/ng/ - Nioh General

Just chilling edition

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.
Smaller clans receive more rewards in battles.

List of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/CayVK8TG (updated)

Graves and revenants info:
pastebin.com/9bYH0Nf8

Maxed guardian spirits:
imgur.com/a/q0bu4

First for Tome lewds

what lv weapon should i have for the end of ng+?

>Eeee

I'm sure you can get by with 150 + 5
always aim for the best; 160 + 10

yeah, i had +5 before the end of the 3rd region and now i've only got DK revealed left but i'm still +5

I'll keep asking this, but is it possible to have "Received Elemental Attack Damage" on armor other than chest?

No.

Okatsu a shit

Found the Yasanki on the right a few days ago and another three today while farming. Shame about the other two being shit. Using those two should make farming with firebird pretty fun.

What do you get for beating Nue in the cat level?

a trophy

Oh. Is it hard? I didn't bother because I had a lot of Amrita and just wanted to find a shrine.

>beat game
>"oh fuck a sequel?"
>these extra missions

heck that was some shit

nobunaga/ice bitch took me about 10 tries, the other duo took me about 3

one shot the last boss

I don't really spin that much. I'm running 5 heart with no bonus ki and just spam Heaven and Earth with Intensity. It's pretty great when I get summoned into NG and kill the boss with a single H&E. I'll probably try spin2win at some point, it's really fucking annoying getting knocked out of mid air because 0 ki.

No harder than Nue at Dazaifu. Just has more health and a slightly smaller arena.

Does he recover health? There's a crystal in the arena.

Maybe, I never noticed it healing.

Just looked up a video of it and it doesn't look like the crystal has any effect on Nue at all.

Alright, thank you.

>can use glory to change appearance
>cant use it to turn into Okatsu

fucking wasted potential

Also, it blows my mind how few people know about hitting Nue's rib cage during its lightning breath/bolt summoning animations.

Does it do something special? Or do you just mean there's an opportunity to get a hit in during those animations?

I think most people are too busy dodging the lighting after the first time it kills them. I know I was.

Hitting its rib cage during any animation where it starts glowing bright orange instantly depletes all of its Ki.

>tfw hitting Oda for almost 80k dmg

>+77.5% running speed
>No actual difference in running speed

Is there something I'm doing wrong or is there a limit to how fast you can run?

It doesn't affect general movement, it affects your sprint when you hold X.

What does blinding shell actually do? The description says it makes enemies unable to shoot or throw items but the short video shows something completely unrelated. I have hit Hanzo with the shells to stop his spam but he still goes ham with them.

it fucks with their tracking

>Heaven and Earth with Intensity
My nigga.

>he didnt go sub 30 equipment % and max run speed for maximum fast and evasion but getting one shot by everything

You farm these in Trail of the Master? Is there a better way? God save me.

That's what I meant, still no difference. I can run from point A to B in 5 seconds whether I'm wearing all that armor or not. My agility is still A when wearing the armor.

Enemies can't lock on to you. Like for anything. They'll whiff entire melee combos. Probably one of the best items in the ninja tree.

>go try yokai realm for the first time
>select mission
>only main missions can be selected
>cant do sub missions

:\

can someone explain to me how the nightmare missions work?

it keeps saying i unlock them, but only 2 of them are ever on my screen at any one time and they are always really low shit tier levels

Twilight missions rotate daily.

What headgear looks good with demon king's set?

Also that headband you get from master of the twin blades, can you get another? I dismantled it a long time ago because it was purple and assumed there was a smithing text, haven't seen it yet though.

The first one yeah, the others while farming gold over in Demon's Daughter or w/e that submission is called where you rescue that woman in the abandoned temple. The one where A Request from Ginchiyo takes place. It was a happy surprise as I wasn't even looking for anything other than gold. Trail of the Master is still faster though.

I rock spear and 2kat and I can't firgure out what set to use. None of them seem too appealing or useful and I don't want to use red memeon because of you assholes. I'm using master swordsman right now but I don't even use the cross skill that much because half the time I try to use it it doesn't work, I just sheath my swords.

>doing yokai realm
>partner uses a shrine
>i dont restock anything

So shrines are not shared here? Its who gets it first?

>expect the reunion with Saoirse to be all romantic and shit because it was William's initial motivation
>they just sort of look at each other and that's it
>Saoirse keeps William alive through magic somehow, he can literally just never die
>canonically never dies anyway

gay

Post your Irish gaijin samurai

>socks with flip flops

It's cold in Japan.

he's a bronze lad

uh they're called tabi with waraji you baka gaijin

how do you pronounce all that

Need new sets.

pronounced "giant toad"

Calcetines con chancletas user.

tabby
wah-rah-jee
bah-kah
guy-jin

If you want a gotta go fast build go 2kat with ki reduction/regeneration out the ass and spam random slice at every given opportunity. It can go on a long last time and moves faster than any other movement skill in the game. Put in running scrolls for good measure.

dead game
should have bought For Honorâ„¢ instead

>ng+ yuki/ oda FIRST FUCKING TRY (no sloth or living weapon)

+5 axe, +2 spear btw

Thats just not true. You can do any mission, including twilights.

They just refill your co-op meter thing plus another random boon, like +70% amrita gained or +30% close combat attack damage. Its shared between you both. The game tells you this.

Why is so damn hard to get a CTA roll on 2kats?

I've spent almost 4 mil and it refuses to give me the right attribute for CTA

Just do some farming and find some other weapon with what you want do a bit of the old soul matching.

>join a Nioh group on Facebook
>every boss fight they post is them sloth + carnage + Water Sword-ing fights

huh....really makes you think

>stacking luck to get veteran set from that one revenat on that one mission
>only one part left
>he doesn't fucking drop it, ever
it's like ds2 all over again

Use a book of resurrection and fight him at lowest level possible, when you land the kill he'll explode into treats

What headgear looks good with demon king's set?

Also that headband you get from master of the twin blades, can you get another? I dismantled it a long time ago because it was purple and assumed there was a smithing text, haven't seen it yet though.

>get the Kaido Axe smithing text on first attempt
>continue farming for his armor text
>get another Kaido Axe smithing text

anyone else had this happen? is it because I didn't give Tome the text right away?

Probably

Never happened to me

I just got one after killing the guard in the demons daughter.

finished my axe build. working on a kusarigama one right now.

Just beat the Giant Toad, that was fucking fun fight, really liked Iga

Tfw ive had 2 yasakanis drop today just from doing torii gate and they both have rolls just as bad as my equiped one.

I actually just tested it, running speed only affects your general movement. Holding X does a sprint. So my normal run speed is close to sprinting now.

Hope it was a good roll.

It was ok. Not as good as some of my other ones. Does anyone know if it is possible to farm two kings with Kusarigama doing final blows and using diabawashi? the animation for final blow takes to long for me to get out the guardian spirit before they get up.

Kek. As for the two queers, you're better off getting a 1kat and rolling some final blow on it. The animations for the other weapons take too fucking long, especially the kusarigama. I used 1kat for them and even though I wasn't specced for it, the carnage and weakness talismans helped get my damage up considerably. As long as all the whirlwinds connect and drop them, you should only need about six or seven depending on how good your 1kat and final blow roll are. Hope that helps, I'm done for tonight.

>yasakani magatama gives "set bonus requirements down -1"
>every armor set has the initial bonus of "X% damage reduction" for 2 pieces
so what that means is that i can get one piece of every heavy armor set with set bonuses to get the highest damage reduction possible? am i dreaming?

Why is this general dead?

you nailed it. you can beat 50% before Spirit Protection. add the Turtle Spirit and maximize its level on top of that and you get some ridiculous defense. don't forget to add four more bonuses from each of your weapon slots, and then additional bonuses from accessories and maybe Armor Text, magic, and I think there's a passive in Axes that raises defense.

Because there are no content creators and there's not enough single player content to sustain more than a month's worth of discussion.

Not hating on the game, but pvp multiplayer is usually what keeps generals alive (or sandbox multiplayer), save for the autist generals like ksg.

it's as alive as it needs to be. as long as the thread doesn't 404 before bump limit, it functions excellently as a Q&A resource since the selection of wikis and whatnot online are still very thin.

got two yakasani today and i wasn't even farming them, one in the bathhouse mission killing that ghost lady yokai, and one just now in the twilight mission as a random treasure in the spider lady boss room.

because generals with forced discussion are always shit. people pop in here to ask questions or discuss a topic for a bit then leave or lurk

that and we don't have much waifufag posting

Just leaving for region 4 now and i feel like quitting, i enjoy the combat but it's staring to feel like a chore. The levels are pretty lack luster and having to complete the same ones multiple times sucks, worth continuing on are any of the later levels worth seeing?, any new enemies to fight except bosses?

Region 5 is possibly the best one. Do the main story missions there at least - you don't have to do every side mission.

if you don't like it just quit. if it didn't hook you in from the start then it's never going to and it's simply not the game for you

What headgear goes well with demon king's set? Getting tired of my kodautism bowl.

I was hooked early on and i played all 3 beta tests but the monotony in this games full release is ridiculous. I think they stretched out a little amount of content way too much.

>tfw finally have every known smithing text
feels nice. not much left to do until the update now

Anyone got the link to the reforge pools?

How tf do I get into this room in The Conspirators?

trap floor upstairs

cheers mate.

>tfw no spirit fish bird gf

does damage from behind apply to all final blows or just those where the target is on their stomach with back up?

All final blows

Does Pleiades and Extraction work during LW? Also if I use Suzaku's passive to enter LW mode, does my critical status buffs apply because my original HP is below 30%?

Don't be ridiculous, user. None of that would ever work!

Good job killing him in a single hit, user!

but don't they not stack? I'm sure it only counts for 1 piece

only the -1 Set Requirement doesn't stack. the living weapon and amrita effects still benefit the suzaku build like he said

if you want to really know a woman, you have to...
Heh heh. Well, I had better not divulge any further. You are not ready for such information.

Go see the world first.