Tuner thread

Tuner thread

ITT: tell what performance mods you've done beyond normal maint, doesn't HAVE to be a typical tuner car. If you bought the race car rather than built it, then don't bother posting. For me, speed 3 SRI, rear motor mount, hpfp, turbo inlet pipe, and AP3 with purple drank e85/93 mix tune.

Hey nice mods Op
I'm running a Wrx so far on a stage 2.5 tune with intake, downpipe, larger turbo, 255lph fuel pump, cat back exhaust, BPV, Coilovers, Sway bars, Slotted rotors and brembo pads.. it's a bumpy fast car lol JDM4life

>ITT: Faggots

Goodb8

How much response did you see after the downpipe? Is it basically on boost power? Would a turbo back exhaust be better for all around increase for me? I can't decide what to do next

kek

Tfw no stage 2.5 tune on my 135i

CAI, Pre-cat removed, Milltek cat back exhaust and a 99 RON Custom Stage 1 tune. Currently running 301 HP and 335 ft lbs and I love it.

why do people buy wrx to mod when the sti is better / faster
genuine question

Because they would prefer to do the work themselves rather than pay 10k more for things they planned to do anyway?

the STI has an old shitty engine and you can get the same power with bolt ons on a base 2.0 turbo
throw a wing on it and grab a vape. might even have some cash left over

301 to the wheels? If so we're about matched, I'm at 315 to the wheels when I use e85. The rear motor mount was basically a must because the tires just spin into third. Is the wheel hop bad in the gti at all after the mods you got?

meant to replie to this hornses ass

how are you liking milltek for exhausts? I have heard mixed opinions but they make affordable exhausts for rocco. I'm just on vmaxx extreme coilovers with eibach springs, a pro tune, and an upgraded cold air intake for the sound and maybe like 4-5 extra HP on top of the pro tune.

so you can essentially buy a wrx, and turn it into something better than the sti for less money?

It's like building a computer. You can pay for someone else to do it by buying a prebuilt but you're going to be paying premium for their brand and their labor. Or you can build it yourself, select exactly what you want and don't want and pay less while doing only like 10 hours of work and generally have it perform better because a company is trying to hit a demographic, not specifically you.

ah ok, i'm a pc g4m3r so that analogy is perfect for me. thanks. what other cars work like that?

A lot but generally late 90s Japanese cars because they share platforms and parts that can be swapped interchangeably between them, light weight and enough technology in them to get the most out of tuning the ecu software in them to change the performance of the engine. Also factory turbod cars are generally targeted because doing a turbo kit on a na car is generally beyond a lot of people's mechanical ability and is the biggest leap in performance.

301 to the flywheel, so down on yours. I'd need a hpfp, bigger intercooler and decat to match your power.

Mine is fine, it is a non res version and it's easy to live with. Loud on boost and quiet off with no drone. I have heard about some quality issues with the welds cracking but mine is fine and I believe it was only a few effected.

If I had the money I would go for a BCS system.

Yeah the welds cracking Is what I heard about them before. exhaust work is still quite far down on my list of stuff I wanna do so I still have time to think about it. Nice car btw.

My car might not have a lot of power but teeny tiny engines with upgraded suspension makes for a lot of easy/safe touge fun!

Because the STI is still using that old ass engine and you can get a lot of power out of the new FA

Mountune MR230 kit
>turboback exhaust
>CAI with extra inlets
>intercooler
>tune
>rear motor mount

Dyno'd 215whp and 265lb-ft at the wheels on 94 octane. Aside from that, new Indy 500 tires.

Dressing up an econo box does not make it any less of an econo box

Yeah but it's fun

Mudflaps help with the salt

Hi friend.

>3inch TBE
>intake
>Cobbs shelf stage 2.5 map

Currently trying to find what I suspect is a boost leak when something popped getting onto the highway a couple nights ago. Sadly I could not find a line that got blown off, everything seems to be connected where it should. Have to work over the weekend but a buddy has a smoke machine he gonna let me borrow on my days off

>Garrett GTW3684R
>6boost divided T4 Manifold
>Turbosmart Progate 50mm wastegate
>Turbosmart Raceport Bov
>Non-VVT-i Plenum
>Hypertune fmic
>Mishimoto Rad
>PWR PS Cooler
>4" Intake with K&N filter
>Catch can breather setup
>3.5" Dump pipe + screamer
>3.5" Catless Front pipe
>3" Tanabe Medalion Touring Catback
>TRD engine brace
>NPC 5puck clutch + Billet flywheel
>Ragosta Coilovers
>Goodridge braided brake lines
>Haltech Elite 2500 ECU
>LQ9 Ignition Upgrade
>E85 Flex Fuel Sensor
>Walbro 460 E85 Pump
>BPP Fuel rail
>Bosch 1000cc Injectors
>Turbosmart FPR1200

I think thats everything, no power figures yet as she's just on a base tune but aiming for around 400kw

I think its a nice looking car man, Id daily drive the hell out of it

Forgot pic

Rememeber when that tuner show had those two nerds?

I was close to getting a brand new fiesta st because the prices were so low before I chose my speed3. I should have at least given one a test drive cause I've heard a lot about their handling since.

>3in intake
>3in downpipe back
>big streetport
>t4 compressor on the stock turbo
>walbro 460
>dual core rad
>isr adjustable fpr

ordering a new intercooler and i'll be changing the turbo later, still need to remove the stock fpr and pulsation damper.i'm running at about 50psi fuel pressure at idle (stock ecu, stock 550cc injectors)
i'll upgrade injectors and go haltech when i do te new turbo. holds 10-11psi, the compressor is the same as a bnr stage 2 i think, afrs are 9.8-10 under full boost.
i still need to install my water injection kit, and advance the timing since it was retarded way more than neccessary

ive got one, its close to stock but im really happy with it, so much fun dude

No, no you can't, because no matter the cost and performance it still isnt an STI. It's a knockoff and everyone knows it.

I cant tell you how many WRX guys think this, and still move into an STI after the denial wears off.

Plus you arent saving money, because modded cars lose intrinsic value because they are modded, unless you find a complete retard to sell to.

The wrx came before the sti. Not every modified WRX is trying to be an sti.

>H&R Sport springs
>Bilstein b8 struts/shocks
>Full polyurethane rear suspension bushings
>M3 offset control arm bushings
>Mark D 93 octane tune chip
Not a ton, but it's definitely a fun car.

- 10 point cage with Parachute
- 3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend
- spec-R full drag suspension
- Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
- 1 044 bosch pump
- 1200 rc injectors
- golden eagle sleeved block
- cp 10:1 pistons
- Eagle rods
- arp headstuds
- oem h22 headgasket
- Balance shaft delete
- competition clutch twin disc
- Port and polished head
- skunk2 valve springs and retainers
- Str cam gears
- crower stage 1 cams
- aluminium radiator with slim fan
- gsr transmission with itr lsd.
- qsd h2k intake manifold adapter
- k20 rbc manifold
- qsd throttle body spacer
- blox 70mm throttle body
- 4bar omni map sensor
- 6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control
- hks bov
- Garret 102mm turbocharger.
- Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange
- 44mm tial wastegate
- Custom water to air intercooler set up
- aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
- tuned on chipped p28
- 13 inch volks drag rims
- 2 15 inch volks rear rims
- arp extended wheel studs
- si cluster
- 150 shots of nitrous

1fastCRV

Not too much so far. Suspension mods are next.

Invidia Gemini CBE
Berk Technology high flow cats
Stillen gen 3 CAIs
JWT lightweight flywheel
JWT HD clutch
ZSpeed HD clutch slave cylinder
UpRev Osiris tune

What's it putting to the front wheels bro?

You didn't miss out at all. They are ok for cheap shitbox, just like how Veeky Forums thinks mr2 are best handling shitbox ever

dude I wanted to get that done to my FiST, is there a noticeable difference in power when you drive it now??

any plans on camshafts?

I'm personally thinking about something like BC272 to match S366SXE

also what clutch are you runnng

It's not a huge difference, but yes I definitely felt it. You get (roughly) an extra 35 HP/45TRQ, but it feels like you get peak power for longer and closer to the top end. If you want to save money, I'd get all the individual pieces of the MR230 kit as they come on sale, and skip the useless high-induction hose and coolant hoses.

I also have a Mountune short shifter with Boomber shifter/cable bushings that make the shifting pretty much perfect. I'd recommend them.

tight yea I'll do that, the whole set is a bit expensive it's like over 2 grand which I think is a bit much. I plan on getting the mountune short shifter piece and doing 40% cause I feel like that would be real nice

If you're buying their stuff online, using "mountunerewards" as a coupon code to save 15%. There is also a point system on their website if you make an account, giving you points when you buy stuff so you can use them to get further discounts on other stuff you buy.

Hopefully I just saved you 500 bucks or so.

muh geedeeahhh
>Blitz SUS power intakes
>R35 AFMs
>Garrett GT2859R-9 turbos
>HPI turbo outlets
>Mine's Front pipe pro
>Tomei Type B Poncams
>Tomei Expreme Ti exhaust
>HKS 1.2mm metal head gasket
>HKS EVC-S set to 1.0 bar (low) and 1.3 bar (high)
>Nismo 555cc injectors
>Nismo Super Coppermix twin plate clutch w/ steel braided hose and clutch damper removed
>Nismo fuel pump
>Do-Luck ignition harness
>Splitfire Coil Packs
>Bilstein coil over shocks
>Tomei Master Cylinder Stopper
>BNR34 seats
>265/35R18 Nitto NT555 tires
>18x10j +20 Volk TE37SL wheels

Made 367.7 kW (493.1 hp) and 515.6 Nm (380.3 lb-ft) on JUN auto's AWD dyno. Can post dyno sheet.

>stock V8 LS1 Trans Am
>made 320 hp and 345 lb-ft torque 17 years ago

kek rice fags

MUH

Is it the WS6?

Mustangs were making nearly 1500 horse in the mid 40s so step up amerifat faggots :^)

mine is non-ws6; which gives me the non-ram air hood. looks way cleaner

ws-6 had donkey dick sway bars though.

Looks like a shit base model you mean

Firehawk hood a best

notice the lack of nostrils on the hood

Man that car is anything but clean, even without the ram air hood. I'd rather go all the way tbqh

>base model
>Trans Am appearance package

not even close

>front and rear bumpers
>side-skirts
>rear wing
>Trans Am logo/badges

>mfw people tell me my car looks "good for a v6"
>its an LS1

>wanting the factory rice

fun fact: the ram-air effect is almost negligible, power differences between the years were from the intake manifold. later model cars got the LS6 intake. all of these cars are underrated from the factory (there was no competition at the time)

>>not even close
>>mfw people tell me my car looks "good for a v6"

You don't read what you type, do you.

I'm saying a base-model (ie V6 firebird) looks nothing like my T/A V8 car

nearly every single exterior piece is different in some way.

And I'm saying it looks like a V6 with the slick hood.

Obviously I'm not alone on that. But hey it makes sense to get it confused with a V6 because the front is the only angle people see it from.

It would stand out from both standard Firebirds, T/A and WS6 cars with a Firehawk hood, but not be overly obnoxious.

> the front is the only angle people see it from.

that was a "your car is slow" joke

>wanting a 4th gen

Oh, I know

Also my other car is also a "4th gen"

4th generation Honda Civic. (EF)

Okay, so I don't really understand why you posted a rear angle picture of a car that isn't yours

>the front is the only angle people see it from.
>implying your car is faster than an LS1

It is. It has more power and torque, and weighs less.

stock for stock

>02 ws6
>no exhaust
>tranny mods
>293rwhp/363rwtq

>intercooler -$330
>rear motor mount - $150
>high flow intake - $50
>accessport (used)/tune ~$400

for less than $1k in, the difference is astounding. Only other changes i'll be doing is tires/wheels I think.

>tfw still on winter tires

Why? It's my car?

>F body owner moving goalposts
Like pottery

I'm genuinely curious to what this guy drives

there really aren't that many cars than make more than 300whp and weigh less than 3400lb without mods. at least not ones that Veeky Forums can afford

a new mustang gt is 3700lbs. all newer muscle cars are heavy. and basically everything else doesn't have the power

I mean, my car has similar power as a M-Spec NUR GT-R R34 (330hp)

LS1 factory ratings seem low today but then you realize what an FD made...

>my car with mods is faster than a 17 year old pontiac

stop the presses

I see it that way, and I'm not saying it's impressive. But it does upset the MUH LS1 faggot, and that's enough for me for now kek

Modded ls1 vs your modded econobox. See who wins

>my car with mods is faster than a daily driven pontiac

its not impressive its embarrassing

do you get a boner every time you overtake a Bonneville?

I just bought an H pipe for my Mustang.

Eventually..
E85/93 tune
Coilovers
Cold air intake
New tires (NT555G2) and slicks
Axleback exhaust
Spoiler
Diffuser
New grill
Bigger throttle body

Once I get a better job I'll Turbo or supercharge it. Can't decide which yet

'99 Integra LS reporting in
>tfw still bone stock because poorfag
>been saving money for yonaka coilovers for about a month
>tfw still not enough money to buy them

Life is suffering, anons. All I want to do is corner and shit without my bottom scraping the ground.

Yeh I might end up doing cam's later on, im a bit limited in choice since its vvti tho, but ill prob just stick with 264's

what car you running the borg on?

And my clutch is an NPC 5 puck

Downpipe will give you a very noticeable difference. Genpu catbacks aren't actually that restrictive. You might gain a very tiny bit of power from the catback, but it's pretty much just a sound mod desu.

Big turbo gen2 selftuned on e30.

Thats funny, when I had a Mustang, everyone was swapping in X pipes for the

Not sure why desu got added to the end of my post, but it still stands. After downpipe your next biggest gain will probably be from an intercooler. TMIC is good enough for most applications to be honest, but it seems like everybody just wants an FMIC.

Making ~380whp/410tq on my current setup with a TMIC.

Holset HX40W
6Boost divided T4 manifold
EMS 4424 ECM
MSD blaster 3 coil on a Bosch igniter
550cc Denso injectors
3" from the turbine to tip with a cat and two mufflers
Innovate MTX-L piped into the 4424 for low speed A/F learn
4" core front mount
4" intake
HKS SSQV on recirculation
B&M 25 row oil cooler
DCS four puck clutch (shit)
Magnafuel regulator
011 fuel pump
'B' (large crown wheel) diff swap

You'll make 400 easily. I made 361 at the tyre with the above on a GE engine at 12 pounds, not even tickling over 60 pounds/min of air. Hoping to get a solid 400 at one bar but my starter motor just gave up so it's now the priority.

Awesome poopra man.

don't forget headgasket leak
kek

>then you realize what an fd made
then you realize that was all nip manufacturers, some just saying it was 280, and some putting an easy to removing restriction. skyline, supra, fd, vr4 gto/3000gt were all easy to get over 300.
now if you talked about an fc rx7, yeah they were wimpy factory.

my fc should be in the 300s after the intercooler change, the new turbo was only $100, aux injection should put me even higher before i go with another turbo.
i love the smoothness of my power coming in from the turbo, but the no torque is kinda embarrassing, but it catches up and passes cars real quick from a low roll since i'm low in the rpm and don't fel like brake boosting

it depends on boost pressure, higher pressure is more heat, easiest way to put a more thermally efficient intercooler is a front mount. it's hard to impossible to get a better top mount unless you go water to air (more complication and cost)
but i feel if you can, going HMIC or "v" mount is a better choice, usually shorter piping and same performance, and no rise in engine temps. but it requires making ducting (usually just plastic or metal on the sides of the rad and intercooler so air only goes through those instead of around)

Jolien a cute

I did see a lot of power from the Downpipe, more Torque than anything. The Catback doesnt add much power on my model WRX

Did you mean cutest in Europe

>Not sure why desu got added to the end of my post

word filter

>Hypertune fmic
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

>Yeh I might end up doing cam's later on, im a bit limited in choice since its vvti tho, but ill prob just stick with 264's
There are plenty of cams on the market for 2JZ GTE VVTI
>what car you running the borg on?

MKIV Supra

All this Poopra love. Shit's good.

Pretty much running the cobb stage 1 kit. Cant justify add parts as i want to get the new fiesta st when it comes out

Why mang? New one's a 3 banger and isn't even guaranteed coming here yet. The only thing that would make me want the next gen FiST is if they bring the 2 door version over here this time which is unlikely.

Where the fuck do I learn what modifications to my car affect its performance? I've read multiple smaller books on it but nothing specific. Do I need to become a damn mechanic, or is there something I can be pointed to? I see a lot of mod jargon in the thread I don't understand and I at least wanna know what I can and cannot put in my (or a future) car.

>2.5in Resonated test pipes
>Dual 2.5 to 4in resonator, 3in outlet Y-pipe
>Front mounted long tube intakes w/ aFe dry filter
>intake plenum spacer
>93 octane EcuTek tune w/ RaceRom
>Tein Coils

Still looking for a decent deal on a VLSD out of an S model

Not really looking to track, more of a strong daily. Otherwise I'd go oil and transmission coolers.

Git gud.

Jk explain what you dont understand

I've never actually done any tuning before, but I've got a Veloster Turbo that I've been wanting to look into getting tuned and maybe trying to squeeze some more power put of it.

How/where do I start? I live in a state that really has no tuner car scene at all.

>inb4 sell the hyundai
>inb4 catfish

Order intake, exhaust, get a ECU reflash/aftermarket ECU and a tune. Maybe injectors aswell if you want to start bigger

>built not bought
>factory rice econoboxes with bolt ons
Checks out

Intake
Rear motor mount
Blow off valve (for the sick blow off sfx)

Next is going to be downpipe, exhaust, access port, and then eventually intercooler upgrade. Not sure if there's anything I want to do after that

fumoto valve
I don't think most people know about these things.

Uniqueness, personal involvement, satisfaction at learning mechanical things and love for the car are worth much more than some stock 100k sportscar not even the owner cares about