/lite/ - RogueLITE General

pain edition

Last Thread: >What is this?
A place to discuss all rogue-lites and related games and topics. Examples: The Binding of Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, Faster than Light, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy.

>List of Some Rogue-lites (W.I.P)
pastebin.com/rwnYefeG

>Steam Rogue-lites
store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Rogue-lite/#p=0&tab=NewReleases

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/rogue-lite

>EtG character ideas
pastebin.com/Up96YEYk

>/ntg/ Pastebins
Character Ideas pastebin.com/JnGYReQj
Crown Ideas pastebin.com/TjhD5NAk
Soundmods pastebin.com/bAtMbDCV

Did Eggmund do this to us?

did the last thread 404?

yeah

anyone up for NTT?

Since we might be dying, would anyone want to go to cripple chan? It'd stop us from 404ing every other hour

>8gag

No, what we need is discussion but we're out of things to discuss. Antibirth is in limbo, Afterbirth + is shit, NT is dead and Gungeon isn't very popular anymore. Should... should we just end it all here, /lite/?

It's not like you'd have to post on /v/ or anything you can just make a thing that's solely for /lite/.

Never. We're all going down in this sinking ship together. or we could just invade /rlg/

isn't /rlg/ a circlejerk general?

Maybe? that's not really the impression I got from my time there though. Granted, it was pretty short.
The real question is is this NOT a circlejerk general?

well, you got me there

We're a circlejerk general only because there's no new content and we're part of a genre that's slowly dying.

if we die enough, we can invade the indie general. That's how that works, right?

yeah

>pick up gungeon
>loving it
>find /lite/
>it immediately dies

fuck the marine's past

If you think it's bad on marine, wait until pilot rolls around.

We could lurk there to see how slow their threads go first, then suggest merging if they're slow enough.
Fast generals tend to be the ones that despise the idea of merging the most, simply because it doesn't help them in any way.

I think they're one of the slower generals on this board so we might be able to share. Hopefully they wouldn't be too up in arms about it. I could see a bit of contention with it though, just because tradition roguelikes can be drastically different from roguelites.

Not exactly sure what I wanted to accomplish by doing this (two times in a row, had enough energy for two uses), but shit was fun, and I killed at least one of little ones. Had rather lackluster damage.

So...
Who's going to be the one to say something in/get shouted out of /rlg/?

I can I guess. I think we should get more of a consensus on it first though. You know, consensus from all 6 IP's in this thread. maybe try and keep it alive a bit longer so any other regulars have a chance to see and can give their input? idk

i love the times when i could bump but i don't
it just feels so nice

I'd suggest /indie/ more than /rlg/. Even if /rlg/ is closer to the topic of this general /indie/ is a lot more friendly towards /lite/ posters. Mainly because they like anyone who can keep their threads alive.

Let's N O T go to /indie/.

I guess we can try both of them depending on how things play out / the responses we get.

Why exactly are you opposed to it?

I would rather not talk about it.

that's fine I guess. I was just wondering if it's a good reason (by which I mean something everyone here should care about in terms of moving there) or something more personal.

What's the average time you guys took to find the caped bullet five times? Also, is there a way to know how many times you find him already? I think it died on me one or two times from poison on the ground, but I'm not sure. Thank god I'm not taking so such time between encounters like some people keep saying, it's been usually once every two or three hours.

Is the bullet any good, anyway? I hated the robot.

the bullet is insanely OP

the whole game I had felt bad about killing those cute guys. It's nice to let some of them live

Why doesn't Breadmund just give up and make an actual bullet hell game, since that's clearly what he spent the last two DLCs trying to turn Isaac into?

>here's a boss with HP that scales with your damage so you never feel strong fighting it. it's attack is that it throws hurricanes of bullets at you
>here's another one
>here's another one

He gets off on the game being hard, but not fun hard, like Dark Souls or Antibirth, but just hard.

Suggestion: If you wish to discuss things, why not Our Darker Purpose?
>Inb4 Legend of Bumbo is just Touhou