The Legend of Zelda general /lozg/

SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12463953/
youtube.com/watch?v=FG5nLnFtsik
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mipha a best

1.7.3 WHEN ?!

Backers should have gotten it by now no ? Weekley releases were promised.

WHERE THE FUCK IS 1.7.3

where is snow bowling

strawpoll.me/12463953/

>tfw Amazon listed my order as "shipping today" yesterday
>went to sleep
>woke up
>still haven't shipped

Fuck

Why did they remove bomb bowling? That was like the one good thing Skyward Sword did.

>Spend all day busting ass to complete all shrines
>Want to get the green tunic early so I can actually use it rather than have it be the last thing I get before completing the game
>After playing all day check how many I've completed
>Forty
>Out of 120

>no way to skip tutorial segment by hopping off edge and climbing down to Hyrule

goddamnit, i really was hopeful there would be a way to skip it. oh well.

Yeah it's bullshit. I wish you could get it another way.

Is the sheikah gear worth buying ? in kakariko ? LOOKS RADICAL. But holy shit man like 2000 for the whole set or some shit

pls answer i want to rupee farm

I want off the goddess Hylia's wild ride.

Anyone else get Zelda 2 vibes from this?

I mean that in a good way.

It's necessary though. There's too much shit down there that can kill you, you need to make the preparations.

wearing the set allows you to literally walk up behind any enemy and they wont hear you until you run/hit them.

It also works 100% on catching bugs/animals, they dont hear you either.

Worth it IMO

It's pretty good for catching horses or other ridables.

Do you hold L or mash L to tame horses?

ain't no rest for the wicked

Hold.

Be sure to stock up on stamina restore so you can refill during the process.

Why is BOTW's HUD so minimalistic?

Doesn't the Tunic alone confirm that the game is in Downfall?

So there's nothing distracting you from the Lynel about to wreck your anus.

>impossible to 100% the game within a couple days after launch
Tryhards BTFO

I think there's plenty on screen for what you need to see

>118/120 Shrines
>Compendium completed
>63/76 side quests completed
>140 Korok seeds

>Only 33.91% completion rating

Damn this game is brutal when it comes to getting a high completion percent. The korok seeds count for so much of it.

Is BotW the MGSV of Zelda?

Anyone know the conditions for the Lord of the Mountain to spawn? I've had him like 5 times before experimenting with ways to stable him, and suddenly he spawns no more after waiting like 3 ingame weeks.

Glad I'm not the only one seeking to complete the compendium, I haven't even checked my progress but take a picture of everything. The only thing I've missed is the water divine beast boss, do they count? I don't even know if the bosses are in there

Where do you see completion ratings

>all the outposts and kakariko village keep cockteasing epona's song and never deliver

JUST PLAY THE FUCKING NOTES

What's the trick to the Korok trial, "Trial of the Second Sight"? The tip says to spy the hungry trees iron, but I can't figure out what the iron rocks are supposed to show me.

Does the game completely end after defeating Ganon like, say, Link Between Worlds does? Or can you collect memories and do other things after you kill him?

Yeah, those count for the completion. You have to get all of them. However, after you beat ganon and reload your save you can any boss pictures your missed for 500 rupees each

Its on the map screen in the bottom corner.

use magnesis and follow the Glowing red rocks to the shrine

The game ends but you can reload back into gameplay right before ganon and some things change. You get a star on your save file and some new enemies start spawning. That kind of thing

Ah jeez. Dunno how long I'd have thought of that. Thanks.

>after you beat ganon and reload your save you can any boss pictures
Yeee boiiiiiiiiiiii
thanks user, i was wondering if i had to start over or die to OCD.
Didn't know you got rupees though, where would you turn in the pictures?
Also do you have to do the entire divine beast again? How does it work after beating ganon

Is there any way of tracking koroks at some point?

no one knows? seriously?

I forgot the most important word in that sentence, sorry. I meant to say you can buy the pictures for 500 each.

As for where, the lab assistant at hateno labs will sell them to you

I'm pretty sure its right by Hebra Tower.

Ah yeah I forgot about him. Thanks.
I've been playing pretty slowly since the tik was leaked, and only got 50 shrines, 60~ korok seeds, 1 divine beast done and got the master sword. I'm gonna be pretty lost when I complete the game, never been so excited to play something

Yeah all i'm seeing is a Shrine icon

What's snow bowling? I came across an entrance to a shrine blocked by a door with loads of rows dug out in the snowy mountains if that's what you mean, in the top right section of the map

How durable is the hylian shield, I just got it but I really don't want to push my luck.

So whats the Trick with the Gerudo Tower and the Arrow into the towers shadow?

Really durable

I thought rupees were pretty scarce in this game when literally the only enemies dropping rupees were yuga clan and bloopee (Glowing bunnies). But once you mine the shit out of ore for topaz/diamond/sapphire/ruby/luminous stones and sell them you get rich quick.

Also flowers are everywhere in this game, pick a bunch of flowers, cook 5 at a time and sell those dishes.

Is there a full amiibo item list yet?

The shadow tells you where to shoot the arrow from. That's all there is to it.

Okay, so I've beaten all the others beasts, but I still can't figure out how to get to Goron City without bursting into flames.

Is there a super heat resistant outfit I need to find, or what?

TEAM MIPHA

Do you shoot at the sun as it sets? (i.e. shoot to heaven's light?)

It can take like 60 guardian lasers before breaking

Stand in the shrine spot. Aim towards the tower. Shoot at 3 PM.

Every wall in this game is solved in the same way: Talk to the nearby NPCs.

In this case the closest NPCs are at foothill stable.

How many guardian lasers are we talking.
(also if it breaks can i come back and pick another one, or even stack myself up with shields?)

You can get them each bloodmoon afaik

Vah Noboris' walk cycle is really funny to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=FG5nLnFtsik

Buy heat-proof elixers from thegirl at the stable near the foot of death mountain. On the way to Goron City there's a hylian tourist who will ask you to find him 10 fire-proof lizards and he'll give you a fire-proof vest.

The techniques I used to catch the lizards are
1. Find one and take a photo so you can sense for it (You must have the photo upgrade for the sheikah slate from Purah in Hateno Village)
2. Use arrows if you have some
3. Pick up the rocks around the area and immediately press A to pick up the lizards before they run away.

WHAT THE FUCK WHY AM I FORCED TO BE NAMED LINK

I'VE ALWAYS NAMED MYSELF TYLER IN EVERY ZELDA GAME WHAT THE FUCK

Can I use temporary hearts to get the Master Sword out of the stone or do they have to be heart containers?

Gerudo loli is best

Okay I'm convinced it's impossible to get the second chest in the Sheh Rata shrine.

There's no way for me to be in the room with the sage while the water's level is high.

When can i get a fucking horse or something already holy shit im sick of walking.

No, I had temp Hearts when I first tried pulling out the Master Sword and they didn't count.

Okay, so I found this massive flying dragon near Great Plateau. I tried to follow it, but as I got near, it flew up into a portal in the sky.

What the fuck is this thing?

>likes niggers
>likes little girls
>doesn't like fishgirls

You got a problem user

Shit. Guess I need to transfer my Stamina and get another heart.

Is that the one with the rotating laser and the button under water?
Use stasis

Make a path of Ice blocks to the switch and then leave a bomb there. After you complete the Trial like normal detonate the bomb the make an ice block up to it

I'm doing a 3 heart run. Does this mean that I can't get the Master Sword?

>TYLER
bad news, your homosexuality is terminal

>Korok tells me to use temporary heart increase vegetable to help get the master sword
>temporary hearts don't count

Gerudo are raised from a young age to be lewd training that extends well into adulthood

Enjoy your blushing submissive wife whilst I get my world rocked by a woman who'll only get more beautiful a she grows older

>But once you mine the shit out of ore for topaz/diamond/sapphire/ruby/luminous stones and sell them you get rich quick.
Is there a specific way to get them? I have a lot but I've been hoarding them without selling

Where the heck is Fronk's wife

Lake Hylia

FIshgirls live for a long time and are beautiful the whole time, Gerudos look like shit after their 30s. Look at all the nasty old Gerudo women in Gerudo Town and tell me they're even remotely good looking.

They aren't. Zora are.

how do you open this

So she's a fish loli?

You can't get into the room without detonating the switch first and draining the water so the barrel sits on the button.

Has anyone found the Goron with a name ending in "son"? I found the fish guy behind the steps to the kings chamber in Zora city, but I can't find this fucking Goron for the life of me.

Really? Then maybe I misread things when I pulled out the master sword. Might want to double check, go sleep at a stable in a comfy bed or eat something that will temp increase your max hearts and then go try it.

No

How do I offer a Naydra scale to the goddess statue?

To whoever was wondering last thread: you get the rubber helmet from a quest in Lakeside Stable, not from any shrines. The coat and pants are from shrines involving thunderstorms.

Pay attention to what she told you to do.

But she literally says link developed faster then her and all the other zora or much bigger then she face it dude your a lolicon

Drop it in the water in front of her.

The dragons really confuse me, I've found all of them but I have no idea how to get their materials aside from the first.

WHAT FUCKING TIMELINE BRANCH IS THE GAME

nvm i figured it out
you just drop it in the water

I find them as I play, but they're usually around the cliffs/mountains. Go check around death mountain.

Have you been to the stables outside of Rito Village yet?

Leave a bomb next to the switch don't touch it until you get throught the trial, when you get through the door detonate it. This was how I did it

Where do I go to switch hearts and stamina again?

She literally isnt

Snow bowling

All of them

those old ladies are way past 30. The Gerudo cook comments about her purity for over 30 years and she looks as hot as all the others. They become the old ladies way later in life than you're implying