1981 corvette

hey Veeky Forums, i dont know shit about cars so i come here seeking your educated opinions. il link the craiglist so you can see what it has aswell as copy the details here. id be buying for 25k, is it worth that? i would be making it my daily driver if i were to buy it. share your thoughts with me Veeky Forums.

oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/6049849542.html

heres what he says about it:

383 Stroker, 6--71 Weiand Blower, Two 600 holley carburetors, Steel crank, Blower pistons, Roller rockers, 675 L 375 d cam, Doug Nash 5 speed, Short shift pattern, Quick release steering wheel, dark tint t-- tops, detuned for street, large fans for street use, Looks and runs great, new $5000.00 carbon fiber seat covers and door panels, was told over 800 hp from previous owner, detuned to 600 hp for street use. JPthis is a very fast car. A few things that needs to be repaired are speedo and tach,

Other urls found in this thread:

daytona.craigslist.org/cto/6082873636.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i added up the parts mentioned apart from the seat covers and 675 L 375 d cam, because it didnt show up anywhere and came up to about 10k.

Before we even discuss cost, I really don't think it's very wise to invest in that vehicle if you're not super interested in cars, or know much about repairs and maintenance in general.

25k can get you a lot of car, and if you want something fast, there's plenty of options out there for you. Especially if you're open to the used market.

No

Im not obsessed, but appreciate a good car, and wanting to learn more on how they operate and how to repair. Say hypothetically i was a car conasseur, would you recommend the car then? Would i lose money of it if i sold it a year from now? I wouldnt imagine so since corvettes have low depreciation.

It's probably worth $14k at best.

> If you don't have a minimum starting offer of $25,000.00 in cash or part trade and cash to make up the difference please don't respond.

ROFLcopter.

- The fucking speedo and tach don't work (aka the odometer doesn't work either).
- Modded by the owner before him; "was told 800 hp by previous owner" -- lol he clearly bought it off someone and realized it was too much for him so he's trying to flip it for profit.
- He puts an apostophe in Harleys (Harley's) and misspells Camaro (Camero).
- He says "new $5000.00 carbon fiber seat covers and door panels" as if that somehow adds value.
- Interior is riced out and there are 3 flip switches in the center console that probably aren't functional.
- Rear badge painted red lol.
- Fast 'n' Furious giant aftermarket tach attached to the steering column with a hose clamp.

Offer to mow his lawn + $12.5k.

>Not into cars
>About to pull the trigger on a shop queen C3 with more problems than apollo fucking 13
>25K for a car that's worth 6 at the very best
ProTip: Modifications do not add value.
ProTip Two: If you're not into cars, don't go driving no 600HP worn out car with a fucking suspension from the 80's.

Buy a roached to shit early 00's economy car/pickup truck and work on that so you're not shitting 25 thousand dollars away if you decide "Mechanical repairs suck. I'm gonna sell this heap and buy a civic"

>14K
>going through a repair period
>C3
c'mon now.

Welcome then, maybe you can pick up some nuggets of info through all the shitposting.

I still wouldn't, and I wouldn't pay that much for it. It's maybe worth 16, IMO. It's also going to be kinda hard to sell. Also, realize the kind of machine you're buying here. It's been extensively modified, and won't drive nearly like you might expect. Mods will fail, and while they do, the gutted car underneath is dying and getting tired. Old American vehicles don't last as long as you might expect, and these extensive mods don't help that.

For 25k you can buy some great fucking cars that will be so much more fun to drive. If you're just getting into this, trust us, and get something that won't require constant life saving fixes.

>corvettes have low depreciation.

Except late c3's, nobody wants them.

daytona.craigslist.org/cto/6082873636.html

12k, stock, clean, low miles.

what would you recommend for about 25k then? where do i go to learn what i need to learn? i feel i have decent enough understanding of mechanics and youtube i could piece something together, i think a good question would be; what car would you buy if you had 25k? what would you add to it?

what would the price for the car be without all the add ons? do the collective price of all the add ons not raise the price marginally? the parts altogether would be over 10k. im seeing alot of mid teen numbers on what it should be worth as if the mods dont contribute to anything. im not trying to sell you on the car these are just my thoughts, please correct me if im wrong

If I wanted to learn to do my own work? I would buy a $5k car so you could learn on it, and then in a few years buy a $25k car I could properly appreciate. Read the sticky, we've got a ton of $5k cars to chose from.

I was the original guy from the first two, but largely what said.

Get something with a little breathing room on price. I'm a Subaru shill, and I'd probably try to grab a gently used STI, WRX, or even something like a new Civic if I wanted to spent around 20k. I've found that learning on japanese cars, especially older ones, is a pleasurable experience.

You can have a lot of fun with some of the cars on the sticky, and get a really fucking clean one if you want to spend more than 5k on it.

i was just looking at pic related, if i were to get one of these cars what should i do to it to gain as much knowledge i possibly could from it? and why would you align with a single brand? what are the perks of subaru compared to any other car

forgot pic

The brand alignment is just because I'm absolutely retarded but enjoy their cars.

Just learn the car. Read up on it, work on understanding the mechanics of it and really learn to drive it.

>do the collective price of all the add ons not raise the price marginally?
Add ons are neutral at best, but typically devalue the price of the car by $0.50 for every dollar of mod.

>c3
>buying someone else's molested project
>daily driving a highly modified car with a shit ton of power
Buy a clean later c4 or a c5. $25k will get you a decent c5 Z06 and almost a c4 ZR1.

>minimum starting offer of $25,000.00
>or please don't respond
I like this guy.

>Pro Street
Not with that factory corvette rear end.