/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Committed infanticide:
>/dsg/ tournament on March 25:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted "Capital Knight" armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (404, please re-upload): my.mixtape.moe/ldkpad.webm

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JTcKa5wedNM&list=PL1iwwMmsVqKOMes-ZAoWaS0iQKDcGk7Ln
mega.nz/#!DZswmY6a!llvcxQ95V6UW5zCN5CNdlwbUSy6vYq99vr46htpsxUs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

Reminder, Yuria is a slut, and a useless whore that should be offered to the first flame as kindling.

fc at high wall
pass: dsg

What's their end goal?
Are Frampt and Kaathe working towards the same end?

So, here's some food for thought:

What makes an Unkindled different from other Undead is that they tried and failed to Link the First Flame, because they lacked the strength of will to do so, and were burned to ashes for it. But then this begs the question, how would an Unkindled even gain access to the First Flame in the first place? If the Kiln is protected by various iterations of the Soul of Cinder, then how would they manage to get close enough to the First Flame at all?

Maybe this is where the "strength of will" thing comes from. A regular Undead would, presumably, have beaten a shitload of tough bosses and have strengthened their soul sufficiently along the way that, not only would they be able to defeat the Kiln's guardian, they would also be strong enough to survive the process of Linking and become a Lord of Cinder.

So then, does this mean that in the past there have been times where the First Flame was unguarded? And then some random-ass passerby happens to try to touch it and becomes an Unkindled?

that would explain aldrich as a lord

>one betrayed his kind and attempts to keep the First Flame alive
>the other tried and failed to bring about an Age of Dark several times in the past, and died before the latest attempt could be made
Same end, my ass.

Wow, AoA is short. I feel like I bout it an hour or so ago and I already killed Friede. I didn't really like her, I wish I got to see more of Father Ariandel, he was interesting.

U NO RIKE? TOO BAD GAIJIN HERE FOUR DOG

Well keep in mind there's really no indication of wether or not the Soul of Cinder is a common phenomenom. Unlike Gwyn, it isn't a specific someone who went there and linked to the flame, but an impersonal amalgamation of all those who did link it in the past. I feel that may be an important distinction, since we don't know if that entity appears on every single cycle of linking or is just a result of how close the flame is to death..

That said, it could simply be that being strong enough to reach the Flame is not automatically enough to be accepted by it. This definition is irrelevant for the player, since it would be very anticlimatic if once you reached the Kiln in Dark Souls 1 and beat Gwyn and touched the Flame you simply were blasted away in a cloud of ash and that's how the game ended, but in-universe what is to say that there isn't such a thing as simply not being strong enough, either in convinction or in actual might, to do so?

So uhh, the links to the cheat table are down. Like the whole topic is erased. What the fuck?

Best Staff for 50 Int?

I made a thing.

>two Proofs of Concord dropping in a row
OH BABY

Holy shit, I just notice something.
The Soul of Cinder is wearing the Elite Knight Armour Set.

Ah yes, and if you listen closely you can hear Gwon Lord of Thunder's theme in the second phase.

>Everyone is Gwynevere
Fromsoft isn't helping with the whole "Queen of Lothric" deal

>Everyone is Velka
ok
>Everyone is related to Gwyn
Fromsoft is the one guilty of this. Yorshka and Gwyn's "youngest new daughter"
>Everything is a Pygmy
Pygmies are hollows, the natural state of life before the advent of souls. So this is actually true.
>Gods are humans
They aren't gods in a literal sense user.
>Manus is a woman
Yes, that one is dumb, but the "daughters of the abyss/shards of manus" isn't helping.
>The Painted World is the Deep
The Deep and the Rot of the Painted World are basically caused by the same thing: Rotten humanity
>Dark Souls 2 never happened
Parts of it are of questionable canon, but yeah your right.
>Aldrich is Nito because Gravelord Sword
Aldrich gets his power from eating humanity, so yeah your right, this is dumb.
Don't know where that Gravelord sword comes from
>Seath is responsible for the Abyss because crystals
Stupid
>"Time is Convoluted" means whatever I want it to mean
Given the amount of time travel in this series....
>Different species of Undead
Again, everyone hollows to their natural state because of a shared common origin.
>Age of Dark=Age of Ancients
Agreed, this is dumb.
>Everyone is secretly a tree or dragon
What the fuck are those hollows on the highwall of Lothric turning into again user?
Or how about the forest of the fallen giants?
>Occasional unironic insistence that the Carthus Sandworm is Solaire
This becomes a lot less dumb when you take a look at the concept stuff and realize that the chaos bugs were suppose to have a lifecycle.
Also, the chaos flame mutates people into demons and spiders.

>>Dark Souls 2 never happened
>Parts of it are of questionable canon, but yeah your right.
This is a good thing.

>one betrayed his kind
Are primodrial serpents dragons or something? Pretty sure neirther Kaate nor Frampt were interested in breaking the cycle, and age of dragons is outside of the cycle.
> died before the latest attempt could be made
The fuck?

Dark Souls 2 is canon thanks From!

>Fromsoft isn't helping with the whole "Queen of Lothric" deal

FromSoft made it abundantly clear that the Queen of Lothric is Gwynevere going incognito. The retarded insistence that everyone else is Gwynevere comes from much less, or else involves the quantum state of both Rosaria and the Dancer simultaneously being and not being Gwynevere.

The whole list is a terminal case of "People latching on to one potentially significant detail and then flatly ignoring all other, more obvious, more prevalent details that contradict their theory".

I like DS2 a lot more now that I see how badly it triggers a few spergs from these threads.

That only parts of DaS II is canon or that it never happened?

Didn't the developer state that drangleic is the south pole to Lordran's north pole?

>Rosaria
So what's the story about who she is?

>implying Gwynevere isn't a self-replicating organism that spawns multiple copies of herself
We're about six or seven Gwyneveres deep at this point.

Intellectually deficient users are convinced she is Gwynevere, because you can use her soul to make one of the miracles Gwynevere passes out to her hand maidens.

The same as the Dancer of the Boreal Valley.

Which other people are also convinced is Gwynevere.

For the exact same reason.

You see the problem, right?

DaS2 wasn't developed by Miyazaki, so he gets to say what he wants about the game he did develop, the one that we're still currently playing.

It's not uncommon for directors to contradict each other over time with various entries in a franchise. If you look at Gundam, for example, Tomino contradicts his own past "lore" all the time, which up until then is considered "canon."

I'd take the "north pole vs south pole" thing with a few salt tablets, because Shibuya turned DaS2 into a massive clusterfuck of a mess that Tanimura had to rescue him from, and in the process destroy a lot of the past statements. And even after that there's still a bunch of shit within DaS2 itself that doesn't match up with each other.

What's the best Souls blind playthrough to watch?

Looking for two people to 2v2 with Ds3.

The only reason I brought up the "north pole vs. south pole" is because I heard some speculation that Drangleic may be Londor considering Yuria's interest in a "true monarch of man" and the wedding with Anri.
Nevermind the fact that the Pilgrims of Londor come somewhere from the south.

And the ivory king dls area is built over izallith.
Now go on and say something like izalith came through ground to another pole.
Or even something like das3 area was buried under glacier for some time.
Alvays thought Rosaria is Gwynevere and Dancer is some sort of royal servant because of miracle descriptions.
It's also stated that Gwynevere is a mother.

Cowboy's pre-release blind run through of DaS3 is kind of entertaining at times.

Guess who else is a mother?

The fucking Queen of Lothric.

"Gave birth to many Heavenly Children"

The best friends play souls LPs are decent at times.

Well, to be fair, Eleum Loyce is not a part of Drangleic, the warp you take at the Shrine of Winter presumably takes you to another part of the world.

There's also nothing saying that the Chaos can't move.

I feel like the Age of Dark would be pretty chill. Just dark and quiet everywhere sounds pretty peaceful.

Fine then. Miracle made of soul of somebody special to Gwynevere states she's a mother.
Dancer's miracle statres it's granted to maiden, Rosaira does not, just a "special Miracle granted by the Princess of Sunlight." Might be a bad translation.
This also leads to question was ocerios last king or not.
Izalith is an underground submarine now. I like this concept.

>Now go on and say something like izalith came through ground to another pole.
Geography is meaningless in Dark Souls because shit can move around.
None of the area in 3 should be linked together, but they are because the lands of the lords of cinder are "converging".

Thats why the Kiln looks like a bunch of random crap smashed together at the end of 3. Reality is caving in on itself as the fire dies.

GG FC OVER

It was nice having my ass handed that many times tbqh.
See you in the next one.

Guys please I just wanna restore my old characters that I lost when my HDD failed.

It's not like there's any other reason to "like" it

Sure, I think I've gotten as high as SL45 whilst still Watchdogging.

Any of y'all play the King's Field/Shadow Tower games?

>shitty image macro

What is this, 2009?

Well then there would be no point in sealing izalith. Space and time were bednig to allow linking the flame, or something like that, and I can't see a point for izalith to move around (and then slowly die because of chaos flame fading)

no they look and play like shit

>y'all

darn tootin

This one is GOAT for the OG DaS.

youtube.com/watch?v=JTcKa5wedNM&list=PL1iwwMmsVqKOMes-ZAoWaS0iQKDcGk7Ln

>plays blind with additional quips from a guy who's already played it
>additional dude only talks about shit after it's happened though
>great humour
>also manages to luck out at several parts, finding the easy way through several notoriously hard parts
>this is slightly disappointing but amusing to see all the faggots sperging out about him "cheating" or whatnot in the comments

They look and play dated, sure, but the mechanics are very solid and immersive if you acquaint yourself with them.
Souls games come off as obtuse to many people, but it's that same learning curve that makes them such an enrapturing simulation. KF is similar.

Guys please

>play for the first time in ages
>invade a shitload, feel the rush again
>forget why I ever quit
>invade the same t-posed guy 4 times in a row
>invade another guy and he's hacking
>don't want to invade anymore
thank fuck for duels

>implying you can't find T-posers and hackers in the arena

they're rarer and you only have to deal with them for like 5 minutes, also if someone's hacking you find out straight away instead of chasing them from the entrance of the dungeon to Yhorm reeeeeee

From doesn't even know. They haven't thought that far ahead.

okay nevermind I just played three rounds in the arena. FC when?

>Manus, Father of the Abyss
>Manus
>Man
>"us"

What is the giant dad of Dark Souls 3?

>Father of the Abyss
>The Abyss
>Abyss
>/ss/

Powerful build that only works on the mentally ill, but specific to the point of not being just "anything because anything works on stupid people" with a get out of jail free card that's actually good?

Iron flesh sacred flame with Black Flame on the side.

They all want to bring back the age of dragons. Kaathe thinks that bringing the age of dark will naturally push the world in the age of ancients. Frampt thinks perpetually lighting the first flame will leave it to a weakened state from which it would be unable to ever recover. Problem is, this takes way longer.

Neat, I just started a pyromancer anyways.

No, unkindleds are undead from previous cycles. They never attempted to link the fire, that much is revealed by the starting class descriptions. When someone else linked the fire, they stopped being undead and became humans. Humans whose bodies far outlived their expiration dates and therefore dropped dead on the spot. It's also hinted in Anastacia's dialogue. This somewhat also explains why they don't naturally hollow, even if it doesn't explain why they respawn without some "it's magic, I ain't gotta explain shit" fuckery

what is the balder side sword of ds2?

I had the original King's Field downloaded the other day. I haven't played more than half an hour or so of it just yet, but apart from the controls and an inability to save the game normally it seems interesting.
>that first skeleton behind the hidden wall

Foot soldier?

What do you guys use for parrying in PvP?

Is there still an FC going on?

Claw, or I would if you fuckers would link me a damned cheat table.

caestus desu

you could have started a new character and been in ng+7 in the time that you have been waiting for a CE table

Shit son I did that already I just wanna god mode though and have some fun remaking my invaders.

whatever fits my fashion

mega.nz/#!DZswmY6a!llvcxQ95V6UW5zCN5CNdlwbUSy6vYq99vr46htpsxUs

Thank you.

Why would you use anything besides cestus? Obviously, any 100% phys shield would do the job for block-parrying straight sword/estoc spam, but generally it won't save you from decent player with tryhard twinswords.

IMAGINE
Armor dyes
All slotted weapons visible
Sin and blue invasions
Getting invaded being impactful
Covenants not being copypasted
WAs that are actually unique and useful
Fanmade souls when?

>All slotted weapons visible
Seems like they planned to do this but then they dropped it at the last second, you can see the player's other weapons on his back in some of the leaked screenshots

>Fanmade souls when?
I keep telling myself I should finally bother to get into gamedev to do exactly this but I still haven't

>armor dyes
trash
>sin
never did much anyways
>WAs that are actually unique and useful
Not all weapons need a unique WA, and a handful still do. WAs are plenty useful if you have a head to use it with.

rare boss drops
(very) rare encounters with npcs, enemies, etc
more anime hairstyles
more solare references

Iirc those screenshots showed back-strapped dual ss.
>I keep telling myself I should finally bother to get into gamedev to do exactly this but I still haven't
That makes us two. But how do we start?

>All slotted weapons visible
Still mad this isn't a thing yet.

>ALL slotted weapons visible
lmao 12kat

Grab Unity or UE4, learn to program, learn to model, texture, animate or find minions to do all the artsy shit for you

I'm on a flynn build so I'm basically married to the ceastus for it's 0.5 weight

lmao 6havels shields

become

invinsible

>not lmao12gshield

What weapons do you hope to see in the new dlc?

BONE

FIST

more.fist.weapons

Jesus christ Elana is SO GOD DAMN BAD.
Why the fuck would you make a boss summon another boss? Why? Who the fuck thought that would be a good idea?

To encourage coop/using a summon

They really wanted to encourage people to play together in the DLCs

Just repeat the boss until she summons pigs or skeletons, velstadt was her first summon during 3 fights. I hate her too

Ah, so that's why the NPC summons for this are some fuck with dual ceastus that does a whole 20 damage per hit, and Benhart. Of course.

Even the skeletons are shitty. It only takes one stray hit at the wrong time to eat one of her attacks, and they all hurt.
Teleporting, infinite adds, weird hitboxes, spellspam, attacks with almost no tell, attacks with WAY to good tracking, attacks that can hit you from anywhere, even the closest bonfire is fucking impossible to find unless you already know it's there. They seriously took all the worst boss traits in Souls and stuck them on this one bitch.

>implying they won't still be shit

In the tournament are we allowed to switch weapons as we like during the match?

>Mother Rosaria is hailed a goddess
>merciful mother of the forlorn, with no home to call their own (in the cotd)
>leader of the invasion covenant
Could she be the statue of the painted worlds and new londo?
>long slick black hair with strands of white

Also where's the "Rosaria, Mother of Unbirth" r34?

Are we having a tournament?

Of course a sword is going to be better than any fist weapons, i want them because they were fun to use