Opinion on MR2 SW20?

I am going to buy an MR2 SW20 within the next few weeks.

I want to know what Veeky Forums thinks about it.

RIP OP

I would tell you to kill yourself, but it seems you're going to end up doing it anyway

I have a W30 MR2. Only had it a month now and I'm having a blast with it.

MR2 owners are a bit cultish but really friendly. Don't be surprised if other MR2 owners you meet randomly ask you to add them on Facebook.

Also, don't buy it if you don't like attention. Strangers will always ask questions about it/take pictures of it.

They really aren't kidding when they call it a poor man's supercar.

The USDM pre-1994 LHD T-top cars are okay I guess

The JDM 1994+ hardtops are GOAT tier

Do you get attention even in the MK3 MR-S? In my opinion it doesn't have that supercar look like the previous MR2

What backwards shit hole do you live in that you get all that attention for the worst generation of a car that's been on the road for 18 years? Do you live in fucking Madagascar or something where they've never seen a car?

The third gen is not the worst. It's the best as far as NA models go. You might dislike the styling, far point but the car itself and how it drives is improved compared to previous gens

FOR FUCK'S SAKE GET A PRE PURCHASE INSPECTION

You won't actually do anything to work on it, and you'll just end up blowing the engine/tranny by trying to pretend like you're from a chinese cartoon. Or best case scenario you wrap it around a tree and you kill yourself.

>any mr2
>bad in any way
kek found the busrider.

same car, same experience.
non turbos are quite reliable for a 90's car that gets always trashed. most problems are rubber just being too old and the belt.

thats why i love mr2's.
Cheap, reliable, great handling car with deadly reputation and great looks. Not to mention the amazing controls
What's not to love?

Dying.

Wait are other car communities not friendly? My first car is a MR2 so I've never had a different experience

>Do you get attention even in the MK3

I'd suspect only negative. The Mk3 was an ugly car.

Never owned a Mk2, but familiar with the car. They are reportedly fun to drive, but it's also known that they have a very small margin between "near the limit" and "total loss of control". That's why people keep mentioning "death". It's a car that's fast and agile (for it's age/class), but lacks the ability to recover from a mistake.

estrogen producing pussy confirmed

ive recently driven a modded turbo one extensively. all of the snap oversteer memes are either from people jumping on the bandwagon or literal shitter drivers that have no adaptability skills for a car with foreign weight characteristics.

This definitely. Kinda ridiculous how many "nice car/ sweet MR2" comments and shit I get from total strangers, despite my SW20 looking like it's in pretty crappy shape. I have dents here and there, and fading paint with peeling clearcoat. It's just silly. I had some guy in an Integra compliment it last night.

Most likely the former. I've owned an n/a SW20 MR2 for 5 years now, daily driven, and the snap oversteer is there. It's just on the very upper limits of the car, or during very low grip situations if you don't know what you're doing. You more or less have to be over-driving the car to get that kind of reaction out of it. It's probably worse on the turbo though, because it's got a good 150lbs extra or more around the engine for those components and the beefier transmission.

I had a 1990 sw20 with the na engine and it was a really sweet car. Fast through the corners, reasonably economical and girls liked it. It had electrical problems towards the end which was quite common apparently but i still sold it for good money. The only trick to surviving mr2 ownership is to drive it like a fwd. Very low steering input, smooth throttle input and dont step off the gas suddenly while cornering hard.