BMW Appreciation Thread

B R A K E M Y W A L L E T

I love the E92 bodywork, maybe more than any other car

My baby in the driveway. She's getting a new engine this week.

Veeky Forums broke my picture

Nice, what are you putting in?

Sold my V8 last week, pic related

Just another M20, the PO ran it without a working thermostat and blew the head gasket and likely damaged the head. I have access to a lower mileage engine that I know is good so instead of trying to fix this one I'm just swapping it.

How long do engine swaps really take?

The BMW i8 has one of the best looking front ends of any modern car, especially pretty in person.
Too bad it looks terrible from the rear, those taillights are hideous.

Probably a weekend if you're doing the same engine/model. Much longer otherwise.

I just bought this BMW what ya think

Oh well it's being done at a shop that I'm friends with the owner of and I'm helping but we have all the tools and proper stuff so probably not too long. 3 or 4 days probably

Go away

Thinking of picking up a BMW bike and some of that sweet gear. Thoughts?

Not a GS I hope.

Does anybody shitposting about the Alfa actually own one? I don't think I've ever seen it on the road.

not a BMW. but still bad ass

I drove an i3 last week. I really liked it. They are pretty affordable now, and EVs have relatively few fluids and moving parts, so I don't think it'd cost much to run. Anyone else looking at these?

i sat in one does that count

Which one? The F 800 ST seems like a good all rounder.

I have a 1960 Alfa does that count?

Was it nice? I live in the Bay Area, where you'd expect them to be popular, given that everybody seems to buy a C AMG or some M variety around here.

Since he's posting alfa. what do the eliot rodgers community think of this fine lol-cant-turn (besides not being able to see out of it).

GS is gud tho!

I love my shitty GS.

I'm completely new to riding so I was looking at the G 310 R. I prefer the NineTs though for that classic look.

what the quick rundown on BMW bikes? Why no GS?

>new to riding
How fat are you? What is the maximum posted speed on your local highways?

Don't buy a new bike.

They are a meme and poorfags be jelly of our sweet GSes.

BMI: 20
Speed: 70 mph

I'm not looking to ride on the high way probably just around town country roads for some fun.

Highway without a box of metal around me doesn't sound appealing.

BMW i8
>Super/Sports car tier body
>instead of 8 or even 12 cylinders of sexy Internal combustion engine it only has 3
>fags and hipster yuppies love it because its electric
>Literally uses speakers to pump sexy engine sounds through instead of just having a sexy engine

The i8 makes me sad and angry.

Really, just buy a used Ninja 300 and ride it for a season. Skip the baby beemers. BMWs are overpriced.

My wallet is fat and hates japan tho

what else does your wallet hate?

Then why bother even asking for opinions?

Buy a KTM 390.

Apple, fast food, and amazon.com, why?

bc i want to hear them.

>bc i want to hear them.
No you don't. You want validation.

Buy a used 390 and fuck off. Or if you have half a brain, a used Ninja 300.

Give reasons other than typical brand banter. My wallet can't be broken by BMW so I dont care if the bike is 4k or 5k or 10k .

Hey /bmw/.

suhhh

Do your own research. Buying a new bike as your first is short sighted. BMW is over priced (so is KTM).

You aren't going to keep any of these baby bikes for more than two seasons so you'll get hit HARD on depreciation.

Not caring about the cost vs utility of a purchase is childish and short sighted.

The RC390 and 390 Duke look WAY better than the G310.

The KTM should be cheaper since you can buy used. If you're a homo and insist on buying new because you're a dumb goyim and need to use credit, then the BMW is less.

The Ninja 300 is a better option for a disposable bike that you won't keep for very long.

Do your own research since you don't care what the smart choice is since you made up our mind already.

Hi lads. What's goin on itt?

My 300 buck vee ayte is alive yet again. Crankshaft position sensor was fucked so she couldn't get past 2k rpm. Sounds absolutely heavenly with straight pipes

>tfw all the best looking BMWs are too expensive for me
Being a dumb minimum wage grease monkey is kinda painful at times.

E36s are cheap

nah man they look like they have down syndrome

>Literally uses speakers to pump sexy engine sounds through instead of just

Bruh every modern car does this.

BROKE MY OIL PAN

show the left side with the bondo all over it :^)

3 series enjoy a hefty ricer tax over here. I prefer 5 series and upwards anyway, although an E30/36/46 coupe would be swell for a daily.

Try lifting the car enough so the oil pan won't scratch the road, ok?

good price/performance
horrible looks
shit interior

hand waxed my e60
so shiny now

F30 328i vs F32 428i Coupe vs ecoboost.
wat get?
F30 would be msport whereas the 428i would be no line, barebones but manual and ecoboost is ecoboost.

I reckon the F30, non M Sport BMWs look rather bland now

Wut

>every modern car

Which ones? gimme some sources.

lol i paid cash for BMW car, I can afford 4k cash for the 310.

Get the M-Sport.

i honestly wouldn't recommend bothering with the f30

why not the 2 series? arguably the most fun chassis bmw makes right now

Looks like you also spent a lot of money ruining your suspension

Bought this last week, I love it.

Cheap track car a co-worker and I built.

335i msport? nice choice

lol no, I wish.
It's only a 320i msport.
So yes, missing 2 essential cylinders.
Being a young yuropoor sucks man.

OOOOH BABY

looks tidy and clean
nice dude

Thinking about getting a 2017 330xi. Y/N?

Ayyyy my BMWbros

e90 wheels work nicely with e46
meanwhile i used to have e63 wheels on my e60 (pic very related)

>mfw the best BMW powered vehicle wasn't even built by BMW

too much function needs more poke

miles? was it stock when you bought it and how much did you pay. thinking about picking one up. I see good examples in the 7-8k range. i want to grab one while they're still cheap.

50/50

Only BMWs I can get behind.

Anything you find for 7-8k will need a ton of work, believe me. Not that it's hard or expensive to work on these, but yeah.
Find one with a clean body and interior, parts can be replaced.
But yeah mine was stock aside from SSR wheels, H&R coils, & eibach sways. Not so much the case anymore lol.

It pokes a lot already lol

I'm more concerned with the body and paint condition. The mechanics are whatever I can fix all that. Finding a good interior is the hardest I'm sure, the interiors in these things fall apart if not meticulously cared for. Is yours black?

I don't like the stretch, but the rest of your car is real nice.

originally i mean

Yeah mine is black, but I'm going Modena soon here. The interior bits are easy to fix. Make sure the window seals and exterior big window molding are in good shape, otherwise offer less as they are fairly expensive and usually backordered. Then again not sure if you're as picky as I am or have the intention to restore.

Meh, 225s on 8.5 & 245 on 9s. You really can't fit much meat under these cars and keep it aesthetic.

Favorite Beamers

>2002
>3.0 csl
>e46 M3 (laguna seca blue). The e46, in general, was solid.
>e39 m5
>M2

Honorable mentions:

I like the 850, even though it sucks. Interesting experiment in BMW history.

I have a thing for the E38. That's exactly how a German built full size sedan should be.

The E36 m3 just looks so badass.

Dislikes

How the new 3 series, 5, and 7, all look too much alike besides the size.

The x suv's are pointless. Don't have the capabilities or style of their competitors.

I don't get the 6 series coupe. It's a 5 with less room. I do like the convertibles though.

In that case, enjoy!

As your preferences change you'll likely want to experience a variety of bikes, but that's no reason not to take advantage of having money for new ones. Buy quality riding gear too. You'll be glad you did.

how high of achance is there of cracking the head on a m20 if you keep up with regular coolant system maintenance, etc.? im paranoid as fuck

I have lots of BMW photos from CnC this morning. We managed to get four e36 M3s together at the end of the seven or so that were there. Many more to come.

Goy should have been there. Tisk tisk.

>best looking front ends of any modern car
That front end is awful and Aventadors would like a word.

a non-boosted non-overheated block will never, ever crack

Nice e36 how much power are you putting down with the supercharger?
This is my M3 ZCP

Universe suffers a heat death before the M20 dies. Remember to service the timing belt.

In other news, 300 buck 530 vee ayte is alive yet again. Crank position sensor was fucked so she couldn't rev properly.

it's aluminum though. i see the topic come up alot on forums, im guessing the people didnt keep up with maintenance or are just unlucky.

Extremely unlucky AND bad with maintenance. Never had any problems with my M20B20 powered E34 aside for it being an anemic piece of shit.
The car had 600m on the clock and was a dumb, young kids first ever RWD car with a locking diff. Managed to burn through 2 clutches in one summer though.

1999 e46 323ci
swapped m50b25 from a 1994 e36
950rwhp in progress

Holy shit that's cool.
Makes me want to turbo my e30

BIG
MONEY
WASTED

God damn i love the 8 series

Anons, i have a PY E46 M3, should I wrap it or leave it as is? If I wrapped it, id go for a satin pearl white or satin grey

Who else here /ZHP/?