Anyone love/hate their car?

I recently got a 66 Dart and i cant make up my mind on it.

On one hand, i love finally having a classic car. It feels amazing to drive. I love the attention it gets even if it is just a shit box.

On the other hand, part of me just wants to sell it and get my money back and get back to driving my new DD. Also the fact that even if i dropped a hemi in it (which i dont have the skill/time/$ for), it would still be a grandma car; and there arent really any redeeming factors about the slant 6.

Dont get me wrong, ill have another classic one day. But hopefully itll be in better shape and i wont be living in an apartment.

Anyone else not able to make up their mind if they like their cars or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

bigblockdart.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>there arent really any redeeming factors about the slant 6.
I don't know who you think you are but the slant six is one of the greatest engines to come out of Detroit.

>get back to drivimg my new dd
Drive the Dart on the weekends/when it's nice out?
>grandma car
When it was new, yeah, not anymore
>love attention and how it feels to drive
Why get rid of it then?

>Also the fact that even if i dropped a hemi in it (which i dont have the skill/time/$ for), it would still be a grandma car
>not wanting a sleeper that looks slow but can actually do 0-60 in 4 seconds

Hemi isn't feasible but 383/400 is.

bigblockdart.com/

If you stick a 440 crank in a 400 you'll stroke it to the Torque god, 451.

I remember seeing your thread a few days ago. Thought you were going to trade it for an impala desu senpai?

I know what you mean, I really love my car but I've been having non-stop drivetrain issues and another one pops up every time I fix something. I'm just going to wait 2 years till its 25+ years and go LS meme engine with it.

>Dodge Dart
It was the cheapest car available at the time. They are cheap now. The only redeeming factor is that these cars make a fine daily. So sell your other shitpile.

Theyre great reliable motors, but no power or mpg unless you mod the hell out of them kinda sucks.
Its true that i guess its cooler now than when it was new, but its still the 4 door which nobody wants so its not even worth much if fully restored. Im gonna try to sell it at a Mopar show for 2500.
It would be a cool sleeper, but thats gonna be a long time and a lot of money to get it there; all of which an E3 doesnt really have.
Idk about an impala, but i had some guy offer a 77 Labaron which at the time seemed cooler (318 and side pipes), but i found out that theyre even less desired than a 4 door slant 6.

Other shitpile is a 2017 taco which i plan on keeping for the next 20 years.

But if you know anyone who wants a daily driven 66 Dart with some rust for 2100, hit me up.

>but no power
bruh the single barrel is making 215 ft lbs at 2800.
That's fairly stout.
If you do the Supersix upgrade it can be run even harder.

There's a lot of hidden power in old straight sixes i'm telling you and Dart's are fairly light cars as well.

Its just odd. One day im in love with the car, the next i just want to sell it

Where is the car located?

I always go back and forth between wanting to sell my MR2 and not wanting to sell it. I have a DD and hardly ever see the MR2 since it's garaged an hour away from where I live.

I'd make a nice profit from the sale because I got it off of a family member for $100 and could easily turn around and sell it for ~$7,000 but I also feel like I'd hate myself for getting rid of it because I love having a car I can blast through corners with and still get 30mpg, all on top of having that Toyota reliability.

Mobile Al

>taco
>plan on keeping for the next 20 years
So why did you buy a 4-door with a slant 6?

Cause cheap old car that drove. Am i not allowed a toy?

Hmm

That's a flight. Wouldn't mind the drive back but.....

Dang

My corolla is comfy when stationary but the suspension is hot garbage, the cloth seats soak up smells, and it's fucking gutless even for a commuter, and considering the very reliable corolla meme tax a civic or a miata would have been better for the money.

I want a Z car because I'm a manchild but don't want to get raped by insurance

Yeah I know how you feel.
I like having a classic, but its such an unreliable piece of shit that Im constantly considering selling it.
I always end up changing my mind after I finally get it running, only to change it back when it breaks down again the very next day.
Its stressful having to wrench on it in the dead of night while hoping the apartment management doesnt find out.

My 16 Kia Rio.
The plainest piece of tin out there, but it gets me from A to B.

Payments/Term?

$299 for exactly 6 years

What do you have?

I mean, if you'd discount the price by the amount of my plane ticket.

slant 6 is very stout, throw a big tarbo on it.

How much is your ticket?

Anyone know whatelse i can do to try and tune the engine? Its got new plugs, wires, electric distributor, timing is all the way forward.

My 13 Tacoma looks nice, has a nice interior, relatively good power behind it, and good MPG.

It just lags a lot on the throttle, loses traction fairly easily in snow/ice, and doesn't tow well.

Didn't have a choice in what car I got as my parents gave it to me.

Still love the thing, its my first car.

Wish I had a Hilux sometimes.

To Mobile would be ~$350

>Ford KA
>Can't sell it
>Mum insisted on buying it for me
>Free car

Hmmm.... its tempting.. shame that there isnt a way to PM someone on here

My 82 rx7. It's such a pain in the ass and Im afraid its gonna break all the time, I've already swapped the engine and spent so much money on it, I get so pissed off that I have it, but man anytime I go downstairs and see the shape of the car, I can't help but love it.

a beat to hell 66 f250

Drop an SRT-4 Neon engine in one mated to a T-56.

Keep the black steel wheels, and faded as fuck black paint slam it on lowering blocks and lower your torsion bar suspension.

Have a daily driver that gets 25mpg and 320 wheel horse power with a plush ass bench.

you guys can make temporary emails and trade contact info that way

www.throwawaymail.com

Im down.

Or he can just find my add on Mobile CL