Modifying a car at all

>modifying a car at all

please, tell me more about how you know more than a team of engineers and years of automotive experience.

Some cars are made with budget in mind.
Technology evolves.

Hey at least he has no excuse for dirty teeth.

...Actually he would drown if he ever went in water.

I use forums and youtube

How would he eat? Wouldn't the food just flow out the sides?

And target markets, and cultural norms

Hence why swaps exist. You can have your favorite body but without the gutless shit the auto company thought its demographic would accept, because light+fast can only go with two seats and a missing roof unless you're rich. It's just how it is!

na bro, i put my plugs in

Even if he could with all that crap in is mouth, I heard all his teeth fell out.

>please, tell me more about how you know more than a team of engineers and years of automotive experience.

Several cars models are sometimes build on the same base platform and to save money, some just get the basics.
Example, the VW Golf GTI is build on the same platform as the Audi RS3 but gets the same cheap front axle as the standard Golf. When I replace it with that of the Audi S3 (same part as the VW Passat) I'm only doing what the engineers should have done in the first place (and probably would have) if the account managers hadn't said "No, too expensive!"

Your argument is invalid.

I put a plate holder on my towhook so i don"t need to drill my front bumper

>Baiting to this degree

You really don't need to try this hard.

Example: Alphonse just uses 2 different color abstract squares to shit post about 2 cars that literally don't matter and people STILL reply.

1/10 for making me reply

No because you can close a flap in your throat

Well yeah being dry is terrible for teeth

>Being this obsessed with me

>And target markets, and cultural norms

And price points and profit margins

because a group of engineers wouldn't cut up a rear bumper and screw it upside down to the bottom of the front bumper now would they...

some cars are made to be modded like gt86

How does this asshole eat or drink? Disgusting.

but I am an automotive engineer with years of experience

But muh emissions regulations mean nothing to the aftermarket

>I unbolt and bolt in plug and play car parts. I do what engineers do!
no

That's not what he said at all you moron

it literally is

>mods are never made by teams of engineers with years of automotive experience

I'm an automotive engineer, and recycling existing parts from off the shelf with as few changes as possible is pretty much my job.

You think this guy is still alive? Pic is kinda old now.

my truck broke...I had to fix it...So why not spend an extra grand to do it myself?

stock rebuilt transmission - $2k installed @ shop
built transmission/high stall - $3k shipped to my local freight

no regrets.

as well...last time I ordered a rear end assy the shop I shipped it to was like...how much you pay for dis? They told me for a few hundo moar they would build me a better one....NEXT TIME, I've been through 3 rear ends/drive shafts (different times sometimes) a few tailshafts and a head gasket that I figured would be easier to replace the whole motor.

I don't know more than the people who engineered my vehicle, however I know I cannot afford to take it to a shop, and the googlebox tells me step by step, fuck year rockauto send me some wheel hub assy.

God I hope not

Retard here. What the fuck does a stall converter do? All I can understand is it raises rpms or something

Most car manufacturers and engineers have a list of goals to achieve. Once they achieve it, that's it, they are done and move onto the next model. It's not "the sky is the limit" and they make every car the absolute best that it can be. That's when the consumer comes in, takes over, and continues their job.

Also keep in mind, a lot of these cars are bottlenecked all over the place. Simple fucking boltons that do nothing except improve airflow can add as much as 60whp on modern 6 cylinder cars. That's a very respectable performance boost.

It's not that I have more experience than a team of engineers, it's just that I'm not limited by government and time restrictions.

connects flywheel to transmission.

fluid dynamics/clutch plates some other wizardy dictates stall speed, stock trucks are usually 1600-2200. Its all about the power curve, I make gobs of power @ 4k rpm, so I just skip right to it - blowing the tires up is life now, also that shift extension....ugh, at WOT 1-2 shift has little loss and just feels right.

also tune out that torque management....as well you will need to tell your comp not to go into limp mode when you upshift but don't drop rpms (in stock form this means something done broke)

His teeth have rotted out by now at least.

This is a false premise.

People who modify cars are only exploiting the fact they dont have to follow the same emissions, fuel elconomy, cost, marketing, or warranty constraints.

Although there are a bunch of fucks who dont know what they are doing.

how does he swim?

>please, tell me more about how you know more than a team of engineers and years of automotive experience.
I know the Michelin PSS are tires that are better suited to my needs than the tires the OEM put on my car, so I used the first chance to replace the stock tires with the aftermarket parts. This applies to a lot of other commonly modded parts.

Your point?

>implying the best aftermarket stuff isn't made by a team of engineers with not only years of automotive experience in general but also many years of experience building race cars

Its not

It is.

Your Alphonse is showing

A team of engineers are told by a pile of rich fucks to engineer parts that are designed to fail after a specific time interval so that the parts manufacturer can fucking merk the average joe who has no clue how to fix a car. If you know anything about vehicles you have a better chance of making your car last longer if a) you make replacements for basic parts your self or b) you purchase aftermarket parts designed to last longer and are made by engineers that actually want the parts to last.

What if he pierced that too?

Sometimes the mods increase performance by trading off safety or emissions which are required by the government.

NO DIGNITY

As an engineer with a few years of automotive engineering:

The end customer is under a completely different set of rules, regulations and goals than us. We design something for 100% of the market - they only have to account for themselves. I'm pretty confident that, even as an end consumer, I'd be a lot less knowledgable than entire team of well-payed engineers, and I'm not trying to say I know more than an entire group. For example, I can get away with the NVH values and maintenance interval changes a set of ITB's would bring. You try getting ITB's past the design stage in any mainstream car company, and accounting starts yelling it adds cost without adding big horsepower numbers to a spreadsheet.

If you ever get an engineering degree, you'll understand this, because it doesn't just apply to the automotive market.

A higher stall converter stalls at a higher RPM. Basically, when you brake on a car with a torque converter automatic, and then add throttle, the stall RPM is the RPM where it pushes through the brakes. Higher RPM means the torque converter is more loose, kinda like a CVT. If it is loose, then you can launch closer to your ideal RPM, usually near peak power. All that power all at once can make for some amazing launches, and keeps your car perfectly in the powerband down a dragstrip.

Downsides? More slippage = more energy lost. Energy can't get ''lost'' so instead it turns into heat in your transmission, and rapidly heats up your transmission fluid. You'll probably want a seperate cooler for that.

>Simple fucking boltons that do nothing except improve airflow can add as much as 60whp on modern 6 cylinder cars.
You want to know why this is?

Modern cars are limited by their bottom end or rotating assembly. Basically, we as engineers have to make sure that 99.9% of all those assemblies survive to beyond the warranty point. The remaining 0.1%? Don't give a fuck, that's what margins are for, they'll pay for the warranty. With the ever increasing warranties (Really, Korea? 7 FUCKING YEARS?!), that's a buttload of stress those part will have to endure, so they're overbuilt. Then, after you designed those parts to survive 99.9% of the time at the expected power level, you have to make sure the engine makes exactly that amount of power, otherwise your calculations go wrong and the whole assembly blows up in the warranty period.

Another strategy is to take a given engine at 100% power and 90% failure in the warranty period. First off, we add margin to cover those 10% of failures - which is why top trim engines can be mechanically identical, and still be more expensive. At 90% power, that engine will only fail 99% of the time - and so you only have to pay for that failing 1%. At 80%, that gets reduced to about 99.9% - and that's why an ECU-detuned engine with identical mechanical bits can be way less expensive, because we don't have to add margin to cover warranty costs. If you, as a consumer, then take that 80% engine when it's beyond the warranty period (AKA: you ain't getting a dime from us when it blows up), and put the 100% tune on it's, that's probably a smart move (provided said engine blowing up won't bankrupt you).

>giving a shit.
I want to put a v8 in a geo tracker.