/rwg/ - Rimworld General

No tears, only dreams Edition

>What is Rimworld?
An early access single player survival simulation game like Dwarf Fortress /dfg/
>How is it different from Dorfort?
Sci-fi setting with better graphics and mods
>New patch notes
ludeon.com/blog/
>Mods
steamcommunity.com/app/294100/workshop/
nexusmods.com/rimworld
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0

(I'm new, what mods should I get?)
pastebin.com/GFj7rxKK
(/rwg/ mods)
pastebin.com/6rzMQNjG

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WUVh8G3ZeHM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lmaoing @ futautist right now

fugg

Congrats on your ded thred.
You just killed /rwg/

Thrumbo is for cud and luv.

rather have a dead general rather than a general full of shitposting.

Rimworld only exists to troll dorfort.

It's doing kind of a shit job, then, cause it somehow manages to be even deader than dfg. Which is a fucking achievement.

Because everyone is busy trolling /dfg/

> Get a call
> Damsel in distress needs help
> Don't worry m'lady, these raiders are as good as dead.
> She comes. No hauling, no passion in anything but social and art, but the worst thing is
> Luciferium addict
> Let her stand as a bait and throw grenades at her while the raiders swat them.
> MFW colonists are only pissed for a day because they have seen (and caused) her to die

10/10 would kill Luciferium addict again

before the thread dies

Anyone know what files I should fuck with to revert napalm code to an earlier version? New HCSK broke inferno cannons among other thigns

My colony did nothing wrong

>using modpacks
It's like you enjoy suffering.

when will the next update be released?

downloading all that shit individually is 2hard

also it's been """""""relatively""""" stable until that point

Anyone with experience running 2 colonies, or more, at once? I want to set up a small mining outpost and resupply area for raids.

Give me plasteel damn it.

your mining technique is inefficient. google minecraft strip mining :P

Then only get what interests you and skip the rest. It's probably CR though. Not exactly an expert since I never used it, but there are a couple differences between CR itself and the version in the pack.
For starters the pack uses instead of for the inferno cannon ammo and presumably other explosive weapons. Then there's the fact that that part of the code is in the ammo def in HCSK but is in the projectile def in vanilla CR.
Try changing every instance of explosive into explosion?
Do other explosive weapons work as intended?

how do I exactly change std frequency in rjw? pls help

>Do other explosive weapons work as intended?

doesn't look like it, the frag grenades seem to work though, but even the dev mode explosions do nothing

You edit the goddamn file.

how

open it with notepad

>even the dev mode explosions do nothing
Unless those actually call for a projectile they should work. So either the author redid how explosions work from scratch except for grenades, or there's something terribly wrong with your game.

frag nades work because they have the shrapnel feature and I guess only vanilla effects were fucked up

replacing explosive with explosion in one def made shit get tons of errors but maybe I made a mistake somewhere, think I'll just wait and hope my forum post gets noticed

now what

delete it all and save.

Is a way to reduce the blight frequency? Or remove that event?, is fucking annoying

How do I not just lose a colony every-time an infestation happens?

what kind of infestation? Alien?

Listen, in order to survive an infestation, your first big mining area should be a wide open space, I usually use it as a big storage space with production buildings up against the wall. The first really big space is definitely going to be the spot your infestation will show up in. Once it does, have everyone line up against the door on the outside. Then have someone open it. All your pawns will fire into the room and cut them down before they get to you(mostly). Don't forget to tell gun pawns in melee range to fire instead of trying to out-slash a damn xeno-scyther. That should save you with minimal casualties.

Also, sometimes they spawn at secondary locations at the same time as the first so be thorough in your search.

Anybody ever done this? I want to know whether I'll hit fps death if I set up a 6 man mining/supply op closer to enemy towns while already having 10 people at my main colony.

Depends where they are. If you can form an airlock and make and quarantine that area, I like to sneak one pawn with a molotov in and start a fire. The temperatures will get ridiculously high.
A good alternative are animals. If you have many, but they are not tamed, just set their zone in the infestation and you should be able to clean it up (just care, animal always get friendly fire, even at close range like 3 tiles.
The last thing, but that won't help you know, is being prepared.
youtube.com/watch?v=WUVh8G3ZeHM
Check this out for how they work, and make them spawn where you want them. If you make it smart, you can arrange it that they form your main line of defense, or are easy to kill and therefore are a good shooting training.
On ice sheet, they are a valid form of getting meat if you want to take the risk to farm them. You probably have to heat up a cavern, then they will spawn there.

How do I install the expanded prothetics and organ engineering mod so that it works with my existing save?

frick

just activate the mod, it should work fine unless you have other mods that are incompatible. In that case, try putting in on the last place and maybe it doesn't break things. Do you know how to make a safety copy?

what the heck try and keep the thread alive idiots.

Ok.

FUTAMOD WHEN

With:
-male & female reproductive organs (womb & balls}, both applicable on the same pawn
-male & female sexual organs (dick & pussy}, both applicable on the same pawn
-necrophilia & nymphomaniac traits, necrophiliacs getting mood boost from harvested organs from zombies / dead pawns
-pawn thoughts from dick sizes in relationship, masochists getting mood boost from it
-craftable reproductive organs, from balls of steel, wooden and iron dildos to bionic vacuum pussies and golden pleasuresticks
-pawns with ascetic and prostophobe trait prefer and enjoy the low-grade solutions while greedy, prostophile and others the high-grade ones
-sculptable nudes, dildos and wooden horses
-new disease called "futa fever" needing regular treatment in every few days - if futa fever is not treated a new minor break called "stalking" will happen - after multiple minor breaks a major break will make the colonist leave to look for futas elsewhere - futa fever may disappear on its own or after being in a relationship with a futa
-futa dick juice with medicinal properties and as a luxury food ingredient (think of incest jelly but hotter) - may cause "futa fever" if taken regularly - may cause minor non-harmful addiction raising consciousness a little when taking in moderation and decreasing it when overdosed (range is from +10% to -10%)
-unarmed melee attack called "futacockslap" which incapacitates the opponent with a very high chance
-growable dickshroom / cockshroom plant which can be refined into aphrodisiac (effects yet to be determined)
-OPTIONAL: dick graphics for pawns when nude

WE ARE LOOKING FOR CODERS AND ARTISTS FOR THE PROJECT
THE CREATIVE STAFF IS FULL BUT IS ALWAYS OPEN TO DISCUSS NEW IDEAS

All these ideas are either shit or have already been done.

no pls ^^

> He can't handle a colony of full luciferium addicts
LOW ENERGY

'no'

Trade convoys man. There's so much STUFF to trade.

Lock it up and turn it into a raid/mechanoid meat grinder.

>not using her as expendable supersoldier
Do you even profit?

Fire.
Cook the motherfuckers.

hey faggot there is a modder in /dfg/ that would probably do this in dorf fort so go over there and suggest all of this shit to him

Dorf mod when?

Dorfort is unfappable. Futas are wasted on that trash.

I have no luci. Besides, my colonists are perfectly happy with Yayo

Can't risk her losing her shit and potentially killing my wolf puppies

>Can't risk her losing her shit and potentially killing my wolf puppies
Was she on withdrawal already? I heard they can go well for about 5 days before they need next dose.

Last time I did this a colonist had a mental break: Food binge. He ran into a 300°C hot room to get some of that insect jelly. I always thought your basic survival instincts stay intact when you lose your shit

>lose your shit
>survival instincts stay intact
It would too easy to keep them in check.

>Build prison deep in mountain, in a long singular corrdor with 40 doors to outside.
>Dump her there, along with any other prisoners
>Have them fistfight the infestation when it spawns

Can anyone recommend a non-bullshit scenario? One that already has blight removed and other things like that? I'd rather not click through these one at a time..we should really get a checklist instead of this garbage

Install the pests mod, it replaces the blight event to bugs that munch on your crops if you're not fast enough.

i hope this gets implemented into the main game

>tfw no mod to allow pack animals to remain packed whenever you colonize a map tile, instead of vomiting everything onto the ground in the rain when you haven't even built a shelter
>tfw no mod to make predators capable of stunning humans, so they're actually good at combat and not useless high-risk-no-reward pets
>tfw no mod to make invading bases not a complete fucking waste of time and resources
>tfw no mod to enable incestuous lovers to have sex
>tfw no mod to enable sex with prisoners

> good point
> Would be op. Animals can be very strong right now if used correctly.
> i give that one to you
> Isn't this already in the main game?
> Try Rimjobworld, you won't be disappointed.

Fuck off useless idea guys.

>Farm Animals can be very strong right now if used correctly.
Fixed that for you. There is no reason to risk taming/put up with feeding bears/wolves/cougars when you can just tame some grass-eating pigs and chickens and have an exponentially-growing attack army (with hauling in the case of pigs) to zerg every threat in the game down with.

>Isn't this already in the main game?
Mechanically it's implemented but the "sex clock" that determines how often lovers have sex is automatically set to like once in 3 years if they're relatives.

>incestuous lovers
Just reduce the attraction malus. It's an easy XML edit.

>sex with prisoners
What is RJW?

How modder-friendly is Rimworld anyway? Is it like DF or 4x games where adjusting values is so simple that pretty much anybody could jump into it?

I have free time and the game is honestly unplayable without at least the first 2 features implemented.

>wanting your gay loli lesbian sisters to waste an hour of every night fucking when they're going to be constantly ecstatic from being in a relationship with their sister anyway

Depends on what you're trying to. Creating a custom weapon that sets people on fire and poisons them is something that takes ten minutes with a text editor. Creating a new event or modifying specific mechanics takes a but more effort.

> Berserk pawn punches IED.webm

Farm animals have pros and cons. Anybody can train them (fast), they are expendable and you can let them pasture. Make 2 groups so if you lose one to a surprise raid, you don't have to care. But they are also slow and weak.

So instead of pigs, I recommend wild boars. He has more attack, and 5 ms instead of 3,6. But he is less tanky. Still, speed is more important in melee vs ranged combat, so then they are better.

Chicken are good as a buffer and tank between the frontlines. But as an alternative, I like tortoises, who you can train, but also just put on a tile and they tank a bit more then chicken and are similiarly hard to hit. Chicken are better if you want to blow then enemy triple rocket launcher.

Bulls could go as cheap bears, but when you can better take elephants and bears.

But farm animals still have one important benefit: They don't count towards the animal limit. So if you have hordes of chicken and pigs, wild animals will still spawn for you too hunt. If you have 70 wild boars, no wild animals will spawn anymore.

Alright, as long as there's legible text files to look through. I'm cautiously optimistic since both stunning and automatic offloading are things that are applied conditionally, so hopefully it's a simple matter of changing the conditions rather than the mechanics.

The absolute best case scenario would be to be able to treat entering a zone like raiding, where you can enter and harvest for 24 hours (or possibly more) without actually committing your colony to the space. It would go a long way toward streamlining nomad-style gameplay.

Yeah, when I said pigs I meant boars. Boars are basically attack dogs with much less effort involved.

Wild pets counting toward the animal limit sounds silly though. If anything, it's another reason why taming animals fucking sucks, with the exception being the obviously-overpowered Wild Boars.

Have you ever tried walling of completely, leaving a one wide L shaped sandbag filled (so the back rows can't shoot so often) entrance and put three elefants in front of it? Nobody will get through. Sadly, you can't put pawns with guns behind it, because even from 1 tile distance, animals will catch friendly fire (colonists won't until 3 tiles).

Try that strategy, nobody will get through

You could use anything (and nothing) with a death corridor variant and it would work. The key issue of the raw combat/utility value of high-difficulty tamed pets being poor compared to easier alternatives still remains.

>offloading
That might be one of the complicated things I was referring to. I looked through pretty much every XML and I didn't find anything about it.
>stunning
That one should be easier to track down. Predator bite/attack code applies a stun effect like you said, but it seems it only does so on a surprise attack. Forgot the exact wording and I can't check right now, sorry.
I also have no idea what the fuck counts as a surprise attack. I assume it stuns if the predator attacks while the target isn't in combat mode, but it's just a guess. It's not on a first-strike basis since it should only stun for less than half a second, but you can see prey stunned for at least a couple.

>where you can enter and harvest
Already done, check Set Up Camp.

> I also have no idea what the fuck counts as a surprise attack.
It's when prey has they backs to it.

> Invading bases
Have you seen the glitterworld medicine they keep lying around? Don't even try killing the colony. Just run in and grab it. They don't mind much.

What are some fun challenge/gimmick runs?

Is it? I could swear I've seen prey stunned while facing the predator.
Then again character sprites do fuck up at random.

I didn't know about the surprise attack mechanic, that sounds like a bit of an issue. I was hoping it would involve it's own tag or something since predators have stun specifically to help them not get their asses killed just by hunting small game (which really says a lot about how underpowered predators are right now).

I'm almost certain I've seen tortoises and such getting stunned while they're fighting back against the predator.

Although I have to wonder if stunning is even the correct route to go on this. It might be better to just give carnivores a substantial stat boost instead, since stuns are usually OP as hell.

> Rimegon Trail
The instant you get the free space ship message, caravan up and GO. Don't stop until you get there.

Then I have no idea, we have to look this deeper.

>carnivores a substantial stat boost instead
They murder my colonitst just fine as they are. Nerf damage from the non-carnivores.

That's true, they won't hold up to a cost-gain analysis. But they are fun^^

MFW when a warg suffocates from the wound inflicted by a tortoise

But on a serious note, doesn't the stun just happen when the "job" ob the animal is hunting? I don't think this has anything to do with surprising an enemy.

Carnivores aren't completely useless since they'll hunt in the wild on their own and generally come out with little to no injuries (and the scratches will help your doctor train anyway)

They'll leave behind corpses you can chop up for materials and if you train them to haul they'll even bring those corpses to you on occasion.

>not installing the hunt mod

I brought up the surprise attack because that's literally what the xmls say. Look any carnivore in the ThingDefs_Races folder. Their melee verbs have a section with containing the stun effect and its duration.
When exactly the game calls that particular function, I have no idea.
I did tinker briefly with it and tried giving the stun effect to parts from the Cthulhu mod but I failed. Then again it was against an already hostile target, and tamed animals don't stun hostile raiders.
It might indeed be related to the hunting job since technically it is a literal surprise attack and the stun doesn't seem to proc in open combat, but since prey can break free from being stunlocked to death there must be something else behind it.
Also like I said, you can see prey stunned for a couple of seconds, which shouldn't actually be possible given that the stun effect should only last less than half a second and melee cooldowns are always above one second.
Dunno, nothing about stuns makes sense.

Há, if colonists are sick and they lay down people will feed them.

>have three male colonists with RJW installed
>blueballed as fuck a week in
>capture a traveling trader girl to satisfy them
>they beat her to death in less than two days

Jesus fucking christ

>Start new game
>Spend ONE night sleeping on the floor
>
>Eats my entire stockpile of survival meals

God damn, this game sometimes.

>not building beds as literally the first thing you do

It's not like they're hard to move.

>not arresting binging colonists immediately
What were you thinking?

and risking them dying from a fist fight and deal with the -10 mood for 1 week?

Depending on the biome, that's the right thing to do.
Besides, unless every punch hits them in the torso, they'll just pass out.
Sure it's a gamble, but if the only food on the map is a predator that can rip your other colonists to shreds, it's the right move.

i guess i still have much to learn in this game

v17 when?

Why play Rimworld when Dwarf Fortress exists?

In my experience most nonviolent mental breaks go quietly when arrested anyway.

getting arrested is literally a coinflip if they will comply or get aggressive (50/50)

UI is not completely horrible. Otherwise, yeah, if the UI wasn't that shitty I would love to get into DF