Why are trucks so fucking expensive?

Why are trucks so fucking expensive?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_Model_S
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_F-Series_(thirteenth_generation)
smythkitcars.com/gallery-1
smythkitcars.com/new-products
automobiles.honda.com/accord-sedan#build-price
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because they're practically luxury SUVs at this point.

Pretty much this.

pretty much this.
Remember all those big American luxury barges that didn't survive the 80s?
Well the people who would buy those now buy trucks.

Cause americunts are so gullible and goyim knows it

>waiting for the gas price to surge again so you can see all the truck fags and SUV cunts bleed again like in 2008
Will they ever fucking learn?

Google says that base Silverados are 27k. That's not too bad. F150s are about the same, too. Order a base model if you want a cheap new pickup. Or if you're willing to go lower, the GMC Canyon starts at 20k.

>and goyim knows it
You can't even meme correctly, retard. Goyim are the non-jews.

Nobody's forcing you to get the $70k longkingranchmonsterxxx edition. You don't need fucking $800 floormats or the $1500 interior protection package (2 cans of scotch guard) You can get a pretty decent loaded model for $40k which is the same as a nice sedan or a basic crossover. Or if you don't need 4x4 you can get a base model for under 30k. They're not expensive when you consider how much vehicle you get eg. The big engine, 4x4 system big wheels and tires, etc.

Shit, I an XLT with the "luxury" trim, 5.0L V8, heated seats, etc for $28k. Lariats weren't too much more at the time either.

They're not all too expensive assuming you're a jew and wait until the end of a model year to buy one.

No fucking clue

Pic related is 77k

Honestly the retired construction workers who usually buy these would be better off with an Escalade or a navigator

>base model
I'm not a plebian cuck. The good trucks don't cost less than 40k

Work trucks best trucks.

Shit

I live in the PNW and see a fuck ton of sloots and hipster fags drive these shits. Why would you buy one unless you do manual labor or live on a farm? Seems like most are compensating for something.

>trucks
>good
If you needed a truck you'd take a cheap one. Clearly you don't need a truck then, so why are you complaining about not being able to afford one?

Aluminum is expensive

Why do you drive a "sports car" when you drive it on the roads 99% of the time like a normal car? You must be compensating right?

Trucks are comfy, aren't terrible on gas anymore and are pretty much the same size as most crossovers or even cars now days.

>pretty much the same size as most crossovers or even cars now days
If you're blind on both eyes. The fattest SUVs may be approaching truck widths, but even then they're missing several feet in length, and even then actual cars will still be half a foot narrower.

>This is definitely not enough truck for me. I totally need a full size truck even though I don't even need a truck.

both of these pictures trigger me

A Tesla model S has a 196'' wheelbase
A F150 has a 164'' wheelbase
The Tesla is probably wider too.

I have 2016 XLT. One a few truck I've have/had.

I have house on a few acres with a zero turn, walk behind, 16' tandem axle trailer, and a camper. It was a no brainer for me. I also have a older Camry that I can tool around in but I never drive it. I prefer the truck but I live out of the city a ways so it's not like I have to park it downtown.

I'm actually looking for a 1 ton with a flat bed. I've had my eye on an older ford tractor that would be pushing it to try and tow with my F150 but a 1 ton with a gooseneck trailer should be no problem.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_Model_S
>Wheelbase 2,960 mm (116.5 in)
>Length 4,976 mm (195.9 in)
>Width 1,964 mm (77.3 in)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_F-Series_(thirteenth_generation)
>Wheelbase 122.4 in (3,109.0 mm) (Regular cab 6.5' box) [...] 163.7 in (4,158 mm) (SuperCab 8' box)
>Length 209.3 in (5,316.2 mm) (Regular cab 6.5' box) [...] 250.5 in (6,363 mm) (SuperCab 8' box)
>Width 79.9 in (2,029 mm)

Or did you really think the Tesla would have a 16'4" wheelbase?

Whoops. The truck is still barely bigger though... So why drive a sedan that can only do one thing?

>between over a foot and over four feet longer
>barely bigger
Also the Model S is already a large sedan. Most cars are yet another good bit smaller.

The last time I had to get something truck sized (it was a van) down the driveway by the house I had to fold in the mirrors and get help from a spotter, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have gotten it into the garage.

Also I can just buy a fucking trailer and get more cargo space than in a truck without having to haul it around with me EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DAY like a truck bed.

It's your fault you live somewhere depressing like that pic. In the developed world we don't use 1000 year old horse trails so we don't have size issues.

Trailers are a fucking pain in the ass and cars aren't designed for towing here.

That picture is so fucking depressing, It looks like a kids toy setup.

So basically you're too dumb to handle trailers and too stupid or lazy to engineer your cars for them. Good to know.

>base 27k
>not bad

top lol

Also the same cars that aren't rated for towing in the US are rated for towing in Europe. That's how terrible you stupid cuntbags are with trailers. Not even your redneck government is trusting you with them.

$40k is a lot to spend on a truck. Even base models are typically mid to high 20s. That's way too much

What is it with Europeans wanting to tow with the lightest smallest vehicles possible? A heavier vehicle with a longer wheelbase it going to be a superior tow vehicle.

Because they're literally turning into fat luxury sedans with a large exposed trunks.

We can handle trailers just fine. But why use them if we don't have to? You don't need to be an engineer to know why towing with a fwd sedan is a bad idea. We also have hills and 100x the distances to cover in North America.

27k on an not even 200hp brz or 27k on a big, comfy and more useful vehicle...Hmm tough call.

Your never going to get a brand new truck for $20k. Wake the fuck up. If $5k-10k is a dealbreaker for you then you shouldn't be looking at a truck because you likely won't be able to afford the gas either.

Just hook me up with a single cab truck or "extended" cab, nice comfy yet simple interior like pic related, lot of bed room so I can store and haul shit and that would suffice for me.

I don't need all the extra bullshit.

The same reason pretty much anything happens: because people are dumb enough to pay for it

Neither of those loads come anywhere near the weight of the vehicle, and those cars are much nicer to drive when not towing ie in 99.9% of their use.

>he has never ridden in a new fullsize pick up

They ride very well desu.

200 pounds of tongue weight is like putting 200 pounds in the trunk, and no car is going to violenty veer off course from a lack of traction at the front wheels because of 200 pounds in the trunk. All this small tow vehicle paranoia is highly exaggerated, it's almost as if Americans are brainwashed by Detroit into thinking that only trucks can tow.

>drive it on the roads like a normal car

speak for yourself, i hoon everywhere i go

It's because you faggots don't have any hills and traffic moves slow as fuck because 70hp diesels. There's more to towing than getting something rolling on flat ground.

Half the US aren't any hillier than most of Europe, and I'm allowed to tow at 62 mph which is very nearly the speed limit in half the US, and towing at 75 mph will only cost me 30 bucks in fines.

Is he actually pulling that at all?

There's a reason semi trailers don't have the wheels in the fucking middle like you fucking idiots use on your cute little fisher price utility trailers. It just makes shit unstable. I suggest you people watch a video on towing practices in the developed world.

Looks like all the serious hills are in asia and throughout the middle east.

of course. Do you think the Toyota Tundra out of frame could do it?

>hurr
88,000 lbs

best pickup for truck-tent level camping?

Youre going to be SOL pulling a trailer in desert dunes though

I've used a 2011 Silverado with no complaints.

That's cute. That's truck is literally a faggot. Why can't you guys do anything right? That's depressing.

that is basically an RV
i'm aiming for 90s tacoma at the moment. it doesn't have to look good, just not die

>truck-tent level camping?
Like hauling your tent and other supplies in the bed? Literally anything you can afford.

How does one person manage to move goal posts and miss points so hard? I was posting a regular everyday occurance truck combination that gets by fine despite not having half the trailer weight lunged on top of the tractor. You counter by posting some COMPLETELY unrelated heavy transport. Congratulations, you're a retard, do you want me to put a medal into your face?

Don't touch the Tacomas. Pic related. Look at a Dodge Dakota, Chevy S10/Colorado or Ford Ranger instead.

trucks look incredibly stupid now.
you know what else is retardedly expensive, sprinter vans.
id much rather have a sprinter van but those shits start at like 35k

You're free to buy a vastly inferior last century Chevy Express with exactly one roof height to choose from.

Your the one that posted a horribly engineered example of a commercial truck in a pickup truck thread. This whole thing is a shitpostfest so fuck it.

tldr: You euro's fucking suck at towing in general and shouldn't be telling people how to do it.

Or you could buy a Volkswagen jetta and do the conversion from Smythe Kit cars. The bed on these is rated for about 800 lbs, so plenty.

>us Americans need oversized shitbarges for any amount of towing, therefore Europeans suck at it
Nice logic, buttface.

The only people who these are people that need to tow. You're projecting.

>Don't touch the Tacomas.
the sticky would like a word with you

>Volkswagen jetta
what the fuck am I looking at holy shit

why dont they make fully loaded single cabs trucks anymore? those would make a good seller for people on a average budget but would want something nice.

OH MY FUCK >REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>the sticky would like a word with you
We're redoing the sticky and removing the Tacoma from it. The Toyota tax on them has gotten ridiculous and one of the top contenders for replacing it on the sticky is the Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon.

>what the fuck am I looking at holy shit
smythkitcars.com/gallery-1

They also recently released an ute conversion kit for the 2005-2010 Dodge Charger.
smythkitcars.com/new-products

>we actually have /an/ Veeky Forums crossposters

>Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon
good to know, thanks!

Huh wtf is /an/ I just saved the image of that snow possum the fuck are you on about m8?

But they're a bitch to park or use on narrow streets.

This thing wasn't that expensive desu. Pic related

>narrow streets
What are these?
>they're a bitch to park
Not regular cab trucks

This. I love stupid short sighted people making mistakes and getting fucked financially. Especially boomers. Fuck them.

Why must Americans always be accompanied by 50,000 pounds of junk in order to enjoy the outdoors?

Because we have the freedom to enjoy our toys in the wilderness. ...And we actually have outdoors. Camping for us isn't sitting in a muddy sheep field it's getting swampdonkey'd and playing with sick toys.

a 4wd canyon runs almost $50k. And in 2 door base trim they are absolute shit and not worth more than $14k.

>go to gmc website
>click canyon
>FIRST option
>4wd
>truck is now $36,620
LOL. Trucks lure you in with a GARABGE base vehicle so they can pretend they are cheap. Add ANY options, you're paying over $40k The base models are over priced by about $10k for what you get.

I sort of want a new raptor desu. Only thing stopping me is that they cost more than a BMW M2 which is a super tough sell.

You could buy a decently loaded f150 and buy aftermarket parts that are WAY better for less. After all the dealer shit, you'll be paying almost $55k for one.

>truck is now $36,620

So 3 grand more than a 4cyl CVT Accord?

I don't think a truck is in your budget if you think that's a lot for a truck...

MSRP on a base CVT 4cyl accord is $23k, not $33k

>New raptor
>Ecoshit v6
>Not a 5.0 v8 twin turbo

Pass

I think all trucks are overpriced. I've been in the canyon, it needs options to be something I would ever consider owning. Then you put any options it's more than a full sized truck.

Also the accord starts at $22k faggot. automobiles.honda.com/accord-sedan#build-price

It's 33k with a couple added options to make it not a piece of shit and all the taxes and bullshit. Even then it's not a very impressive car for $33k. If anything cars are too expensive.

4x2 are cheap, I could have gotten platinum 4x2 for the price of 4x4 loaded Xlt. But I wanted 3.7 rear with bench seat front so went with fully load xlt. So far so good btw msrp was 53k

Why are you comparing a base model car to a "upscale GMC" truck loaded with bullshit options? Get the Coloraydo if your too poor for a GMC. You load up vehicles with enough electronics to please an autistic Asian then bitch that it's too expensive...

LOL no it's not. I JUST build one at Honda.com

>cvt
>2017
>4 door accord
>back up sensors
>remote start
>wireless phone charger
$26,333

The most expensive one is $28,900.

18-inch Diamond Cut Alloy Wheel
$2,093 x
Subtotal
$33,013
Destination and Handling
$875
Total MSRP as Built
$33,888
MSRP *

>buying a 1/4 truck

Only the Tacoma is worth buying, even then it's the same price as a half ton

>upscale
LOLOLOLOL. The base with 4x4 isn't "upscale" at all. Idiot. And you are just making up prices. KYS cuck. You mad you bought an overpriced POS truck?

>fully loaded accord (the car YOU brought up)
>leather etc
>$29k
>add navi $1k

GMC canyon
>short box
>v6 (not the diesel)
>leather
>$39,900
>add diesel
>$43,500
>no other options

poorfags that don't have 3 gas savers and a truck

>adding all the possible shit ever
>including DnH
>adding nigger wheels for no reason
>comparing it to a base canyon
LOL. Add all the options you can to a canyon and tell me where it is, faggot.

>I just did it, it's $48,850
And I left a LOT of options on the table.

And because people keep paying that much for them. Idiots.

Okay so your at 43k.... Which gets you a base BMW 3 series if that. Still, The truck is giving you way more bang for the buck considering what it can do. Like I said before. If another 5-10 grand is triggering your jew curls then a truck isn't for you. Maybe "your type" needs a Subaru.

They're not. Midsize trucks are artificially inflated because so many idiots want them. A 20 year old Tacoma with half a million miles in shit condition is like 10k minimum because bros are boner obsessed.

Full sized trucks are good value. Although they're a ripoff to buy used unless 6+ years old. They hold like 90% of the value until then, then drop off a fucking cliff suddenly.

I own a truck. I'm just not dumb enough to buy a fucking canyon. It's overpriced as fuck. It should be $30k WITH 4x4 and a v6 and leather.

Modern trucks are built to be leased. That's why dealerships are always doing special 2 and 4 year zero maintenance lease offers. Unless you want resale then go buy a less capable Taco for 10 grand more.

you have everything but a grasp on grammar

Tablets in the dashboard make every vehicle built to be leased. Good luck replacing those in five years like you could with DIN radios.

New trucks: ONLY luxury
Old trucks: Truck tax because they're the most practical vehicles on the planet

Life is suffering

>b.. but I NEED MUH MASCULINE V8

The Ecoboost works perfectly fine for what it can accomplish, I swear you people who talk shit about it will always just give out a half assed excuse on why you don't like it. Begone V8 peasant.

Buy a base model or a fleet truck ffs. But let me guess... Your autistic ass needs bluetooth and shit?