/hg/ - Halo General

Implying edition

>Halo Wars 2 is now available in stores
- A new campaign showcasing the fate of the Spirit of Fire crew following the events of the first game
- Competitive multiplayer with new units, leaders, and abilities
- A brand new "Blitz" multiplayer card game mode
- Features the "Play Anywhere" program, syncing game progress and stats between Xbox One and Windows 10
- 60 achievements for 1000 gamerscore

>Important Halo Links, Notes etc. (WIP)
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/patch-party

>Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

>PC Section
coming soon™

previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7ql98m6AKZ0
youtu.be/6qfx9eoB-88
youtube.com/watch?v=icKF89eCac8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This thread won't last the night.

Is this official art?

Cawfee

Every single frame in that collage makes me laugh

We won't last the night.

We'll make it

Not with that attitude
Daily dose of rage
youtu.be/7ql98m6AKZ0
youtu.be/6qfx9eoB-88

Halo 3 4 and 5 for PC when

fucking posted in the old thread

Reminder that Lupend posted a pic of him and his sister naked in bed together

>Brian Reed gone

Everything is right with the world

>Tobias S Buckell writing another Halo book
>Reed gone
>Superior Spider-man guy replaces Reed
Is Halo saved?

>Superior Spider-man guy replaces Reed
Thankfully, this is a complete lie

Nah

JUST LET IT DIE

I swear I saw Dan Slott's name connected to Halo somewhere. Is this not true?

But who's the replacement?

No clue, but i'm just confident that whoever replaces him can write a better story, even by a little

Slott

JUST
LET
IT
DIE

I'd love having 3 on the PC

So I played a 1v1 deathmatch game where I ended up trapped at my home base and my opponent started sending waves of condors at me.

>Forgelets think they can break me

He quit after 80 minutes.

Why?

Endurance matches like that are pretty funny

>PC
Get out. This is Xbone General.

But they both run Windows 10

I SAID GET OUT

Is the French word for "aggressor" really the closest thing they have for "fucker"?
There is no way to be more specific?

What'd you expect from cheese eating surrender monkey language?

Probably the best thing about English is how specific you can phrase your wording.
Most languages can't even come close

>deadstiny

Destiny might be pretty underwhelming, but it's far from dead.

Unfortunately

What is the draw for Destiny?
What's appealing about it that keeps bringing people back?

The gunplay is very consistently well done. The raids are tedious but because the game forces you to make friends, you end up establishing small communities of people in ways no other game really does.

>Dan Slott
>good
Fuck that guy with his shitty self-inserts.

They should hire DC's Scott Snyder

Lorefags pls explain.

He was wrong.
Kind of a shitty explanation, but it's the only one that makes sense.

I actually really like when the villain says they're invulnerable to something and just ends up being wrong/lying.

That's now how it came off in the comic, though, they didn't actually clarify anything, they most likely fucking forgot.

So, another retcon then, got it.

Yeah they probably forgot all about that quote most likely. Which then begs the question, what exactly did his transformation do? It didn't make him immune to flood infection, and it didn't make him immune to composition.

So he's gone, right?
Just so I'm clear.

>So he's gone, right?
>Just so I'm clear.
He's gone.
I know Chief words it in a way that leaves him in a status where he theoretically could return if they wanted to use him again but for all intents and purposes he's probably not coming back.

It seems pretty clear to me based on the way they had him go down in Halo 4 as well as what the documentaries said about what was then known as "the ancient evil" that he was supposed to be somewhat of a reoccurring antagonist, but they scrapped that idea, likely due to negative feedback.

It's possible that he was supposed to be what Warden is but they instead decided to just ignore Didact and make a less pivotal character to do Cortana's bidding but still be leader of the prometheans.

I'd say so, yeah.
Kind of a shame really. I mean yeah he was edgy/10 but at he was at least more interesting than Britbong Eternal.

>tfw no main line Halo has been released on PC in over 9 years
>what we did get was a butchered Halo 5

IT'S NOT FAIR

Halo 5 Forge has all the good shit in 5 and none of the bad shit.
Blame Microsoft, Windows 10, and the windows store for gimping the popularity.

The intent was to be immune to flood. He just fucked himself in reality.
He's in the Domain. He cant have a body AFAIK with CortAna and Warden running the show but his consciousness exists.

>Halo: Combat Evolved
1. Covenant
2. Covenant
3. Covenant
4. Covenant
5. Covenant
6. Covenant/Flood
7. Flood
8. Sentinals/Covenant/Flood
9. Flood/Covenant
10. Flood/Covenant/Sentinals

>Halo 2
1. Covenant
2. Covenant
3. Covenant (heretics)/Flood
4. Covenant
5. Sentinals/Flood
6. Covenant/Covenant (B faction)/Covenant (E faction)
7. Covenant (B faction)
8. Flood/Covenant (B faction)/ Covenant (E faction)
9. Covenant (B faction)

>Halo 3
1. Covenant
2. Covenant
3. Covenant
4. Covenant
5. Flood
6. Covenant
7. Covenant/Flood
8. Flood
9. Flood/Sentinals

>Halo 4
1. Covenant
2. Covenant
3. Prometheans/Covenant
4. Prometheans/Covenant
5. Covenant/Prometheans
6. Covenant/Prometheans
7. Covenant
8. Prometheans

>Halo 5: Guardians
1. Covenant/Prometheans
2. Covenant
3. Prometheans
4. Covenant/Prometheans
5. Covenant/Prometheans
6. Covenant/Prometheans
7. Covenant/Prometheans
8. Prometheans
9. Covenant/Prometheans

I'm torn because on one hand I like games that end throwing you against everything the game has taught you to fight like a final exam of sorts (CE, 5) but on the other hand I like the idea of the covies being the starter enemy and the main antagonists getting the final boss spot (3, 4).

The only one I don't like for final enemies is 2. Just having Brutes, Jackals, and Buggers feels a bit anticlimactic to me, especially compared to the previous level where the flood are taking over high charity.

You made one mistake.
I wonder if anyone else can spot it.

Why are there no prometheans on the composer level?
Like, the didact is there leading the charge in the giant metapod. Where are his troops?

Found it.

There's sentinals in Halo 2, mission 3.

Oh shit you're right!
Good eye

>Halo: Reach
1. Covenant
2. Covenant
3. Guta/Covenant
4. Covenant
5. Covenant
6. Covenant
7. Covenant
8. Covenant
9. Covenant
10. Covenant

>Guta
Kek. Seriously what was the fucking point?

>implying the Moa aren't working with the Covenant

>he's in the domain
He is? Is that where the "soul" goes when you get composed? I thought it went to this place. The "whole"

>That one, single, fully exposed boob

One of them also has a baby

Has there been a source for this? I want to believe.

His position is open

>yfw his position is open because he got promoted to franchise director

>Halo 5 Forge has all the good shit in 5 and none of the bad shit
>none of the bad shit

It has the gameplay.

>trying to get par time on The Ark
>run by the first group of Brutes
>Truth hologram giving a speech
>"My Dreadnought cannot rise."

No other console game* Destiny is just baby's first MMO for console kids.

Exactly, that's why it's so good.

Any advice for the CE speedrun achievement? I'm gonna try to 100% TMCC after i'm done with HW:DE/HW2.

Don't die

Look up a speedrunner you can tolerate on Youtube. I thought Nak3d Eli was OK before he quit. It's fucking hilarious how easily you can break the games sometimes.

You're going to have to replay the levels a few times over to get it. You can do it.
Also, don't fall for the speedrunner meme. They play the games in ways that can't be exactly emulated on demand.

Avoid the switch.
Whatever the cost, don't get one.

Take your time. Learn the levels and become proficient.
You don't have to be a speedrun expect, but every game has a few good skips you should know.

I tried Nak3d Eli's methods for Halo 2 speedrun but i dunno, i feel like he tries the methods for the lowest time as possible instead of just good enough to get the achievement.
This guy seems alright, i'll check both guides, thanks.
youtube.com/watch?v=icKF89eCac8

I feel like i have enough experience, the 3 hour achivements are the last difficult achievements i have left. It's just that i hate CE so much that i'm just looking for the easiest and fastest guide out there.

Also i read something about a save&quit method everytime you die, does that actually work?

Always do the opposite of what /v/ says

Are there any spots in the Spartan company? I just started playing again

HRRRRR

I had a match like that where my opponents couldn't break my base's cloak so I was technically invincible and pumped out 150 grunt squads as they killed them (and one blisterback).
I offered to hear their terms of surrender but they were too stubborn.

Ask Red or Gecko.
I'd go for Monopolized before you attempt goat roped.

That wasn't him getting composed that was him dying and disintegrating like a knight would

>Helmet four times the size of the head
>Clear visor so you can see how dinky it looks
HRR HRR HRRR

Anyone else have problems with halo wars 2 freezing on the xbone?

That's happened to me a few times, usually before a disconnect

First off, pro speedrunners like naked Eli are not going to help you much. They're more likely to just get you frusterated. What you need is someone to slowly walk you through some of the essential skips. Everything else should be just trial and error. Practice makes perfect. Listening to Eli is like listening to a professional athletes trying to teach you how to play on the NFL. You need a personal tutor for just a few instances.

>Also i read something about a save&quit method everytime you die, does that actually work?
It works in CE on every checkpoint. If you save and quit you can go back into the checkpoint with the time where it was. The reason being that every time you die, the timer KEEPS GOING, so if you make it to a place you suspect you will have trouble with, save, quit, and go back in, then if you die for 10 minutes you can just reload the original save and get your 10 minutes back.
This method works also on Halo 2 HOWEVER if you try to do it on the final checkpoint, it will void the whole mission attempt, so if you're near the end of a level on H2, don't save and quit.

The nice thing about the 3 hour legendary runs are that they don't have to be all done in order. It just takes your lowest level times and adds them all up. However, you can't mic and match solo with Co op. One of the other for all levels.

Holy fuck can't unsee

Ok thanks, what about 3, 4 and ODST? Does save and quitting work on those games?

“In Halo 4 we explicitly state the Composer has no effect on Didact or Chief for that matter - thanks Librarian. What we see here isn’t a standard Composer usage by any stretch of the imagination. This is six plus Composers detonating all at once, their energy expelled in an uncontrolled manner. He’s not "Composed” in the traditional sense because there is nothing there to process him. What he is, well, what he is is a surprise. But he’s out there. He’s alive. We’ll see him again.”

- Brian Reed

I'm not sure. I went through those with 4 player co-op and didn't have much of a problem hitting par time.

I would honestly recommend getting those ones out of the way first. Get a group of 4 people and run through them.

Those games require no speedrunning to complete. You can literally just get 3 other people to run with you on legendary in under 3 hours.
Not trying to be mean but if you are worried about speedrunning these games I cant imagine you being able to get goat roped or monopolized.

>Well see him again
Says the guy who we will never see again.

What?
What does that even mean?
So he got disintegrated then.
So how the fuck is he still alive?

Nah i'm not worried about those at all, i have way more experience with those 3 games than CE. It's just that i want to get them in order.

>What he is, well, what he is is a surprise
I hate this kind of writing. This isn't LOST, not everything needs to be a fucking mystery. If you want him alive, then don't clearly fucking kill him.

>Nah i'm not worried about those at all, i have way more experience with those 3 games than CE. It's just that i want to get them in order.
I STRONGLY recommend you don't do that. H2 should be saved for last imo.

Are you sure? How do you know he's not signing the contract to take Bonnie's spot right now? Think about it, no matter how things are, they can always get worse.