/bbg/ ─ Bloodborne General

BUSYBODY, LEAVE THE OLD THREAD BE! >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/

/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
Every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules: a.pomf.cat/jzmnvh.jpg

/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password=/bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/Lc46g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

kos>kosm

The doll is mine.

What about Maria?

P-post hoontas?

I would, but my hoontah only looks good from like two angles
Great fashion, though. Always love seeing ya

So, for the people who did NG+:

Do enemies drop better gems? Like that Executioner in Central Yharnam, he drops Tempering Blood Gems (1) in NG. Does he drop higher tiers on NG+? I'm not looking for those insane FRC gems, just slightly better than what NG has to offer.

Nope. Gems are the same throughout all NG's.

>my hoontah only looks good from like two angles
Why though?
Also post at least those two.

So there is a sinister lower loran in the spreadsheet, glyph is 4i5efewz and for some reason don't meet its requirements. On the spreadsheet none of the boxes for FRC have an X in it and I already made a sinister lower loran. Is there anything I forgot to meet the requirements?

Nope. One of the biggest disappointments of NG+ desu.

Depth 5 FRC gems > Hamlet Winter Lantern gems > Mensis Winter Lantern gems > normal game gems

You can have her

That's usually the case when having the face exposed. From faces, you know.

I think only Gehrman wanted Maria, everyone else just made fun of her

>WELCOME TO THE CHOIR, SON

What did she mean by this?

Not necessarily. I have an old dude character who looks pretty cool, almost like what I tried to do. Then I have a young female character and I was irritated with the huge beak of a nose the standard version had and ended up with a neanderthal-looking retard bitch.

Jesse we have to hoont.

I know what you mean. I've found it easier to make old, grizzled looking characters than younger ones.

250 hours into the game and I only just realized that blood bullets + Choir Bell allows you to get a full heal for the measly cost of 2 bullets.

>old woman thinks you're her child
>old woman has a bunch of sedatives on hand
>sedatives are described as being mostly made of thick human blood
>killing her nets the voice clip "It's... your father's blood..."
Seems pretty clear to me. Old lady slaughtered her hubby (or maybe he just died of old age or maybe Yharnam burial rites are just that fucked up) and canned his blood in case of insanity

IF your Arc stat is decent. At bare minimum-to-use-it Arc but very high Vit I imagine it doesn't heal all that much. But yes, you can convert bullets to healing with it, which is pretty cool.

Segalt, thx for helping me with Ityhl yesterday. always appreciate the assistance

On weapons that already have good arcane scaling, cold abyssals are not as valuable. On Ludwig's Holy Blade, for example, one cold abyssal, a 27.2% and a 23.1% radial from a BAH is only 5 AR worse than having two cold abyssals with the 27.2%

Kos Parasite does better with percent gems if you have 50 arcane or under

Ahh

Here you go friendos.
imgur.com/a/Lc46g

Bless this machine.

This is a good thing

All our favorite memes, in one convenient location!

If people could post a few more that arn't there so I can add them that'd be peachy.
I'm a pretty princess
please don't give tripfags a (you), it just encourages their shitposting friendo, indirect replies are fine though at posters discretion

For the imgur

I want to churn this Micololi's nightmare.

How do I go about making an arcane build? Im trying to use kos parasite

Check the ssjnugget imgur in the OP.

should i add the shitty ones i make or not?
i dont want to add shit ones i make if people dont want them there as this is mainly for /bbg/

Can a kind drawfag please make a BB version of pic related? Maybe make the bird Patches, or a messenger? Whatever you see fit?

Add them all, good machine. They're all worthy of it.

Any meme, provided it's BB related

bls resbond

Thanks, im a dumbass and didn't even check op

>On weapons that already have good arcane scaling, cold abyssals are not as valuable.
Pretty sure the best combo for damage is still 2 Colds and 1 +% elemental damage, regardless of the initial scaling.
>Yeah, there's that. But think about it, if something already has an A scaling, you only need one Cold gem and can use the other two slots for more interesting stuff.
Just weighing in on this. Anything under a natural A scaling (meaning, I think, everything except LHB), benefits more from two Colds.And LHB only just barely gets more out of a second damage gem.

I think the whole idea is wrong.
Memes are memes because they stick with you. As long as they're being reposted here, they're relevant and deserve to live. The worse ones fall into obscurity.

I'm the first person you quoted and that's exactly what I said: LHB is only about 5 AR better with the second cold abyssal. You're better off using a percentage gem for it and saving the second cold abyssal for a weapon with poor arc scaling that actually needs it

>On weapons that already have good arcane scaling, cold abyssals are not as valuable.

>Pretty sure the best combo for damage is still 2 Colds and 1 +% elemental damage, regardless of the initial scaling.

>Yeah, there's that. But think about it, if something already has an A scaling, you only need one Cold gem and can use the other two slots for more interesting stuff.

Just weighing in on this. Anything under a natural A scaling (meaning, I think, everything except LHB), benefits more from two Colds.And LHB only just barely gets more out of a second damage gem.
Go figure the moment I delete the post to fix it someone replies

speaking of cold abyssals, I just got one from a random SRRC boss coop vs Ithyll Elder, woot

>thinking thats the case

>LHB is only about 5 AR better with the second cold abyssal. You're better off using a percentage gem for it and saving the second cold abyssal for a weapon with poor arc scaling that actually needs it
I'd agree if it wasn't so much easier to get Cold Abyssals than elemental Abyssals. I mean, if you have one then obviously you might as well, but if I was starting from scratch I'd just put two Colds in the thing.
Then again I don't even use an LHB. I got and +10'd that one just now to make the webm.

gj friendo, hopefully its curse wasnt too bad

My experience with isz

One last thing, If more people like dont like the idea of having an imgur for this stuff then i'll delet it. I'll also be adding other stuff so it won't just be memes. So yeah, if you don't think the imgur is a good idea say so

Test

Delete that shit you faggot. You're supposed to lurk and collect those pics.

Only +1.5% stam down! I love how they have half curses and full effects. The only bad curses on cold abyssals are 4% ATK down (of course) and 5% beasts down (but still not that bad). Even HP drain is fine because you can totally offset it with a pulsing gem in your gun.

Eh, I've come across a lot of percentage gems in my time helping with cursed SRRC bosses (especially defiled hotdog), farming bone ash hunters, and migrating dungeons to fight Elder - even though I never look for them specifically. And two cold abyssals per weapon is a lot of cold abyssals when you have every weapon converted.

I tend to use two percent gems (one Watchers 25-27% triangle and one scrap 22-24.8% waning/radial) with a single cold abyssal for every weapon except my general purpose/PVP one, where I have two colds. I usually just switch weapons based on what enemy I am fighting

>And two cold abyssals per weapon is a lot of cold abyssals when you have every weapon converted
You're telling me.

>I tend to use two percent gems (one Watchers 25-27% triangle and one scrap 22-24.8% waning/radial) with a single cold abyssal for every weapon except my general purpose/PVP one
You're losing some damage but not much. On most weapons a CA is worth about a 25-6% gem. But what's

Does anyone want to run through the dlc with me? Pass is bbg. BL is 53

Sure, I've got an hour to spare m8.
At the first lamp, right?

Yup, will be waiting

Does the Eye Rune stack? that is, if I have two equipped will that improve my odds?

yes they stack

cant for the love of god beat laurence on ng++
i found a cooperator yesterday only for me to die in a sweep for getting greedy

>17 Strength
>+3 Hunter's Axe
>Fire Paper
>two handed
>do barely any damage to Blood Starved Beast (124 I think)

Is this normal? Seems like the boss was optional since it was a dead end but are there more bosses in BB that are damage sponges? The other bosses I fought so far actually took damage when I hit them.

yeah, it all adds to your "Discovery" stat, which determines the odds that an enemy will drop no item, bullets or vials or some shit, or whether they drop something rare like a blood gem. If they do drop a gem, discovery has no effect on what that gem will be.
You dont really need it to be that high when farming dungeons; usually just having the Eye 3 rune equipped (+100 discovery) is enough to make most enemies like bone ash hunters drop gems most of the time. Maybe if you have no arcane stat you might need the Eye 2 rune (+70 discovery) from the brain of mensis as well.

Maybe it's durability low? I noticed that weapons lose a decent chunk of damage when at risk.

No, it was at 200/250 I checked that too. Even had a 2,1% extra damage gem inside.

>are there more bosses in BB that are damage sponges?
Yeah man. Most of them. BB's a pretty shitty game.

>2,1%
>,
Ewwwwww

That's normal I think. Once you gitgud you'll be faster and use openings more efficiently so your damage output will get higher.

Thats a bit odd, but I guess that's just how things are then. I killed him with steak diner, this is my first playthrough as well.
>are there more bosses in BB that are damage sponges?
Some Chalice bosses. They're optional though.
Amelia I guess qualifies too because she can heal, but it's interruptable.

Sweet Shalquoir

Would you like some help?

Well, that fight was beyond trivial

I see. It was actually pretty hard to get hits in because of how good From is at making hit/hurtboxes. But partially also from me overestimating my range.

>tfw farming for Ritual Blood (5) and Tomb Mold (5)

this shit is so boring

Just buy that shit.

Poor guy.
Research Hall next?

Yeah man, it's all From's fault. Why couldn't they just program BSB to sit still and die in two hits right?

Yup. It seems that the fight went way faster because I started to chuck oil urns at the poor guy. But do you mind ringing by the two hunters? Might take me a while since I'm under gemmed

Did I just steal your elevator cutscene?

I just went into the OoK blind, lord have mercy. this is going to be fun. I got a visceral on him then he killed me in the most wild fucking fashion. he is so unexpectedly strong

What are your stats for your character with those weapons?

I too have an arc build (well, 50 arc) but I have 25 STR / 25 SKL for split damage weapons, and my burial blade does 597 total AR with the same three 27% phys gems

So is the default "reality" part of the dreamverse as well? Judging by the bell descriptions, there is a massive amount of worlds similar to ours equal to the number of bb copies sold.
What is "the waking world"? Is that just a nickname for our world or is it completely separate from dreams and nightmares?

WoS: 44/9/18/20/7/50

id live to, but wont be home til next weekend

Does your cat ever tell you that she has a scent she's quite fond of?

>Is that just a nickname for our world
Depends on who you're asking,

I...don't know. Sadly, last fight, I never got to hear my favorite part of the ost.

Hey, guys! I want to play, guess what, BLOODBORNE. Is a PS4 slim enough to have a Silky & Smooth experience, or I'll need a ps4 pro?

Sorry to hear, m8. I guess the fight ended a bit too quickly.

Are you ringing my friend? Seems to be taking longer than usual

Yeah, did you initiate the fight with Lady Maria? Or, maybe it doesn't let you ring period until you do that. Your bell isn't crossed out?

Ive came up empty on ten straight runs looking for Tomb Mold (5). I have TWO god damn Eye runes equipped. Im finally dropping this game, I dont know why it always has to be such a fucking troll. Thank fucking Christ Nier is coming out this week.

Dude you can BUY that shit in NG+

I already initiated the fight. Let me just move a bit closer to the lantern

I'm pretty sure that you can buy that shit at the insight bath and that you are retarded.

What arethe chances of offshape gems drops?