Who else wrenched today?

Got inspired to do my own valve cover gaskets on my truck, so I dun dun it. 5VZ-FE. I had to remove the intake and a whole mess of tubes and plugs.

Way outside my comfort zone, but I watched a little time lapse video of it on YouTube and just dove in and did it. Miraculously, it turned out just fine, so yay me.

I changed my transfer case fluid in my 95 ranger. Did plugs, wires and ignition coil 2 days ago. Also changed the accessory belt.

Here is the beast

Trucks with small engines are so relaxing to work on.

It's the 3.0 V6 but yeah kind of

>tfw new job, pays enough to afford the stealership jew, bumper to bumper warranty so no need to do anything now

>paying money you don't have to
>avoiding working on your car

You don't belong here.

tightened tierod on my 92 corolla... gonna need a new inner tie rod on the passenger side, but for no at least the castle nut is snug on the outer tie rod.

next up: new plugs. just changed oem wires last week.

today did oil change on wife's sienna and need to remove shitty JBL subwoofer and reseal it. POS sounds like a chopped n screwed car with bass set to -5

Got my Lincoln LS back in action today. It had a complete PCM failure back in September which led to a lot of anti-theft bullshit. Once that was taken care of last month it would barely run. Found out today that three coils had failed while the car was just sitting there somehow. They were 200,000 mile originals but still odd that 3 would die just sitting. Of course the design of the upper intake means it hangs over the right head so the upper intake has to be removed to access simple things like coils.

I hate wrenching on my LS. Pita jaaaaag engine.

I went balls deep on my old car, and as much as I liked it, the repair bills finally outweighed my sentimental value, so I traded it in.

I'm still in the honeymoon phase with the new car, but maybe once that wears off and I get the itch to mod, and more importantly, resupply my pocket money, I'll pick up a project car to tinker around with.

Yeah but im about to give up and have it towed to a mechanic.
I cant figure out whats wrong with it and ive run out of things to check for.
Im just not good with engines.

you're not good with engines because you don't have enough experience
you don't have enough experience because YOU GIVE UP WAY TOO EASY

This. You have to learn it into submission.

>the secret to success in life in a nutshell

oil filter on my ls1 got stuck again but i managed to reuse it.

Changed oil and flushed the old crap

Did the tie rods on my 97 civic yesterday. Both sides, inner and outer. First ever DIY repair on a car that wasn't some ticky tack shit like replacing plugs or wires. I'm a shitty shade tree mechanic now!

I finally started to put tires on my cb750F that i've been putting off for months. Fuck me it's hard especially when I don't know what the fuck I'm doing.

Going to later. Motorbike needs a new battery, so I'm going to start the process today. Rip the back seat off and start undoing the bolts for the front one.

>planned an oil change + some bushings renewal for today
>had a minor surgery this week, nothing major, can still work on the car no problem
>"the healing will take some time since the weather is a bit too warm, do absolutely no outdoor activities while you recover"

I helped my dad fit some new flexible fuel lines to his kit car because the old ones are older than me and are disintegrating when the starter runs.
The soldering on a connector to the solid line that goes from the fuel pump to a bit of flexible line cracked a few weeks ago so he needs to borrow a soldering iron from a friend at work so I can resolder the old one and a new one my dad bought.
Once we get that done, it should be ready for an MOT. After that, cosmetic things like new side windows, new exterior bolts which have corroded being replaced, new interior upholstery, refurbish the wheels ect

>wanted to change timing belt/water pump while I have time off
>cam locking kit still hasn't even arrived in my country
>it's a bank holiday weekend

please make the pain stop.

Just finished fuel pressure testing and swapping on my summer tires on my 3vze Toyota pickup

bought a new dizzy shaft for the 86
cant be fucked opening the dizzy on the car tonight
maybe tomorrow i'll swap them over
maybe then it'll stop fucking leaking

washed the 70 for the first time since i bought it

also that togue loser guy is stealing pictures again

Gonna put a fart can on later

Installed a cat and a new mid-section on the wagon. Ran catless for a number of months, and I felt likeit was time to give the polar bears a break, not to mention how much nicer the car runs with the post-cat oxygen sensor in place.

It's kind of my job, so yeah I did.