/lite/ - RogueLITE General

death edition

Last Thread: >What is this?
A place to discuss all rogue-lites and related games and topics. Examples: The Binding of Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, Faster than Light, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy.

>List of Some Rogue-lites (W.I.P)
pastebin.com/rwnYefeG

>Steam Rogue-lites
store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Rogue-lite/#p=0&tab=NewReleases

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/rogue-lite

>EtG character ideas
pastebin.com/Up96YEYk

>/ntg/ Pastebins
Character Ideas pastebin.com/JnGYReQj
Crown Ideas pastebin.com/TjhD5NAk
Soundmods pastebin.com/bAtMbDCV

Other urls found in this thread:

modthegungeon.eu/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I fucking love this little faggot.

>When your run was going really well and then the game throws Crutch, Remote Bullets and Helix Bullets at you within 3 rooms in chamber 5 from a chest, the Ogre dude and the Shop respectively

Now my fat explosive bullets including the ones that fire from my boots and the triple shot from table tech sight go exactly where they need to be. Just perfected the Dragun easily. Time for hell.

should we just move to indie or rlg? the threads are dying too quickly now

I wish

that I could turn back time

GAY

let's go to rlg

like /rlg/ is any better than here

That's the point dumdum, two ded threads joining posterbases means they both last longer.
The main problem is how averse /rlg/ has always been to us, so it'll take some convincing

And what I mean is that it won't make as much of a difference as you think it will.
death + death = slightly less painful death

Well, ask /rlg/ first, wait until they inevitably REEEE the idea away then go to /indie/ I guess.

...is this going to be one of the last /lite/s ever posted?

Youd think but with all the ROGUELITES AREN'T ROGUELIKE posting perhaps it would be kept alive as an engine of pure hatred.

>...is this going to be one of the last /lite/s ever posted?
It died before it'll die again, it got revived before so nothing is certain.

bump

Shiny and chrome etc.

Man, this really is the end, huh? /rlg/ doesn't seem too fond in their response so far.

Also, does /lite/ have a discord?
I-I could make one for like the 7 people here if not...

I'd say /indie/ is the best bet, Discords turn into circlejerks usually.
Also I'm one of the few regulars here and I never open my Discord

>Discord turns into circlejerks usually.
I'm actually okay with this
Has anyone posted in the /indie/ thread yet?
Really? I come here pretty often and I leave discord open basically all the time.

>being okay with the thread becoming a circlejekr
don't post ever again thank you

>Implying that's not always what it's been

bitch I'll post if I want. just kidding, you're a wonderful person I lub u lessthanthree

Ok it's indie then, they don't seem to mind

nice

ded

>When game throws Casey and Helix Bullets at you (which does work on Casey and almost doubles its damage)
Also, I beat my first Past yesterday.

Still waiting on Casey + Flak Bullets to grace me in a run. Hell, even Alien Engine + Flak would be amazing. I like casey, but it's kinda bad without synergies once you start to pick up shit like Com4nd0 or Megabuster and you're playing harder floors. I'd like to see how it works with something like Oiled Cylinder + Lichy to make it a bit faster on the swing and reload.

Interesting idea.
Also, fun fact.
>I delivered THREE Bullet Parts and a TV in that run

You could just Cheat Engine it to try it out. Cause the odds aren't high unless you can get Sixth Chamber on Floor 1 and use the Hero Shrine.

>cheat engine
why bother when there's mod the gungeon

What.

modthegungeon.eu/

When a run pops off, it pops off, man. I had a similar experience way back when I was actually working on my elevators. Played lock pick only pilot, saved all my shells for elevator short cut, ended up killing past and delivering bullet parts in the same run.

>Unless you can get the 6th chamber on floor 1 and use the hero shrine
que? I mean, I know it's 22 coolness, but it's REALLY not worth dealing with lord of the jammed for the entire run (unless you luck into cleansed on the dice shrine). Cigs and Chest Friendship is probably a way easier path. I also really don't think it'll be that uncommon of a combination to get. Casey is D tier, Flak is C. Casey is in Cursula's pool and Flak is in Trorc's.

I'm not really too keen on the idea of just using cheat engine to test it, I know what it does, I just want to see it show up in a run. There's a certain magic to it when you get combos like that for the first time on a real run, and for me it would be lost if I were to test it with CE.

Shit.

I only have a couple of days to go and got marathon yesterday, I really hope I don't fuck it up

How the fuck do I kill a past after unlocking bullet hell? Man, fuck that floor.

Just kinda... I dunno, uh, walk around that pit?

>kill a past after unlocking bullet hell
You...you didn't intentionally go to bullet hell when you were going for a past kill...right?

I tried avoiding the hand but it grabed me anyway. Do I also need to get gud at dodging it or something?

There's a lot of space around it, where it won't grab you.

You literally just walk around the giant portal on the floor. It's not rocket science.

>finally get an amazing Isaac run
>thread dies
Typical, and I just realized most won't get the items I did because I only have AB.

>Finally get an amazing Isaac run
>General dies

FTFY

Ok, I read the wikia and I think I got it: the first it grabs you is unavoidable right?

I don't think it's unavoidable, but I haven't been able to test it. If it IS avoidable, most people won't avoid it because the portal isn't there the first time.

>It's The Key

Typical. Guess I need to decide whether or not I want to get Gungeon or AB+ while I wait for a Necrodancer update.

>a Necrodancer update
It's over, user. The devs have abandoned us.

bump

>Guess I need to decide whether or not I want to get Gungeon or AB+

Like hell you do, give me your steam name. I'll meet you halfway.

hoaryu

They couldn't have gone the way of the NT crew already.

so are NT weeklies specifically made or are they random too

i had a lot of fun with that melting weekly but the others have been kind of bad

my favorite part of isaac is having brimstone+mom's knife and 10+ damage and still taking five minutes to kill hush

Thank retarded boss armor in an attempt to balance things or whatever.

I would rather replay Space Hulk: Deathwing then fight hush.

>first trip into the Oubliette
>realized too late some shotgunners aim where I'm going and not where I am
Oh ok, I didn't realize how early I had to git gud.

Is Deathwing bad or something? I somehow already killed that as the lost, but hush is pretty unfun with how spongey it is and how long it stays inactive.

Deathwing is not even half a game if you ask me.
Its campaign is long and boring with AI comparable to crysis.
Oh and the multiplayer is the same but without the 2 bots that follow you and if i remember correctly you are stuck as the class you picked unlike the solo campaign where you can use anything.

Fucking spent 20h on the campaign.
I WANT MY FUCKING REFUND

Goddamn. I don't think I could suffer Deathwing man, at least with Hush I can sometimes idle and let meatboy and some not shit familiars do the work.

>Not amazing but doing ok with eyes post loop
>Golden wrench, lightning cannon, arms, scary face, gamma guts
>Beat through 1-3, cops show up
>Die to the telekinesis guy using melee
live by the meme, die by the meme

There's no way I can fuck this up

I know Eden was recently given the R key reset option, but can he be picked if you chose random?

I swear to god the item pools in some challenges are rigged. I've been trying to clear Pokey Mans all afternoon and I have not gotten a single damage up or tear-altering item in any of my runs.

On a side note, how do you get a successful Apollyon run started? Void doesn't seem that great, should I just ditch it at the first possible opportunity?

Void is amazing if you just succ up active items.

>Void doesn't seem that great

I don't like Antibirth for some reason and I don't know why
I just always feel claustrophobic. There's considerable more tears being fired at me but the rooms are so fucking cramped.

>lose all that armor a few rooms in
>eat an easily dodgeable barrage on boss
>lose relic to an off screen enemy
I fucked it.

The mines especially are cramped, especially if you're being attacked by those moles right off the bat.

Don't you mean Afterbirth?
Since that, you know, adds tiny cramped claustrophobic rooms?

Like I said there are more enemies that fire a lot more tears but doesn't give you any room to dodge them. Take for example those bloated guys that burst into treats. Their aoe attack is like half the standard room and there's all kind of shit on the floor like buckets and random holes

If you use the button can you skip the keys/crest?

I know other buttons start you on the next floor.

It just asks if I want to save and quit, but I'm somehow still alive in the mines.

Fuck those bucket ghosts. Little assholes ran off with a tinted rock after I waited forever for them to throw it at me.

>It just asks if I want to save and quit, but I'm somehow still alive in the mines.
Ah yeah but if you click accept at the one next to the boss rooms when you come back you'll be in the next chamber.

Like, say you beat Ammoconda and then take the talking Button avenue to the freeze chamber, when you click continue after logging in again, you'll be in the mines in the first room.

So I've wondered if you could use it to cheese through the gates. There are runs where I could really use 2 extra keys... Gotta try it out.

Not even the meatgun could save me.

Oh shit, I'll have to remember that next time.

>bucket ghosts
they're annoying but by far the most annoying thing in downpour are those fire flies that surround you

So, did that Mimic ever get finished?

>4 keys and a meat gun going into oub

I'm really sad you lost that run. I would've snowballed that run out of control desu. I've lost better runs than that though, so eh....

You can't. In order for it take effect, you have to actually go down into the next floor, just like how you have to go into the elevators for it take effect on the regular floors.

Thanks mate.

>/indie/ dies
>remake thread
>/lite/ on page 10 now

being in dead generals is suffering.

>This time, Indie died
Kek.

A vicious cycle

wew

Does anyone know what's wrong with the weekly, whenever a new one starts I can't click on it for a while.

/indie/ talkin shit about us too it's definitely some /rlg/ user :^)

Binding of Isaac has gone through, what? Four, five iterations/DLCs now?

And angel rooms are still fucking trash.

>spirit hearts
>spirit hearts
>some more spirit hearts
>holy water

This is why antibirth will forever be master race. The fucking Angel Rooms are actually worth something. You know, that and the hundreds of other reasons I could list.

Whoever thought angel rooms shouldn't have items whould be fired, and whoever changed devil rooms so they don't always have devil deals should also be fired.

>edmund
and
>edmund

The man has batshit dumb ideas of what "challenge" should be.

>and whoever changed devil rooms so they don't always have devil deals should also be fired.
That's too light for a fuck up of this caliber. And on that note the babies you can get from them need to go. Who the FUCK wants to give up an hp or three for sister maggy?
>muh precedent
Oh right, egghead would.

thats my firts rainbow chest

Why don't you guys like Mei?

I haven't played her but the video I saw of her seemed really fun.

>time for a clean sweep with Krampus's head
>lolnoitspinsrandomlynow
Why the fuck do they think ruining items is a good idea?

Haven't played her.

Is steak boy the only dev who's this obsessed with """balance""" in a single player game?

oh shit, nice. Post the haul.

I've beaten everything in the game and have nearly 170 hours and I still haven't gotten a rainbow chest. I also haven't gotten the transformation yet and I have only gotten the glitch chest once. They need to up the rates of these things by a little bit, they should be rare but not THAT rare.

>get devil room
>it's not a deal but 3 red chests
>2 have spiders or troll bombs and the last teleports you into the room you're already in
>when it's a deal it's familiars that honestly change next to nothing
And then of course he had the brilliant idea of letting it sometimes happen for treasure rooms too.

Just unlocked the bullet. How do you guys play with it? Keep the sword at all times or swap when better guns come along? I'm still finding a little difficult to attack with it without the rainbow shots. I also always hated the casey.

Stay at full red HP as much as you can and utulize that fact that the sword slash destroys projectiles. If you're at full red HP you literally don't need another weapon, unless you wanna clear the room faster or something. Honestly when playing as the bullet I use it for the entire time I have red HP unless I have a better gun for room clearing or boss fighting, which honestly aren't many since it can keep you alive longer.

>Each piece of Junk grants The Robot a 5% damage increase.

This is so fucking good. I almost makes up for the heart increasing itens not giving it anything.

Glitch chests actually aren't all THAT rare, it's rainbow ones that are incredibly uncommon. I didn't find one until over 350+ hours into the game so buckle up. I could see rainbow chest rates being increases slightly, but they shouldn't be too close to glitch chest rates, maybe double it from what it is currently.

I use Blasphemy only when I have full hp, no other option, or need a defensive quick swap wep. Thing about it is, it's an amazing weapon, but only if you're at full hp, since it effectively gives it a range option, and doubles your damage up close - for this reason, armor can be a crucial thing for Bullet so you have a buffer for blasphemy beams. Blasphemy is nice, but it eventually does start to be pretty bad compared to some of the higher end (B+ tier) boss crushers or room clearers. For example, there's basically no reason to use Blasphemy outside of defensive purposes (which you can just make it your quick swap for) if you pick up something like The Heroine or Megahand. The best thing about the weapon though, is when your run starts to pop off, Blasphemy can become absolutely retarded. All the bullet augments and modifiers can work on the sword beams, and it has infinite ammo. If you getting things like fat bullets, scatter shot, bouncy bullets, remote bullets, accuracy ups, status bullets, etc. all will carry to the sword beams.

I don't care for casey too much myself, but I will admit it's a damn effective weapon. Even if you play like a bitch an don't get in melee range, you can still absolutely devastate enemies by hitting their bullets back at them