Porsche thread

Is there any carmaker more based?
The only 2 problems porsche has ever really had was the ims bearing problem, easily fixed....and the carrera gt KILLING PEOPLE cause it required skill.

Porsche is seriously based.

Other urls found in this thread:

automotive-fleet.com/news/story/2015/11/porsche-recalls-macan-suvs-for-fire-risk.aspx
jalopnik.com/porsche-will-replace-the-engines-in-every-single-911-gt-1545737774
blog.caranddriver.com/porsche-recalls-13500-panameras-and-cayennes-for-fuel-tank-seal-issue/
jalopnik.com/nooooooo-first-porsche-918-spyder-burns-to-ground-in-g-1640157724
digitaltrends.com/cars/porsche-recalls-2012-911-due-to-fire-risk/
youtube.com/watch?v=UTVTOdb4znA&feature=youtu.be&t=317
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I know it's blasphemous, but I wish they made a mid-sized daily comfy-mobile. Something not as big as Panamera and not as low and stiff as 718/911. Sadly it's never happening.

Mom look I posted it again!

automotive-fleet.com/news/story/2015/11/porsche-recalls-macan-suvs-for-fire-risk.aspx

jalopnik.com/porsche-will-replace-the-engines-in-every-single-911-gt-1545737774

blog.caranddriver.com/porsche-recalls-13500-panameras-and-cayennes-for-fuel-tank-seal-issue/

911 is bigger than ever and base carrera is not that stiff or low

jalopnik.com/nooooooo-first-porsche-918-spyder-burns-to-ground-in-g-1640157724

this is pretty funny, actually

911s tend to be notably more reliable than the rest of their lineup

Oh, yeah... the Beetle *does* kinda look like a small 911, doesn't it?

>porschefags BTFO

do you have a job or are you a straight up NEET?

Porche sucks lmao

>I'm 13 years old and have no idea what I'm talking about

>found out what was causing the problem
>replaced ALL engines for free
porsche is unironically one of the best car producers in the world, they have nice entry level luxury cars with good power and good daily driveability

Don't bite

samefag

samefag

kill yourself Alphonse

Alphonse you dumb nigger.

ayy

i don't know if i could buy a cayman knowing that porsche intentionally gimped it so it wouldn't compete with the 911

are there any cheap porsche models i can get off CL without being called a poser

Someone will always call you a poser

Stop being so insecure about what bitter people think

i don't care what other people think
the cayman S is a good car but no LSD because porsche want you to pay more for a 911

So get an LSD

There's three types of people will react to a Cayman
1. omg its a porsche
2. People who don't care
3. Idiots who parrot "NOT A REEEEEEAAAAAAAL PORSCHE" because their automotive knowledge involves being an obnoxious twat in order to fit in with other obnoxious twats (mostly Veeky Forums)

Why would you even care about the opinion of #3?

people that will*>obnoxious twat
Who doesn't know shit about cars and just parrots other obnoxious twats to fit in with said obnoxious twats* Again, mostly Veeky Forums

lel who cares what the busriders here think?

Nope.
924/944/928? Engine's in the front, not a real Porsche.
Base Boxster? Girl/fag car, couldn't afford the S.
Boxster S? Couldn't afford a Cayman, huh?
Cayman? Couldn't afford a 911.
996? FRIED EGG HEADLIGHTS LOL, also watercooled = NOT A REAL PORSCHE
Aircooled 911? Expensive as all fuck even for a rolling shell.

Or just stop worrying about what people think and get a car you enjoy.

I saw a white '87 Carrera Cabriolet at a car show. Never saw one in person or got the whole Porsche thing until then. It's such a charming car, and from what I hear, a wonderful driver that can go many miles with good servicing.

Pic semi related, on my dream car short list. Can't decide between hardtop or Targa.

2005 997 Carrera 2 or 2008 e92 M3, that is the question.

he doesn't care what other people think. he's talking about the personal principle of not buying a purposely gimped car.

The 997 would probably cost less to maintain, although the E92 has that sweet V8 and actual back seats.

Go drive 'em both and buy whichever you prefer.

digitaltrends.com/cars/porsche-recalls-2012-911-due-to-fire-risk/

>944 turbo
>928 S4
>914
>being called a poser

You have no idea what you're talking about.

This. That samefag is too stupid to understand he's not going to support a company that purposely makes a car slower to keep it at a price point and to save it's baby.

>build engines that catch fire
>porsche-fag applauses if he doesn't burn to death

I just mean there's always the cunts that immediately write anything with the engine in the front off as "not a real Porsche".

A real Porsche catches fire.

>samefags the hell out of the thread whining about Porsche and calling everyone else a samefag
>can't accept that multiple people find his retardation retarded
Christ this place has gone to shit

>still not understanding what the original poster actually meant
the fuck is wrong with you

Been looking at this carrera 4 for a while now. Might take it for a test drive soon, only downside is it doesn't have pdc's,it's a 4 and it has black interior.
Althought dem 4 hips look sexy as hell.

>Veeky Forums is one person
Sorry homie, I just thought you were fucking stupid.

Boring desu....

I bought a Macan Turbo

Sadly there are no exciting 911's under 50k.

My condolences

Did it catch fire?

No you didnt

VW should get someone to create a proper Poorsche. The new bug is both hideous and slow.

Thank you...

Not yet

I wish I hadn't

How bad of an idea is it for a college student to get a 944 with no garage or space to work on it myself?

Pretty bad

if you have to ask you can't afford it nigger

Utterly terrible.

Got to drive a '68 911 the other day. That guy was pretty nice, actually loved talking about his car and let me take it for a quick lap around the parking lot of the car show we were at. If I had boomerbux I'd have bought one the next day. On the other hand, there was another guy with I'm guessing a mid 70's 911 that was incredibly betadefensive about it.
>try to make small talk, ask him what year his car is
>instantly gives me death glare
>"Older than you"
>decide to be an asshole
>"Nice rims, are those stock?"
>"No, no they're not."
>"Oh, I thought the chrome was a little too flashy. Don't worry, it doesn't look too ghetto."
>just keep walking while he fumes
>later on, walking down where he was parked
>he's pulling out into the main road and notices me
>most people would hoon/rev/etc., he tries to leave as quietely as possible.
>guessing it was a "look at me being so mature" shtick
>stalls
>smirk at him as he overrevs and guns it.

Porsche drivers are either the most based or asshole owners, there's so little in between it's ridiculous.

Anyone can google Burning (car).

>no space to work on it
yeah no. I saw a guy on the highway driving one and jesus Christ every time he put the gas on he poured smoke out the exhaust, I tried to tell him but he kept revving it to get ahead of me in my gti.. I didn't want to race him. theyre mechanically... unfit for daily use.

look up their hybrid cars.. they had hybrids 50 years ago and nobody wanted them.

youtube.com/watch?v=UTVTOdb4znA&feature=youtu.be&t=317

>entry level
I'm a big porsche fan, but let's not straight up lie here. A proper 911 starts at 100k, and even a 718 is $55k. They used to have the 944 and 928 which were real entry level cars, but they don't have anything similar now. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not true that they have entry level cars.

997 Carrera 2S are fucking amazing cars, and really not that expensive. Plus, you can get a stick

I've driven my uncle's 997 Carrera 2S with the carbon ceramic brakes and I can tell you it's one hell of a car for the money. Sure, it's not a turbo or a GT3 but that car has so much potential, and the entry cost is not too high. Plus maintenance is reasonable since Porsche keeps parts in stock

MSRP of the 944 was $43k starting towards the end of its life, which is right in line with the 718s adjusted for inflation

And the 928 was supposed to be a replacement for the 911, it's MSRP was $29k in 1978, which is well over $100k adjusted for inflation

Yeah, I meant 924, not 928. Small fuckup there. Didn't realize the 944 was so expensive though

Yeah Porsche has been really consistent with their pricing, save for the 911 which has basically doubled in price since 1964

Then again in their own words "An entry level Porsche is a used Porsche"
Even the owner's manual for my Boxster flaunts about how most Porsches ever made are still on the roads

I would want a hybrid 911 now as long as it was faster and not just for the sake of mpg.

Why not both?

the hybrids are faster, did you not watch the first episode of the Grand Tour?

the porche's EV allows immediate launching power and additional power while the gas engine catches up

the only time it didnt win (as they kept redoing shoots) it was still always 2nd and barely 2nd, but it blew everyone out the other times when it won

my dad has a 69' 2.7T

it's very nice. I love the noise.

I was like this, but man once you see a realy rare one up personal it really makes an impact on you

why does this trigger so many people? lol

What's upsetting people here? That a Porsche and a VW look similar?

Don't tell them about the Audis...

Don't. A 944 is the definition of a project car.

>can't afford it
>nigger
Yes he can, it just won't be running.

Thats what their low end SUVs are for, poorfags like you

Im pretty sure its by an entire 2"

>tfw I live in a state that REQUIRES front and rear license plates

I test drove a 991 911 Carerra S recently

Do NOT buy one without at least Sports Chrono (for sports mode) and ideally suspension

The one I drove literally had nothing but some faggy interior and it was extremely un-impressive.

Bump

I hate the way sports chrono looks so much. Completely ruins the interior.

Gotta love ruining that resale

I think it looks fine