LS swaps, why not?

I see all the time about people posting comments saying "LS swaps are shit, they are the scum of the car enthusiast world" blah blah blah. In my case explain to me why getting more power, better MPG, loosing weight and less emmisions is worse than keeping it stock.
Don't give me the excuse "it's over done" yeah you see it everywhere but it is for a reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FKOki34YkK4
youtube.com/watch?v=GhAiNvN4Nxk
youtu.be/B8bV8SKeQOo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pushrods trigger faggots

because haters gonna hate
i'd love to get a mid to late 80s GM G body (like a regal or monte carlo) and throw an LS in it while keeping the body stock and go out and mess with people since almost no one expects them to be fast

inb4 pushrods

>g body
>Ls
Yes pls

Restore your AC and your credibility.

Are those Bassett wherls?

The pushrods trigger faggots like alphonse, s/o/viet and the many bench racing faggots on this board.

LS swaps are boring as hell
easiest way to announce you dont care about cars

>LS swaps are boring as hell
Name a swap that isn't boring as hell.

I kinda want to ls swap my van because it's so slow with the 318 Mopar. Maybe even a big turbo junkyard 4.8 setup. Thoughts?

Only if you truly love th4 vehicle and plan to keep it forever.
Why did you respond to obvious bait?

in this day and age swapping to what your car came with is actually more cool

something period correct is better too

LS swaps are just the "I dont care about this car and just want to go fast" and arent deserving of respect imo

It does have pretty significant sentimental value. Also it would be cool to make something a little more unique than the typical swap

Tesla Model S peripheral port 20B

>improve car signicantly
>don't care about it
Does not compute

People who claim LS swaps don't deserve respect have never done anything to their cars beyond caliper paint.

It's just a modern small block. I don't see the real issue.

LS miata swaps are cancer though.

These

>I just want to go fast

sorry ur fucking stupid

LS swaps are the "it just works lol" of swaps

you dont care about it you just want to go fast and have zero talent or originality

Am I dumb? What car doesn't have pushrods

Cars with overhead camshafts. Yes you are dumb.

A car isn't a special snowflake art project. It's a machine that performs the function of moving you. If you actually had a car you'd understand that driving fast is fun, and when there's a lighter, extremely cheap, relatively fuel efficient, extremely comoon engine with kits that make it almost bolt it, it's retarded not to use it.
I think you're confusing piston rods with valve train rods

t. mouth breathing bench racer
Cars with engines that are OHC do not have pushrods.

wow

you really dont care about cars at all

guess I was right

Good cars don't have pushrods

Tell me why improving my machine to get the most enjoyment out of it is "not caring about cars". Tell me how fixing all the little problems with my machine that only I know about isn't caring about it.

you dont care about the car at all
you only care about yourself

soulless pleb like anyone who goes LS because "it just werks lol"

You're correct. Only great cars have pushrods.
Reminder that pushrods push gods.

Spending shitloads of money and time to make something not as good fit or improve the ancient stocker is better because....?

LS swaps into old GM stuff are God tier, but I feel like it can be a little sad to LS swap something with a very different engine, like an rx7.
Kinda ruins the character of some cars.

Coyote > LS

its ok user you have no soul

you wont understand

you even said it in that post
you dont like the car enough to put any effort into it

Only acceptable answer.

>fixing every little niggle in the wiring, spots of rust, cleaningredients and fixing the interior
>apparently I don't like the car enough to put effort into it

nope

thats nothing

just like the passion you have for the car

I love how much LS swapped RX7s/GT86s trigger people.

Yeah it'll show it's character alright as it sits on your driveway waiting for an engine rebuild. If the swap makes the car more enjoyable and reliable then why not.

The LS is objectively the best balance of power potential, reliability, size, weight, cost and vast aftermarket support.
Subjectively you may not like it as much as another engine, but the same car with a built LS will almost always be faster.

>b-b-but LS swaps ruin the balance in muh Rotary!

>LS engines weigh close to a 13b including the turbo

LS engines in a GM product is fine - although GM has produced so many engines, there's plenty of other optiosn to consider. A 70's Pontiac, Olds or Buick muscle car deserves on their their proprietary big blocks. In any Firebird/Camaro, they're a good swap though.

Outside of the GM world, there's so many other options you can and should consider. Especially Mopar and Ford products don't need an LS, because they also have some viable EFI V8's available that offer the same advantages that an LS offers.

Why bother swapping in a junkyard LS, when you can keep it in the family with a junkyard 5.7 Hemi?

W126 560 SEC with any Mercedes V12.

13B swapped into one of those Iron Duke powered Camaros/Firebird

Triggered the faggot

cant wait to see you at the s/o/cal meets , shes a beauty

Not if you need to actually fit the engine into a smaller bay.

They are also pretty shit for torque, but they can rev Ill give them that.

What is the best V8?

Best for what, nigger.

Ford 460

7.0L and 7000 rpm
Mah nigga

BIG BLOCK
I
G

B
L
O
C
K
youtube.com/watch?v=FKOki34YkK4

everything

How am I a bench racer? If anything I like cara cuz I had to fix mine

While I got y'all replying, I guess I'll ask, how come my dual overhead cam engine has pushrods?

>my dual overhead cam engine has pushrods?
N-NANI?

I assume you're talking about the piston rods. They're talking about valvetrain rods.

but that's impossible unless the camshafts are a foot above the valves. What engine do you have?

You must be confusing pushrods with something else.

Someone did a TT L28 swap into an FD and it was hilarious

What's the point of putting the same engine in multiple different cars? Fucking boring. The LS has boring characteristics and sounds like shit and only has torque and light weight going for it. I'd never swap one, even into an older Chevy. You could swap electric motors into an car and make it faster than an ls, but that would be boring, wouldn't it? That's what everyone thinks of LS swaps.

Way more fun driving a car with the engine is was designed for.

You mouthed off to someone who actually knew their shit you dumb nigger.

>That's what i thinks of LS swaps.
fixed

Confirmed for anti-enthusiast. Leave this board you goof

>big block
>Pontiac

This meme needs to stop.

Retardedly ls fags can't even form coherent arguments

Any other swap videos/series on youtube like Binky?

>boring characteristics
Explain further
>sounds like shit
If you don't like a cross plane v8 with an X or h pipe you have pretty unusual taste.
>Only has torque and light weight
430hp isn't a lot? Readily available swap kits, standalone ECUs, huge aftermarket support for even more power, all mean nothing?
>electric motor into anything
>boring

>about 1/3 of the crank is in the oil

Read my whole post and not just the first sentence.
Th-thanks

>You could swap electric motors into an car and make it faster than an ls, but that would be boring, wouldn't it?

No, it's not feasible or cost effective nor is it likely to be faster with the electric motors and battery packs available to the average consumer and its range would be pathetic.

MMM, WINDAGE.

Best place to source an LS from?

Your local junkyard, they're bound to have at least one truck with a 5.3 there.

Wrecked 04-06 GTOs or the FWD Impala SS/GTPs if aluminum is your poison.

that 5.3 is gonna be a Vortec though

Iron block: truck in a junkyard
Aluminum block: t-boned or rear ended camaro
Many coins: crate engine

Easier to boost the fuck out of.

From a wrecked truck.

youtube.com/watch?v=GhAiNvN4Nxk

Big block Pontiacs are the best though. My dad had a big block 455

The junkyard HEMIs can cost more than an entire LS swap

You're killing me, Smalls.

It's in the LS family. All GM V8's after the 350 Chevy ended in the mid 90's are LS based.

If you're thinking aluminum block LS, search Craigslist and join local GM Facebook pages or clubs. LS1 is very common, LS2 is actually the rarest, LS3 is more common but is the newest so still Pricey

Fuck you. The 455 BBP is one of the meanist engines around

I did read it. You're clearly not a driver and you're boring.

>boring characteristics
Explain further

Revs low and has the chunkiest power delivery available. You can feel the end of each full power stroke, it feels like ass

>sounds like shit
If you don't like a cross plane v8 with an X or h pipe you have pretty unusual taste.

It sounds like a truck. V8s aren't my favourite as far as noise goes in the first place, but the LS sounds awful. Sounds weirdly empty and generic.

>Only has torque and light weight
430hp isn't a lot? Readily available swap kits, standalone ECUs, huge aftermarket support for even more power, all mean nothing?

You could spend that 10-15 grand making almost any engine MUCH faster than an LS.
>electric motor into anything
>boring
You're part of the I wanna go fast but don't care about handling or driving pleasure crew, like the rest of ls fags

Okay I don't care if I'm being trolled I am compelled to say this- There is no such as a big block or small block Pontiac. Every Pontiac V8 is externally identical and based off the same block.

The aluminium FWD LS4 is a bitch to hook though. You're better off with any other aluminium 5.3 (L33, LH6, LC9, LH8).

Any 5.3, aluminium or iron, will take boost like champ though - unless you get the flat-top pistons which add some compression.

The LS isn't meant to sound pretty and harmonic like something out of a BMW. It's meant to sound mean and nasty like the cars it goes in, which it does perfectly

>the chunkiest power delivery available. You can feel the end of each full power stroke, it feels like ass

You're not saying anything- These are not technical terms. You might as well be saying "I don't like it because I don't like it."

No. You can still get a 5.7 for about 3K, which is amazingly cheap considering how good the stock heads on those are - a big cam will make a big difference in terms of power. You're just kinda spoiled by the LS being hilariously cheap, although you're not getting a true LS for 3K, but probably a truck motor instead.

Are you honestly trying to tell me a big ass 455 is small?? lol wtf are you talking about?

It sounds nasty alright
Not the type to appreciate subtleties I see

mouthed off to someone with 0 passion for cars*

"Big block" and "small block" delineations have nothing to do with the displacement of the engine in question. Chevrolet had a big block that displaced 396 cubic inches and a small block that displaced 400 cubic inches. The designation is divorced from displacement.

Nooooooooooooo

The torque curve looks pretty normal to me. Are you referring to stock exhaust sound? Because modern stock exhausts a shit.
>making X engine much faster than ls
But sometimes you just want a given power level and not a monster. An LS is a fantastic update to any 60s or 70s muscle car.

And what if I told you I like electric motor swaps because they're unique and interesting? I just wouldn't do one myself.
youtu.be/B8bV8SKeQOo

Forgot pic

No, I'm just not the type to lap up shit from someone talking out of their ass. You are incapable of "feeling" the end of a power stroke because a power stroke is happening thousands of times per minute. What you're more likely attempting to get at is a gearing problem where the vehicle is geared too tall so it feels like it "falls off" at the end of each gear. You might be right though, I'm not big on subtleties, especially when you're making how ignorant you are about engines known in such an unsubtle way.

Btfo

Big and small block are just designations for how long the short block (ie just the block, no pistons or crankshaft) was. It had nothing to do with how big the cylinders are.

Throw a big 2 cylinder in your car and tell me it feels smooth. This is what push rods feel like.