MSRP: From $25,495

MSRP: From $25,495
Horsepower: 200 to 205 hp

>shit tuning platform too
L M A O

>200-205

Weren't these 24000$ like 2 years back for the same shit?

These sell for $28-$30k. That MSRP isn't accurate

I bought mine for $17K with 35K miles.

Tbh i think it was fair, and i enjoy it.
It has it's negatives like the hp/ torque canyon.
But its a blast on track days & autoX events.

But to each their own,

>17k
>205hp

lol

MSRP: $18,556
Horsepower: 206
Torque: 198 lb/ft

>its a fucking Kia

Why did you bump this?

They're shitposters, it's what the do bump and samefag their threads

I'll just leave this here...

I'd rather have a slow car than no car

sooner or later every car will be a corolla

>implying I don't have a car

Nice try at making yourself feel better about your poor decision to buy a shit box

>1k more for a 370z with 105hp more

Get a better car instead of settling down for a slow car and trying hard to justify it

>Implying you're getting it anyways

I can taste their tears

This man speaks the truth.
It began with iM; it will now consume all others.

What car do you have?
I would have got superior Cayman but I can't afford the Porsche maintenance. It's fun to drive and I live near great backroads so I'm happy

Why are there two civic type r lap times?

Well you're happy with your car so good for you.

So you can spend $4k more and get the better in every way 370z? Hard choice.

Some of us are white.

>bitch about no new sub 30k rwd fun handling coupes that aren't miatas
>Toyota attempts to please you
>bitch that they're too expensive and underpowered
This is why nobody bothers to touch the Miata market stateside, you faggots are too busy flinging shit to even drive them.

>better in every way
Stock for stock sure but if I'm throwing money at tuning I'd rather have that 4K pay for that instead of a more expensive car.
Also, some of us aren't fans of cars that look like literal slugs

this, if used 07+ 350z is best deal, i wouldn't get a 370 because it looks like absolute shit

the GT86 is truly the ultimate meme mobile.

It's not that it's a shit car, it's a decent car, but it doesn't exist in a vacuum, people.

Don't get me wrong I actually like the 370Zed post facelift but it's a daily driven sports coupe and attempting to take it more seriously than that will result in hurt feelings

If you buy a car with dealer markup over MSRP then you're retarded. Most cars you can get significantly below MSRP.

Fixed your 86 senpai

Porsche maintenance isn't that expensive

I think its a nice looking car. Still 25k for 200hp though. In a coupe, no less.

Ever since it came out I've wondered what I'd be willing to pay. I think 19k is fair.

>I think 19k is fair

False dichotomy pleb

well what do you think it is worth?

25k out the door

>hates cars that look like slugs
>likes the toybaru

I'd rather take the Miata and it's 150hp

LOL as someone who works in a performance shop, yes it is. EVEN IF you get lucky and just need normal shit fixed on occasion, the parts are MUCH more expensive, and the labor hours on a porsche are generally higher. Compared to a simple car like the FRS (I don't even like it), a porsche is insanely more expensive to repair.

Get a wing on the 370z and it looks way better.

it's the taillight/headlights and more rounded rear end, Z's don't look better with spoilers

You have shit taste.

i don't, 350z's looked better

Completely shit taste. Your opinion is 100% invalid.

You should have just got a used HR for cheap but ya blew it and bought an uglier car for alot more, congrats user.

I don't own a 370, but you're dumb as fuck and have garbage tier taste.

what do you own a Hyundai?

350z doors are made of crayons.

they scratch easy too, i'd still get an +07 with under 50k miles for like 16k then use rest of the "370z money" for upgrades

Why would I get that slow shitbox when I can get this for the same price?

World record holder for most car of the year awards, less than $26k must butthutt the super poor so bad.

It's officially faster than the Hennessy Venom GT as well, and capable of lapping the ring faster than a vette, well just being capable of lapping the ring makes it better than anything american.

Because the 86 is a better drivers car

Because mustangs are as common and boring as a Honda Civic.

i plan on buying one in a year or so to go along with my gti

Because then you'd have a ford

Because I want to be able to take turns.

One says prototype and the other one doesnt

>Got Open flash tune
>new header
>torque dip gone, actually puts the full 200hp to the wheels now
>pretty fast little car

Honestly anyone shitting over it is retarded, I see guys in BRZ/86s constantly stomping people in BMWs and STIs at autoX events.

>can't afford Porsche maintenance
It doesn't cost much at all until you need to replace coil packs and spark plugs, but that is every 70k. You're looking at 1500 for both at the same time, and that includes oil change and filter change. Go check how much that shit costs for the BRZ. The difference is minimal.

>BMWs
>autoX
Luxury landbarges aren't good on tight handling courses? Gee user, who would've guessed?

The GT86 has set the same Nurburgring lap time as the 1987 BMW E30 M3.

I love this meme. M-MUH TSUKUBA LAP TIME LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO BTFO BY A CIVIC HIW CAN THEY COME BACK FROM THIS

Shut up retard.

>mad BRZfag
Stay btfo

That's some superb reading comprehension right there.

????????

I said beating a BMW at autoX isn't impressive.

This

I was fucking agreeing with you, dipshit.

The FRZ/BRZ/GT86 is a car for people who are not really into driving or motorsport at all but who want to experience a little bit of it.
The car provides a safe and limited base and is focused to providing this experience. It is by no means about performance.

this
and this is the reason why we have a big amount of people liking it ("i can haz racing experience while going 40 mph") and a big amount of people hating it ("this car has 0 to -1 performance") with no people in between

>for people who are not really into driving
>but who want to experience a little bit of it
Most retarded shit I've read all day.

The BRZ meme is based on "I bought this car. I will now meme about it to support my purchasing decision." and people who don't give a shit pushing back with track time memes, and then the BRZfags getting mad and responding with track time memes, and it snowballs from there.

>I will now meme about it to support my purchasing decision
I think they're just overflowing with happiness because driving it hard through the twisties makes your face hurt from smiling.

It is exactly how I wrote it. Young people with no driving experience, older guys who drove family cars their whole live - put them into a 300hp+ car and they would die for sure. The BRZ allows you to feel fast and have the handling of a race car without dying. I'm 100% sure if they sold the car with 250 hp turbo for this price people would die nonstop. I mean, they crashed this car while going at 15 mph around corners ...

This is what I said. You have the fanboys (like apple) who need constant reassurance that they drive a race car and you have the performance-oriented group, who care about pure driving and skills. Sure they clash. The BRZ people would fit perfectly to other non-enthusiast, but there they don't get any acknowledgment for their car.

the same reason ''a fucking SUV'' isn't at the cayenne turbo S at 7:59
The truth is even worse than the meme

17k also gets you a 130hp Corolla

lol

TMIC in the cabin?

This is perfectly fine. Power/weight is a performance term and means nothing to BRZ owners.

what means something to BRZ owners then? Power, weight, speed and performance doesnt matter to them by this logic

Handling and reliability

The BRZ is a nice looking car, is subjectively fast, other people call you a sports car driver / owner, handling, cheap, low maintenance

This is BRZ vocabulary

And you can drift because you have a 'differential'. (own comment: and prius tires). But you don't do it or only on wide spaces because it's dangerous.

A problem is the missing identity.
If you look at Miata drivers, they don't care for performance, reassurance and all the shit BRZ drivers need. But Miata drivers drive a Miata, and that's their image. And they stay with their fellows and are happy. The BRZ has no identitiy at all.

You can easily kill yourself in a car with 20bhp. I personally know someone who got launched out of a smart car, and someone who died in a 60bhp VW Polo after losing control in a corner. For the price of the 86 you can get plenty of more powerful cars.

You make it sound like this car is specifically being sold to people who couldn't handle "actual performance", like, they want to buy a Mustang GT, but the dealership says "no boy, go to Toyota, get an 86 first". Are you retarded?
People buy this car because they can't or don't want to afford a proper sports car. Not just because of the price, but also maintenance cost, fuel economy and practicality.

If a BRZ driver says "Look at my car, it's a fast sports car and handles really well. It is all about driving." The answers look like the following.
Normal guy: Cool, don't care, need to get from A to B with stuff.
Performance drivers: It's fucking slow and no sports car at all.
Miata driver: I don't care, look at my Miata.

That is their dilemma.

>reliability
This is a terrible argument

subjectively fast?
what? .. to who?

>other people call you a sports car driver
How is this important at all? hopefully you didn't buy the car to impress people

>cheap, low maintenance
Yes, because its not a fucking sports car

This ^^^^^^^^

Those who care knows it slow as shit.
To normal people they might think it looks nice but other than that they dont give a fuck

Its like BRZ owners care more about how they look to others. its the new boy racer car

You got me wrong but I agree with you.
I said if the typicall BRZ clientele bought performance cars, they'd won't be able to handle it. That's all. Not the other way round.
You last two sentences are perfectly correct.

subjectively fast to the driver
>How is this important at all? hopefully you didn't buy the car to impress people
it is important for BRZ drivers, that's why they brag everywhere about their cars until performance drivers appear
>Yes, because its not a fucking sports car
Yes, you are right.

>I said if the typicall BRZ clientele bought performance cars, they'd won't be able to handle it.
I strongly disagree. You're implying that the group of people who can't afford to own a performance car is the exact same group that couldn't handle a performance car.
I've been in several 500bhp+ cars and the only problem I had in them was resisting the urge to break the law constantly. If anything handling an R8 spyder at 300kph is easier than handling my 86 at 230kph. And then there's people who can't even handle a 200bhp RWD car. 86 drivers are completely mixed bag in terms of driving ability, speaking from personal experience from 86/BRZ meets. What they all have in common is a slim wallet.

BRZfags rely on ignorance to have a "good" car, when they spout tons of shut about it like a fecal sprinkler. As soon as someone has a better car or knows their shit appears they duck behind MUH FEELS. Much like feminists, really.

>buy turd off craigslist for $5000
>sink $20,000 into it

Mmm yes that's what I'd rather do

fear not there is a slightly more powerful version

There are several cars available which offer superior performance for the same or even less money.

Name just one without significant compromises in practicality.

Pro tip: hot hatches are even further away from actual sports car.

This doesn't matter to BRZfags because they already bought it on monthly payments with heavy early return fees. The only way to overcome buyer's remorse is to meme on internet forums.