/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, March 6th:
12 BC – The Roman Emperor Augustus is named Pontifex Maximus, incorporating the position into that of the Emperor.
632 – The Farewell Sermon (Khutbah, Khutbatul Wada') of the Islamic prophet Muhammad.
1912 – Italo-Turkish War: Italian forces become the first to use airships in war, as two dirigibles drop bombs on Turkish troops encamped at Janzur, from an altitude of 6,000 feet.

>News
CK2 DD44 - An Expansion Should Not Travel Alone
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-43-an-expansion-should-not-travel-alone.1001889/

EU4 - 28/02
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-28th-of-february-2017.1001995/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

based

Last thread we confirmed not even one soul on Veeky Forums is interested in Monks and Mystics

RIP Paradox, you brought this on yourselves by trying to keep a game going on DLC for half a decade.

White.

EUIV:

>HOW LONG DO CALL TO ARMS LAST?

>DOES TAKING PROVINCES CLOSE TO A PROVINCE THAT'S OUT OF MY CORING RANGE ALLOW ME TO ANNEX IT?

What even is Monks and Mystics lol

>trying
It's been stupidly successful for them

pretty sure they only last a month at best

>Two hours up-stream, so Tafas told me, was the throat where Wadi Fura issued from the last granite hills, and there had been built a little village, Khoreiba, of running water channels and wells and palm-groves, inhabited by a small population of freedmen engaged in date husbandry. This was important. We had not understood that the bed of Wadi Fura served as a direct road from near Medina to the neighbourhood of Rabegh. It lay so far south and east of Feisal’s supposed position in the hills that he could hardly be said to cover it. Also Abdulla had not warned us of the existence of Khoreiba, though it materially affected the Rabegh question, by affording the enemy a possible watering-place, safe from our interference, and from the guns of our warships. At Khoreiba the Turks could concentrate a large force to attack our proposed brigade in Rabegh.
>In reply to further questions, Tafas disclosed that at Hajar, east of Rabegh in the hills, was yet another supply of water, in the hands of the Masruh, and now the headquarters of Hussein Mabeirig, their Turcophil chief. The Turks could make that their next stage from Khoreiba towards Mecca, leaving Rabegh unmolested and harmless on their flank. This meant that the asked-for British Brigade would be unable to save Mecca from the Turks. For that purpose would be required a force with A front or a radius of action of some twenty miles, in order to deny all three water-supplies to the enemy.

Why is this not reflected in any gsg
the provinces around there are always huge

Can't you just open the decision and keep it open up until the war ends like you can in Vicky?

>game famous for the amount of dedication autists put in to mastering its mechanics
>literally no clear answer on the internet for one of the simplest questions

No

>mastering it's mechanics

nigga, all we do here is roleplay and jerk off to alternate history scenarios we create ourselves

so save the game and find out dickhead

I've never played EU4 but in every other game if you hover over the call to war icon that pops up, it will tell you how long you have before you auto-decline.

crypto-jews dlc

>Marry daughter some frankish count. since they where engaged since birth.
>Seconds later receive a request to marry said daughter off matrinially.
Why is this allowed?

>ally castille day 1
>france declares war citing "fuck off this is france"
>proceed to personal union them with castille
>use this new crown to take chunks of burgundy and all of brittany
>euros don't like it so they declare war
Now just to stay in Britain and let these lads sort all this out for themselves.

FUCK OFF SPAMMER

What is a fun country to play in Vicky 2 if you are new. I know the basics of the mechanics and I can definitely play the game, but I'm not good enough to pull off the harder countries, like Texas.

I want a fun goal that is at least achievable by someone who kind of knows what they are doing and understands pops and economy, somewhat.

I have played a lot of Victoria 2 but the coolest game I remember I had was with the Netherlands. Absolutely chill. I gave up belgium and created a colonial empire in SEA.

pax kebab

What does this spinning silver icon of a cannon mean?

Previously I had seen the same icon hovering over a German stack of tropes in bronze instead of silver. I can't figure out what is "special" about this one stack.

Literally googled "victoria 2 cannon symbol" and this came up
>I think you got one of the extra spritepack DLCs, which uses floating gold icons (artillery pieces and planes, I think are the two they show) to mark armies with artillery or planes in them (I'm not sure what the exact criteria it has for army composition, how it deals with ones with both units, etc. - I don't have that spritepack*). It's not especially significant, although you may find it useful for picking out armies for certain tasks.

>Sprite packs have those symbols above armies to represent what's in them. In this case, it's got enough artillery for the artillery sprite to be on top.

Nigga your google fu is weak

It only shows up on German units though.

I'm in a great war right now so I can see a lot of stacks of artillery, both enemy and allied, but only German stacks get the silver icon.

Only German artillery is made from superior grade Krup (or Kruppen Preussens in German) steel

Why do these tards still rebel when they've already won?

>fascist are retarded
More news at 11.

What country is that with the white flag and the red star?

Communist Greece

I'm interested because in a few months the mods will be better because of it.

I am. Cults are a feature the game needed badly.

>Last thread we confirmed not even one soul on Veeky Forums is interested in Monks and Mystics
No we didn't.

Why do you have 204 brigades without a single one of them stationed in Europe?

Fuck, how do I fix this glitched war?

I wanted the rebels to do their thing unmolested but an event did their work for them.

holy fuck this place is dead

good

what said

Any decision can be kept open for 3 Calendar Months. When they elapse it defaults to the auto choice.

You've got a personal Union over France and Castile?

Is this true or a meme?

Semi-related, but I saw an Instagram page post AFPGs flags as a topic for serious discussion.

Well, there was a dutch colony in that spot, but I don't think that pernambuco is meant to represent that

>I saw an Instagram page post AFPGs flags as a topic for serious discussion.
really?

Really

those aren't afps handiwork i think

>all of them are the same shit with minor variations
>except fucking China which has actual chinese flags from history because they actually were that diverse

what and said

That's trash compared to the effort put in by afpguy

t. afpguy

Isn't grobgermaniums the only one in the list that used all the flags?

That looks like it's from NWOmod except there are no populist flags.

I wish

>fascist canada

>no-one's interested in the new DLC
what the fuck planet do you live on? everyone that plays CK2 is literally near shitting themselves waiting for the torrent to go up.

>grobgermaniums
>grob
>b

>that Canadian nationalist flag
lmao

I need a copy, stat.

cuz everyone spamming F5 on google waiting for ck2 dlc to come out
also expect heavy traffic the first few days when this thread'll get people in from /v/. there's been ck2 threads up on there on and off the last few days now.

>Tfw my two eldest sons are homosexual
>And each others' lover

Doesn't it come out in like 18 hours?

just like in my Chinese cartoons!

We're back and the Austrians have gotten cucked

>Portugal

>plan on nabbing Granada before Castile

>stackwipe entire Granadan army

>quickly push out Moroccans from Ceuta

>Castile declares on Granada

>rush to Garnatah so I don't lose the siege to them

>make it in time

>leave one unit in Garnatah and move out the rest so I can grab my siege general

>Castile takes over the occupation

>fine no problem, I'll just savescum

>reload the month

>Castile now declares war early than original, always gets to Garnatah first

Yeah nah. Really put me down. Cunting piece of shit AI.

Is immigration based on primary culture or geographical location or both?

What if I made a nation in Africa have a new world culture as it's primary?

So all you need to do is conquer Castille

>attacking kebab before retaking greece and the balkans.

>Is immigration based on primary culture or geographical location or both?
It's based on modifiers (buffs if you will) to the country and social policies that you choose as well as how much emigration is occuring in the world.
>What if I made a nation in Africa have a new world culture as it's primary?
It gets immigrants if it has the modifiers for meaningful immigration and other countries have emigrants.

Instead of detaching a single unit, detach all but one and assign a different general. The one you leave behind will still count as having gotten there first, and retain control. I do this all the time.

Albania and Wallachia are my allies and Serbia is allied to Albania, I can win but I want to get a bit stronger before. Athens is guaranteed by Venice so I can't really win right now, and the t*rks are getting fucked by the Mamluks so why the fuck not

>allied to rightful Roman subjects
You deserve to be overrun desu

>Albania
Ew, why?

They blobbed all over the place for some reason
working on it fampai, it's only 1468

>Play one in-game month as a minor count elsewhere to make an important decision for the long-term I'm trying to set up for EUIV
>Go back to my main character
>In my absence he changed my kingdom's capital to a shitty backwater county that's got a quarter the technological advancements of the old location

Is there a cheat to change my capital back? I'm fucking furious.

>Being so bad you don't even know there's a button to change capitals

Let me try and explain this to you simply. My character only gets to move the capital once, and the AI used that one time to put my capital in the Scandinavian equivalent of the deep bayou.

Wait to die?

Are you saying that primary culture and geography have no impact on immigration? If that is true, how come I never see immigration outside of the new world into the old world?

You can move back to the historical capital you inbred dense fuck.

Because the new world has an immigration modifier called "new world" or something like that that gives it a massive immigrant attraction. South Africa also gets a modifier like this in HPM and probably vanilla. There can be immigration to old world if old world has the right social policies and the new world is filled with totalitarian shitholes with no jobs in a state of constant war and a literate populace.

feeling quite smug about this, lads

hpm and i think vanilla both put a huge malus on immigration to Asia and Europe

>Vanilla

/r/ing that chart that shows all primary and accepted cultures of all nations in HPM

Beware that a lot of nations get additional cultures added or removed by events and decisions.

>Cheats
>Complains when he gets punished for it

is there a way to make Steam stop counting game hours? I've been playing eu iv for too long and it's embarrassing

Why isn't there any country that accepts Wendish pops?

Am I the only one who thinks the Grand Campaign mod for Darkest Hour is pretty ass?

>Its main selling point is that it spans both world wars and the Cold War
>But for WW2 and the Cold War to properly happen the allies must win WW1 and the Soviet Union must happen
>If these events don't take place, the entire game goes tits up
>Defeating the entire purpose of having WW1 and the Interbellum in the first place

In that case you might as well just play the Great War scenario from vanilla. If Germany wins, you switch to Darkest Hour. If the Allies win, you switch to New World Order.

Thoughts? Agree? Disagree?

pretty sure playig in offline mode does this, might as well just hide your shame completely

Thanks user. I swear I've saved that image TWICE but it is not in my gsg folder.

Just run the .exe without steam.

thanks doc

What he said isn't true. Steam still counts play time when it's in offline mode.

the way you put it it sounds like that's only a problem if you play as Germany.

>/gsg/
>playing anyone but Germany/Prussia

Wouldn't that start steam as normal? Don't have the game on this computer so I can't try it

Are you READY for ALTERNATE STARTS?

it was a meme related to his image

If only.

No. It just gives you a stupid error message that you can safely ignore.

That meme is stupid anyway.

Or Austria-Hungary. Or Bulgaria. Or the Ottomans. Or an Italy that opts to remain in the Triple Alliance. Or any other country that could potentially have an interest in the Central Powers winning. Or a France that puts enough pressure on Germany to ensure they can't push deep enough into Russia for it to collapse. And even if you play a France and the SU does happen, you simply aren't allowed to lose. You can't lose and then come back for revenge, you MUST win.

The problem isn't grossebingermaniums, the problem is that the outcome is utterly fixed for WW1. If it isn't that exact, specific outcome and all its specific parameters aren't achieved, the entire mod doesn't work. In that case, why bother with the WW1 scenario at all? If you start in 1933 it's the exact same thing except without the risk of everything going wrong because you either didn't win or you didn't lose on purpose.