/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Took on a player with Collector's Edition:
>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted "Capital Knight" armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (404, please re-upload): my.mixtape.moe/ldkpad.webm

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform?usp=sf_link
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

REMINDER

In just three weeks the first /dsg/ thread tourney is starting. On March 25th, 2pm PST a PC tournament will be held prior the release of The Ringed City DLC.
Participants will be matched up with others who sign-up and fight for the claim to be /dsg/'s champion. The winner and runner-ups will receive prizes including Steam games and being better than everyone else who fought.

Sign-up sheet is here: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform?usp=sf_link

For the sake of organization either your Steam ID or a Discord ID will be needed to sign-up. If using only one, Steam IDs will be organized via that messages there and Discord users can join the accompanying server in the link above to ensure we don't have last minute drop-outs with no explanation.

RULES:
-Maximum Soul Level of 125 allowed. Someone with CE open will be monitoring all players to make sure this rule and others aren't broken.
-The starting location will be High Wall, followed by Farron Keep bridge and ending at the Darkmoon Tomb.
-Fights are best of 3
-Each fight is 2 minutes long, the one with the most % health left at the end will win if both are alive.
-Gargoyle Flame Spear, Washing Pole, Throwing Knives, Anri's Straight Sword, Ethereal Oak Shield, Twin Dragon Greatshield, and Fire Surge are banned.
-Only two Ashen Estus sips per fight, any more and your win will not count, initiating a rematch. Do this twice and you are disqualified
-All Regen items and spells are banned to disencentize passive shittery. This includes Sun Princess Ring, Blessed Weapon, Spells like Bountiful Sunlight, the weapons/shields mentioned above with innate regen and anything infused with Blessed.
-Normal FC rules still apply such as no healing items. Fight rotation will be determined once brackets are set.

/BESTLEGS/

xth for where is the PC FC

>legs

Bitch ain't got no legs.

>Discord users
>, Steam IDs will be organized via that messages there
>two Ashtus

How's it feel Seat?

This series has a name for itself now, there's plenty of new people playing that are completely clueless about what's traditionally been considered acceptable or obnoxious among the community. Most new players don't even know that resummoning is looked down on so hard. They're just playing the game.
It really is funny to see how the game is viewed from their perspective, though.

>Lt. Scaleless you ain't got no legs.

Is he talking about the the enemies near the stairs? This can't be real

to be a bitch

Why can't I backstab in this game?

Because you are bad.

I remember being easier in dks1 and 2.

Anyone on PC available to help me kill Aldrich?

It was worse in DaS2. That said, it is supposed to be worse than DaS1's backstabs because they were pretty OP back then. Just be happy you aren't trying to land a backstab in Bloodborne.

Yeah sure

Oh it's real, I promise you. Those wimpy hosts you run into that hide behind their phantoms and will never fight you head-on? Did you think those were veteran players?
Again, new players don't even know they're being obnoxious.

What SL should I be to get summoned for Dragonslayer Armor? I've tried from 40 to 50 and summons have been rare.
Also, did I fuck up by making my soul-transposed weapon +4 so early? There's chunks fucking everywhere in Lothric Castle so I assumed most people would be +9 by now.

I think by fatties he means the crabs

No FC in the Sunday morning? What kind of treachery is this?

It's Saturday, stupid monglet.

>don't want to deal with this fuck whos 50 levels higher than me (I assume that's what the number next to his health bar is)

For fuck's sake, I still can't believe how afraid some people are to die in this game, especially given how generous the bonfire and level layout is.

Most people are level 60-70 by the time they hit DSA.
+4 should be fine though, the average player would easily hit +7 by then.

password?

DSA is so easy that I kind of doubt people even need to summon for him anymore. That said, I think you are way too low. I think you should be closer to level 70 to 80 for that boss to get summoned by normies.

Honestly, he's not even asking that, he didn't say he's using phantoms, if you're invaded by someone you deal 50 damage per hit to (guess that's what the number near the name meant) how are you not supposed to be annoyed at the game? That other player has enough advantages stacked for him that he can't really lose, so all that guy can do is wait by the bonfire or kill himself, neither which are any fun to do.

>60-70
>70-80
Goddamn that's ridiculous.

>DSA is so easy that I kind of doubt people even need to summon for him anymore
I've seen 2 hosts in the past hour die before the music even really started. I don't think he's all that easy for the type of people who tend to summon.

dsg

Where do I put signs?

It really kinda sucks being level 180 becuase I get almost no multiplayer but I don't want to start a new character.

>especially given how generous the bonfire and level layout is
That's still looking at things from the perspective of a veteran player. We're talking about an totally new player. The kind of person that got their shit utterly pushed in by the halberd-wielding hollow at High Wall and have to crawl through the game.
From their perspective, they're going to struggle just to get through a piece of the level. They're probably still getting used to (and panicking over) the fact that dying cuts their health and drops their currency to zero. Yeah, they're gonna be afraid.

AAAA 20 MORE DAYS

So the Ornstein in The Ringed City is the real Ornstein this time?

>Ornstein in The Ringed City
Sauce?

haven't heard anything about that
but if he is there it's probably just Not-Not-Not-Not-Ornstein

Not everyone lives in burgerland, you fat fuck.

just get a friend to come soulsuck you, or better yet go allant

>an new
>and have
Jesus, I think I'm having a stroke.
Point is still there, though, it's still very much an intimidating game for newcomers regardless of how it feels to long-time players.

nvm i killed it thanks though

He could just fight the guy and get it over with instead of standing idly by a useless bonfire and bitching on reddit. It'll be over quicker, and he'll gain some experience with fighting other players.

I get newbies will be terrified, but wanting to turn off the fucking game just to avoid one invader (who in this case might actually be Kirk for all we know) is a whole other level of incompetence.

probably just a fake spoiler put into a non-leak form to make it seem more believable, cause i haven't seen ornstein anywhere and I don't know why they'd hide him but have gwyn on the main path

Why would he want to?
If you have no chance of winning a fight, you wouldn't walk on it, you'd just try and find a way not to fight

I would just find a way to win. I have killed twink invaders (ninja-flipping lighting Zwei users) just stripped naked and using the drake sword.

Is it still fashion time?

>no chance of winning a fight

It's only gonna stay that way unless they bite the bullet and try anyway. The sooner they try to fight against tough opponents, the sooner they'll get better.

>The sooner they try to fight against tough opponents, the sooner they'll get better
This is, again, not something that kind of person even cares about. If some new player like that is just going through the game, there's a pretty good chance they will make it to the end one way or another and then be done with it. They literally do not care what some random part of the fanbase thinks of them for not fighting an invader or not being "good enough" at the game.

I've got nothing else to say. It's on them for deciding that dealing with invaders are an unwelcome headache. They're already having to deal with a decent variety of enemies, invaders are just another variable type to add to the list.

Post favorites.

>decide to have fun and fuck around in Belfry Luna
>Get beat multiple times by "Joshua" who has a fire longsword with kind of a huge reach.
>vaguely suspect he's a hacker
>beat him
>character can no longer be loaded, invala data

when is the DLC out?

>is there any way to get people to carry me through the game but without other people making it less easy?

Invasions LITERALLY EXIST to balance out coop. What do people not get about this?

You sure as hell have a right to not get your shit wrecked by invaders willy nilly, but by exercising that right, you waive all the help and coddling you can get from other players too, in the form of messages and phantoms. This is the contract. You go online, you get backups AND opposition. Friends AND enemies. The game maintains its own integrity by putting more obstacles against you if you recruit more help.

The idea that you should be entitled to getting all of the upsides to online play with absolutely no downsides is how we got this retarded "invaders as either free estus or dedicated to ruining your fun" climate.

Can anyone on PC help with dragonslayer armor?

patrician tastes coming through

On my way, where do you want the sign?

just in front of the portal

Sign is down, pass dsg

499 hours

I also put my sign down and sort of stole your place, sorry.

>weapon
eh

>shield
meme

>spell
meme

>ring
meme unless you mean purely for the animation change

>boss
unbelievably stale but acceptable i guess

>NPC
meme

>area
eh

>covenant
meme

armor set and basic enemy is sort of tasteful

What are some good pvp builds for ds1? I've been rocking that sl1 stuff for a bit but now I want a big boy character and I honestly dont know that much about pvp

>calls artorias stale but makes pontiff "generic enemy with upscaled healthbar" sulyvahn his favourite

your taste is complete trash

You still there? We can try again, unless you've been summoning someone else or have already gotten him.

Anyone on PC available to help me kill prince twins?

omw

i miss that covenant

Sign's down by homoprince doors. Make sure your password is set to dsg

any new leaks since the first DLC boss fight leak?

coming back

dumbass

That sleeve on the sellsword armor is such a fucking disaster, what were they thinking?

thanks bro

i hope you die to soc

They weren't

bosses in DLC?

-demon prince
-soul of man
-black king sulyvahn
-queen Lothric

welcome

why?

Don't forget the Demon of Feces and Plume of Ornstyzaki

because i hate you

you are my bf though

this is a photo of me guarding my bfs

you are not among them

Can anyone on PC help me kill oceiros?

no

What's so special about Dark Souls 1? I've played through it several times now and think it's a pretty fun game but I feel like I'm missing whatever magic there is that has people so enamored with it when they talk about it.

Yes.

Me too.

That is only one bf

>warmth is not the pure reincarnation of solaire himself

use the bloodlust weaponart on yourself

Poison resin yourself

Which generic enemy is Pontiff?

So you want him to tickle himself?

i asked my dark souls-themed magic 8-ball

"will this fucking piece of shit user in the thread get facefucked by a ghru in the farron swamp"

here's what it said

what would you think if in DLC2 there was an ashen one NPC named gwyn who came to the ringed city to fulfill his promise to his daughter?

ready whenever

pass is dsg, by fog door

des black skeleton

>On one hand, they're not randomly adding more children to Gwyn's family, at least
>On another hand, what the hell am I looking at

well it is the end of the world, even patches lost his mind and became a genuinely nice person. gwyn just wants to make peace with his abandoned before everything is gone