/mcg/ - Minecraft General

Damsel in distress edition

Previous thread:

We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/uNUdP2aq
github.com/squeek502/ASMHelper/pull/13
github.com/TheCBProject/CodeChickenLib/pull/45
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for THAT'S NOT THE LAST THREAD

True, my bad. I just panicked because the old thread died

For some reason I've just been really wanting to create my own secluded little nature grove hidden deep in a witchery grown forest.

Now I have to craft 8 of these things. By the looks of it, it's going to take much longer to craft than the portal rift.

>Mojang broke TNT cannons forever to fix another bug they introduced when fixing another big

Jesus fucking christ, those apes can't do anything right.

TNT cannons are part of some of the best multiplayer maps ever created, like the pirate ships.

>multimc cant download the stumpserb file
dammmit

>8 of these things
That'll be a waste, they're used to just "pick up" ender crystals, like a Dolly would pick a barrel. They aren't used up in the process
Put Warp Glasses between at your base and near End portal and just make 8 trips

>I don't really use either though, I play trainserb2.
I know that feel. I still play the hoboserb pack in a singleplayer world.

>browsing curse mods
>mod that turns ingots into dust
>four dust = one dust block
>one dust block = one iron block
>one iron block = 9 dust (2 blocks)
good job, no dupe here at all

exbl, highlands, biomes o plenty, realistic terrain gen, alternate terrain gen, streams...there's just too many of them

Q: My (stupid) buddy built his modpack in Curse. If I just make sure I have all the same jars and configs and shit, theres no reason i cant load his modpack in forge without curse right?

Shit, I need help. Someone recommended me mods to make Minecraft more Diablo like with random monsters/bosses/dungeons/item drops but I never saved it.

I only remember a few like Better AI, Dangerous Dungeons(?)

Zombie Awareness
Grimoire of Gaia
Lycanite Mobs
Doomlike Dungeons
Recurrent Complex
probably missing a few

>killing Erebus bosses makes all monsters faster and stronger
>everywhere, not only in that dimension
Neat. Dropped. The mod seemed so interesting at first, too.

>killing Erebus bosses makes all monsters faster and stronger
Wat
I don't remember anything like that in Erebus. Have you checked configs?

Dismemberment mod, maybe? What's a good diablo game without cool, spooky and dark gory effects?
Diablo 3

pls halp

Yep

I mean some of these are the same mods I remember, but it also had something like random item drops, super aggresive mobs, etc.

Ill probably kick out JEI, but does anyone know what causes this error?
pastebin.com/uNUdP2aq

>NEI 1.8+ requires JEI
fuck

net.silentchaos512.gems has poor/incomplete JEI support.

The problem is, it worked before.
Now I added some mods and it breaks.
Well shame, time to kick out silentgems

>world generation took 15 minutes to get 57%
>java runs out of memory
wew

Looking for some lite mods, particularly things that just spice up niche stuff such as backpacks, adding more dungeons / places to explore, etc.
No mods that adds whole new tech trees such as industrial, thaumcraft, Tinkerer's etc.

If Java starts acting irregularly slow (major spikes of non-responsiveness), that's almost always a good sign to bump the memory amount up.

is there a limit to how much I can allocate?

>connect Advanced Rocketry cable to TE machine
>world explodes
Well then.

Your memory. Minecraft will use about 1GB more than you allocate for reasons which are not yet clear to anyone (about 1/3rd of that should be the JIT cache + class cache + ..., but where does the rest come from?).

oldfriend (2012-2013) reporting in, i've already read the oldfriend FAQ.
what are the best A E S T H E T I C S mods for minecraft? i want to get my autism on.
wallpaper attached for payment.

Noice build. Where are the lamps and machines from?

>lamps
IE
>machines
Mix of custom blocks from my tex pack and IE engineering blocks. Purely aesthetic. just getting my warehouse game on.

Is it possible to have many jobs+trade on customnpcs? I'm trying to make one of the traders give the player a quest, but no success so far.

Just have a trader helper / apprentice / something next to the trader that can give you the quest

I guess Fruit Phone isn't all that useful on 1.7.10, all it does is provide a blue box for WAILA's info while showing you the content of inventories and tanks, possibly because that version doesn't have this capability thing which I don't know much about anyway. It's still good to see mods getting backported to 1.7.10 though.

Thaumcraft newbie here. Is there a way to transfer the vis in my magic wand to essentia?

thats not the same thing, they arent interchangeable

you get vis from nodes

essentia from materials

>not linking the new thread in the old

fucking kill yourself

How do I set up an alchemy room in TC so that I can just connect every single jar to a stack of alembics and it'll automatically go to the right place instead of getting "trapped" and venting out?

By using a golem

Get ready to microcraft, because you're gonna want a fuckton of buffers and tubes

Can't believe I completely forgot about that

Thaumic Energistics

former for earlygame, decanting golem is cheap as fuck
latter for lategame

Is Node in a Jar useful at all?

yes

no

Should I move up to 1.10 from 1.7.10?

fuck no

the old thread died before the new one was made

Oh, I only need to craft one? That's good to know, that'll save me alot of resources.

is it easier to make a node or jar it?

i currently have to travel a few thousand blocks just to recharge my wand.

Weird, I can find nodes everywhere with my Goggles.

Could jar a node, move it closer, then get other nodes to enhance it. Then energize it so that you can charge a want in a crafting table.

If you are expecting Thaumcraft for 1.10.2, just no.

>thaumcraft
I only play with techmods or stuff that isnt pure magic memes.

Here we go again.

I'm not saying pure magic mods are bad, desu. I see why people would like them, just not my cup of tea.

The last addition to the modded 1.10.2 is the port of CoFH mods, I think I should try it.

Good thing because Thaumcraft is pretty much a tech mod

this

gif sums up what this is

depends what version you play. Chisel&Bits is probably the best assthicc mod out there but its on versions that are hideously poor performing with mods.
For 1.7 you've got Carpenter Blocks, Chisel and Bibliocraft as pretty solid hits for anyone.
Immersive Engineering adds some cool looking machines and wires.

What's the word on the newest version of Thaumcraft?

its shit

And it's still locked behind a paywall. I really wish Mojang would C&D the fuck out of Azanor to send a message.

Good news erryone. The castle is now more furryendly

Reminds me of the Archie comics fiasco with Ken Penders and that other faggot recently.

>recently
Oh god, what did that retard do this time?

IIRC he actually won a court case and Archie had to back off.

It's another guy wanting royalties for his OC donuts in reprints, I think. Either way, this could be the end of the comic, and the underage faggots at /sthg/ are shitting themselves to death. Archie is too incompetent to do anything right, so I hope they axe the comic and be done with it. If Mania and 2017 turn out to be good, they can use that as a basis for whatever else they wanna do in the future

tl;dr irrelevant bullshit and nothing of value could be lost. Now help me improve this fishing hut.

I guess I need a texture that doesn't look like a guy in a suit.

jesus user, thats rather bland for a hut...
you obviously have mods installed, whats the
problem?

>Archie is too incompetent to do anything right
I feel like that's an understatement.
>Now help me improve this fishing hut.
Don't use cobble up the sides or as door trim.

Make that pond bigger, muh ningen.

ded

re did the main 2 buildings

Looks like an F2 is heading towards this direction. So far, I haven't really seen it get any bigger than that during my playthrough.

And it looks like it turned around.

what texturepack?

It's so uncomfortably sterile that it loops back around into being comfy
I like it

Is this one better?

Pixel perfection, chisel and my own.

getting there yes
reworking the erea as we have 500k marble adn other stuff to upgrade with, adding ponds etc
>speaking of ponds
i,ll see if i can do a decent pond.

github.com/squeek502/ASMHelper/pull/13
github.com/TheCBProject/CodeChickenLib/pull/45

Load time optimizations in ASM transformers, hooray!

no more tree i guess

Changed the colors a little, less sharp and more mellow tones.

Also added some matching gates.

Think that's the last I might do, don't quite want to end up bloating it into another natura.

Shit, and no-one has taken the plunge yet huh?

what are you doing? alternative hay blocks?

Added an easy recipe for podzol so you can get that nice little hut feeling.

Sort of.

Adding some early game building materials.

Breaking leaves and grass drops some extra greens you can use to build say a bed or a hut, without having to hunt down things like iron to make shears for the same effect.

oh, neat

Redpill me on biomes similar to this.

Have you ever set up a base in one? Did you like it?