pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
Patch, Bretonnia and Isabella are out

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

NEW
Update Info -- forums.totalwar.com/discussion/191504/bretonnia-update-patch-notes

>Recent
DLC -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Previous thread

First for goblin genocide.

That's a shitty op image.

>first time dealing with a rebellion
>shitty rebel force gets utterly crushed in a decisive battle
>figure I'll leave them alone to fuck off while I go deal with an orc invasion to the south
>army goes from nothing to a full stack in that time and lays siege
Jesus fucking christ I'll build that tavern next time

My enemies are many, my equals are none

In the shade of living trees they said Athel Loren could never be conquered

In the land of vampires and necromancers, they said Sylvania could never be humbled

In the realm of chaos and snow, they said Norsca could never be tamed

Now they say nothing, they fear me, like a force of nature, a dealer in chivalry and death

I say, I am Louen Leoncoeur! I am King of Brettonia!

Get your fucking anime waifu's out of Total War.

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

Elfs > Humans

What is the best unit in the Brettonian roster and why is it the Blessed Trebuchet?

Trees > Elfs > Humans >>>>>>>>>>> Manlets

Yeah, but going back to Carcasonne every time I had a lord busy defending my borders was annoying as shit.

Imagine being the captured maid slave (male) to a dark elf who, after being an evil raiding/pillaging/torturing monster all day, likes to come home and be extremely lovey dovey and gentle with you in secret

wew

was Manfred a dorf all along ?

>this will never happen

Can't argue with that, manlets are the worst

>probably gonna be another year before I get to play as tomb kangz or lizard memes
>another 2-3 years before even learning about the historical total war
>it probably won't be Victoria total war

why do I even live anymore

update

diplomatic relations restored with the Kingdom of Macedonia after 39 years of war

alliance announced with the Kingdom of Bactria

My emperor couldn't possibly be this cute!

Rock the boat!

Whats life for the hummies that live in Sylvania? And for that matter what if carstein actually won and conquered the empire? Eternal night? Wouldnt everyone die of starvation? I dont think the vamps want to just rule skellies all day. Do they?

Could you get skeleton slaves?

Vlad's a bro, others not so much.

Burn it!

TO MARIENBURG
34 MILES

They want to have an upper class of nobility made up of vampires running the empire, skelies is just something they do for war because they can.

Probably like the Van Helsing movie. Little dreary hamlets of withered croplands and pessimistic, fearful people who on a regular but not above replacement rate interval, get predated on by the local count.

Wait did the Warhammer fantasy world really got destroyed by chaos? I knew end times where near but I tought the action was still going, instead chaos genocided the whole world. That is really disturbing, details about it? Someone survived?

Blessed Trebuchet is shit because Bretonnian infantry is shit
Arty is only as good as your ability to defend it

what a dreadful fucking OP image

why did we get saddled with this partricular retard, /twg/...

think Bretonnian peasants, only that your liege lord can come by and feed on/kill your family just because (s)he's bored

>Whats life for the hummies that live in Sylvania?
No bandits, no rapegoats, no uppity elector cunts. Just some ghouls and cute Vampires that want to drain you.

Sylvania was already spoopy before vlad showed up, I think they would run things much as they are now but with the nobles being immortal.

>Belegay Nohammer in charge of reclaiming his ancestral hold

Seconded, there was a time when this general was about WAR and not anime pussy.

You can't even open the diplomacy screen with them as Belegar.
For fuck's sake, CA.

I appreciate you.

r8 my magic resistance

Humble bundle brought in the weeaboo faggots

many vampire counts treat their human population fairly well, often better than peasants in Bretonnia
it's just that oppression is the norm and outright despotic vampire nobles are in equal numbers to the relatively fair ones

135/100

Sylvania has really bad soil and more tombs than villages; very sparsely populated in general. There's a ton of dangers lurking in the woods, since the place is naturally saturated with dark magic (even before Vlad moved in) the undead can just kinda get raised at random. That's not to mention feral versions of all the VC's monsters and possibly a lot more unnamed ones.

You are very strongly encouraged to stay in your own villages, which does lead to some inbreeding, but there are still plenty of normal-looking ones considering the Von Carsteins are noted to be inclined sire an attractive servant as a vampire instead of someone they thought would be competent.

Vampires could absolutely not stand being the rulers of only mindless undead. The worst ones think of humans as less than dirt, but they need subjects.

Poor little enchantress too short for her portrait ha-ha-ha

13.5/10

That image is old as fuck by now you know

She just floats around.

It's kinda cute desu.

>start game
>migrated to himyar
>take settlement
>convert to judaism
>migrate back to starting town
>begin
every time
who /judencaliphate/ here?

What mod are you playing ?
I'm on a EB2 (last version) campaign but it crashes more and more, it seems pretty unstable as a mod, i'm looking for an alternative for R1 or M2.

youre old as fuck by now

>juden
>not superior slavic religion, inheritors of the mystic terraforming secrets of the ancient hyperboreans

>not settling in libya to convert to cuthulu religion

If it ain't Semitic Pagan, it ain't right.

>current emperor is son of a 0 loyalty sextus perennis
>civil war happens, sextus is emperor of defectores romanes occidentales
>true emperor and every other member descended from sextus vanishes from my family tree
>kill sextus and end the war
>emperor is gone from family tree forever

good game

RTR1.9
if your game is crashing try making a new save, moving diplomat/spys around then saving or clearing building queues that usually does it for me

>one of the fay enchantress's lines in battle is "hear me lileath"

what did she mean by this?

>he plays campaigns exclusively
>he doesn't play 1v1's like the game is meant to be played

I bet you guys play softcore in arpgs and only PvE in mmos

its like you guys want to be made fun of

Morgiana is a literal Elf so of course she worships the elven pantheon, that's not even a secret, and the Grail Faith is not a monotheistic religion, the Lady of the Lake is only the highest deity for Bretonnian Nobility, the regular human pantheon is still in place.

But then again TWWH is building on 8th Ed and End Times Canon, where the Lady and Lileath are the same thing.

So whats the best starting move as Louen? Recruit up a bunch more peasants and then beeline for Marienburg before they grow too big?

I waited a few turns and they recruited at a staggering rate on very hard.

>being a Sylvanian peasant
>have to till your fields on tainted earth
>constant fear that rabid monsters will attack your village
>of your 8 children 2 starved, 1 died of magical poisoning 2 were eaten by the local Baroness and one of your luckier sons got the blood kiss and now treats you like trash
>last year your second child's corpse rose from its grave via ambient magic and you had to pay a fine to the local necromancer for destroying the body to save your (remaining) families lives instead of waiting for him to come bind it
>recently there's been an unearthly wailing keeping you awake at night, the local necromancer has told the townspeople to lock their houses and mind their own damn business besides
>you're only 48 but you already have the frail impotent body of a 70 year old (and you still have to work, naturally)
>but at least you're not a Bretonnian peasant

b8

1. Praise Ze Lady

Why do people even care that she's an elven god anyway, gods are gods, doesn't matter if they take the form or a pointy or round-eared mortal.
She cares about Bretonnia more than any of the elven factions anyway.

1.35/10

>RTR1.9
Thanks, I'll try the save thing. Not right now, I just crashed after a large battle vs Carthage so pretty pissed.

I had the most success going for the orcs straight off, when the event pops they're going to bring their army against you, and then going after burger town. Don't bother taking the village attached to it, it's raid bait.

because the wood elves frequently go on wild murderous blood-orgy rampages through the lands of brettonia in the form of the wild hunt, and they also frequently kidnap children and murder people for even looking at their forest the wrong way. So I'd imagine the general populace would be pissed if they found out the lady was an elf godess who had been lying to them since she blessed the first ancient brettonians

I imagine life in Sylvania is a lot like in the movie The Witch.

1 + 35/100

How to get rid of VC as Dwarfs? I can't raze their settlment and they won't vassalize because this game is fucked. I installed Conquer Anywhere thinking I'd be able to raze Sylvania but it's not working.

>3 mods in and dwarfs are finally losing the badlands bowl

welp its time to teach the dwarves about chivalry and help them take back the realms

>talking about endtimes lore

DELET THIS

Yes, the world was destroyed.
Everyone with a name mysteriously survived so people would still buy miniatures of their favorite characters.
All the same races are back but with trademarkable names.
And now there are space marines for the 40k audience.

>talking about canon

FTFY :^)

The Wood Elves are hated/ignored by most of the other Elf factions, especially High Elves whom the Bretonnians have a good relationship with.

Think of them as American blacks. No one hates them more than African Blacks. Even an Elven Goddess decided "nah fuck this I'm out" and handed her boon to Gilles, so the general populace discovering she's an Elven God would just up Bretonnian spirits even more. Might even improve their relationship with High Elves.

What I'm saying is fuck the forest niggers

Going all peasant might be harder than I thought

What mods?

I feel like I struck a good balance with unit mods on all other fronts, but there are no good ones for Greenskins and they still lose the Bowl 8/10 times.

No cheat mods like "+200% upkeep on Oak of Ages" shit, please

>In three campaigns as Bretonnia, Bordeleaux, and Carcassone I have never gotten Lyonesse to confederate with me
>which means I usually have to deal with a Mousillon rebellion every once in a while, or stick a Paladin there to increase order forever.
>Will confederate with Bretonnia for no reason when I play as other lords

>New Wood Elven AI means they NEVER leave the Forest
>They sit in the max garrison towns with stacks they can only afford because LOL AI Bonuses
>The Athel Loren maps are bugged and reinforcements ALWAYS spawn in behind the elves, and usually get swarmed
>retarded recruitment so stacks of 10+ Glade Guard or 15+ Wardancers, fighting them is tedious as fuck
>Can't autoresolve because Bretonnian units blow in Autoresolve
>Cannot leave lands for fear of Spy Satellite AI knowing exactly when its safe to move out and strike
>ALWAYS take attrition damage everytime you switch to normal stance
>In all but my Louen Leoncouer game my economy could BARELY sustain a full stack with decent units and a shitty defensive stack
>which meant I could never overwhelm them with numbers advantage because I could never field a third force.

Bretonnia blows. I think i'm just not cut out for them, I've never had this issue with ANY other faction excepting Skarsnik.

Lileath wasn't of much importance to the Elves, so she found someone who was in actual need of her powers.

High Elves would sooner follow Vaul or Asuryan, Woodies value Kurnous and Isha above her, and the Dark Elves go to Khaine for power.

>Faction is based around a mediocre anvil and a godlike hammer
>Bang two anvils together
>HUUURRRR dis ain't uorkin' so good

Ya think, lad?

Any good mods for the orcs?

I w

if you're gonna go all peasant at least bring some more trebuchets

>"Gold! Freely given-"
fuck off

there is no need to be upset, noble knight

early game, don't have the building yet

one doubles orc units size

another buffs savage orcs in a few ways

the last allows orcs to settle anywhere but its only really helped skarsnik

i feel that all 3 are very lore friendly. orcs are an endless green tide and they dont really give a shit where they fight

>had been lying to them since she blessed the first ancient brettonians
She never pretended to be a human goddess, her followers just assume she is.

STTAAAAAAAA-
>critical failure

So lately I've been raiding my own provinces just so rebels will spawn and I'll be able to level up my lords. Does this go against Sigmar's teachings?

which mods?

>retreat distance is "as the crow flies", not travel distance

I got real sick of this shit chasing turks around the mountains of eastern anatolia back in M2, why is it still happening with vamps running a marathon around a river?

>no webms
FUCK THIS SHIT

>upward, vertical swing
>met with another sword
>decapitates

Question:

Would the empire campaign benefit from having research times halved?

I note than in every other campaign you can get most or all tech by around turn 140. Empire you're lucky to have half of the tree.

glade guard have cool melee animations

Proper Combat mod any good?

How do I erase those pesky vampires up the north as Bordeleaux?? They never leave their fucking city until they have 2 fucking stacks and I have no chance anymore because muh peasents

ambush stance

Rate my late game stack
Lord
Witchhunter
3 hand gunners
3 halbreds
3 GS
Cannon
Hellblaster
Rocket launcher
2 demis
2 demi breds
Steam tank.

>when the sassanid empire is available for purchase

Is lore of life any good?

I find that grey wizards or light wizards are more useful.

Am I just not noticing the healing?