/ceg/ Conan Exiles General

Ded thread edition

>Official Links
Website - conanexiles.com/
Steam Store - store.steampowered.com/app/440900/

>What is Conan Exiles?
Conan Exiles is a survival game made by the devs of Age of Conan, and it's currently on the Early Access fun ride.

>Unofficial Premium Veeky Forums Servers

PvP server 3x harvest/kill xp 10x crafting/gathering xp: 167.114.119.176:39615
(Veeky Forums comfy server)
PvP Server Launched Friday2/24 2x/2x Fulltime Admin: 208.167.235.71:24000 or 24001

>Official Veeky Forums server
Officlal PvP #185 vanilla rates

>Server not showing in the list?
Go to your Properties for Conan Exiles on Steam, and open the Launch Options, then type in : +connect

>Helpful hint of the day
Skin color determines the color of your pubic hair!

>Discord:
discord.gg/wJGbGde

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/cegeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

gamespot.com/articles/conan-exiles-devs-detail-future-plans-and-reveal-c/1100-6448438/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b
youtube.com/watch?v=XoVT_I6iGlg
imgur.com/r/ConanExiles/hKvl6
imgur.com/r/ConanExiles/VgIlo
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=869831291
youtu.be/ay-s-YPPmiw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pls post

this game needed more ruins and ancient dungeons and thongs

I wonder if we really did jump the shark on this game or it was just the Veeky Forums-brand autism that killed our specific club

game has no content, not that a majority of you have even reached it. most of you only experienced the blunt end of a yog tentacle upside your heads.

that said once exploration is over the game is a tedious grind to 50, which you can do with two popular methods assuming they aren't monopolized, and they can be monopolized by very small groups of people. spider cave and relic hunter city grind. that's it. two places in the entire game for exping. everywhere else is just less exp, longer time investment, to get to the same place, which is 50. what do you do at 50? assuming your base is secure the only things left to do is

>slave
>build
>farm gods

the latter of which can be denied or controlled by a single entity. clearly unintended, but that's the case currently. most of Veeky Forums seems to be of the opinion avatars are only something that we as a collective should visit upon the "normies." otherwise they're completely unfair and unbalanced when used against each other, mostly because of the 60ish something people that actually played this game.in this general, two were capable of god summoning.

well you're completely right, but you've still somehow managed to take the piss out of the game even more with your explanation

guess it's time to fuck off and wait for a decent content patch

the last pvp-heavy multiplayer survival game I played was the original Arma DayZ alpha mod (unless you count minecraft).
I poked my head in on twitch to see what all the fuss was about, only because I am a fan of Conan.

So far this doesn't look any better than a several year old alpha mod that never got finished.

Explain the appeal to me, please.
Tell me if you think this game will turn out good when it is finished.
Explain to me why anyone would want to pay for this game in such a primitive stage of development.
Does this game have any chance of being good?
What has it got over competitors like Ark?

>Explain the appeal to me, please.
tiddies
>Tell me if you think this game will turn out good when it is finished.
ye
>Explain to me why anyone would want to pay for this game in such a primitive stage of development.
butts
>Does this game have any chance of being good?
ye
>What has it got over competitors like Ark?
tiddies

They need to add in physique scale and fix small tits.

>tfw minecraft is more alive than this game

And no fuckin' future shit like guns, to boot.

>no fuckin' future
this game has plenty of that

Just got fucked over by some normie cucks who made a deal then stomped all over it like assholes and I want to pay you $$$ or Steam stuffs to smash both their bases.

If you're willing to grind to 50 (or have a 50 on that server) and want to make some quick cash hit me up. Jammku At Youtube is my Steam name.

comfiest game of all fucking time

also low fantasy is the tits

khitan a best

define comfy.

I love low fantasy, pulp fantasy and sword+sorcery stuff, which is why I poked my head in. But the game itself has to be good.

not him but once you build something you can call home which is away from the dangers and darkness of outside it gets comfy

then you can populate your estate with slaves and add workbenches, torches. the possibilities are many but it's hard to actually build good looking buildings. then there's mounts (horses, camels) coming

>mounts (horses, camels)
Why do ponyfuckers have to insert themselves into survival and sandbox games.

The only mountables I want are the slaves.

what a joker you are!

Gave me a sensible chuckle. Well done.

Damn, I've been playing 185 since they came back up. What's the vg clan name? I've seen one big group of max geared folks calied Kangz.

Also, any good guide for stat building yet?

It's been out for like no time. You people expect it to be already done by like, tomorrow or something.

actually, that was my point.
It looks so early in development I don't understand why people are playing it so much.

there IS plenty of stuff in the game. idk if rust or ark had much when they were released

I played for 10 hours the day before yesterday, and then another 8 yesterday. I see a shitload of potential and it's super fun exploring this setting and building. I had to start over due to a bug, and in most games that'd turn me off a decent amount, but not in this. It's just really fun to gather and explore and if you love the setting, it's even better. I'm super hyped for upcoming content, it's an early access game by an already successful and large company. It's pretty safe to say it's gonna be completed how they plan it to.

Speaking of upcoming content:
gamespot.com/articles/conan-exiles-devs-detail-future-plans-and-reveal-c/1100-6448438/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

Mounts, siege weapons, armies rampaging through the map, sorcery (specifically mentioning necromancy!), and other good stuff.

holy fuck that dungeon gave me the chills

This desu even with the low amount of content I keep finding new npc camps and small caves and dungeons all around.
Together with player made scenarios its pretty nice.
For example I build my fort on a cliff just like everyone however there is a high level clan next to me that wanted to make use of my stairs so I connected their cliff with my stairs somewhere in the middle and in return tey made a fountain for so that I hve water close by.
Also we have a bandit clan who keep robbing/killing people.

That sounds really good desu.
I was just thinking the other day how nice it would be if nocs would be more dangerous like that.

the map is less empty than afghanistan and africa combined in mgsv lol

More real dungeons are needed though.
I mean ones with traps amd puzzles not only mobs.

those purge armies better have some climbing gear or it's gonna be amusing watching all those shitter npcs do nothing but wipe newbs on ground level

They will probably use siege weapons.
Even if they don't kill you they can bombard the shit out of your fort that way.

Christ, I'm trying to picture AI setting up trebuchets. Given how the archers are their aiming and use of counterweights would probably be Dante Must Die mode

Archers are pretty accurate now though.

That's what I'm saying - Archers are fucking accurate and you gotta move while engaging them.

Translate that to the trebuchets which are going to fire at stationary targets; namely, your base. A player will have to sit there and figure out the counterweights by firing and adding/removing stone as appropriate. Put it in the hands of AI and that's why I said it'd be Dante Must Die.

Hey comfy admin, will you enable building damage when the purge armies are added? I think it might actually be pretty fun. Or is there a way to just enable it for NPCs to damage?

i can already imagine the mods enabling purges every day and arming yourself with god-tier gear in le death match type scenario

2x down?

That sounds pretty hard to fight yeah.

the new dev blog post is fucking amazing

Look at the new content thats being added in 2017, its fantastic

tl;dr mounts, raise a personal army and build cities, necromancy, new biomes, trebuchets and rotting corpses and THE PURGE

Care to giv a link to a poor sinner ?

Oh yeah, for sure. I think it'll serve as a means to remove shitshacks that people leave behind.

I can't wait to autistically direct all my thralls into going about their daily lives.

I mean that sincerely.

is the fucking 2x server still down

then some guy shits on them with a god

how do i connect to comfy? It says I'm missing mods?

it says what you need in the error box

i can't read all of it and now it jsut says failed to authenticate. is there a full list, and where I can download it?

then clearly you need the mods. It should tell you what mods and what order they are on the server (boob jiggle, shaved/oiled, then armorloot)

You need Shaved and Oiled, a loot mod, and Breast Physics. That's all.

ayy thanks fags

Yeah, always happy to help a new comfy player.

youtube.com/watch?v=XoVT_I6iGlg

GET HYPE

not only that but the vg group was mostly made up of casuals who just wanted to build stuff and didnt care about min/maxing to lvl 50 in 48 hrs or summoning a god in 24 hours.
different players wanting different things was the reason the first 2 servers did reallly work. Now the playerbase is divided into the servers they actually want to play on.

Set City Thrall Hunting:
imgur.com/r/ConanExiles/hKvl6
imgur.com/r/ConanExiles/VgIlo

>tfw almost 100 hours in game and still have never even seen this place

When are we going back to Ark and gonna stop making generals for this dead game?

>back to

It's in the north west part of the map

>tfw you wanna play on comfy but all your shit is packed up and on its way to Delaware and you can't even post a decent image because you're on a phone

when ark makes bouncy tiddies

When will you be back, Trug?

Does comfy have the new armorloot update that dropped an hour ago?

I don't think so, we need to wait for the admin to update it for the server.

Hopefully sometime around the middle of this month. I can't get internet until I actually close on this house.

I'm going to restart the server in 15 minutes to get the update.

What does it add? New armor?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=869831291

Now with more armor variants! And wigs!

Restarting now.

oh shit son.

Fuckin' Sorcery when.

I want to make a mountain-pass castle and stuff it full of skeletons and summoned demons.

Damn I'm excited to get back on. Was the dancer outfit nerfed? I can't tell by how the description is formatted.

You'll have to ask someone else, I'll be administrating via phone for the next week or so.

Wow I knew you'd be gone but I didn't realize it'd be that long.

where 2x serber?

What are your thoughts on having events?

I get to my new place on the 13th, then however long it takes to have internet service installed, that's what I'm looking at

Events like what? One night when I was drunk, I thought about building a tier 3 coliseum and teleporting random players in to fight black rhinos for a chance at riches.

But I'm not that much of a cocksucker.

I finally found this guy.

I had a similar idea for a coliseum but rather than make us fight black rhinos which are nearly impossible to kill without cheesing the game, something like either a 1v1 tournament or a battle royal.

For monster, it could be say a round 1: fight a dozen hyenas, round 2: fight a dozen rocknoses, etc.

Or perhaps a Maze/Obstacle Course challenge.

don't know

its been down all day

Well, I don't see myself cancelling Comfy anytime soon, so if more content rolls out and the community comes back, that's something I'd be willing to do.

BUT CAN THEY DELIVER?

youtu.be/ay-s-YPPmiw

I've been considering building an arena somewhere in the norther area. Possibly somewhere near the undead pit, I could totally build one if people want one. It'd probably take a while though depending on what building tier it would be.

Oh and hail the great serpent.

What's the best location to build at?

south/east side of set city has the most iron nodes in close proximity in the game

relatively close to brimstone as well, and some of the best thralls.

most people settle around the oasis.

Comfy players:

>Wednesday March 8th at 10AM Pacific Standard Time - you will see a Staff Intervention Lock on your game server. This could last up to 6 hours as it takes us time to move things over.

They're doing a hardware upgrade. Try not to be on around that time.

>going back to ark
i'll always prefer this ded gaem to the sheer minecraft-tier autism that is ark

modded minecraft is the shit dawg. ark doesn't even come close.

modded minecraft is a kind of satisfying autism because most mods add a fuckton of progression and upgrades, frequently with some original thematic elements or established goals to go along with it

ark, no matter how you mod it, is an absolute assburgerfest that never ends because the disparity between the players that came earlier and the players that came more recently is such that you can never, EVER get to a point where you're reasonably "safe" because the local megaclan will rape your shit while you're offline

one is a pleasant grind with nice progression and tone in cubist wonderland/hell, and the other is like a needy girlfriend that will set all of your shit on fire if you don't give her the requisite attention, and will eventually burn your shit just because

Ayy I went back to Minecraft because of Conan exiles. I've been making mobs in the mob editor mod for two weeks. With this and a shield mod it's great. When you also add the witchery mod it's 9/10 even combat becomes fun.

You really want to get beheaded by some burly guy with a sword don't you?

They delivered a somewhat on-par MMO. That takes a lot of money and dedication, even to make one that wasn't great; Exiles is going to take a fraction of the effort it took to make an MMO, even with all the shit they have planned.

i hope wizard dicks can be powdered for potent effects

Mmo's are dead anyway maybe exiles will become the conan game funcom wanted to make.

it's a shame rain doesn't belong on our current only map

it could be really comfy to stay inside when it rains

All Exiles needs is npc towns where you can trade npcs for shit and maybe take up hunting quests. Hopefully they make boss monsters fight more like in Monster Hunter. But western devs are complete shit at making good combat and bosses so that will never happen.

>pick up a rock while in town
YOU HAVE VIOLATED THE LAW

update

the admin of the 2x server has given into his autism, and let the sub run out

he's pissed because the server maxxed out at like 10 people

how much is a fucking server this is stupid

get fucked funbutton