How'd I do Veeky Forums?

How'd I do Veeky Forums?

Just picked it up for $3500.
'95 with 90k miles

Other urls found in this thread:

advrider.com/index.php?threads/what-kind-of-gas-mileage-does-a-chevy-350-realy-get.798338/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Father had a 93

Godmachines

I'm proud of you OP. I am not being sarcastic.

3500 with 90k miles?
hot damn user you did great
3500 around my parts would get me one with like 150k+ miles and rusty

Please keep it clean with no visible mods.

So rare to see them in this condition.

Good job my man. 2 door Tahoes are bae. Hard to find clean ones anywhere. Treat her right and sh'll last you a long time.

>350tbi
2bh I wouldn't take it for free, swap in a 4.8/5.3/6.0 and you got something worth having tho

Only good thread tonight.

Good job OP, makes me happy that you got such a sweet ride. May she treat you right and you do the same.

Where I live that would sell for 8k and there would be rust spots on the wheel wells.

._.

Since people seem to enjoy it I'll post some more pics. 1/6

2/6

That's fucking solid. Those old 5.7s are foot for half a million miles if you take good care of it.

My cock is fucking diamonds right now. I love to see an older, average car properly cared for.

>2 door SUVs are never coming back

;_;

3/6
The worst part of the body was this section under driver's side handle.

Fuck off glip glop. 4.8s and 5.3s are gutless on the low end while 6.0s are overpriced and just as bad on gas as 7.4s.

Put some period correct wheels on it, those GMT900 Tahoe wheels don't look right on it.

I have a 99' bought it for 2,900 with 90k miles (had nigger rims got rid of asap)

>3500
>20+ y/o gm
you dun goofed op, never pay more than 2,000 for a 90s gm

Thank that nigger with a screwdriver for knocking $500 off of the value before you bought it.

4/6

5/6

6/6

That looks like a nice interior desu.

How are those nigger wheels

There was originally 22"s on it i removed them and installed a 15" dishmag

2 Door SUVs are the strongest race.

Where did you buy this? Must not be from the rust belt, all those things rotted into the ground where I live.

lol what garbage is this? Have you even drive a 5.3? They haul ass with no problem, especially compared to a tbi 350, which is a gutless turd that barely breaks 200hp.

hey look the gay furry posted something retarded, again!

>benchracer detected
I've driven TBI 350s, Vortec 350s, 5.3 LM7s, and 6.0 LQ9s. The LQ9 is the only decent LS based truck motor that's fairly easy to obtain for a reasonable price for a swap.

The 4.8s are garbage in stock form, the LM7s behave like a mild cam and tune on an L31. They just trade low end power for top end power. In a fullsize daily driven truck, the low end power is a lot more important. The LQ4 is a decent replacement for the L31 but drinks gas like an L29 and burns oil like an L18.

But keep looking at peak HP numbers online and pretending that you can rate engines from best to worst in a linear manner based entirely off of that number.

TLDR: 6.0 is good, but a 7.4 is a cheaper, easier swap for simlar results. 4.8 is a step backwards and 5.3 is good for a car but worse for a truck than the 5.7 it would replace.

Undercoat that bitch.

>this wall of text trying to justify getting 12mpg and not even 200whp
This is really fucking sad, I'm not joking, look at yourself dude, you're a joke.

Good.

They will last into 400k and you basically bought a new car for a 1/3 of the price.

Pretty jealous right now..

Even niggers know they are great trucks

>12mpg
>TBI 350
Take care of your shit. They're easily capable of 18-19 on the highway.

What?
My friend has a yukon 2dr and it can't get 15mpg max, we used it every day to drive on the freeway 30 miles to work and got a really good idea of the mileage it gets, foh with this bullshit

he's a retarded furry, best to ignore him

Someone post the webm of him spinning out like a retard

For the love of everything that's right, please leave it the way it is.

Fuel economy increased 14% over 2 years, impressive.

>1 vehicle sampled in the first year
Statistical error obviously.

Total of six sampled vehicles across three years from a site that does not take driving style or vehicle condition/upkeep into account. You played yourself, fool.

Plus my own experience with the yukon 2dr I drive in all the time, plus my 2 different neighbors that also own 350tbi trucks, plus literally anybody you ask that isn't you, fuck you're so butthurt right now it's so satisfying how hard you're grasping for straws.

>fuck you're so butthurt right now it's so satisfying how hard you're grasping for straws.

Not him but it's pretty obvious when you're projecting your own asshurt onto others. I can't decide between you or Vtak Yo on who's the most retarded.

>furfag with no throttle control driving shitbox trucks that arent maintained

>gets shit economy

you dont say

TOP WEW BOI

One friend turned into the one you drive all the time plus two neighbors as you started grasping for more straws. Cool it with the made up anecdotal evidence. No one here gives a shit what you think anyway. You're just the retarded furry that bought a mememobile.

>isn't maintained
the engine bay is clean enough to eat off of, the truck has like 100k miles and it's a 95, the truck is immaculate.
I already did better than the sites that actually test real world fuel economy by stating that is gets 15mpg when that entire trip I was doing daily was almost all freeway mileage, you can't get a better scenario than what I was doing fuel economy wise, and it still only got 15mpg, not to mention you're instantly going for an ad hominem, not to mention it's widely known the 350tbi gets horrendous fuel mileage.
Basically you got BTFO and you can't handle it, keep the (You)s coming tho.

Dad has a '99. These damn things do not quit. 260k miles.

>hurr clean engine means its maintained

GET THE FUCK OUT

>still this upset even when it's literally your word vs an entire website dedicated to fuel economy plus me seeing 3 different vehicles align with that website
Lemme ask you something, do you even own a chevy truck with a 350tbi?
On one hand you must, otherwise you wouldn't be this butthurt, but on the other hand if you did, you'd realize how awful the fuel economy is.
I can't tell if you're just being contrarian becuase your emotions against me or your being biased because you own the truck in question.

Telling someone they got BTFO doesn't make it true.

Coming from someone that has spent a lot of time in and around these trucks and talking to fellow owners, the L05 is definitely NOT known for being bad on gas.

It's not an ad hominem if it's attacking a characteristic of you that has a direct affect on what is being discussed.

While the L05s aren't known for being bad on gas, you are known for hating GMT400s and making shit up on the spot to draw them in a negative light. You're also known for being retarded.

Go start a Toyota furfag circle jerk thread where your input might be relevant. You and Alex would get along great.

here, have an entire thread of everybody agreeing on 12mpg, people that aren't me.
advrider.com/index.php?threads/what-kind-of-gas-mileage-does-a-chevy-350-realy-get.798338/
I too have spent a lot of time working on and around chevy trucks, I literally just did the intake gaskets on a 350tbi, I've done a shit ton of work on these trucks and I know how shitty they are, these early to mid 90s chevy trucks were literally built entirely with plastic inside for as cheap as possible, everything will start breaking soon, everything.
I just had to replace the dash pot on the blend door in one, extremely common problem with these trucks and it's a major pain in the ass to get to, these trucks are not nice trucks, they are not high quality.
They are cheap trucks with bad fuel mileage, the only part that will last is the engine, and you'll dump a fortune in gas into it to even use half the lifespan of it.

>making more shit up on the spot, just like you're known to
>hating on GMT400s, just like you're known to

Making what up?

Anecdotal evidence and everything else in your post. It's just what you do.

Telling you not to lie about GMs suck Toyota dick would be like cutting a bird's wings off entirely. You'd have nothing left.

i have a 1990 tbi 350 in my c&c and i recently converted it to a carb setup, 12mpg is what i get with a fully loaded truck, can get 16mpg unloaded

Except I haven't made anything up, these trucks are cheaply built trash, I work on them all the time and have to deal with their bullshit constantly.

TRIPFAG RETARD FIGHT

>replying to furries

the Veeky Forums of even 5 years ago knew better than this. Get it together you retards.

You literally googled chevy clicking noise dash and found results for people with a bad blower motor resistor that takes all of 60 seconds to change with one you got for $5 from the local yard.
Which, by the way is not even an issue for the trucks being discussed. Note that all of those are 99-06.

That does not mean the entire interior is made of plastic any more so than any competitors.

That does not mean the trucks fall apart.

That does not mean they are cheaply built.

>bad blower motor resistor
Uhh no, that's wrong, it's the blend door actuator, what I just said in Why the fuck would a resistor, something which has no moving parts, cause a clicking sound?
They are cheap shit, they are total fucking cheap shit, I deal with them regularly.

Because it provides power to parts that do have moving parts you fucking retard.

>you're a joke
Hey at least he didn't pay money to be a cool guy on Veeky Forums

So a resistor going out causes a motor to make clicking noises?
And you call me a retard?
Bro, you have lots to learn, do you even work on cars at all?
Explain to me right now why a resistor going out causes a blower motor to make clicking sounds.

>pay money to be a cool guy
Can you elaborate on this?

Yiff in hell

i used to, now i own glorious ford 351

Saved up and bought a 95 2dr yukon when I was in junior in highschool around 2002. Slayed so much pussy in that truck, goddamn. Still miss it.

>advrider.com/index.php?threads/what-kind-of-gas-mileage-does-a-chevy-350-realy-get.798338/
looks to me like they are generally saying 16avg, some 20s some 14s, most posters saying 8-12 have lifts and oversized tires

Might wanna re-read it then
Might wanna also read fuelly
Why did you drop trip burbalade? Worried people would see you for what you are, a biased shill who can't accept his truck is shit?

i would suggest you reread, you claimed they agreed on 12mpg, and they dont. ive got nothing to prove

i get 12-16, but since im driving a 7250lb c&c i would assume most pickups could do way better

>Why did you drop trip burbalade?
you talking to me?

this is mine. i need to re title it but it just hit 200k 5.7 its beat to hell but runs alright.

and it gets about 12 to 14mpg highway driving.

>somebody post the webm of him spinning out so every fact he just laid out will suddenly and magically become false and I can quell this dissonance I'm feeling
Sorry buddy, not quite how it works, even if you REALLY REALLY want it to be.
This entire thread is just proving how biased and retarded you chevy faggots are, especially burbalade, I swear he's got an alert system set up that automatically texts him or something when people talk about chevy trucks, at least I hope he does because if he's actively searching the board for this shit that's hella sad, chevy internet defense force, I really hope they pay you, but I know they don't have to.
Is there anything worse than these people that refuse to accept their truck gets horrible fuel mileage, has no power and is cheaply built plastic shit?

>cant drive for shit
>thinks anything he says matters

Makes me feel good knowing your shit driving is gonna kill you eventually.

Is your dissonance letting up yet?
Are my facts less wrong yet?
Wew, didn't think so, keep on keepin on tho

That wasn't me, retard. I've been using my trip lately since I come around more than once every few months.

As mentioned here I averaged 16 MPG with my Vortec 350 in a 3/4 ton 4x4 Suburban in conditions that were horrible for fuel economy. The TBI 350s are only slightly worse than the Vortecs on gas. You really think a much lighter 1/2 ton 2 door Tahoe with 3.42s or 3.73s instead of 4.10s is going to get 12 MPG on the highway if it's had any effort put into maintaining it?

You come across as more and more retarded every time you post.

>"Alternative Facts"

>facts

Where? Saying something is true doesn't mean it is.

What conditions that are horrible for fuel economy are those?
More than once for every few months?
Nigger you LIVE here.
Enjoy your piece of shit truck

>Enjoy your piece of shit truck

I thought everyone else (except you, of course) were butthurt? Sounds like you're pretty mad to me!

Maybe you should shove a dragon dildo up your ass and settle down.

Why would I be mad? I don't own a chevy.
Actually, I take that back, I am kinda mad since I have to fix them so often, it gets really old working on those trucks like I do.

>I-I-I-I'm not mad, I swear!

Same time next week?

>anime reaction pics
How about later today?
Going shooting rn

>furry comparing about anything
really made me laugh

>Going shooting rn
>Im super asshurt because everyone thinks I'm a fucking idiot again so I'm gonna go cry

FTFY

>What conditions that are horrible for fuel economy are those?

-Following someone on the highway that refuses to drop below 90mph unless he sees a cop
Not great for 4.10s and 31s with a .75 OD, in case you were wondering.
-Ran into standstill traffic on the highway, took two hours to get around Raleigh
-Driving up a mountain to go to work at least twice a day for a week
-Heavy traffic, often standstill, and contruction zones where three lanes funneled into one (replacing a bridge) between the job and everywhere else
-Myself and 2-4 passengers depending on who was riding with who
-Loaded down with tools, equipment, and material for work because it was more secure than using the pickups

>Enjoy your piece of shit truck
I'll be buying another on the same platform before long. I've driven and worked on a lot but these are my favorite by a large margin.

my truck is lifted 2", 4.56 gears, 12' steel & wood deck and with a load of 2 yards of gravel it hasnt dropped below 12mpg pushing ~12000lbs total

on a carbed 90's tbi 350 w/ shitty iron swirl port heads

I have half ton short-box truck that actually does get 8-12 mpg but that's with a big block running rich

This sounds like someone that hates himself and his truck trying to project those feelings onto others.

Are you me?
Picked this up last week. I love red trucks, so this ended up being a dream vehicle for me.

I don't ever come to this board but I just wanted you to know that you're a fucking faggot. No one likes you and your whacko chuck e' cheese suit. Also , your weird fragile personality makes me think you're trying to emulate a woman.

Beady good

1994 $2500

put your trip back on MrFurry

I'm jelly

you mixed your trips up. cummy is the furry.

Good deal. Good truckcar

God it's beautiful

>the engine bay is clean enough to eat off of,

Because they sprayed all the oil gunk and leakage off. That's how they sell you on it. Wait a month and then you'll see what's leaking everywhere.

Owned the truck for like 10 years dude