CTX700N w/ DCT

Sup guys. I'm trying to put together a bike for a customer who has a specific set of needs. He really has fallen in love with the Honda CTX700. However, the biggest issue with this customer is that he has a hand injury that limits him automatic transmission bikes. I work at a Honda dealership, so the DCT (dual clutch transmission) is a requirement. The other issue is that he is a large guy (250lbs+) who wants to tote an equally large passenger along sometimes. This creates an issue with tire clearance (right now when the customer sits on it theres about 1/2 inch, not nearly enough).

So, my attempt at a solution is to raise the bike no more than 2 inches, and install a much stronger shock. Do you think that this will be a good fit for the customer? I wish there was a bigger bike I could pick out for the customer (the CTX1300 doesn't come with DCT unfortunately). The only thing I could find is the Honda NM4, but that hasnt't hit stores yet and we aren't sure when it will be released. The other "bike" that the customer mentioned is the X-ADV. But that seems to be a Europe-only release. This is driving me crazy.

>tl;dr A heavy customer and heavy passenger (500lbs+) who needs an automatic transmission wants to ride the CTX700. Is this possibility? Some of my co-workers think I'm working an impossible task.

Other urls found in this thread:

cycleworld.com/2017-honda-x-adv-will-unite-us
powersports.honda.com/touring/2016/nm4.aspx
disabledmotorcyclerider.com/
computrackboston.com/Penske-8983-Remote-Double-Adjustable-Honda-CTX-700-p/prs-8983-r-hoctx.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Here's the X-ADV:

cycleworld.com/2017-honda-x-adv-will-unite-us

Honda NM4:
powersports.honda.com/touring/2016/nm4.aspx

500 lbs. (and a full tank) is close to capacity for a European small car. And they want to plant that on a bike?

What about the Africa twin?

No one ever said cruiser fags were smart, most of them don't know how to ride, thus why they're on lazyboy's with two wheels.

We have some Africa Twin's coming in. I suggested that but I was told it wasn't a stout bike. A Gold Wing would be closer to the ideal size, but alas no DCT. Also, the Twin might be too tall for this guy. We are trying to keep the height he has to swing up his leg as low as possible.

I would look into to get him a suicide foot clutch. Might open up alot more options. 500 lbs of fat on a bike seems like.you are gonna run into suspension problems no matter what

Tell the fat fuck that the only thing going to haul him and his fat ass passenger is a mobility scooter train.

Holy shit man

>Hi, im fat as fuck and want LITERALLY the wheel chair of motorcycles

Tell him to get a fucking Harley trike like every other disabled fat ass, maybe put a suicide shifter so his fat hands can change gears

>
>>tl;dr A heavy customer and heavy passenger (500lbs+) who needs an automatic transmission wants to ride the CTX700. Is this possibility? Some of my co-workers think I'm working an impossible task.

Vfr1200x. Bigger engine. Peppier feel. Still option of dct. Speaking from experience(owned an NC700X DCT for 2 years) the 670 is way too tame for that kind of weight. The twin has really soft shocks to make it more off-road oriented so it would not be a good option. Another point to ponder is if Honda has updated the steel alloy in the transmission. Even with the extremely tame engine my NC700 shredded a gear twice.

It's stout and can carry the weight (it's built to carry cargo) The issue is the one up being damn near 250 and handling on a short wheelbase high bike. The AT fully loaded per DOT specs maxes at 950lbs. The bike is around 500, more for DCT.

Honestly man, I hate to give you this answer, but you need to just tell that guy to go fuck himself. The technology simply isn't there to cherry pick and personalize whatever you want because you don't want to use a clutch.

It is, it's just the customer is a stereotypical American. Where he thinks every store and shop is there to accommodate his largely ignorant desires.

Just put the clutch on the other side dude

And hydraulic clutch = super light pull with the right system

>Where he thinks every store and shop is there to accommodate his largely ignorant desires.

OP is presumably going to charge the guy through his fat nose for this, though.

Get him onto some sort of trike, Can-Am Spyder maybe.

>changing a shock to change ride height

Those some nice edgy opinions fella. Did you tip your fedora after?

>X-adw
>250lbs
I would like to see him trying, fuckin fatties.

>implying is not true
KEK, cruiser fags cant even lean the bit that theirs landbarges handles.

>edgelord
The post

try asking in dbt

anyone else think this bike looks really cool?

x adv is uncomfy as hell, especially if your butt doesn't fit
i personally adore the nm4, but i can understand not everyone's into it
if it's a linkage type suspension you fan just fab a shorter one to increase height
the stock springs imo are very soft, might have to stiffen them up
i know hondas used to use a clicker to set compression, so this should be very easy

>I can't disprove him and I'm salty so I'll call him an edgelord

It's an automatic Honda, it's like saying a civic looks really cool

You salty and edgy? Damn nigga

It looks like every other modern styled cruiser.

I got to ride one, it's awesome.

So if OP wanted a heavy-duty aftermarket shock that.could *POSSIBLY* hold this guy, where/what brand would be a good place to start?

Study some of the control options for disabled riders. Example:

disabledmotorcyclerider.com/

Contact a few companies to see what will work best.

Such an unhealthy bloated monster hauling a monster should consider a trike. Gold Wings make great trikes as OP knows and their linked braking system is a plus.

he's closer to 400lbs if he's bottomed out the stock springs.

your local springmaker can make stiffer springs for the forks and back shock.
you'd be amazed how cheap a one-off custom spring actually is.

if you don't know how to spec out a coil spring you should send him the old ones as patterns.

don't bump the spring rate up more than absolutely needed. 2x spring rate will crack your fucking nuts.

I'm going to float the idea of a trike to him and an air shock suspension.Thoughts?

computrackboston.com/Penske-8983-Remote-Double-Adjustable-Honda-CTX-700-p/prs-8983-r-hoctx.htm

That's what niggers ride.

racist

>casual racism: the post

That's a better choice. Two fatties on a two wheeler won't really be safe.

>That's what niggers ride.

You don't know shit about the reverse trike market or trolling.

Ohlins does custom work and lots of it, but the whole vehicle should be designed to haul monsters, not just the springs.

It'd be more cost effective to give him a fucking gym membership rather than redoing the bike's entire suspension for him.