when she did. Like, I only very rarely have ever visualized in my mind situations involving Rachel as a character.

>Definitely toward Frank
I think she must also have been loving toward Chloe, otherwise Chloe wouldn't speak of her like she does. Obviously not romantically, but there must have been a close and caring friendship there between them, sometimes.

>She cared too much about the feelings of others, but also cared so little about them that she hurt them.
That is an interesting perspective. Well put, I think I dig.

>she would stay with Rachel for a bit
Yeah, if Rachel was alive at the start of the week, Chloe and Max's reunion might not have been as instant and perfect, if we do assume Rachel would actively try to prevent it from being so. (Though again, I like to think she'd actively encourage it. There's fun scenarios in that.)

>reign supreme as always
Pricefield, the battle-ship. We wor-ship it.

>Overall she gives me bad vibes.
Yeah, I see benevolence and malevolence. I. e. the ambivalence Samuel points to. Like, I could even imagine she was trying to deceive Max, via the nightmare, into giving up Chloe. Or something of that nature.

>original debate?
I will give it to you if you promise you won't start that argument again! :p

And no, Chloe did not keep in shape by running from cops! She's into swimming, skating, has a basketball in her room, Joyce is a good cook so she'd know to have taught her healthy eating habits, she has good genetics...

>anti-canon
But it is. It goes against what she says, so this would at least make her a liar. It goes against the fact that she was chronically broke and hadn't paid off a cent of debt. It goes against the fact that she is appalled at even just the idea of sleeping with the guy she did owe the money. It's not impossible, but it's also not impossible that she has the condoms because she has a dick - which is also baseless, useless speculation that goes against some canonical facts.

>which is ludicrous.
Exactly. Which is precisely why I won't go and look for evidence to build a delusional case around needlessly creating misery for the characters. Even if you insisted on Chloe being a confirmed prostitude, it would not be worth making such a case for Max to try and show you how that is delusional. I'd rather ignore you altogether, before I go and make such a case to convince you to stop making such cases yourself.

And thankfully you don't: you do admit it's pretty baseless, useless speculation. So let's put it to rest indeed!

>I'm more third option than Bay.
I can appreciate that.

>I would still believe that she and Max were meant to be together and form a great couple
I appreciate that. Always did.

Here's to more productive discussions and agreeable conversations between us in /lisg/'s great future!

I still don't like your shitposting, but you have cut back on it, and I obviously know that you aren't really all that obnoxious with it. And while I also will never appreciate the Bay ending as anything more than a way to reverse-emotionalize my investment into Bae, I definitely am interested in your personal and emotional relation to it.

Saturday night means it's time for pic related!

Chloe watching over her Max who fell asleep during the movie, and eating important pizza.

I'm also eating pizza and watching a movie rn; alas, no "Max" to watch over.

I'd love to stay up but I have a headache from hell.
I just want to pass out.

Take a medicine!

Chloe’s Seizure Inducing Abs – A Modern Parable.

Chloe Price lay back on the bed and sighed as Max Caulfield worked her lips slowly down Chloe's sculpted abs. Shivers ran though Chloe as Max paused her leisurely journey downward, taking time to run her tongue around Chloe's naval piercing. Simultaneously, Max's hands had just finished the task of removing Chloe's soiled panties. Knowing that the underwear wasn't the goal, but merely the goalkeeper, Max flung them over her shoulder without a second thought.

At that very moment, the door swung open and Victoria Chase entered, unlit cigarette in hand. "Oh good, your loser smoker friend is here. My lighter's dry and I need a nicotine dose stat so- what the fuck is this?!" Victoria stood motionless, eyes apparently focused on the point of union between Chloe's abs and Max's tongue. To add further insult to the situation, Chloe's soiled panties had struck the side of Victoria's head. Strangely, Victoria made no attempt to remove them.

Max was thoroughly embarrassed, caught performing a sex act on her best friend. It was inevitable that Victoria would hold this over her, either through gossip or using it as blackmail material. This shame would cling to Max's future as surely as Chloe's mucus encrusted panties clung to Victoria' left cheek.

"How can this unemployed druggie have such glorious abs!" Victoria suddenly demanded. "It's utterly unrealistic. She does nothing but smokes weed, which always makes people fat. Just look at what it’s done to Snoop Dogg!"

Both Chloe and Max were dumbstruck. It slowly dawned on them that Victoria's focus on Chloe's abdominal region was absolute. She apparently hadn't registered what Max had been doing to said abs, or even that Max had flung Chloe's panties in her face.

"You don't even have the money to go to the Gym. Fuck, it's so unrealistic. Anyone who thinks otherwise is literally retarded."

>Only 12 IPs
You faggots need to just stop.
Really.
Just fucking stop.

LiS is dead. Deader than dead, it's deader than Arcadia Baye.

You faggots look pathetic.

Fucking HELL.

It's cute that you care so much about us that you want to save us from looking pathetic.

But 1. it's pretty late for that... and 2. the last few threads have been more active than in months, hitting reply limit and 70+ IPs.

S- So go bully someone else!

Or don't, and keep bumping us.

Here, have an IP.

Lurkers are people too.

Here's to our lurkers.

Max dances for you.

>pic related

>I will give it to you if you promise you won't start that argument again! :p

Please send it along. As in this matter, your accusations that I ignore canon and regarding Chloe's lifestyle, I'm entitled to my opinions. She says during the swimming pool scene that she's had her pool time for the year, which indicates she either has something against pools and only swims in the ocean or does not swim frequently. She's definitely into skateboarding. Joyce cooks at a greasy spoon diner, a type of restaurant not known for healthy eating. Chloe eats bacon and typical diner food throughout the game.

She has an active lifestyle, which may include running from the police given her penchant for trespassing and disregard for the law. I'm happy to debate her lifestyle, but...her abs. That's a bit shallow and pointless.

As this point points out , engaging in such a debate is ignoring many more important and obvious topics of discussion within the game.

>I still don't like your shitposting

As Hunter S. Thompson once said, fuck em' if they can't take a joke. I paused when a few of /v/'s more militant denizens entered the thread in solidarity with the regulars. Once I have new material I'll start again. Expect a certain conservative religious zealot to make more appearances, but with a new angle to her diatribes.

I'm writing a movie, watching pro-wrestling and have started my six months of pizza abstinence in preperation for the weight gain inducing hormones I'll have to take while transitioning to a woman.

Fuck. You.

>>ywn taste Joyce's cooking (or daughter)

You can go to Two Whales and try the first, even towards the second and you're getting hit.
First by Chloe, then by Max, and then by David, and then by Joyce. Then by the ghost doe.

>Cosplay and Women Welcome

Shut up, Warren.

>She says during the swimming pool scene that she's had her pool time for the year
Oh, yeah, I suppose that's true.

The next thing I could point to would be hiking. We have that transition photo of her when she was younger, with a big hiking backpack. And when Max and her walk up the trail to the lighthouse, she's hella fast and calls for Max to "hurry up, slowpoke!".

>lifestyle
I mean, come on, I won't argue whether I can see Chloe ever having run from cops, but surely you know that the idea she'd have with such frequency that she's kept in shape due to it is completely ridiculous.

>Joyce cooks at a greasy spoon diner
Yeah, but she's still a professional cook. She would definitely know to prepare a variety of meals and be learned in matters of nutritional values and such. And as for the type of meals, it's more about how much you eat of it. Obviously there's more to healthy eating than calorie intake, and I do think Joyce makes sure to have healthy stuff around... but this was just about her slim figure, and then it's really enough to just not eat more than you need.

As you are currently having to, too. On that note: Good luck with your transition! I figure it's a pretty courageous step to make, at an advanced age no less.

>fuck em' if they can't take a joke
Oh, I can take a joke, but... Actually, let's not get into it. I hope your future material will be funny or clever, and here's a cheeky little secret between the two of us: I actually quite enjoy your overly zealous Kate persona.

>watching pro-wrestling
Did you know that in this general, we are convinced Victoria and Kate are pro-wrestling enthusiasts?

They go to shows and wrestle each other. Kate is merciless.

>Then by the ghost doe.
Chuckled heartily.

Does Warren cosplay as a woman?
>He can't get Max, so he becomes her
Hella creepy.

>he ends up liking it and attracts Nathan
oh god...

GO APE

youtube.com/watch?v=jl7hmjsLKI8

New contest from these guys.

>Guest judge Michel Koch

Oh that's easy, just submit Chloe guro porn and call it a day

Kek, just submit THAT webm (you know the one) and he'll personally invite you to the office

WHAT WEBM

>Warren's dorm?

The possibilities! Submit it with his walls full of the photoshops he has in his nightmare locker and so on.

The one where Jefferson rapes Max before/after he shoots her in the head

Neat. Someone should draw the inside of the lighthouse or I'd love to see Max's house/room in Seattle.
Or maybe a Pricefield apartment if that counts.