/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Quintuple-teamed by Raime and his four bitches:
>Discord-sponsored tournament on March 25:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted "Capital Knight" armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (404, please re-upload): my.mixtape.moe/ldkpad.webm

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform?usp=sf_link
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/4/?
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/1240/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ALEX IS BEST

Personally, I'd recommend you get it on PC instead, if you don't have a toaster, since Steam sales let you buy it for probably half or less of that. You're probably too late to participate in Return to Drangleic anyways, so may as well wait.

If you haven't played DaS2 before, then it's worth it at that price regardless. There are few games out there worth full price anyways.

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

t. alex

This thread has now been buffed with poison resin.

Yeah, all I have is a laptop. If I tried to run Dark Souls 2, it'd probably go up in flames. (But really, the frame rate would be bad. At least on Xbox it'd be 60fps. I think.)

But thanks anyway. I might buy the DLC for DS3 and play it on my NG save since I'll be decently levelled for it. Still need to play the DLC for DS1 as well.

duh

>insight
Naturally, because the games take place in the same universe in the same vain as Drakengard/Nier. :^)

Yuria best girl

#
>breast position
>elongated torso
>fucked up hips
>fucking sketch lines
>shit face
>manchin
>filters to cover up bad detail

Someone needs to spam the loomis meme on this faggot. His souls art is overrated at this point and he needs to move the fuck on.

First for scas a shit artist

hi jojonigger

Who the fuck is jojonigger?

presumably a black guy who likes anime

DS2 is the best Souls game

I hope TRC has a shit ton of DaS2 references and plot points so all the hating faggots never purchase it

Considering we're returning to Earthen Peak, I could see our favorite Jester coming back, with even more pyromancies this time. Otherwise, Maldron returning would be great, even if some insinuation was made toward Pate.
All I really want from TRC is pic related

>lost 700 hours of DaS2 characters cause PC got stolen
>tfw steam doesnt have cloud coverage for it
i wanna play it honestly, its been a few months

should i just buy Scholar if I wanna play it again?

Post the pardoners' audio

Scholar is the only way to play it. Vanilla DaS2 is dead.

kys

REMINDER

In just three weeks the first /dsg/ thread tourney is starting. On March 25th, 2pm PST a PC tournament will be held prior the release of The Ringed City DLC.
Participants will be matched up with others who sign-up and fight for the claim to be /dsg/'s champion. The winner and runner-ups will receive prizes including Steam games and being better than everyone else who fought.

Sign-up sheet is here: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform?usp=sf_link

For the sake of organization either your Steam ID or a Discord ID will be needed to sign-up. If using only one, Steam IDs will be organized via that messages there and Discord users can join the accompanying server in the link above to ensure we don't have last minute drop-outs with no explanation.

RULES:
-Maximum Soul Level of 125 allowed. Someone with CE open will be monitoring all players to make sure this rule and others aren't broken.
-The starting location will be High Wall, followed by Farron Keep bridge and ending at the Darkmoon Tomb.
-Fights are best of 3
-Each fight is 2 minutes long, the one with the most % health left at the end will win if both are alive.
-Gargoyle Flame Spear, Washing Pole, Throwing Knives, Anri's Straight Sword, Ethereal Oak Shield, Twin Dragon Greatshield, and Fire Surge are banned.
-Only two Ashen Estus sips per fight, any more and your win will not count, initiating a rematch. Do this twice and you are disqualified
-All Regen items and spells are banned to disencentize passive shittery. This includes Sun Princess Ring, Blessed Weapon, Spells like Bountiful Sunlight, the weapons/shields mentioned above with innate regen and anything infused with Blessed.
-Normal FC rules still apply such as no healing items. Fight rotation will be determined once brackets are set.

>Twin Dragon Greatshield
ancient dragon*

>cant use bonewheel
Faggy tourney.

what?

you guys better not let lucy win

who?

So what weapon does the most Critical Damage on a 40/40 build now? I'm not using Hornet, but I want something with decent crit damage because Ricard's hits for like 400 on a non-hornet riposte.
For some reason the Dagger does just ever so slightly less than the Rapier (about 7 or so damage, generally) which kind of confuses me as the Dagger has the tied highest crit modifier in the game.
I would've thought crit modifiers would be more important than pure base damage, but apparently not. Am I best off just grabbing whatever highest base damage weapon I can have equipped then? Or is there some hidden gem of a weapon that I don't know about?

To the guy who signed up as 'Supafanboy' give your discord number ID in the response, click the invite link or post your Steam too, as is you just gave a name and can't be contacted on discord due to its shit search feature.

Crow quills have highest AR of all rapiers and boast a 130 critical modifier. Its ripostes do retarded damage, often breaking 1000. That said, the best criticals come from weapons with huge AR. Thats why BKGA, DSGA, and Yhorms were all popular for oneshot parry builds before the patches.

>luci
>pc
>win

fag turnament for fags that bans things with no rime or reason

enjoy getting fucked by actual meta cancer

>everything and their grandmothers are banned
>except Tears of Denials
ebin :-DD

Thorn armor. Crisis averted.
>b-but Sun Princess ring
banned.

>dark sword not banned

Kys kiss yourself faggot

>being bad

>thinking Dark Sword is somehow broken still
>dying to Straight Sword R1 spam

it got nerfed though, so if you ban the dark sword you have to ban all SS

Thorns armor might as well fall under the same category as Fire Surge and throwing knives, since it's your means to finish a person off in one of the most anticlimactic fashions. Having to equip Thorns in a tournament if plain sad when things like knives and Surge are banned.

>>b-but Sun Princess ring
>banned.
Thanks for clearing that up, for a moment there I thought I hadn't read the post I was responding to. Thanks!

>all these rules
What a load of shit

>dude let's have people running around with Poles forever until one of them dies, that's fun to fight in and watch right?

>dark sword
>one of the shittiest straight swords for pvp
>no r1r1r2 rollcatch
>no stance
why should they ban it?

>No throwing knives

Jesus Christ how horrifying

>Thorn Armor should be banned
Ah yes, the armor the does essentially a whole one damage when you roll into a target.
I see where you're coming from but you can't really compare Thorn Armor to throwing knives as the damage is lower and throwing knives can be safely spammed from range without any real way to punish them.
ToD is useless without health regen so there's not really a point to banning it.

Why did the Desert Sorceress Top end up with the reputation for being the sluttiest piece of gear? Smelter's always seemed way lewder than the one that just increased cup size.

>greatwords not banned
Ftfy, greatswords are the new cancer now

>surge 80dmg
>knife 40dmg
>thorn 1dmg at point blank
wew

underboob is the true patricians choice

where does it say bonewheel is banned you triple faggot?

>thorn armor
>at all comparable to surge

Yeah, because you can just walk backwards and slowly melt away an entire HP bar with the four or so damage from thorn armor right? Good luck beating a surge fag with just thorn armor, fuckboy, I hope you enjoy an extended stay in the burn ward while the molten flesh of your freshly Surge'd ass recovers. On the bright side though maybe the nerve damage will keep you from feeling that immense ass pain you're suffering from over your favorite spell being banned, you cabbage eating cocksucker

Ah well, you understand my issue then, that's good. I can live with that, though the thing I'm trying to say here that it looks like an incredibly half-assed job, since you (I assume you're the lad who created the tourney) seem to be banning things that are going to end duels in the most anticlimactic way, but you're not going fully through with it. Either don't ban anything or go all out on the ban list.

lol, im gonna enjoy wrecking these regen fags with my uchi. gonna be like my highlights as an orochi in forhonor

Throwing Knives and Fire Surge aren't banned for finishing people off though - they're banned because people will spam them for the chip damage then run for the two minute fight timer and win because of HP percentages. It'd be boring to watch people finish each other off with knives sure, be way more boring to see some asshat hit a single throwing knife then roll around for two minutes.

thorn armor shouldnt be banned lmfao, learn to roll fgt

What kind of insult is cabbage eating cocksucker?

>pressed underboob
nice

>I created the tourney
I didn't and I'm almost insulted you think I did desu.
But yeah I agree with you about either going all out or not at all for the banlist, I'm glad we share the same view

Please see This is why they are banned. Not because of them being used as finishers.

>tfw das2 is getting too old for mods and das3's mods are on life support
does anyone else care about skins

Want some candy?

>others cant see your sick textures
what's the point?

damn that looks like something out of demons souls without the glow. what mod is that? might want to use it for my wandering monk build

FC at HW
pass: dsg

PC FC?

PC

What SL is recommended for AotA ? I tried killing Darkroot hydra around SL 40 but got fucked.

Not him, but as long as I can see it it's ok. I don't care about what others see, plus I play DaS1 offline.
The mods I have are all HD version of some armors/weapons/environment, not a real change.

you should be fine between 60 - 80

Are you talking about the robes or the sword? The robes are
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/4/?
And the sword is
fresh off the presses
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/1240/?

>plow not banned
baka

t.cancuck

both, they look pretty sweet. i never thought the moonlight sword color scheme would work so well on the black knight sword

boring

Thanks, have a rare pepe

So is there a max range that you can land a parry in DS3 like there was in DS1? Can I max range parry a GFS or doesn't that work?

Is it a meme now? Did I miss something important?

Is this a rapier you're using ? With that armor ? Are you me ?

What kind of strategy should I be going for in PVP on a demon fist build? Ive never really tried running fisticuffs before and they have some significant flaws. Difficulty reaching people, being easily interrupted (this class really needs some HA), and the high risk of being parried thanks to my slow start up. Anyone have advice?

BF!

If I were to make a "Poster boy" build for Dark Souls II, what weapons would I use? The posters/trailers don't seem to use anything consistent.

At the moment I'm leaning towards dual longsword/spear because that's what the BoC uses in the CGI trailer.

yes

Did poison become good or something? What's the memetic value of this.

I want to fuck Pilgrim Bellclaire!

Running L1s are pretty good and have enough forwards momentum to carry you in range for anything that isn't a spear, otherwise you need to play quite defensively and make use of the L1R2L1L1 combo when people run into it.
Oh and unless I'm mistaken you can even use the WA after that whole combo, but I could be wrong.
Speaking of the WA, it's probably got the most HA of the Demon Fist's moveset, so it's worth using fairly frequently.

TL;DR Running L1 is your only good aggressive move, WA is your best bet for hyper armor, learn the cheese combo.

I do love the Faraam set

his shit is only good for a quick fap imo. he's very low /i/ tier

purely memetical
purely forced

Too bad it's looks pretty bad in DS2. Faraam set really shines in DS3.

dragonrider bow, pugs, golden wing shield, dragonslayer axe

Yeah, i hated how it looked like in DS3 but i've used it or parts of it on multiple DS3 characters.
Really want Giant Set back for that superior helmet though.

Is fire good and dark bad, or is dark good and fire bad?

Yes.

True enough, I love the barbute helmet though, shame it has no coif or gorget

no

both are bad welcome to grimdark edgeland

>using a slow weapon
>enemy is 2 handing their weapon
>keeps spamming block

I hope everyone who does that gets cancer

Sup

That combo has been patched out for months

Ignore the dark fags, there's more good aligned fire, and light characters then dark ones.

you are not as cool as dark hail