Bump the thread if it's at page 7

Vids:
>Exhaust Leak Corolla
youtube.com/watch?v=tEtiDBZKpEM
youtu.be/ZmaPW_2G5mc

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ae101ownersclub.com/t2305-diy-jdm-momo-steering-wheel-install
ebay.ca/itm/4pcs-JDM-Fender-Flares-Toyota-Corolla-KE70-AE86-KP61-MR2-Datsun-Mazda-Honda-/201280032919?hash=item2edd399097:g:hQwAAOSwuMFUZGYh&vxp=mtr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>How do I join the montage?
See pic related.

First for comfy photos

comfy

Got it new a few weeks ago for 18k and love it so far.

I know it wasn't a huge seller, but I'm sad its been discontinued. Camry reliability (hopefully) in a lighter, sportier body

looks average to me imo

now this is comfy

Pretty good deal. There's one with 4k miles for 18k near me. is that a manual? and what plans do you have for it?

>when door handles are a wear item in your Corolla

Why are they so fragile? At least they're cheap.

Yeah manual. Kinda want to leave it stock since almost all the second gen tCs in my area are disgustingly riced out, but I've been looking at turbo kits since my tax return is burning a hole in my pocket haha

Wtf haven't heard this problem before

Picking up my reupholstered seats this week.

I went through 3 on my driver side and 2 on the passenger side in my 98 prizm

FUCK YOU TOYOTA.

i want an 80's rwd toyota for a project car.

rather avoid the meme tax on the AE86

what get?

TE35 (Go 70s, they're delicious)
Or maybe a TE7x whatever you got them as.

Those t motors respond well to modification and also they're a T-series gearbox if you want to swap bellhousings and stick an A-motor in.

What do you guys think?

nice. How good it look before?

some peoples children..

Mark 3 soup

some peoples children...

Looks pretty good. What size, diameter, and offset?

Ruined it

This would be before. Will post here as soon as the fresh seats are in.

yes, yes they did.
not my car, nor would I EVER!

How many miles do you have?

18x8 I think +30 or +35.

it was a wagon. It was allready ruined.

JZZ31 soarer vs A80 Supra

I prefer the simplicity of the soarer, it being a luxury focused car, rather than a racerboi focused car

Not really all that much.

It's a '93 AE101

Only shot with the odometer

GT car SC400, project fun car A80

Is it bad that I miss my 93 corolla more than my aw11 right now

On the chassis? A gorillion. I don't have any better pics right now but I'm past 390k

kek

I wouldn't know, I've never driven an AW11, they almost don't exist where I live.

Does anybody have any suggestions regarding input enhancement? The car has got enough power for me, it's really fun to drive, but the steering wheel is quite too large and thin for my big hands, and the shifter throw is too long.

I'm looking for a better, but still inconspicuous and period correct steering wheel, maybe something like a junkyard MR2 steering wheel I could get refitted with new leather, but I'm not sure about compatibility, and I can't find much info on this. I'd like to avoid the obvious Momo leather on metal thingy that screams I'M A RACECAR!

I'm also looking for a short throw shifter kit, but I can't find that much information either, especially about quality and how it feels to use it.

Is the SC400 quick / fun to drive? Considering one for a first car because I like the styling

For the wheel, if its legal to remove the airbag, you could get a boss kit and there are a few steering wheels that dont look like complete RACEKAR.
ae101ownersclub.com/t2305-diy-jdm-momo-steering-wheel-install

For the short shifter you could get your grinder out, cut 2" out of the shifter above the pivot, and then weld it back together, use the 2" bit you cut of the top to lengthen the stick below the pivot, then raise the base to clear it. Im no expert, maybe someone can correct me here. Or shell out for a short shift kit.

comfy

It's comfy to drive

Bamp

Thanks for the answer.

No airbag there, and about the shifter, I don't like damaging stock parts, I like keeping them in case I want/have to revert the car to full stock.

See those speakers I installed yesterday for example, I don't mind bending the lip of a brand new aftermarket speaker to make it fit, but I would never cut into the plastic housing to achieve the same result. I also kept the stock connector so I don't have to cut the car's audio cable.

Best bet for the shifter is to ask around on fourms if they know of any kits, or just grab another shifter from a junkyard and chop that one instead.

Just get an ebay short throw kit. Cheap and usually reliable, as far as ebay items go. Hard to fuck up a bar and some bushings

But over 200k
96 Tacoma

I want to paint the trim on my supra but don't want to break anything and then have to search for 35 year old trim... Can I successfully tape it off and rattle can the trim a satin black?

The car was cheap so I don't need show room quality, just one solid color that looks good from 10 feet away.

Anybody ever just delete the trim on their car altogether?

+1 for the eBay short throw

You can plastidip it black, you don't have sand it

I'm thinking of dipping the whole car honestly. Can I do black for the trim + fender flare and another color on the body panels?

I have a compressor for the gun thing DYC sells but would a couple cans be enough for trim?

Yes
And yes it should be

I'm not a fan of the ae86 but I had a dream where I bought a all white ae86 with wheels like pic related and it was right hand drive and I was driving it the whole entire time in my dream until I woke up what could this mean guys?

Don't let your memes be dreams user

Build a rally 86. It was a sign. Your life won't be complete until it is done. Go now child. There's work to be done.

It felt so real guys the moment I got the papers from the old white guy with a blue what I think was a dodgers hat and stepped foot in the car and started driving it felt like I belong in that car but it sucks being poor so I can't buy one

So what cars would you recommend a rook to keep on the lookout for it he were a toyota fan with minor experience in wrenching with an interest in building a rally car?

Pretty much anything from 1980-00 would be cool

Camry or corolla and if you want to blow more money a Toyota Matrix xr with awd

Sounds like a plan.

Rally? Corolla. Lighter and more nimble.
DD? Camry. More comfy and spacious.
Technically, I have one of each...

ebay.ca/itm/4pcs-JDM-Fender-Flares-Toyota-Corolla-KE70-AE86-KP61-MR2-Datsun-Mazda-Honda-/201280032919?hash=item2edd399097:g:hQwAAOSwuMFUZGYh&vxp=mtr

Thinkin of getting these for my aw11. Anybody have experience with them?

unless you have tires that need those it looks tacky

Post your interiors

I will. I'll be getting a set of 14x7or8s so they're going to fill ok. I will have a small stretch on the tires though. Not doing any stance shit I just need to cut off the rust on the car and cover it up so may as well

Toyota matrix is intriguing, say I wanted to do some sikk doriftos, could I disconnect the front drive shaft? Or she's not designed to drive that way?

Are they good to go out the box, or do you need to upgrade beyond I/H/E?

The memes are working you subliminally want an 86

4WD celica

What offset are the wheels?

>Autotragic
I literally don't have a left leg.

Is this the type of corolla you mean when you say rally corolla? Or newer?

Could cop this for maybe 700 and get it running with a few small things, not sure if it would pan out

Would it be worth getting a performance intake or filter on a corolla?

Forgot my picture

pic related. can confirm as rally corolla

Hit a snag - owner says it bleeds oil due to a blown rear main. How much of a pain in the ass is it on this car to fix? Gotta drop the whole engine?

That's really up to you. It's a no if you ask me

Thats an AE92 right? I got one this month for 700 as well, so far have changed the clutch and the battery, wasn't running before. It gets out of the shop tomorrow, I'm really excited to see how it runs

Oh snap where do you live? East Coast? That sounds exactly like the one I was looking at, damn

Nope, west coast. I think you're getting a better deal, basically the owner of the car went back to his home country and left his car with his family. Its an 88 gts with 250k+ miles on it. So far what I've learned from my experience with it is that its super easy to work on, but remember at its heart its an 80's cheap fun car, so its gonna have its faults. So far those include:
-completely fucked clutch (replaced it)
-non-functional power windows
-seats designed for ants
-oil leak (maybe similar to what yours is having, but mine is just a small leak)
-coolant leak
But yeah I think you could also negotiate the owner down to a lower price, that's the biggest regret I have about my purchase, I paid the full 700$ asking price

meant

Any kind, they're all small enough to whip around. Late 90s was even used by Toyota themselves in the WRC.

186500+ on a '95 4Runner

easily could go another 150k with no problems

>ole Corolla had bad vibration on the highway
>try outer tie rods
>that was it

Aww yiss cheap ass fix. Used eBay parts so I wonder how long they'll last. Came with inner tie rods too but those were fine so I didn't swap them.

Need to do a coolant super flush at some point. It's a bit nasty in there.

About 188 000km/117 000 miles on my '03

Rookie rally user back again, speaking of corolla xrs, how much would you pay for a 2005 xrs sedan? I mentioned my search to a coworker who has a friend wanting to sell hers (2005 corolla xrs) for 3700, but that's a little high for a car to beat on. I've driven a similar car and they're fun as hell though

Yea or nay?

Bump

>hers
She better have a husband or boyfriend that has been keeping up with maintenance or have proof that she takes it somewhere that has done regular maintenance and it better be manual otherwise walk away and waste money on a 90s corolla and do a 4age blacktop swap on it

Love it, I know the black/polished look gets a bit of hate but those really suit it

Got any side profile pics?

Nice wheel

Why didn't you just get vatozone ones?

How many miles?

liking the new wheels mayne

20 bucks for a full set sounded good and they have a 1 year warranty. The quality looks good too. Looks no different than my OEM ones.

Not yet. The side of my car looks like aids from the 7 previous owners and I don't have the capital or ability to fix it yet. I'll break out the DSLR soon though.
Thanks. I thought 18 was gonna be too big but I love it. Wish the rears were a little wider though but I wouldn't be able to afford tires if they were. Gonna buy good lowering springs soon as well.

Do they make fender flares without the hole for this trim shit? I had to weld in patches and can't fit it anymore Lmao

MKII supra yo

Buy the eBay lotek ones with the KYB shocks like me. Paid like $300 for everything

I think all of them have the trim

Damn. Is there anything to fill it in with? Do you think painted bondo would work?

I'm trying to find which ones go best with stock struts because TEMS. Having features that don't work in my car really eats at me since my last car was such a shitbox.

Yo, Veeky Forums, wheel ideas for an AW11? Thinking 15 or 16x7, interested in pics of wheels/wheels on cars. Kinda like the look of 3 and 4 spoked wheels, honestly wouldn't mind the stock ones but they just aren't the right size.

15x7 35mm offset