Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/

Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/ #846
Swimming Edition

Welcome, this general is for the discussion of ILLUSION's Artificial Academy 2.

COPY ERROR MESSAGES WITH CTRL+C, PASTE THEM WITH CTRL+V INTO GOOGLE TRANSLATE. STOP ASKING US BEFORE DOING THAT. JUST CLICK THE WINDOW AND PRESS CTRL + C, IT WORKS.

For File Acquisition errors, do one of the following:
- switch all locale/system/region/date/time/everything settings to Japanese
- keep locale locale/system/region/everything settings and run with Applocale (Win7/Win8) or Locale Emulator (Win10)
Always run as admin.

>READ THE READMES OF EVERY MOD YOU DOWNLOAD. IT SOLVES 99% OF YOUR PROBLEMS.

>Information (CHECK BEFORE ASKING):
Main Site: illusion.jp/preview/jg2/index.html
FAQ Image Guide: i.imgur.com/FaWIWLn.jpg
Win10 FPS Issues? Use this: feen.us/lhi9.zip (now with subtitle fix)

>Downloads:
/aa2g/ Pre-Installed Game [Preferred]: tsukiyo.me/AAA/AA2.torrent
Manual Installation [For masochists, not recommended]: pastebin.com/FgP7nFWH

>Character Card Database:
no-info.no-ip.info/aa2/ (still down, use the backup zip for old cards)

>Mods & More:
AA2 Pastebin: pastebin.com/BhpfXqHP
/aa2g/ Modding Reference Guide (Slot lists for Hair/Clothes/Faces, List Guides, and More):
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gwmoVpKuSuF0PtEPLEB17eK_dexPaKU106ShZEpBLhg/edit#gid=1751233129

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!LAwhURhC!xxNg-oIeviPoeRHBb40afY3Q_7h0UtXEXsdIMnM26QU
mega.nz/#F!k1gygTbR!ALChnmYutSFxAppgS4SWcA
mega.nz/#F!P4Q13ZKC!x2AIDYYE63yxWmuJA9DBIA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I just want to state for the record that the last thread 404'd in less than an hour from 2am to 3am where its possible to go two hours without hitting page 10.

This was not fair

Yeah, I wanted to post a screen to bump the thread, but by then it was already dead.

I've brought this thread back to life at least twice and I got grief for it both times. I'm not responsible for it.

What do you mean brought back as in made a new thread after the old one didn't hit bump limit? Who gave you grief?

Do you guys reverse name order when making cards?

If its a western name then you probably should if its a japanese name then no you don't

Absolutely disgusting

All these new rooms are nice its too bad ill rarely get to use them except for the boys room.

I want to be able to set areas so that they are do not enter zones during specific times. Like the pool area should be closed during second period if its not a pool day for example. Or have the teachers office be closed to kids all day except for the end.

Fun things like that, I wonder if its possible

I should probably just figure out how to add the properties of the nurses office to other areas

We got raided or something

very cute and nice

Try object overriding the blush with an object that misses the material
Make a copy of the face and open it in sb3u
Deletethe material that is used by the blush mesh confirm that the blush is invisible
Use ObjectExtracter to extract the invisiblush
Use it as object override

or wait unteal someone makes fces with blushes invisible instead of missing.

You'll get grief for almost anything you do here in Veeky Forums. Don't let it stop you.

The card in the mega doesn't have override files saved in it. Try again?

Alright, let me shit out a card real quick.

mega.nz/#!LAwhURhC!xxNg-oIeviPoeRHBb40afY3Q_7h0UtXEXsdIMnM26QU

>81kb
nope.
Make sure the "save override files" is ticked
make sure "preserve card faces" is unticked

Yeah, that's exactly what I did, which is why it's confusing me that it won't save that shit

This one did come with an override but for some reason it's not using it.

do you have the card open in reiedit? Don't

No, I don't.

The other cards have the same issue, at least for me. The override is technically there, but it doesn't get used.

the override is extracted and the card loads fine with it

Oh. Reloading the card in the maker fixes it. Let's try the game. There is a similar issue in the game but readding her fixed it.

Hm, no matter how many I times I re-add her, it still won't get displayed.

Reload the game save, restart the game.

Sadly, that didn't help either.

do other cards with overrides work?

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think so.
At least, the ones I saved with overrides don't work when I move the override folder.

>when I move the override folder
what? Are you moving the overrides folder somewhere after you save the card? Where is AAU supposed to look for the files then?

Yeah, I moved the override folder to see if other people without said overrides can still display my card just fine.
Or are the override files necessary, even if I save them inside the card?

you save them inside the card to deliver them. The AAU unpacks them when you load the card in the maker in the same places where they were and the game looks for them in your filesystem.

Oh right. What is the issue exactly right now? I did have a few issues myself. The card now does have the override file saved and is extracted by the maker when it is missing. But the same doesn't occur in the game. I don't get the extraction prompt. I also had to save the game, and reload the game to get the override to work.

Yeah, loading the card in the maker gives the extraction prompt for the textures.
So, to use characters with AAU overrides, you have to load them inside the maker first to extract the files, and then load them ingame?

No, you should be able to extract the files in the game too. I ignore why it fails to do so.

not exactly. The files should be in the same places in the override folder. When you embed them in the card all they're used are to deliver the files to the end user. To extract them you use the maker(Play also does it but afaik it's unreliable or unintentional).
So when you get a modcard you do the following:
load the card in the maker to extract the mods and see that they work properly(load the card, the preview window is not enough)
add the card in game with the override files intact

Yeah, after extracting the files in the maker by loading the card, it worked in play too.
No idea why it won't extract the files in play, though.

adding modcards in the class is a bad idea anyway since it bloats the loading times, the savefile size and can cause crashes if there are enough modcards in there. there's an option in aau config that cleans the card when you extract it. it's disabled by default

So, now I gotta load every modcard in the maker to extract all the override files? fugg

Just go through your cards in the preview and press ok on every popup

Yeah, that works. Just keep holding the down arrow key and press yes every time it pops up.

>come back
>thread archived before 750
D-Don't scare me like that. B-baka!

>page 10
Stop it.

Lets post stuff.

That was months ago when the thread was in the worst condition it has ever been in. Situations change and you must adapt.

Still waiting for this girl. Card when?

What is this guy talking about, can new traits really be created with AAU?
And how's work on the Graceful personality?

Hackanon was showing images of it in thread 844. The ability to add new behavior conditions to cards, but with far more versatility than the base game provides. Check it out.
Graceful's still at 99% translated, but distribution of the personality may still be contentious. Since the real thing was hit with copyright removal, a reup is at risk of getting hit the same way.

>I won't have sex with this student even though I'm his girlfriend
>But groping and kissing publicly is ok lol
Wish there was some consistency

Reposting update to 3D Rooms (v15)!
Same mega as always, same AA2Install installation as always.
mega.nz/#F!k1gygTbR!ALChnmYutSFxAppgS4SWcA

+Swimming pool
+Roof
+Classroom 2 (in the classroom itself)
+Corridor (the windowed hallway between the two school buildings)
+Boy's Restroom (not all positions covered [yet?])
+all positions now covered in original classroom
+more new textures for the storage room

-Due to AAU shadowing sets being the greatest fucking thing ever I'm discontinuing the old format of "Variants" for set-based ones. The folder will stay up but if you want to use them as they were it's time for you to learn manual modding (and rooms are very easy to manual-mod).

Let me know if there are any problems.
Enjoy!

Yes, let's.

Did you provide her with a sample for her research? What a generous person you are.

You mean keeping the frame but changing the texture and material?

the frame and mesh. If a submesh has no material assigned it would be invisible but you can't assign no material to a submesh. The only way I know of to do that is to remove the material itself. Once you have a submesh with no material you can export it and use as an object override resource. It should fit any face btw, so you're effectively obsoleting the blushless faces and not limited to the 7 vanilla face types.

>you can export it
not export but extract with the XXObjectExtracter. It will ask you for the frame name so you provide it with the frame the blush mesh is attached to. That is also the name of the frame you provide in the object override tab.

Does the current MCP patch work with it still?

That MCP will always work.

As long as you're using our MCP and not Alex's, the two mods will always work with the materials provided.

This sounds way more complicated than a blank tga file when a blank tga file should work.

that might work too. The original blushless face has no blush mesh at all but replacing the .tga might work too.

le Dreamworks face

Last time I tried this it kept crashing whenever H started, there's no trick to the installation, right? Just drop what you're going to use in AA2Install?

There's no trick, but you should confirm that your p01 file is not over 2 gigs after installing it.

That smile is weirding me out shtap!

That smiling is cheering me up keep going!

oh no the oni are multiplying

just kill them

nice dead general faggots

Something looks off with this pose...

2-3 things could potentially look off with it

It looks like she's floating a few feet off the ground.

May I have that Ikaruga card please?

Yeah.
mega.nz/#F!P4Q13ZKC!x2AIDYYE63yxWmuJA9DBIA

Thank you very much, friend.

Yep, that's one of them

>Graceful's still at 99% translated, but distribution of the personality may still be contentious. Since the real thing was hit with copyright removal, a reup is at risk of getting hit the same way.
don't let my dreams be only dreams

most likely it's never ever
so your dreams just became nightmares

post card bro

You know what else can get you hit with a copyright removal notice? Distributing a copyrighted game such as AA2 without permission from illusion.

The more you know.

post card

You make the cutest poser stuff.

He could always give the mod to somebody and claim anonymous Chinese hackers got into his computer and released the content against his wishes.

Once its released onto the internet, it you cant get rid of it. No matter how good your copyright bots are.

What's the point you're trying to make exactly? The game hasn't been taken off torrent sites and that's great for some people, but this personality was hit. The modder is very shaken up about this. Now there's the possibility that illusion could take it down again on reupload, or the modder himself could have it taken down out of concern of legal action being taken against him based on other people reupping it. I'm not saying he would or wouldn't, and I have no idea what the first action would actually be, but I'd understand the reasoning behind either course of action.

The point is that nothing but invisible boogiemen is stopping anyone outside of Japan from uploading it.

there's also another thing: no one has it

The HEXA pack mega got pruned last time someone got uppity like you.