Best pickup to lease for a beginnger

I want my next car to be a pickup, but I'll be honest I don't know much about them. I'm not using it for work, just for fun. I'm specifically looking for something fast and spacious. The F150 seems to be a good option, but I'm worried because Ford is famous for breaking down. Chevy and GMC have a good track record, but I don't know of any that are really fast. Any recommendations?

>(((leasing))) a truck
>wanting it to be fast

what the fuck are you doing

It doesn't matter really if you're leasing. Even a dodge will last 4 years without falling apart too badly. What's your definition of "fast"? Most modern trucks are quick but you're going to have to spend a lot to get a "fast" truck.

Being american. It's called freedom.

Something I can beat yellow lights with and speed down the highway on a nice day.

I'm an American too, but god damn, I fucking hate people who buy trucks to """go fast"""

Trucks are now just luxury SUVs. Autistic normies buy them as a status symbol.

Buy something that has soul.

Have mercy, I'm a pleb when it comes to cars.

Pretty much any of the big 3 with the most powerful engine option will do that.
Even stock trucks are quick for their size. There's nothing wrong with making them slightly more fun to drive by adding a bit more power. What the fuck is soul? Sounds queer as fuck. Trucks are plenty fun to drive even in the city.

Unless you intend on off-roading, don't fucking buy a truck.

If you want to have fun with American auto, buy a Focus ST.

If you want to have fun with Jap cars, buy really anything from the 90s or early 2000s.

If you want to have fun with some dirty Yuropoor cars, buy a used e36/e46 m3.

Just don't buy into the American truck meme.

Yeah, but they aren't quick compared to really anything else.

By soul, I mean something that is unique. Like an MR2 SW20.

I wouldn't mind offroading, there's great trails and whatnot in my area.

Are there any Chevy pickups with powerful engines?

OP wants a truck which is the polar opposite of a MR2. Both have "soul" just different flavors. Blasting down rough logging roads in a truck is just as fun as trying to slide around in a MR2.

A MR2 is slower than a Escalade btw.

The 6.2 is 420hp and 460lb-ft which is stout and pretty close to what the "mighty" Ecoboost is doing.

Sure, maybe an NA SW20 or a stock ZZW30, but my SW20 is making over 300 HP at the wheels, and it is fucking terrifying.

A few simple mods can get an MR2 going very fast.

Buy a shitbox Ranger from before '95

Preferably in manual

Just beat the shit out of it. You will have much more fun than you would with a new, expensive truck.

>speaking from experience

Interesting, can you modify it? Also are there any old two doors like that?

>Interesting, can you modify it?
kek.

Again, I'm a total pleb when it comes to cars.

If I were you, I would do a lot more research before making the choice to buy/lease/finance a car.

Of course

F150 2.7T 4wd Crew Cabs XLTs lease cheap if that's how you want to do it. Anything fancier will be a lot more money.

>Unless you intend on off-roading, don't fucking buy a truck.
tell me which lease-able truck is actually offroad worthy besides the V6 Tacoma?

Don't lease. Buy an older shitbox and beat it to death.
Pre 98:
Tacoma
Ranger
Frontier
S-10
Make sure they're V6 and their transfer cases still work.

That only really works if you live somewhere with no rust. In most places even domestic bone stock used trucks are ridiculously over priced or cheap, lifted 3 feet and thrashed to hell. Add in the Toyota tax and it's even worse.

Why does rust matter if it's not on the frame?

Also only one of those vehicles I posted is a yota.

Because body swaps are not very fun? A truck will only take so much bondo. There's a point when it's a waste sinking money into a pile of rust. The frames will also be rusty anywhere that salts the road.

This is really difficult in PA. Trucks are already expensive because of demand here for an all year vehicle and peoples perception of a "need" for one. Finding any older truck that isn't a rust bucket means it was probably out of state, and is being sold well past market value. You need to go ~3 states over to get out of the salt belt to find a decently kept older truck, and you can't argue that's much harder compared to going to a dealership locally. People not that into cars aren't going to be willing to do something like that, it's just an appliance or a status symbol (and that's fine honestly).

If I were you OP, I'd finance a 3-4 year old truck that is certified used (get a little warranty on it) and well taken care of (check for documented oil changes, inspections, etc) for a little bit more. It's already going to be rusting a bit if you live in the NE US, but if you clean it up and take care of it, it'll last a long time. You also won't have to hand it in in the next few years.

this is OP's first vehicle
get a rusted out old chevy for $2000 and drive it into the ground

OP said first pickup, not first vehicle.

>I want my next car to be a pickup