good-looking and small though

THICCCCCCCCCC

never cared about it

looks like a car you would buy your teenaged daughter

no, I really want to buy one, actually

My car is 85% an SLK.

Everyone forgot about Crossfires though

HAHAHAHAAAH NO

Why? It's a 6-speed manual, 60k miles, fun as fuck with a pretty roomy hatch. It's been really reliable for me and I got it for only $4k

Nigga the spoiler goes up and down. What more do you want?

60k miles means nobody liked it enough to drive it.
$4k means regardless of mileage its a shitty DaimlerChrysler product that started falling apart right after it rolled off the assembly line.

not the user you're replying to but it's literally a rebadged SLK

>Daimlerchrysler

better to just scrap it and put it out of its misery

Came very close to buying an SLK 320 when I was car shopping last year but some bitch nigga snatched it up a few days before my car loan arrived. Was looking for a small sporty hard top convo or a coupe and that would have done nicely.

>Everyone forgot about Crossfires though
Nah, we're still trying to. One of the ugliest cars ever made.

the second gen was better than the shitty first but it was not raw enough to be fun (it's a merc after all), the manuals were shit (it's a merc after all) and not available with the best engine (the V8)

Also not the user you're replying to, but what distinction are you trying to make?

The 90s and early 00s were the lowest point of Mercedes regarding their track record for quality.

>60k miles means nobody liked it enough to drive it.
It was an old lady. It had Betty Boop carpets and plate covers.
>regardless of mileage its a shitty DaimlerChrysler product that started falling apart right after it rolled off the assembly line.
It's eleven years old and nothing is falling apart.

Remember that this is just a R170 slk320 that's 500 lbs lighter and has a retro style body (manufactured by Karmann) and a retro plastic interior.

And I unironically love this car.

From my experience
-uncomfortable
-slow (never driven the V8 though...)
-uncomfortable
- >muh premium brand
-uncomfortable
-cheap plastic interior
-uncomfortable
-discontinued
-uncomfortable

Basically an expensive Miata. For the money, an RX-8 is a better more reliable vehicle.

Eh. It's fine that you found one that was babied. Doesn't mean it was ever a great car. The R170 wasn't a stellar car to begin with, sharing mkst major components witb the W202 C-Class: both cars that were developed during a time where Mercedes wanted to do severe cost cutting.

Chrysler is just the most unlucky American brand. They always end up at the mercy of some already-unreliable Euro brand.

I've had an sc300 and an sw21 before this car. I like this one the best.

In my estimation, it really is a stellar car. It's only 3000 lbs and it has enough power and torque to be fun. It even sounds good.

Maybe it was babied, but regardless I've been redlining it and throwing it around corners and taking it up to a 100 all the time since I've gotten it, and I've gone tens of thousands of miles and I hadn't had a single problem.

The M112 E32 doesn't even have problems in general. Maybe some high mileage ones leak oil. Maybe. Or the Auto tranny has problems. Maybe. But nothing else.

Nobody has first hand experience with these on Veeky Forums except me. They get a bad wrap. You guys are badge whores. That's it.

That's not even the srt6

Auto only. Also they're like $15k

>you're badge whores
I'm willing to take that insult because the only Crossfire worth my time was an SRT6. Without that badge it's worthless as anything other than a "sporty" hatch.

This

R170 a cute
all subsequent versions were hideous

>Alternate history

R170 was the most boring roadster ever made.

I feel like the amg versions of this car got shafted/nerfed in order to protect the sales of the larger and more expensive amgs

Like how the 5.5 SC wasnt available.. Only the NA 5.5. And i never heard of a SLK63 amg

At least it doesn't look like a pig had sex with an elephant

R170 looks dated as fuck