I've been debating with my friends on what the best place to live in as a auto enthusiast is...

I've been debating with my friends on what the best place to live in as a auto enthusiast is, my personal pick is Texas because
>highest speed limits in the world with exception of the autobahn
>relatively no winter and no salt which means you can get away with not having a second car or even winter tires
>some of the laxest laws/law enforcement in regards to speeding/reckless driving
>fairly lax modification laws (I know a front plate it technically required but it's VERY rarely enforced)
>plenty of straight highways and a couple decent driving roads
>CHEAP FUEL
>plentiful dealerships and car part stores
>plenty of race tracks to drive in and we also have TMS and COTA for your attending pleasure
>plenty of speed shops, including a couple famous ones like gas monkey, austin speed shop, and Hennessy
what do you guys think is the best?

Not Texas.

There is no one "best" area, there are areas right for each person depending on their interests.

>what do you guys think is best

OP is asking for your opinion in an attempt to create a discussion, not for your bullshit "there is no perfect there is no best beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!" response

New Zealand.
Everything is an import.
and no stupid import laws.

You forgot to mention the beaners, coons, white trash, ignorant rednecks and sweltering heat

All it's going to devolve into is LOL AMERIFATS LOL YUROKEKS LOL ROOFUCKERS. I tried to end it with a simple answer.

New Zealand, you can import whatever car you want with no laws stopping you

>Knowing the autists that you see on this board... YES

New Zealand is great for the roads and import laws, but gas is stupid expensive there and you guys have speeding cameras, also cars are more expensive because they must be imported. But NZ would definitely be a close second

>Implying i live in the place i was talking about

Better speeding cameras than getting stopped five feet away from semi trucks going 65 mph by a cop who might have a bad day.

I can talk to a cop, but a speeding camera has a 0% chance of giving you a warning

>best place for car enthusiasts
>a place with more extremely retarded drivers than anywhere else in the US
>with even higher speed limits

enjoy your staring contests with idiots that stop when youre in the yield lane and speedin brotrucks everywhere

In return the fines are lower, at least around here. I can get five speeding tickets in Germany for the price of four warnings and one speeding ticket in the US, and I don't have to dangerously stop at the side of the highway for them.

East Tennessee is pretty damn awesome for cars

There's a car meet/cars and coffee every single weekend, there are several SCCA chapters, tons of classic muscle, tons of nice sports cars.

If only there were some decent mechanics out here it'd be perfect

I'd rather have a couple retards than having to wait half an hour to be let into traffic

I drove to Houston from Dallas and back this last weekend down I-75.

The speed limit says 75. If you're going under 85, people are passing you. There's lots of construction on that interstate right now too, and I believe they just finished I-35. The roads are generally very good. The road from Dallas to Lubbock is basically a giant Mario Kart boost strip. There are also some fucking magnificent twisties in and around Austin and Lake Travis. The troopers generally leave you alone unless you're being a complete cunt.

We dipped below freezing one time last year. One time. The roads (where I am at least) were never salted once. This is not uncommon. But be prepared for your entire car to be UNCOMFORTABLY HOT if you ever decide to park in the sun for longer than EIGHT SECONDS. Functioning AC is not a luxury here. It is a requirement.

All that being said, the fucking moment you cross into Dallas, Houston, or Austin city limits between 6 AM and midnight, you're in traffic. Always traffic. Bad, bad traffic.The kind of traffic where it takes 40 minutes to go get a cup of coffee.

Dallas also has the Park Cities, where exotic Porsches, a couple McLarens, your odd i8, about a dozen F-type R's, and things of its ilk live. Exotic car spotting is very easy here if you know where to look.

The mechanics here are also generally pretty good. Car shows and meets are dank as fuck.

If you live in the hill country or bean land, yeah. North Texas is fucking perfect though.

Organize states by population density and ignore Alaska unless if you like 4x4 and literally dying if your car breaks down hundreds of miles from civilization, lowest density will always be the best experience.

Why don't you become a decent mechanic then? At least for your own car

you've never owned a British car I see, some cars you need to be a true expert in to even run a proper diagnostic

Enjoy your shitty rough roads because of lower population density and therefore fewer tax money for upkeep per mile.

>my personal pick is Texas
rofl, texasfags are so fucking delusional

the only reason to ever move to that state for car related shit is CoTA.

objectively the best places in this country are los angeles because the huge amount of car industry, and roads. OR tennessee river valley-ish because of it's proximity to a lot of good tracks and good roads.

there is no other answer. unless you want to rally then you can live in the northeast.

About the only things Wyoming has going for it is low traffic, quality road surfaces, and no street racing laws.

Any place with emissions or safety inspections is automatically shit btw.

they dont get followed so it makes no difference

t. Cletus Harland III.

>wanting to live in a place with fuckloads of regulations and traffic
okay bruv

We have some really awesome roads here, great places to visit and a massive variety of landscapes over a relatively short distance too.

Trouble is a lot of the time the roads are congested with traffic and terrible drivers. Its faaar too easy to get a licence here and consequently some absolute muppets behind the wheel.

The speed limits are pretty low too. There really should be more 110kph zones.

There are many different ups and downs in various states, but one things for sure, the worst places for auto enthusiasts are Texas, Florida, and the corn belt, and if you think otherwise you are completely retarded

What's the best area in the US to buy and drive a classic muscle car?

California and it's not close

Literally nothing wrong with that van, as long as the work was done right

"hurr durr a place is bad but I have nothing to back myself up with"

youre gonna have that too, texas is hillbilly trash mecca. everyone has someone that lives there.
and there is no justification for retard drivers. nothing

you can't have hill billys in the plains you retard