Rust

First for ANY GAME is better than NO GAME

JAI

A game isn't a game until someone else has played it

Brave to OP for not succumbing to namefag BS

*hands game to sister*

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=877722790
trailer youtube.com/watch?v=m_OhFr8BBSI

check out my squirrel sphere greenlight page. trying to get on steam before they increase fees

loli jam please

Adding a pet to make the Hub less lonely

finished game > unfinished game

doesn't matter how good your game could be if it's unfinished

the last 10% where you turn your mess into a product is the hardest part, it's what separates the devs from the nodevs

>shilling
Anyway looks pretty cool. Cute too. Cute seems to be selling more these days, looking at shit like Slime Rancher.

More Snail Progress
Life Cycle of Snails
Wait for visible player in range = Sleep
Walk to below the player to shot = Walk
Shoot to the player, then walk again = Shoot
Run from the player after an ally bullet hit near Snail = Run

Is this how you actually save in this game, or is this a consequential save?

youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE

jokes on you, my sister already played my game

some players didn't recognize the health recovery item's function, so i changed its icon and added text popups to items
names are wip

I finished the Unity shooter tutorial, am I a yesdev because of that? Since it doesn't matter how shitty the finished game is.

Only tangentially gamedev-related, but I spent an hour or so making a copper coin out of some guy's ability icon.

Why is it so much more fun to improve other people's stuff than making your own?

is it in a releasable state? could you post it on itch.io/steam/etc. and not have it removed for not being a game?

if yes, then it counts and you're a yesdev

There's no such thing as good writing, only good rewriting.

I am using only royalty-free assets, so it can be released. It is a simple shooter, but it is a game. It's just so shitty that it would never make past the greenlight.

Some girls for a fighting game. Thoughts? Any glaring ugly mutant anatomy errors?

Chinese girl sword and nazi mage book need work. Can't figure out how to improve them though.

Reminder that there is no combination of words more harmful to the creative process than

"Well done."

>that knife on the first one
Its very SORD-like.

Also did some testing with glow maps for UI animation for our own game. I think it could be a good way to juice up the UI without wasting too much texture space on animation frames.

Uh, I guess maybe?

And I made flashing animations for each of the corners of these tiling crosses. They will make up the background for the touchscreen, and animate when touched, to create light trails.

wtf is this sick shit don't bully

I improved your sprite, remember?

As well as this ridiculous little thing, which I have no idea what is

nazi batman girl's left foot looks kinda fucked also she's a girl and girls don't have bulges
the one's feet also look fucked, she is pointing backwards with her waist but front with her chest, try to replicate that pose and tell me how you do
other than that they are all really pretty, of course they need some shading but they're pretty good

>girls don't have bulges
You need to be more modern-minded, user.

Stop stealing graphics any day, user.

No I don't.

I think she's weaing one of thos hypertight OL skirts and it just looks like a bulge.

you fucked the quote up

youtube.com/watch?v=S6vTI5g198E

She's a girl(male)

I recall your old post on the first one, you have improved a lot.
Are you going to have one qtie for each nation involved on WW2?
Do you have a site or blog to follow you?

>everything's a quote
Never go full retard.

>also she's a girl and girls don't have bulges

I copied some short skirts from typical officewomen, maybe fucked up and made it look like she's a dickgirl tho.

Thanks for the tips.

yesdev > nodev > shittydev
If you are looking at something shitty and saying "it's finished, so it's fine", kill yourself.

Just look at Inafune, his game was so shitty, that not only he brought down his own reputation, but also brought down the reputation of the platform he was advertising on. Even steam knows that, this is why steam doesn't let anyone simply release games on steam, they don't want to have their reputation ruined by shitty games.

Elephantitis of the pubic mound is a serious issue affecting thousands of women, user.

>nodev > shittydev
No.

Make sure to have to Chinese girl mounted by the Jap if she loses

>pubic mound

>that webum

>Even steam knows that, this is why steam doesn't let anyone simply release games on steam, they don't want to have their reputation ruined by shitty games.
What year is this?

I plan on having at least one character for each major WW2 faction. I have the designs, need to flesh then out and, well, eventually hire some help or go crazy doing everything myself.

I have a pixiv account but don't post on it yet. Will do once I am a bit less lazy and have more stuff to show.

Consequential but I don't think I'll actually let that happen, that would probably be a dick move.

Actions have consequences, user.

>No.
No.

What exactly are you trying to say? I am not saying that there are not shitty games on steam, but that steam is doing what is realistically possible to prevent from shitty games being released on it, while also letting new devs release games on steam.

patreon.com/yiffalicious
how do I get this good

poal.me/catheq
poal.me/catheq
poal.me/catheq

got grayscale base color up for this chibi witch, haven't done much with stylized proportions yet. how's it look?

Looks promising.

uhhh

Is making characters in Blender meant to be extremely difficult?

I wish I were as good as you, user

welcome back
i think it could use a bit more to emphasize the jump than the shadow, maybe increase the scale a bit or something (mixel warning though)

anyway, take some fanart i meant to post about a year ago

Autodesk has a patent on easy to use 3D modelling tools, so the Blender devs had to work around that.

But his doesn't have a shiny butt in it.

you don't think zbrush is easy to use senpai?

Not that guy, but yes, Zbrush is extremely easy and intuitive. Especially compared to Blender.

depends. if you want a cheap modeling suite try metasequoia or wings3D. as for rigging and animating, blender is the only option unless you're willing to cough up some serious dough

Zbrush?

>Zbrush is extremely easy and intuitive

thanks! and whoah, very cute, i'm honored.

i hadn't considered that. its given me a few ideas for sure. maybe zooming in slightly, while having a more precise camera-follow for a similar effect? hmm.

>explicit

lol

Yes?

Just choose a brush and start sculpting, nigga

zbrush > blender > substance painter

>"just choose a brush," he said
>"just start sculpting," he said

Compared to Blender.

that's deliberately obtuse, i have a hotkey menu that has the 12 or so buttons i need

this is on par with the japs. nice

the thing in the middle is the default zmodeller menu. Pixologic made it deliberately obtuse?

Joking aside, I've actually used Zbrush and have done tutorials, and I still don't find the program or the interface very intuitive at all. It has a fairly steep learning curve and for the level of 3D work that's usually being done in this thread plus the usual team size of one, I think it's overkill.

If so, Blender must be some kind of unholy mess.

So Zbrush is better than Blender? Even for animating?

sure ok, you've won this internet argument

have you tried making animations at that resolution yet? it looks like a shitload of work

It's very easy and intuitive, imo, but making full sculpts for all game assets for a large game is a huge time-hog, yes.

But really, it's just like working with clay. If you have a good sense for shapes and textures you'll be able to make nice stuff right out of the box.
Meanwhile, you need tutorials just to be able to orientate within Blender, and box-modelling, topology and UV unwrapping are all tasks which can't really be done by natural intuition alone.

You haven't used Blender?

>if

zbrush has no animating. but I do think it is overall the most powerful 3d package. it sure in the hell ain't intuitive though

11 - Jock
3* | ATK: 01 DEF: 06 |
You can sacrifice Jock to select any warrior from your deck; send that warrior to the graveyard.

No, absolutely not.
Zbrush is pretty useless for gamedev on its own.
You need Blender, Maya or Max to be able to make game-ready assets.

day one buy for me

>If so, Blender must be some kind of unholy mess.
You are like little baby

So if I wanted to give myself the best chance of creating good looking characters, I'd have to purchase a super expensive autodesk/modo license? Is it really that much harder to pull off in Blender as people say?

This is a great meme and all but Maya and Zbrush require just as many hotkeys to be effective.

It's because it's just direct tracing of jap-made characters, user...

And that doesn't even mention the video editing features. Blender is a mixed bag. It has a lot of awesome features (and for free), but it's a pain using them the first time.

No, I use Maya.

I think our experiences are coloring our opinions on ease of use, here. For instance, I use Maya and I find many things straightforward in the program, but to someone who hasn't touched it before, it can definitely look like a clusterfuck. Hell, I still sometimes find myself Googling where the hell to find an option that they seem to have moved between version updates.

But, even coming from Maya's menus-on-menus, I still think Zbrush's interface is pretty convoluted. Maybe the benefit of your experience leads you to believe it's easy, but that definitely wasn't the case for me.

Nor the billions of addons - Many of which are entire programs in their own right.

Zbrush was the first 3D software I tried. Later I learned Blender, and found that to be a much harder task.
Zbrush was just natural.

>No, I use Maya.
Where do you get the money for it?

You can pirate anything, but no, Blender is still viable for pretty much anything 3D related, but it will be a bit harder to learn (and sometimes wrestle with)

>Zbrush
>require hotkeys
???
For what?

If you don't want to use Blender for sculpting, you can still use Sculptris, which is free.

i'm not going to make it to demo day. i'm 8 days behind on features. totally over scoped myself.

Just like pirate game