Why Haven't You Bought a New Sports Car General

Well, Veeky Forums? What do you have to say for yourselves?

Other urls found in this thread:

torquenews.com/106/ford-mustang-beats-chevy-camaro-dodge-challenger-march-2017-sales
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>buying a thread

new modern sports cars are all essentially super cars only / not affordable while previously there were a ton of affordable and good sports cars

also because I don't have enough money but mostly this

NEW sports cars are not selling

USED sports cars are selling, but nobody reports on the sales and rego of used cars.

Most people such as us poor fucks on Veeky Forums and other """enthusiast""" forums can't afford/aren't retarded enough to buy new cars, so they "don't sell."

Retarded meme video/channel is retarded, if that's your channel get fucked, etc.

New sports cars are boring as shit and expensive. No manual, leather everything, soft touch everything, no windows, shitty touch screens. For $100k or more, nobody in the market for a sports car wants that.

A v6 camry is faster and handles better than "sports cars" from 15-20 years ago. There's really no point in modern sports cars besides showing off how much money you can throw away.

>New Miata with LSD will run you over $30,000.
>MFW You can buy a C5 Vette for $14,000 out the door

this. I'd love to have a new miata but I would never pay more than 19k for one.

They forgot sports cars were lightweight.

I'm 25, just moved to a new state for a new job less than a year ago, and don't have the money.
Plus I want to buy a house soon. Have saved up nearly 15k in the past 7 months

I'm not going to pay a year to two years salary for a sports car when I can buy used and do whatever I want for 1/5th the price.

This

I went to the dealership to check out the new Fiata and was so disappointed to see how cheap all the parts looked compared to the asking price. Well over $30,000 for an LSD equipped one and don't forget if you're a wageslave like me you have to pay interest and full insurance.

Right now I'm saving up for a C5 vette but I'm even considering that as I anticipate them dropping in price for the next few years until they hit sub-10,000 then itll plateu.

25 years old. I wanna set my future up nicely but I miss that V8 torque :(

I buy "sports cars" to wrench and thrash on.

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to do that with a new car.

A question I keep asking myself is should I save up for a house, invest in a business of my own, prepare for kids, or should I enjoy myself and get a more enjoyable sports car.
What makes you think you'll enjoy your house more than the car?

not even a shitpost... you shame your namesake.

I found an apartment close to work, but it's a shithole. I will never take a woman back here.
Plus I like cars and driving but not enough to put before a nice house.

I love my 2002 S2000

Because insurance fucks you in the ass for having a sports car. Also were in the age where a lot of millennial are foregoing trade jobs and other labor for college education. Thus there's no one really able to afford sports cars.

The only correct answer is to invest in whatever will yield you the greatest return on that investment.

Every cent you earn between 20-40 should be spent maximizing your earning potential and income.

Blowing 10-15k now will potentially put you back hundreds of thousands of dollars 10 years from now.

There's also no point in getting sports cars anymore because laws are much more restrictive, cameras are always watching and there aren't many street enthusiasts to meet.

>pls buy our 1800kg 2.5L I4 hybrid sports car full of always-on electronic nannies

Most people cant afford new sport cars.

Many people who can afford a new sport car wont buy it because they need a 2nd car.

Sports bikes are better.

don't forget the swoopy lines and blind spots

>SPORTS CAR SALES IN THE GUTTER
>picture shows 2 Ferraris, a Porsche, a Lambo and a GTR

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Make a sub 20k sports/sporty car and people will start buying. People bitch about muhlennials not liking cars but the fact is they just cant afford them.

pic very related

They only gave the BRZ 205 HP. You ask them to make an 18k sports car and it'll get walked by corollas.

Because mine still only has 53K miles on it and I still turn a quicker lap than most people at my road course.

The problem with the power of the brz/86 is that it should have roughly the same as modern hot hatches. ~250-300hp.

These

wow it's almost as if it's not worth it to go into debt early in life just to enjoy a brand new gofast car
ha ha the economy's recovered why aren't young people buying shit it's so baffling wow

>gif
>2017

no BRZ STI

I would go out and buy one RIGHT NOW if they were making it

>inb4 mods

i prefer modifying factory turbo cars

Miata, mustang, camaro, hyundai thing, and 86 exist.

I wouldn't buy it if they put a turbo motor in it, but I'd buy a flat 6 version for sure

Because I don't want a bunch of fucking computers in my car. I like shit analog like a proper hipster.

>hyundai thing
poor lil' hyundai getting no respect

flat 6 version would probably be out of my budget, so I'd be perfectly happy with a turbo 4

This. The core demo for muscle cars has always been young men, and this generation of them has less money in relative terms than ever before.

I don't sport. I like comfy cruising.

I'm happy with my SC400. 267k, no AC, no radio, but the tranny is silky smooth and the car is worth so little (under 1500) that when it goes I'm ready to buy the next car already.

Even if new sports cars were capable, say Miata with Fiesta ST power or 86 with GTI power, they'd still sound like ass because manufacturers can't risk high power bespoke N/A like the F20C today, and burgerkingring magazine tards want turbos on everything.

House. Most startup businesses fail.

I'm not an expert on this topic but it probably has something to do with the global economy, rather than individual choice

>"Look AT yourself, why haven't you bought sports car recently?"

>looks at bank statements
>looks at prices of sports cars
>looks back at bank statements

I own a GT86 because this is my contribution to the greater good.

Yes, except that a v6 camry is not fun to drive.

I think what's really missing in the sports car market are cars that are actually fun to drive and cheap. $25k is not fucking cheap for a young person nowadays.

There needs to be cheap econo sports cars that are simple and light and come in manual as standard for less than $20k. Car prices are rising much faster than inflation so there's no excuse for it.

In 1965, you could buy a mustang for $15k in today's dollars. Of course it became a massive success for young people. Now it costs $25k for a base model. In 1969, a 240z would cost you $23k adjusted for inflation. Now, the 370z, (a model left unchanged since 2009). starts at $30k.

Or maybe "millennials" just don't like sports cars

Old sports cars are better.

All new sports cars are bloated pigfat, missing the "sport" (electric throttle, electric steering, electric braking assist), lacking windows, automatics, or gutless shitboxes (lolfrs).

Rather just buy a c5/c6 and be done with it.

expensive sports cars are for idiotic rich people who will baby the thing and have it never see a track

A car that is a shitbox with a well developed suspension are for the real car enthusiast

That article should be "super sports cars" are not selling. Base sports cars will always sell.

According to what numbers?

Companies just need to copy Dodge's marketing. Dodge is selling sports cars on pure hype. The first year the Hellcat's were released, not only could you not find one but the people paid an average of 15k over msrp. And the Demon is going to do the samething.

I found this

torquenews.com/106/ford-mustang-beats-chevy-camaro-dodge-challenger-march-2017-sales

But it doesn't say which models.

they aren't different anymore. everything is catching up.
sports cars used to not be nanny-mobiles, cars built for drivers with retard power and pretty much only ABS

now they have all the nannystate shit tacked on, trannies which are smooth-ish, and power that could be attainable with only a few grand in upgrades to the car of the next lower tier.

that, and they're so proliterated in media/"buy one goyim" they've lost the hype.
remember when a corvette was "oh shit a corvette" and how now it's "neat, a vette"
that's the entire problem.
imo, the viper was the real last sport-supersport car flimflam

not a sports car a muscle car

It just a other market shift. Crossovers are the hot sellers now.

crossovers are why i want to commit soduku

But the hype is working. Look at the new Jeep that's coming out. Dodge is already starting to promote the shit out of it. If the new Jeep trackhawk has the same success as the Hellcat, I don't know why other companies couldn't try the hype marketing approach.

I don't want a new sports car, I want a new hot hatch

Halo cars? They all do that.

But why are there no affordable "sport" crossovers? None are manual either.

>Halo cars
?????????????????

"A flagship car produced in limited numbers or with low sales expectations in order to generate public appeal for the brand. The term comes from the halo effect."

Btw that's just a Hummer H1 with a body kit

>generate public appeal for the brand
On Veeky Forums it generates shitposting.

You ya don't....... Say?!
Boy show me you're car is exhaust. I'll bet it will and have sound like a ghostly fart of a younglamb, younglamb, young lamb

>tfw will never own a H1 and actual humvees, which are cheap as fuck, are title stamped so you can't actually drive them on road
the pain is real

Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep are fucking horseshit cars and pretty much all they HAVE is their marketing department.

Just look at shitters of yore such as the Jeep Grand Cherokee, PT Cruiser, any K platform car, any of their current cars. If Chryco spent less money on marketing and more on developing and engineering their cars to not be dogshit, maybe they would suck less. It almost seems like it's a game to them to see what the shittiest car they can sell zillions of is.

This perfectly describes the situation.

The cheapest thing on the market that could be called a sports car is the Fiesta ST I'm guessing at 23k. For 23k I could buy a mint condition 90s car that doesn't have all the electronic bullshit and extra size of a new car.

FUCK FUCK FUCK drive by wire throttle. Holy shit, I've never hated something so much. Makes me want to kill myself.

I'll keep my FD over anything new.

>comparing a brand new car to a 15-20 year old used sports car

Dont be that guy

>Buy a car that's mean to be thrashed
>Buy it new, on warranty, with an exception for "user-induced failure" and "track use"

It doesn't cost more to use a more powerful engine if it just displaces more. R&D costs are the same. There doesn't HAVE to be a horsepower markup. Just compare 600cc sportbikes to literbikes in performance. Huge gap. Then price. Tiny gap.

However, fuel efficiency and emissions standards imposed on cars are much stricter. You can thank the government, if anything, for trying to regulate ALL cars just so the econoboxes chad and stacy drive can be slightly greener on average.

Because they'd look like manchildren if they added a sportscar exception, right?

All the cheap sportscars we wank over cost the equivalent of $30k+ new when you adjust for inflation.

It's almost like people don't have enough fucking money to justify a two seater when they can spend exactly half as much boosting their base model family hauler honda wagon and throwing aftermarket wheels, tires, and suspension bracing in after saving up for the duration of the warranty period.

YES, companies could option them down and shave $5k or more off the price. But then you'd be buying a 2017 car with a 5 speed synchromesh piece of shit from 1996 that can't handle any more than stock torque, an empty DIN slot, and bare bones dashboard reminescent of the toyota corolla.

you make it sound like a bad thing. Hell yeah I'd buy a piss cheap car with bascially just an AC, ABS, 5 speed and an AUX jack for 10k

They're called kit cars.

>ABS
REEEEE FUCKING NORMIES LEAVE

I got a v6 camaro, that counts right?

Lol

In my country the road tax for anything sporty is literally 9 times than a normal car

I can deal with expensive maintenance, but paying such road tax is for cucks

>A/C

Try driving a car without A/C in Florida.

>tfw no road tax
>tfw insurance never goes over 200 a year
>tfw cheap, if rare skylines, supras, celica gt4's and other jdm
>tfw audi and bmw and mercs so cheap they're considered bottom of the barrel trash

Life is so good I don't even mind retarded car mod laws and such

I can understand the complaints of "sports cars" to be honest. After all why would I buy a 2 (+"2") seat car with no storage if i can buy get a wagon for the same money, with better suspension, same or more power and also with rwd or awd? Manufactureres arn't trying anymore.

But Veeky Forums is also a fucked place, complaining about "always on nannies" and the like, when they have never driven a car over 200 whp and especially not a 450+ whp track car.

My 2 cents on the subject of "sport cars" (also: What exactly is a sports car?)

Try not living in Florida, you stupid cunt.

Only place I'd rather be is SE Texas. Fuck snow.

I looked at a BRZ, Fiesta ST, and Camaro V6 while choosing a car. I liked them all, but the ST was undeniably the most practical and affordable with by far the best deal on it. Felt rushed because it was the last one available in the province, so I have a hot hatch instead of a sports car.

I should have stuck with my Mitsushitheap a while longer so I could look at the 1LE version.