/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Chosen people of the Wiccan Gods edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Taleworlds will be at E3 2017:
e3expo.com/show-info/3198/e3-2017-participating-companies/

Gamescom Siege video:
youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg
youtube.com/watch?v=6rq-fEc1N0I

Interviews with Armagan at Gamescom '16:
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcBAGtXvpk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/jQkxqA0T

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

>OFFICIAL PoP Lorebook
mediafire.com/file/p29dy73cftd197j/Prophesy_of_Pendor_The_Complete_Lore_(regular_edition).pdf
mediafire.com/file/3ffn0odaaqfgq4q/Prophesy_of_Pendor_The_Complete_Lore_(alternate_edition).pdf

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X3k8y88P9iw
youtube.com/watch?v=CiRzw7mlEzE
youtube.com/watch?v=ciL7OKWSu10
youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for harvesting season.

First for DEEPEST LORE

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

Ever tried Tiger Knight: Empire War? It's like mount and blade and it's set in china I think so close enough

I'm posting Cow Cow until we get a good Fallout Universe mod.

>fallout 4
Lmao what a fucking scam.

Oh I agree it was just the cutest brahmin pic I saw offhand with a duckduckgo image search.

ded

9th of march when?

>Fallout Universe mod
How would that even work? Can't really apply the mountain blade format of large conflicts in open environments to Fallout on account of most of humanity being wiped out. Its not really good at doing guns either, or exploration, or non-human enemies, or role playing.

If anything I'd much rather get an elder scrolls mod. More thematically appropriate and even has the potential to be better than the actual games themselves as Bethesda hack writers keep struggling to create large epic battles and world changing events with an engine that can only support 4 characters at a time on a screen before shitting itself. You'd even get to have spears.

Well, if I was a typical M&B modder, I would probably focus a Fallout Universe mod around New Vegas so you can have Mr. House, NCR, Caesar's Legion, Brotherhood of Steel, Boomers, and Great Khans as factions. And then butcher the factions completely and barely change any of the dialogue in game so it's just native with a new skin, like a lot of shit mods.

>doesn't make mods
>criticizing modders
umm can you not

Try and stop me.

>Its not really good at doing guns either, or exploration, ...or role playing.
Someone never played 1866 apparently.
>mountain blade format of large conflicts in open environments
Scale down parties, small fights are still fun as fuck in M&B (arguably more fun than big battles).

The main issue is the variety of ranged weapon types and the different ammo types, would be hard to implement; and non-humanoid creatures could be difficult (things like Deathclaw would be easy though, basically just a Baby Rancor from Star Wars Conquest)

>If anything I'd much rather get an elder scrolls mod
There is an Elder Scrolls mod in the works already. Although it won't be released until after Bannerlord.

Harsh, but you're not wrong.

>There is an Elder Scrolls mod in the works already. Although it won't be released until after Bannerlord.
didn't it get cancelled

My brother works at steam and he says you are going to be BANNED

it's cool we're getting a whole hour of footage but now we already know all the new stuff from the leak

>Clubbed musket.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=X3k8y88P9iw

You should really do this to Caribbean!

alt modes for guns? problem is the item order

they released source you know

yeah i'd have to look into it more too

>doesn't commit crimes
>criticizing criminals

I like the way you're thinking ese

I tried to go for the bandito route but I found my pistoleros were getting slaughter by anyone with a rifle.

Even it the wild west a good line of muskets/rifles seems the best option.

Yeah the "lawmen" and bandit-gang troops are pretty shitty. Osage scout mercenaries are the best bang for the buck I think, they are cheap but decent for their price.

Oh maybe. I think Elder Scrolls is worse than Fallout in that regard though, as all the Elder Scroll games are about some hero doing something to save the day. They have "lore" and shit about armies and movement but the games never depict anything close to that scale.

One of the other things about Fallout I was thinking of with M&B, was how the old games had the overworld -> individual scenes type of format, which you don't see with 3d games anymore, except M&B. Although I don't think it's that feasible either, I was mainly just wanting to play off the Cao Cao meme with a cute brahmin pic.

If the bandits weren't the same level as the other troops it would help even it out.

For the same price and EXP a Mexican or American soldier is so much better.

made me think of this

youtube.com/watch?v=CiRzw7mlEzE

Paradigm Worlds?

After (if) they release bannerlord, will it take them another lifetime to release modding tools? Is there any information on modding in the "leak"?

I think they said ages ago that the modding tools will be released with the game.

Post ya kniggas

What's the difference between Dickplomacy and Diplomacy?

I'm pretty sure there is a readme in dickplomacy that lists changes

dickplomacy has a custom banner creator and formation AI and a number of other nice things
also rape and sodomy which is optional

Sounds good.

Dickplomacy is a newer stable version, has improved world map models, new town scenes, new siege scenes, better tournament rewards, camp scenes, new parties on the world map, couple new character background options, and is just generally the most feature complete, cleanest Native+ mod.

Don't forget it is also the comfiest mod

BANNERLORD WHEN
REEEEEEEERERERERERERERE BRAAAAAAP REEEEEEEEEEEEe

Would anyone happen to have the gekonewer troops trees?

Particularly looking for the nanban one and who gets what hero units.

readme

Might've left the "read the fucking pastebin" mention for old mods. In case people look for the fotm.
Not there wasn't a fotm in a good while.

Thank ya kindly.

Be sure to spread His word to those filthy heathens.

bannlord guys......... come on

Rate my knigga

fag helmet

-poor as shoes
-gloves look like shit
-mohawk
-doesn't even have any weapons
you ain't no real knigga

Say that to my face peasant.

SMALL LOL

are you american?

Is that a falchion?

take of that fag helmet so I can call you a fag to your face

>not using a falchion in Rus 13th century

How good is Rus? Does it have any new and fresh features other than new map and factions?

It has a ton of features, most notably being item health. Shit breaks fast, and even armor will get worn down and you need to go to towns to get it repaired.

However the mod is unfinished, and never will be finished.

Chink shill out

looks like a public masturbator

>guide says to leave some skills to companions
>doesn't tell where to get companions
oh well

I was playing M&B the other day and noticed something that I thought was off.

Is there meant to be a menu asking if you want to have sexism on/off when you create a female character? I swear I remember there being a menu saying something along the lines of 'do you want to have it be somewhat realistic in how lords might treat you or would you rather not', but maybe I'm just wrong?

I played for a little while but have not had any lords so far say anything aside from 'you look like a decent enough sort' or something along those lines. I kind of wanted to try dueling a lord for giving me insult.

Can their reactions change depending on your reputation upon meeting them? Like, if you're a mercenary for the Rhodoks, for instance, the rep for the faction goes up, does that rep alter how their initial interaction with you will go, or should them saying something a little snide happen regardless?

the sexism dialogue is part of diplomacy

only certain lords will say something to you

Is it random?

Also, is there no menu to ask if you want to turn that on/off?

Frank posted this on twitter
I think I'm in love with him

In normal unmodded game you cant turn it off, in diplomacy you can toggle it in diplomacys settings after creation if you want.
Its based on the lords personality type, which gets assigned to each lord randomly at the start of the game.

>thinks

fuck off ginge, seeing a screenshot every once in a while would not confuse us, you know jackshit about anything

I'm confused, what does it mean?

Can I change my banner in dickplomacy?
I chose the wrong colour in my custom banner

Cool, thanks for the answers, user.

sucks to be you

yeah.

i think you go to camp, diplomacy options, enable cheat mode, then go to take an action(i think) and then modify banner

I love you user

>eh eh eh
he really lurks here on daily basis, doesn't he?

>This Ginger has already breached our defenses... You've seen what he's done to our anons! And worst of all, he could be any one of us... He could be in this very thread! He could be you! He could be me! He could even be-

Your mother *throws butter on the table*

youtube.com/watch?v=ciL7OKWSu10

Right Behind You so good

eh eh eh just 25 more days

I want to edit costumes5 and the file seems to be fine when I see it from OpenBRF, but when I open it to edit it it almost nothing but a transparency layer.

Explain this.

page 10 losers

>In game day 2500
>Finally eliminate all other tribes
What a grind

looks baller. what mod?

How do you get the multiplayer achieves in this game? I feel like i cant do shit, its so hard.

I'd fuck that saint

make sure cheats are off, first of all.
most of them just come about by chance as you play

youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs

LONG MAY HE REIGN

you can host a server and do them by yourself if you really want to get them

host a server and do it against bots

I unironically like Paradigm Worlds. I'm really looking forward to the new update with a new map and 2 new factions.

Here is my knigga wearing the legendary Helmet (African). As a result, he Kangz.

TLD for bannerlord WHEN

After Bannerlord comes out.

theyre already making it