So what exactly makes them actually use WHITE rear lights for yurop?

do red rear lights imply too much sexis raycis patriarchy freedom or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vpZ4tVxRMkA
youtube.com/watch?v=OfXvnWmaAzM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

euro regulations require that turn signals must be amber. They cannot be red. The mustangs lights have both brake lights and turn signals are contained individually within the cluster

Because our turning signal lights have to be a yellowish color.
And white looks 10x better.

but it doesn't?
aftermarket white tail lights is something mexicans do here in the US and its classified as 'rice'

Red with sequencers is better, just a fact.

They still light up red. A white/clear base color simply looks better with amber turn signals.

White is right

they could have made them red-red-white

Indeed there were NEVER red rear lights totally legal in Europe and having a yellow bulb/led under a slightly red filter is totally impossible.

what you're seeing here does not exist and is actually an optical illusion.
these rear lights are actually completely white.

That's how some American imports are actually homologated here if the inspector is lenient enough to pass it. Otherwise the name of the game is amber turn signals wired into the reverse housings with a new reverse light embedded in the bumper or mounted underneath.

You may notice that you're posting 25 years old cars. Production car regulations may have changed in the meantime and may be stricter today.

>25 years old cars

Are you from the future?

The sequencers aren't allowed under Euro regulations.
I'm guessing because it's too much fun or looks too cool.

they just have to be an amber colour

breddy cool

>The sequencers aren't allowed under Euro regulations.
They're on every single fucking Audi nowadays.

And yet they're not on the Mustang for reasons. They could've just changed the color of the sequencers, but no, yurop isn't allowed to have fun things.

Or maybe Ford were simply too lazy and cheap to find a better solution. It's a habit for Detroit.

Would make room to let merge

Not sure how the sequencers work exactly, but assuming they use separate bulbs or LEDs, wouldn't it have been simpler to just change their color instead of removing the sequencers altogether?

Problem with the Ford sequencer is that it is designed to work with combination brake/turn signal lamps. Just replacing the lamps won't do, since you'd get amber brake lights. The two functions have to be separated and wired to the appropriate colored lamps or LEDs.

I'm just guessing here, but in the EU (like the USA) things actually have to be run through an approval process. If there isn't enough market demand for a particular function, the manufacturer won't do the paperwork. That's where you get the cheap solution: lose the sequencer and make one lens amber. Like

Why are there no manual rs7s whyy

Thats dynamic and not sequenced

Because manual shitters cant afford them. Why the fuck would one want a manual in a 2 ton boat anyway?

How is holding your foot on the pedal and holding the steering wheel straight fun?

Get a sportscar and not a fast sedan you shitter

Man I like the way it looks. Maybe an a7 for DD

I think the white ones look cool on silver Mustangs.

Here, have a Mustang in Germoney.

The sequential taillights for the North American S550 were comparatively expensive to implement, the fact that they didn't make it to the European adaptation is unsurprising

Because the DSG is faster

>caring about rear lights

>spotted the busrider

The Audi RS7 uses a tiptronic 8 speed gearbox...a ZF 8HP.

>the DSG is better

kek

I have to fucking change the lights every fucking time I import USA vehicle to be able to register it... Its pain in the ass, fucking stupid regulations

I hate american cars and their red turning signals, they're fucking impossible to see in bright sunny weather.

More like stupid Americans that still think it's perfectly safe to make the indicators the same color and strength as the brake lights, and even use the same bulb for them.

>do red rear lights imply too much sexis raycis patriarchy freedom or what?

i'm sure the EU will build a new space station to monitor the effects.

That is actually pretty clever

Doesn't work on all models though because the indicators have a very strict maximum inward distance from the outermost point of the vehicle mandated by law, and when the reverse lights are right next to the license plate it's far too inward.

youtube.com/watch?v=vpZ4tVxRMkA

Pace car style turn signals are now my fetish

NICHT ZULÄSSIG GEMÄß StVZO

That looks pretty irritating and borderline illegal since it could be interpreted as imitating a warning light which at least here in Germany is only permissible to mark scenes of accident, building sites and oversize vehicles and certain kinds of work vehicles.

They're illegal in Germany, according to the comment section.

Can I use Hellas as reverse lights?

In what context? Do you not have a reverse light? Are you trying to mod an American import for the European laws?

>More like stupid Americans that still think it's perfectly safe

Cheap, cheap, cheap. Gotta save a nickel on colored plastic.

>The sequential taillights for the North American S550 were comparatively expensive to implement

Depends on your definition of 'expensive'. A high school kid with some Arduino skills could whip one of these out easily. Some Ford (((accountant))) probably bitched about the cost.

it's because it's the only thing white left in eurostan.

Do you have a video of those operating? Taillights, brakelights, various combos of tail/brake/turn/4-way?

>warning light on one side of a vehicle

didn't find blinking ones but at least some normal tail light stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=OfXvnWmaAzM

cool

I actually think the clear ones look cooler.

why can't Europeans have these?

To reduce the damage done to the crowd of pedestrians they'll inevitably crash into, because yuros aren't used to and therefore can't handle power.

they are ghastly, we don't want them

so when you don't want something, you ban them entirely?

>thing gets banned
>psshh I didn't want that anyway
lmfao

they aren't banned though

just taxed to hell and back, which might as well be the same thing

uh....

what the fuck are you talking about? hood vents being taxed? you're fucking dumb

if the option to have them is more expensive it's because Ford know they can charge a huge premium for an option only a few customers want, and get away with it. That's not a tax you stupid cunt

You are a reasonable poster. For your own sake, escape this shithole of a board before it's too late.

These look fantastic

oh the hood vents? they're outright banned on the yuro mustang

do those go through to the engine or is it just rice?

>before it's too late

Been on Veeky Forums 6 years m8 there's no escape for me

Yeah it a true vent

really boils my noodles

Most hood vents aren't let air in, it's to let heat out to prevent heat soak.