370z

Why hasn't Nissan given this car a turbo 4 cylinder? It would solve two of the biggest issues plaguing the current car: harshness and weight

I imagine they could put in a 2.5L turbo4 (290hp) and cut the weight to 3000lbs while keeping the same base msrp. I'd probably buy it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Im5BSKMd0Ss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Inb4
>scum bag
>muh v6
>MUH V8
>pigfat
>oilburning
Anything I missed?
Also op, I like the idea, but honestly, they should just turbo the v6.

What about the name? 250z?

Indeed having lighter (or even similar) weight engine with FI would make the car much much better.

But then who would by a GTR?

The GT-R is almost an entirely different car even with a turbo.

your wish will probably come true thanks to MPG regulations

Isn't time to upgrade the 370z? How long has it been, 10 years now?

they could rebrand the Z line and just call it the Fairlady

or z25

z25 Fairlady

>he thinks a TURBO 4 will weigh 300lbs less
LOL.

You'll get a slower car that isn't better at all.

my point was: it's not worth to make Z-line lighter (yet keeping the original price tag)/give it extra HP/make it faster because doing that would hinder GTR sales.

It's not a 1992 you know, it's very easy to have 2.4-2.7L I4 with 400hp and wide power band that weighs less than a VQ37 or VR38.

there's no way a turbo4 3,000 lb rwd car can compare to the GT-R lol

They won't make it 400hp so kys. They can also EASILY make the vq 400hp. Are you retarded?
>put in a smaller engine to make it faster
>hurrrr mahhhh 4 cyl turbo!!!!!

I also didn't say it wouldn't be lighter. I said 300lbs, as said by OP. Keep moving those goal post.

>there's no way a turbo4 3,000 lb rwd

Make it 1200kg loaded and give it 350-400RWHP.

Now compare with 1800kg GTR with like 500AWHP.

I wouldn't get a GTR

why are you so mad? besides changing to a lighter engine/transmission they could also do other things to lower the weight and get it down to 3000lbs

You couldn't afford either of them.

>. I said 300lbs, as said by OP.

3000lbs for a two seater sports car is too much.

Don't listen to the op, he doesn't understand what he is talking about.

>1200kg

That's an insane weight goal, you're talking about a car the weight of an Alfa 4c but with 150-200 more hp. No way that car would sell for $30k msrp.

I'm thinking of a 1370kg car with 290hp

I own 350z and MKIV Supra. Your argument is invalid.

LOl why? So they can have a shittier motor in a car that is slightly lighter?

Fucking idiots trying to shove turbo econo motors in everything. The VQ turbo would be 10x better.

>I own a ferraghini and porchela

>That's an insane weight goal, you're talking about a car the weight of an Alfa 4c but with 150-200 more hp.

Think of MX5 or RX7. It's not that insane

the 370z is only slightly over weight, so having it slightly lighter would be great. Steering the car would be nicer too with a lighter front end.

Also 4 cylinder turbo sports car have been around forever so I don't know why you have a problem sticking them into sports cars.

>The VQ turbo would be 10x better.

Nissan did VQ30DET, seems like it didn't cut

RX7
>255 hp
>1310 kilo at best

Miata
>1 hp
>2400 lbs

TOTALLY the same. Idiot.

>Also 4 cylinder turbo sports car have been around forever so I don't know why you have a problem sticking them into sports cars.

That guy has no idea about 4G63T, 3S-GTE, SR20DET (I'm not JDM as fuck I just have limited knowledge on EU/US cars)

I have a problem with morons thinking 4cyl turbos weigh any significance less than a v-6.
I have a problem with morons that don't think turboing a v-6 would be better than maxing out a shitty 4cyl for no reason.
I have a problem with morons that think the weight matters at all when talking performance numbers. The NUMBERS are all that matter, if a car weighs 5400000000 lbs but is faster than a 400 lb car, WHO GIVES A FUCK WHAT IT WEIGHS.

>inb4 but if it was lighter hurrrrrr
>thinking they don't engineer EVERYTHING to the weight

we're talking about putting a turbo 4 cylinder into the current chassis and cutting out 300lbs, not building an entirely new car from scratch

>thinks ANY of those are better than a larger v6
HAHAHA. Fucking morons.
>better take out the RB26 to put in an SR20 so it will be faster.
This is literally how you people think.

>TOTALLY the same. Idiot.

for fucks sake it's 2017 you know

Stop comparing 30y.o. technology with what we got now.

You can get stiffer and safe chassis that weights less than it was possible 30y.o. thank to CADs/CAMs, FEM and stuff like that. Same goes for engines, turbo's, etc.

>moving the goal post
>ignoring the point
The post

>WHO GIVES A FUCK WHAT IT WEIGHS.

what the fuck is wrong with you?

>everything is an F1 car

Tell me again how a miata is so much better than a GT-r because it's lighter. Tell me again how the 240sx was faster than the 300zx because it was lighter. Tell me again how the rx8 was faster than the corvette because it was lighter.

>I have a problem with morons thinking 4cyl turbos weigh any significance less than a v-6.

It usually does, also having a turbo I4 or I6 is less complex and takes less space than doing FI for V.

>I have a problem with morons that don't think turboing a v-6 would be better than maxing out a shitty 4cyl for no reason.

The reason is complexity (most likely there would be two turbochargers as having long crossover pipe is stupid due to many reasons). And space requred. Any DOCH V6 + two turbos would be much wider than a I4 or I5 single turbo.

>I have a problem with morons that think the weight matters at all when talking performance numbers. The NUMBERS are all that matter, if a car weighs 5400000000 lbs but is faster than a 400 lb car, WHO GIVES A FUCK WHAT IT WEIGHS.

wow you are so dense are you american?

They should drop in their vq30det engine

It already makes 400 hp in the inifniti thing

>what the fuck is wrong with you?

He is fond of NASCAR, wrestling and has no idea why do people lighten their cars when they try to compete on the track (being it drag racing or closed circuit race).

V8, 4000lbs car, no turns FTW

>he started comparing cars against other cars with twice the power

honestly just an hero yourself, your arguments are shit and your opinions are shit

mcdonalds, bud light, fries, pizza

>It already makes 400 hp in the inifniti thing
nope it doesn't check the wikipedia on that

420z when

>on the track
LOL.

Show me all those light weight shit boxes beating the pigfat GT-R plox. Because weight it the only thing that matters right?

>weight is super important
>well not if you're going to count power
LOL
>swap a smaller i4
>instead of boosting the larger v6
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is your logic.

too many lols

you can't always mitigate huge weight buy adding more power.

the best strategy to make a car go fast is: make it lighter + extra hp

>being this dumb
>justifying saving 100-200 lbs
>to put in a shittier, smaller, weaker motor
LOL idiots.

You know classes exist right. And they are limited by weight and horsepower among other things. Racing isn't a free for all.

And 200lbs in front of the front axle line is a shit load.
If you're a stop light racer than sure, who cares.

>talking about racing while we're talking about FACTORY cars
Jesus, some of you still think everything is a race car.

>doesn't know the reason for the LOL was because you tried to justify your stupidity talking about god damn TRACK cars.

There is no magic on the track, the car behaves exactly as it behave on the street. Weight distribution, steering etc doesn't change.

If that doesn't matter then you are right, you can slap big ass engine and make any car as fast as you want (nor unfortunately you can't it doesn't work like this in real world).

>not understanding that people do in fact track street cars in many parts of the world
>or that what engine a street car was sold with determines where and how it can compete on a track, even when modified

Okay then.

>boosting the v6

Yeah, then we have another 3700lb turbo 6 car costing $55,000.

You're embarrassing dude.

>and yet all the "pigfat" cars are fasest

>poor people

youtube.com/watch?v=Im5BSKMd0Ss

[a r t - f o r c e] s i l v i a

Very gradually putting one of these back together and manualising it.

Want it done for summer. Only four months to go...

>posts pic of dude who pursued weight reduction to the point of destruction

>Why hasn't Nissan given this car a turbo 4 cylinder?
because the 370z is a n/a 6 cylinder

>its harsh weight
dude its the same weight as every other midsized sedan

same weight as a civic, same weight as a WRX, same weight as tons of other sports cars of its kind. Compared to american variants, its actually way lighter

THOT BE GONE

NEEDS A TTV8