/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Pick one edition.

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18. Demo is out now!
Opening: youtube.com/watch?v=tV8dqB6xVR0
Trailer 3: youtube.com/watch?v=MnpNGzNoOY0
TV Commercial: youtube.com/watch?v=uz33yhYo-pU

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

kiranico.com/en/mh4u/armor/skill/fastcharge
kiranico.com/en/mh4u/armor/skill/loading
youtube.com/watch?v=YfmM2BZtjVo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why is GS the best weapon in the game?

it is not

There hasn't been a single game where it was the best weapon. Something else is always above it.

Post that one armor you like but is super shit

Zamtrios

best armor design in the series imho

>the entire concept of Stories is making monsters into your allies by hatching and raising them
>the infant stage of every monster is seen for a few seconds on the hatching screen after which they immediately jump to being dwarf versions of their adult selves
>no friendship or bonding mechanic because they didn't have enough time/budget/effort to make any new animations besides the big retarded super moves

what armor is that

Literally almost all of them, but the ancient and master's sets are especially nice

EX Rebellion
Highly fashionable, highly trash skills.

At least GX Hunter had its moment of glory as the best armor in 4U for set mixing.

the best

Dalamadur

>one of the endgame sets in 4U was almost using full Hunter's Armor but with the Ukanlos head
RIP in piece Hunter GX, taken before it's time.
speaking of which, why hasn't there been Yukumo, Pokke, Ranger's, and Bone GX yet? The new USJ Yukumo armor coming in XX doesn't count

>Good EE armour set from low to G2 in 4U
>Useless in Gen
Thanks itchynose.

Female version of hermitaur.

Which would be better for a beginner?
SA,CB or SnS?

Will I need to reinstall the MHX .cia to transfer my save file when MHXX comes out?

SnS.

In what game?

the female obviously although G Gammoth and Silverpeak are 100% style

forgot to mention, in 4U

Considering X/Gen's save data is in sdcard, probably no.

wtf

SnS, It's the most straightforward weapon in the game.
But CB is sort of but not really SnS+SA

Just play them all honestly.

First for bringing underwater combat back but make it optional for the casuals and first for MH on Nintendo Switch

SA is easy but underpowered in 4U
CB is tricky but very strong when you get the hang of it
SnS is very straighforward, it's fine

SnS has multiple combos you need to pull off that varies on the situation and opening

CB has multiple combos and is strict on positioning. Many times you need to decide to avoid pulling off an AED because the recovery time is long

SA you just press X because it is a braindead weapon in every game

take your pick

in that case GS is both even easier than usual to play but there's also hammer to consider if you want gameplay that won't put you to sleep.

At least it was a relic skin.

How did relic armor work in 4U again? Do the armors has a chance to get all skills or they just have many slots on them?

All in relics are just random.

Barioth X Blademaster

Not the worst skill set i guesd but i wish it was better to match the look.

They have up to three slots. Those slots can be pre-filled with non-removable decorations that could not normally be crafted and that give combo skills (for example edgemaster, which gives honed blade, which is a combo of attack up large and sharpness+1). Weapons followed the same rule. Since these skills were so rare, relics or GQ talismans (which could also have a few points in those skills) were often necessary to make mixed sets, and because the skills were combos of 2 or 3 skills a full relic set could actually be fairly solid, though generally unsatisfactory as they lack second levels of skills like earplugs, evasion and guard.

So out of all of them, which one is the one fitting "easy to learn hard to master" theme the most ? (if any is)

Im trying to solo Gog with the seditious arrow bow. Is this even possible or will I have to go make an element bow to avoid timing out?

You'll run out of coatings before he's dead in both cases.

turns room in gen anyone?

Of those, SnS.

I'm trying to get back in MHGen after dropping it around August last year because I was already burned out by 4U
What's a good armor set I can make when I'm only GC2 and 3 star at the village?

Can someone recc me a Bow for HR in 4U? I want to try out Bow.

Tetsu until Village 5 or 6, whenever you get access to Rathalos.

Finish out Village before Guild so you can get unlock as many HAs as possible.

Shalya Bow.

Damn what a pain in the ass. I will try doing it with lance instead.

>playing gen
please don't, stick to mainline games

Seregios bow outdamages everything else in almost all fights. Just make sure your set has load up and focus (rapid up is probably the best damage skill after that).

Is there any way to aim the brave shots with LBG while dodging? Is there even any point to them? They seem really weak.

Nice, I'm only a couple of quests away from Seregios. Know of any Armour sets at HR that load up and/or focus? I'm new to gunner.

Kushala and EX Kushala.

kiranico.com/en/mh4u/armor/skill/fastcharge
kiranico.com/en/mh4u/armor/skill/loading

Kushala/EX Kushala for focus, some points in loading and slots for getting the rest.

Download athena's ASS so you wont have to ask us that kind of stuff every time you want to come up with an armor set for X skills.

Is Brave Glaive going to be the first time where Kinsect Stamina is needed?

Baby monsters are in MH Spirits, that's the concept of that game.

>tfw no pet Bluebolt Astalos to synchronize Energy Blades with

Why is she crying?

>she

2 and 9 roll my weapon for 4U replay

every time

For the guys not hacking their 3ds.
What you guys do now that everything has been done?
Would you return to older entries. If so, what you do there?
I have currently reached crisis once again and need a couple of ideas

Lance

I play other games to fill in the time. I still play if there is a room available, but that's it.

Just play Frontier. It's free.

hacked my 3ds and filled it up with games I never played after the XX demo

hacked my vita the day after and been playing gundam breaker 3 its really fun and has as much grinding as mh but is even more customizable

I started playing 3U again not to long ago. Having the game be on an actual screen with a controller is a nice change after so long in Gen and 4U on the 3DS.

How the fuck do I fight LR Yian Garuga in 4U? Do I just keep cycling expeditions?

GB3 is the shit

Rathalos is forcefully penetrating him.

Something about wanting to be a tama

Youtube link to hypnosis video with weird comments.

Yeah at least until you get a GQ with him in it.

Don't mind me, just munching on those steaks you've been keeping in your box while you're away hunting.

hey dude, I've worked hard for that

I was feeling abit hungry, thats wall

Bitch, get your own damn food. There's a kitchen right outside.

Why are artillery charms so hard to come by? For a cheap skill packing 2 points per decoration I wouldn't expect charms for it to be so rare. I just want one that can get artillery expert all on its own.

Similar garbage with gore magala in G rank. The only ways to fight G rank gore are as one of the monsters in the 5 monster Advanced: Monster Hunter quest or through guild quests/expeditions. And once a gore magala guild quest has leveled up enough it becomes chaotic gore so you'll need multiple gore quests if you haven't gotten all you need by the time it switches to chaotic.

Best I've got is +4 OO...

I got a +8 no slot charm. there's no way of getting a charm with Artillery Expert on its own I think. Max Value is 10 so you'll need 3 slots on the charm or use armor pieces with points/slots

Isn't there an G-Event Quest Gore?

Yes.

I'm an anime girl desu

Are you cute?

Je suis Alchimie!
>fires alchemy cannon
Pardon...

Does brave style make gunlance not asstatic?

Do you have any evidence to back that up?

youtube.com/watch?v=YfmM2BZtjVo
its alright

Blah blah blah demo values blah blah blah wait till the full release to judge.

Odds are in the full game your damage will still be lower than other weapons but you'll have a sick as fuck guard point so it's completely worth it. Plays a lot smoother as well apparently.

what next weapon would you recommend someone who only played SA so far?

maybe great sword?

Any of them, you couldnt possibly go any lower than SA in terms of fun.

LS for similarity.
GS or Hammer for change of pace.
Just not SnS or DB because going from one of the best melee ranges to those is like losing your depth perception until you get used to it.

>brainless weapon

Dual Blades and LS are pretty brainless. Just spin to win or spam Spirit Dance and keep a bar full.

If you want to try GS, you could also try out Hammer and Bow since they're soul brothers.

"Hey, remember that mechanic we gave to the CB to make it super cool and interesting?
What if we nerfed the fuck out of CB, then gave its unique property to almost every other Blademaster weapon in the game?"

Here. Please don't stare at my body. I'm very shy.

Longsword would be the easiest transition imo.

in-thread roleplayers should be put to death

Honestly most of the people on this website should be put to death.